What does "Peaches en regalia" means?

Federico Platania

Sep 6, 2005, 3:40:12 AM9/6/05
Hi.

I was wondering about the meaning of the title "Peaches en regalia"
(which is, by the way, one of my favourite FZ songs).

"Peaches" is english for "downy juicy fruits with sweet yellowish or
whitish flesh". And that's ok.

"en" has quite the same meaning wether it's french ("at") or spanish
("in").

"regalia" is italian and it means "present", "gift". But, more
precisely, a "regalia" is a gift from a person who is higher in a
hierarchical grade to a person who is lower (i.e.: from a boss to a
employee).

All in all, "Peaches en regalia" could mean "Peaches for free".

Is this correct?

Federico
http://www.samuelbeckett.it

Bill

Sep 6, 2005, 6:58:34 AM9/6/05
"Federico Platania" <federico...@virgilio.it> wrote:

I'm guessing that it was a restaurant menu item that Frank saw while on
tour.

MS

Sep 6, 2005, 7:31:26 AM9/6/05
"Regalia" is also an english word. I always thought the "en" part as "and",
so "Peaches and regalia". Maybe.

tactic

Sep 6, 2005, 7:43:53 AM9/6/05
http://poetrypostcardproject.com/blog/2005/08/peaches-en-regalia.html

--
http://tinyurl.com/4s74f
"Bill" <spam...@verizon.net> schreef in bericht

Hoodoo

Sep 6, 2005, 7:54:26 AM9/6/05
Federico Platania wrote:

> I was wondering about the meaning of the title "Peaches en regalia"
> (which is, by the way, one of my favourite FZ songs).

Tits. It probably has something to do with tits.

Tits have been called "peaches" by some people on occasion. As
in the song lyric, "I really love your peaches let me shake your
tree."

One definition of "regalia" is fine or decorative clothing.

So, "peaches en regalia" could mean "tits in fine or decorative
clothing".

