The FRANK ZAPPA AAAFNRAAAAAM Birthday Bundle 21 Dec. 2011

The Idiot

Dec 21, 2011, 5:25:10 PM12/21/11

The old geezer

Dec 21, 2011, 6:14:11 PM12/21/11
On Dec 21, 5:25 pm, The Idiot <disco....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> http://www.zappa.com/fz/aaafnraa/2011aaafnraaaaam.html

Hey, Idiot! I purchased your book on Amazon but have not read it yet
since it got confiscated to be a Xmas present from Santa......will
most likely be reading it Xmas Day.......cannot wait! Will let you
know my *thoughts* (uh - oh) on it then!!

The old geezer

ND: Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale & Rebel Yell Kentucky Straight
Bourbon Whiskey
NP: Transitions - Patrick O'Hearn

Milhouse G

Dec 21, 2011, 7:53:48 PM12/21/11
On 12/21/2011 5:25 PM, The Idiot wrote:
> http://www.zappa.com/fz/aaafnraa/2011aaafnraaaaam.html

I've purchased all of the prior Birthday Bundles but this time, I
dunno.. I might decide to purchase just the FZ tracks. We'll see.

--
Milhouse

ttuerff

Dec 22, 2011, 8:30:51 AM12/22/11
On Dec 21, 5:53 pm, Milhouse G <MilhouseW...@gmail.comGOSPAMYERSELF>
wrote:
Tankian's Yellow Snow is disappointing. And while it's pure sacrilege,
FZ's granddaughter can at least carry a tune. The other covers are
pretty much take it or leave its, although the instrumental "Evelyn"
is nice. However, last year's cover of "Your Mouth" by Macy Gray tops
all this stuff. Nice to have a LEGAL release of "Dead Girls" with Van
Morrison finally.

The Idiot

Dec 23, 2011, 8:00:56 AM12/23/11
I found this better overall than previous year's bundles. Aside from
the FZ stuff, I also really liked the Griffin & Kime tracks. The
jury's out on Mathilda, but at least she sings better than her Auntie!

Old Geezer, I look forward to your critique of my humble little tome
in due course. I think!

Andrew

The old geezer

Dec 23, 2011, 9:20:43 AM12/23/11
Not to worry! I've enjoyed every FZ book I've read...........except
that TERRIBLE Ben Watson "Poodle Play" nonsense which seemed to be
about everything BUT Zappa!!

TOG

ND: South African Red Tea
NP: The Other Side Of Life - Moody Blues

eelco janzen

Dec 23, 2011, 9:58:09 AM12/23/11
On 12/23/2011 03:20 PM, The old geezer wrote:
> On Dec 23, 8:00 am, The Idiot<disco....@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> I found this better overall than previous year's bundles. Aside from
>> the FZ stuff, I also really liked the Griffin& Kime tracks. The
>> jury's out on Mathilda, but at least she sings better than her Auntie!
>>
>> Old Geezer, I look forward to your critique of my humble little tome
>> in due course. I think!
>
> Not to worry! I've enjoyed every FZ book I've read...........except
> that TERRIBLE Ben Watson "Poodle Play" nonsense which seemed to be
> about everything BUT Zappa!!
>
> TOG

I totally agree, I really hated that book !!! JIGHHH !!!

VVV
eelco

ND: Lotus tea
NP: X-mas on the radio

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Dec 24, 2011, 2:46:58 PM12/24/11
I'm pretty happy with it. Mathilda's song is cute, and it also gives
us the backing track in better quality than on the original mix.
(Although the producer did some funny business with the editing.) I
think the reworking of "Bobby Brown" is outstanding; I wish I knew
what the new lyrics were about. The instrumental "Evelyn" is very
cool. Rama Duke does a great job with "Magic Fingers," though I wish
she had included the spoken coda! Many of the covers are perhaps a bit
too true to the original versions to be particularly memorable, but
they still makes for a pleasant listen. And although it's hardly new
to me, I *love* hearing Van the Man ripping up "Dead Girls of London."

Your pal,
Biffy the Elephant Shrew