FZ Secretary speaks... (new article)

A F Harrold

Mar 29, 2005, 6:21:37 AM3/29/05
A friend at the local BBC website just posted his interview with a
woman who he knows from local amateur dramatics... how peculiar it
turns out she also happened to work for Frank one time... it's not a
big interview but nice to know that there are interesting people
around every corner, even in the boring home town...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2005/03/28/me_and_frank_feature.shtml

Cheerio,
Ashley.

Román García

Mar 29, 2005, 10:43:20 AM3/29/05
A F Harrold wrote:

> A friend at the local BBC website just posted his interview with a
> woman who he knows from local amateur dramatics... how peculiar it
> turns out she also happened to work for Frank one time... it's not a
> big interview but nice to know that there are interesting people
> around every corner, even in the boring home town...

She appears as Pauline Butcher on TRFZB, p. 102, and also pictured on
the UM booklet (I think she's the girl using the doll foot).

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2005/03/28/me_and_frank_feature.shtml
>

> Cheerio,
> Ashley.

Charles Ulrich

Mar 29, 2005, 2:08:43 PM3/29/05
In article <3atbblF...@individual.net>,
Roman Garcia <don...@ono.com> wrote:

> A F Harrold wrote:
>
> > A friend at the local BBC website just posted his interview with a
> > woman who he knows from local amateur dramatics... how peculiar it
> > turns out she also happened to work for Frank one time... it's not a
> > big interview but nice to know that there are interesting people
> > around every corner, even in the boring home town...
>
> She appears as Pauline Butcher on TRFZB, p. 102,

On that same page, FZ remembers the gun incident differently than
Pauline, with Wildman Fischer as another victim and "The Raven" as the
perpetrator.

> and also pictured on the UM booklet (I think she's the girl using the
> doll foot).

She's also in the photo on p.131 of Walley's No Commercial Potential

> > http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/articles/2005/03/28/me_and_frank_feat
> > ure.shtml

I'd never seen that photo of Pauline with the Mothers. But there was
another photo taken at the same session, of a different woman (Miss
Janet, perhaps) standing amidst the seated MOI. This photo appeared in
the Georgia Straight (9/16/70), advertising a concert featuring a rather
different line-up of Mothers.

--Charles

Román García

Mar 29, 2005, 5:16:38 PM3/29/05
Charles Ulrich wrote:
> In article <3atbblF...@individual.net>,

> I'd never seen that photo of Pauline with the Mothers. But there was
> another photo taken at the same session, of a different woman (Miss
> Janet, perhaps) standing amidst the seated MOI. This photo appeared in
> the Georgia Straight (9/16/70), advertising a concert featuring a rather
> different line-up of Mothers.

Yes, Miss Janet. You can see it here:
<http://www.hollywoodhangover.com/janetmot.JPG>

I think that picture also appeared on the original BWS insert, is that
right?

Charles Ulrich

Mar 29, 2005, 5:41:32 PM3/29/05
In article <3au2cuF...@individual.net>,
Roman Garcia <don...@ono.com> wrote:

> Charles Ulrich wrote:
> > In article <3atbblF...@individual.net>,
> >
> > I'd never seen that photo of Pauline with the Mothers. But there was
> > another photo taken at the same session, of a different woman (Miss
> > Janet, perhaps) standing amidst the seated MOI. This photo appeared in
> > the Georgia Straight (9/16/70), advertising a concert featuring a rather
> > different line-up of Mothers.
>
> Yes, Miss Janet. You can see it here:
> <http://www.hollywoodhangover.com/janetmot.JPG>

Thanks. The jpg looks much better than my photocopy from microfilm of a
newspaper, in which, moreover, the photo is severely cropped.

Also, in the newspaper photo, Roy's whole head and some of Motorhead's
hair is blocked by the shoulder and arm of a standing person. I can't
detect any differences elsewhere in the photo. Maybe the two photos were
taken a split-second apart, before and after the guy got out of the way.
Maybe the arm was collaged in, but I can't imagine why. (Of course, I
also can't imagine why an alternate photo with the arm would be
distributed for publicity purposes.)

> I think that picture also appeared on the original BWS insert, is that
> right?

If so, with or without the obscuring arm?

--Charles

Michael Gula

Mar 29, 2005, 6:05:37 PM3/29/05
Charles Ulrich wrote:

> On that same page, FZ remembers the gun incident differently than
> Pauline, with Wildman Fischer as another victim and "The Raven" as the
> perpetrator.

Maybe FZ and Pauline are referring to different incidents.

Hasi

Mar 29, 2005, 6:40:18 PM3/29/05
Charles Ulrich schrieb:

It occures there with the "obscuring" arm, which belongs to Don Preston
wearing his Army/Navy or whatever-Uniform. The Foto of Don is
"collaged-in" on the Insert.
On the right of the woman's head (Miss Janet?) there is written:

GABBY FURGGY
sings "Dit-Dit-Doo-Way-Doo"
on WPLJ, (tune one on side A).

Hasi

Charles Ulrich

Mar 29, 2005, 7:37:25 PM3/29/05
In article <4249E762...@aon.at>, Hasi <has...@aon.at> wrote:

> Charles Ulrich schrieb:
> >
> > In article <3au2cuF...@individual.net>,
> > Roman Garcia <don...@ono.com> wrote:
> >
> > Also, in the newspaper photo, Roy's whole head and some of Motorhead's
> > hair is blocked by the shoulder and arm of a standing person. I can't
> > detect any differences elsewhere in the photo. Maybe the two photos were
> > taken a split-second apart, before and after the guy got out of the way.
> > Maybe the arm was collaged in, but I can't imagine why. (Of course, I
> > also can't imagine why an alternate photo with the arm would be
> > distributed for publicity purposes.)
> >
> > > I think that picture also appeared on the original BWS insert, is that
> > > right?
> >
> > If so, with or without the obscuring arm?
>

> It occures there with the "obscuring" arm, which belongs to Don Preston
> wearing his Army/Navy or whatever-Uniform. The Foto of Don is
> "collaged-in" on the Insert.

Ah. And the newspaper ad is taken from the BWS insert. That makes much
more sense.

> On the right of the woman's head (Miss Janet?) there is written:
>
> GABBY FURGGY
> sings "Dit-Dit-Doo-Way-Doo"
> on WPLJ, (tune one on side A).

It's Miss Janet who sings on WPLJ.

gabby = talkative

Furggy < Ferguson

--Charles

oledork

Mar 30, 2005, 1:58:05 AM3/30/05
Thanks for sharing the article. Its nicely written. short but sweet. I
was not even aware of her, but that was a loooonng time ago. Thnx again.