Perhaps a stylish brassiere. Or the pasties or tassels worn by a
stripper.

~~~
I'm smarter, bigger, stronger, and a lot meaner than you are.
You also won't be the first person that I didn't like who I
had to kill. Legally. -- john wesley gilmer III
http://www.lowcarbsite.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=468
john wesley gilmer III is, of course, "el Presidente,
Atlantic Beach Vintage Motorcycle Club, www.ABVMC.com"
<1124981825.1...@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>

tactic

Sep 6, 2005, 8:26:45 AM9/6/05

http://www.artsworks.net/festival/images/images68.jpg

--
http://tinyurl.com/4s74f
"Bill" <spam...@verizon.net> schreef in bericht

tactic

Sep 6, 2005, 8:27:57 AM9/6/05
http://www.artsworks.net/festival/show.php?t=showPress&id=240

--
http://tinyurl.com/4s74f
"Bill" <spam...@verizon.net> schreef in bericht

Tom K

Sep 6, 2005, 9:01:16 AM9/6/05

"MS" <mikael....@POISTAokmetic.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Regalia" is also an english word. I always thought the "en" part as
> "and",
> so "Peaches and regalia". Maybe.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12713a.htm

In full regalia, I take to mean "all decked out", ie. to be dressed in full
regalia is putting on your best clothes.

tactic

Sep 6, 2005, 9:30:41 AM9/6/05
> In full regalia, I take to mean "all decked out", ie. to be dressed in
full
> regalia is putting on your best clothes.

get them here:
http://www.peachesenregalia.com/frame.htm

--
http://tinyurl.com/4s74f
"Tom K" <tomkri...@webspeed.dk> schreef in bericht

commodious

Sep 6, 2005, 11:52:26 AM9/6/05
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:01:16 +0200, "Tom K" <tomkri...@webspeed.dk>
wrote:

That was always my understanding; Peaches all decked out.

Dave W

Sep 6, 2005, 9:17:04 PM9/6/05
"commodious" <jcpr...@hotmail.comeonin> wrote in message

That is the correct meaning. Peaches dressed to kill.

Dave

Strictly Commercial

Sep 6, 2005, 11:25:53 PM9/6/05
Dave W wrote:
>>That was always my understanding; Peaches all decked out.
>

> That is the correct meaning. Peaches dressed to kill.

Methinks there's also a possible double entendre in this title. Peaches
is also a euphemism for sex/sexual organs, esp. those of the female of
the species ("If you don't like me peaches / Stop shakin' my tree").
Peaches en regalia _might_ also suggest pussy in all its glory.

Rolf

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Sep 6, 2005, 11:39:18 PM9/6/05
Hoodoo wrote:

>Tits. It probably has something to do with tits.

*Everything* has something to do with tits. *Everything* .

Your pal,
Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Gary

Sep 6, 2005, 11:58:56 PM9/6/05

Biffy the Elephant Shrew wrote:
> Hoodoo wrote:
>
> >Tits. It probably has something to do with tits.
>
> *Everything* has something to do with tits. *Everything* .

Well then. There you have it!

Hoodoo

Sep 7, 2005, 6:09:30 AM9/7/05
>>>Tits. It probably has something to do with tits.

>>*Everything* has something to do with tits. *Everything* .

> Well then. There you have it!

Agreed!

Michael Gula

Sep 7, 2005, 8:09:00 AM9/7/05
Biffy the Elephant Shrew wrote:
> Hoodoo wrote:
>

>>Tits. It probably has something to do with tits.
>

> *Everything* has something to do with tits. *Everything* .

Even the ponies?

G66

Sep 9, 2005, 7:43:00 PM9/9/05
I think Hoodoo's got the correct intallectual description. My original
ideas back in the stoneages was quite similar, actually.

"Hot Rats" with -Peaches was my first confrontation with the Zappa. I
was a tiny little weenie back then, around 11. I used to think of
"Peaches" in the music as something fresh and desireable. It was also,
indeed, a brand new fruit on the market. Realizing Zappa was a nasty
boy, I figured out he musta had both tits and butts in mind.

"Regalia", on the other hand, I thought was something overtly pompous
that the english royal family was wearing. A long cape draped with
pearls and diamonds. The regalia was the slower parts, the intro, the
daaa daaa daaa thing, very royal. The "Peaches" was the fast part, the
di-di-di-di tra la la thing...

I got weird images, but they were positive. It's a very optimistic and
cheerish piece.

Cheers from Geir.

tactic

Sep 9, 2005, 8:55:01 PM9/9/05
Geir

really and for true

how are you doin man?

--
http://tinyurl.com/4s74f
"G66" <corn...@online.no> schreef in bericht

G66

Sep 10, 2005, 6:27:12 AM9/10/05
tactic skrev:

> Geir
>
> really and for true
>
> how are you doin man?

Very good and very bad at the same time. I was food poisoned four days
ago and got diarrea. But I have found something really nice that
weights up for that. And how and who are you? The weather is good this
weekend. I'm off to fishing.

matam...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2014, 4:57:04 PM9/22/14
Uh.....no, Fed,I don't think so, myself... sorry.
"Regalia" is like a fancy get-up, often accompanied by the adjective "full". So in "full regalia" would be like a "full dress parade uniform" or similar. So "en" (which in French is actually "in" as well) would mean 'in the full fancy outfit"-dressed to the nines,so to speak- or with all the accoutrements of say, medallions, sashes,ribbons, all the accessories e.g. various gee-gaws, epaulets, buttons, bows, fringes, jewellery, etc.- well you get the idea.
