GZ, The Central Scrutinizer-->> Project/Object Show Cancelled

ZapRatz

Nov 22, 2008, 1:06:29 PM11/22/08
Project/Object Show Cancelled

Friday 21 November 2008
http://projectobject.com/index.html

Bill's Bar - Boston Mass.

"Due to Adelaide Gail Zappa and her incessant, worldwide legal attacks
on fans honoring Frank Zappa's music, and attempts to negate his
request (according to the Zappa hotline, Dec 1993) to "Play My Music",
the Project/Object show for Fri 21 Nov 2008, at Bill's Bar in Boston,
has been cancelled.

Stand by for further details on the threatening letters. All other
shows, have proceeded fantastically or are proceeding as planned,
since what we do is 100% legal under US law. It's sad that lawyers are
being enriched every year by this useless letter-writing campaign (all
clubs also get threat letters).

FYI - The band Ugly Radio Rebellion, who you'll remember was under
attack for Dec. 2007 shows, just had to cancel all their Nov 2008
shows due to a couple of clubs' unfounded fears of Adelaide Gail Zappa
suing them. Bogus Pomp in Florida also recently was attacked for
celebrating this music. Artists in Germany also continue to be
attacked. What a waste of good money that could be used to release
more Zappa music......

We are not breaking any laws and we will continue to perform Frank
Zappa music for you. And maybe even a little of the music of Mozart,
Stravinsky, Gustav Holst, The Seeds ('Pushing Too Hard' used in 'Sy
Borg'), Yes (1984 'bamboozled' solo section), The Beatles (medley
played on 1988 Zappa tour), Richard Berry (Frank quoted "Louie Louie"
DOZENS of times), Herbie Hancock (riffs quoted in 'Greggery Peccary'),
Culture Club ('I'll tumble for ya'), The Doors ('The End', 'Light My
Fire')..and on and on and on....

I am conducting research into where and when Frank Zappa got
permission to perform, record or parodize ALL of these and many, many
other various artists' music. Of course sometimes he sought
permission, and when RECORDED and RELEASED, he certainly paid
mechanical royalties. But certainly many times he didn't.

For a guy who has a LARGE part of his art based on USING THE MATERIAL
OF OTHERS, his estate is strangely, hypocritically opposed to any one
else doing the same!

Thank you,
Andre Cholmondeley
"Project/Object"

--
As of the day this message is being posted there are,
lacking an unexpected alternate outcome, 59 days

ZapRatz

Nov 22, 2008, 1:19:12 PM11/22/08
On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:06:29 -0600, ZapRatz
<zapratzR...@newsguy.com> wrote:

>Project/Object Show Cancelled
>Friday 21 November 2008
>http://projectobject.com/index.html

>"Due to Adelaide Gail Zappa and her incessant, worldwide legal attacks
>on fans honoring Frank Zappa's music, and attempts to negate his
>request (according to the Zappa hotline, Dec 1993) to "Play My Music",
>the Project/Object show for Fri 21 Nov 2008, at Bill's Bar in Boston,
>has been cancelled.

Amusing presentation at http://projectobject.com/contact.php

Project/Object - Email List

Sign Up To The Mailing List!

Your Name:

Your Email:

Mail Message:

A Message From Moon Zappa

"Hi, thank you for calling. You've reached the Zappa-hotline ... this
is Moon.

My family requests that those wishing to send flowers to commemorate
my father in some way make a donation in his name either to:

The Office for intellectual freedom of the American Library
Association (a 501 C3 tax exempt organization) please phone them at:
312-280-4223 or fax them at 312-440-9374.

Or make a donation in Franks name to: The Cousteau Society,
Greenpeace, or any favourite environmental cause.

My family is concerned about all of those of you who love Frank and
want to do something but are financially restricted:

JUST PLAY HIS MUSIC, IF YOU’RE A MUSICIAN, AND OTHERWISE
PLAY HIS MUSIC ANYWAY – THAT WILL BE ENOUGH FOR HIM!

My family hopes to be able to announce a memorial event at a future
date and lastly, my mother asked that you be kind to your family and
to your friends, and, most especially to yourself."

“this message was on the Zappa Hotline just after Frank’s death on Dec
4 1993. We quote it here only to offer historical context . NO
ENDORSEMENT by Moon Zappa or anyone else is implied.”

ZapRatz

Nov 22, 2008, 1:34:03 PM11/22/08
<zapratzR...@newsguy.com> wrote:

>Project/Object Show Cancelled
>Friday 21 November 2008
>http://projectobject.com/index.html>

>"Due to Adelaide Gail Zappa and her incessant, worldwide legal attacks
>on fans honoring Frank Zappa's music, and attempts to negate his
>request (according to the Zappa hotline, Dec 1993) to "Play My Music",
>the Project/Object show for Fri 21 Nov 2008, at Bill's Bar in Boston,
>has been cancelled.

Introductory paragraph below from
http://chollyhoss.blogspot.com/2008/11/some-backup-to-my-pal-andre.html

11/21/2008

Some backup to my pal Andre Cholmondeley

This week brought news that Adelaide Gail Zappa, widow of Frank Zappa,
has gone on another faux-legal spamming spree, attempting to
intimidate club owners into canceling shows by bands who play Frank's
music. Well, it worked on Bill's Bar in Boston, MA. See the details at
The P/O website.

[snip]
Remainder at:
http://chollyhoss.blogspot.com/2008/11/some-backup-to-my-pal-andre.html

Zut boF

Nov 25, 2008, 2:26:28 AM11/25/08

<For a guy who has a LARGE part of his art based on USING THE
MATERIAL
<OF OTHERS, his estate is strangely, hypocritically opposed to any
one
<else doing the same!

LARGE is a big word here.

Frank didn't play alot of others composition than his own.

I am sure he has more tunes in his catalog than all the artists
combined he took songs from.

Frunobulax

Nov 25, 2008, 9:54:58 AM11/25/08
> Adelaide Gail Zappa

WTF is the "Adelaide" all about?

It's like you think using her full name makes her look worse and you
better; a parent hollering out the full name of a child.

Quite the opposite, actually. People who do this look like pathetic,
manipulative whiners.

We all know her as Gail, save your typing for the issue: the ZFT needs
to chill on people who are, essentially, making aliving off of
advertising Zappa's music. Okay, they may not be the best at it (or
maybe they are) but so what? Fucking take the compliment and let them
boost your record sales, for chrissakes ...

Mike Espinoza

Nov 25, 2008, 11:37:28 AM11/25/08
On Nov 25, 8:54 am, Frunobulax <sevri...@aol.com> wrote:
> > Adelaide Gail Zappa
>
> WTF is the "Adelaide" all about?
>
> It's like you think using her full name makes her look worse and you
> better; a parent hollering out the full name of a child.
>
> Quite the opposite, actually. People who do this look like pathetic,
> manipulative whiners.

Actually, her name is Adelaide HUSSEIN Zappa.
--
Mike E.