"Peaches" I would assume, is a pet name for one of Frank's, or Capt. Beefheart's possibly, female acquaintances. (The Captain had a song called "Peaches" on one of his own early 70's albums,btw).
I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Frank some lyrical or title ideas on most of "Hot Rats", not just "Willie the Pimp".

The old geezer

Sep 22, 2014, 7:32:07 PM9/22/14
HRYK

TOG

ND: Some Kind Of Cheap Merlot

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Sep 22, 2014, 11:13:54 PM9/22/14
On Monday, September 22, 2014 4:32:07 PM UTC-7, The old geezer wrote:

> HRYK

Hot Rats Yields Knowledge

Martin Gregorie

Sep 23, 2014, 5:25:20 AM9/23/14
Wonderful Wino!

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

jsho...@aol.com

Apr 18, 2016, 9:10:36 PM4/18/16

jsho...@aol.com

Apr 18, 2016, 9:14:22 PM4/18/16
On Tuesday, September 6, 2005 at 3:40:12 AM UTC-4, Federico Platania wrote:
re·ga·li·a
rəˈɡālyə/
noun
the emblems or insignia of royalty, especially the crown, scepter, and other ornaments used at a coronation.
the distinctive clothing worn and ornaments carried at formal occasions as an indication of status.
"the Bishop of Florence in full regalia"

So, "Peaches en Regalia speaks of peaches wearing their finest, most ornate clothing, no doubt, as they parade proudly by... This would be typically Zappa; remember, he's the one who wrote: "Call any vegetable, and the vegetable will respond to you!"

Mower B. Yard

Apr 18, 2016, 10:58:07 PM4/18/16
On 4/18/16 8:14 PM, jsho...@aol.com wrote:
> downy juicy fruits with sweet yellowish or
> whitish flesh

Now imagine what other things might fit that definition.

And, but, also:

http://www.zappateers.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=8058

--
CRANK SOME FRANK!

Piper

Apr 21, 2016, 10:26:16 PM4/21/16
I would rather somebody tell me what "Diddy Wah Diddy" means.

hernande...@gmail.com

May 7, 2016, 12:40:12 PM5/7/16
I believe your all right , with the exception of the dessert/ food reference.
Peaches en Regalia is celebratory referring to a person being dressed to the nines and feeling good about ones self, life, relationship, situation ...
I recall a maternity shop (both for expectant mother's and the soon to be or recent infants) in Southern California named " Peaches en Regalia" it was lovely and you wanted to shop there.
That's only my opinion ...

jfeinst...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 11:17:24 AM6/28/19
On Tuesday, September 6, 2005 at 3:40:12 AM UTC-4, Federico Platania wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was wondering about the meaning of the title "Peaches en regalia"
> (which is, by the way, one of my favourite FZ songs).
>
> "Peaches" is english for "downy juicy fruits with sweet yellowish or
> whitish flesh". And that's ok.
>
> "en" has quite the same meaning wether it's french ("at") or spanish
> ("in").
>
> "regalia" is italian and it means "present", "gift". But, more
> precisely, a "regalia" is a gift from a person who is higher in a
> hierarchical grade to a person who is lower (i.e.: from a boss to a
> employee).
>
> All in all, "Peaches en regalia" could mean "Peaches for free".
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Federico
> http://www.samuelbeckett.it

'We need to ask Dwiezel'!

jfeinst...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2019, 11:19:30 AM6/28/19
>'One 'Turtle' is still touring, Mark. He might know!

Martin Gregorie

Jun 28, 2019, 3:10:15 PM6/28/19
On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:19:29 -0700, jfeinstein1017 wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 6, 2005 at 3:40:12 AM UTC-4, Federico Platania
> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I was wondering about the meaning of the title "Peaches en regalia"
>> (which is, by the way, one of my favourite FZ songs).
>>
>> "Peaches" is english for "downy juicy fruits with sweet yellowish or
>> whitish flesh". And that's ok.
>>
>> "en" has quite the same meaning wether it's french ("at") or spanish
>> ("in").
>>
>> "regalia" is italian and it means "present", "gift". But, more
>> precisely, a "regalia" is a gift from a person who is higher in a
>> hierarchical grade to a person who is lower (i.e.: from a boss to a
>> employee).
>>
>> All in all, "Peaches en regalia" could mean "Peaches for free".

In English 'regalia' refers to any type of elaborate formal dress and
dress accessories, so "Peaches on Regalia" might reasonably stretched to
mean the sort of elaborate peach-based desert dish that might be served
at the end of a formal banquet.

Anyhow, thats how I've always read it.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Mower B. Yard

Jun 29, 2019, 1:30:00 AM6/29/19
peaches = boobs, or possibly butts

come on, it's Zappa people!

en regalia = dressed up and on display

--
CRANK SOME FRANK!

Bil

Jun 29, 2019, 8:46:33 AM6/29/19
You don't subscribe to the simple Royal Garden Hotel, Kensington, theory?

https://www.royalgardenhotel.co.uk/packages/afternoon-tea

The old geezer

Jun 29, 2019, 1:54:57 PM6/29/19
Get your mind out of the gutter!!!

Mower B. Yard

Jun 30, 2019, 2:28:39 AM6/30/19
On 6/29/19 12:54 PM, The old geezer wrote:
> Get your mind out of the gutter!!!

Get your mind in the gutter!!!

--
CRANK SOME FRANK!