David Braben's kitchen

Robert Pfeifer

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
Does anyone have the picture of Dave in his kitchen? (Remember the
one? Sparked comments along the lines of "Nice kitchen." and "I have
that breadbin."

Rob

--
"Happiness? Happiness ... is to wake up, on a bright spring morning, after
an exhausting first night spent with a beautiful ... passionate ... multi-

Paul Roberts

Jun 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/13/99
Sure, it's now at
http://www.anti-matter.clara.net/frontier/images/brabenkitchen.jpg

;-)

--
Paul Roberts
Anti-Matter Productions
http://www.anti-matter.clara.net/

Robert Pfeifer <r...@i.am> wrote in message

Chris Burnett

Jun 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/13/99

Paul Roberts <hagg...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Thats David Braben? B-but he looks just like a normal human being...

--
Chris Burnett

www.burnit.freeserve.co.uk

"It's not broken.It just needs a few....adjustments."

Richard Westerman

Jun 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/13/99

Is it just me, or does he look a bit like Douglas Adams?

--
Richard Westerman ra...@cam.ac.leviathan.uk
Get my leviathan out to email me.

James Hunt

Jun 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/13/99

Richard Westerman wrote in message
<37640643...@cam.leviathan.ac.uk>...

<snip>

>> Thats David Braben? B-but he looks just like a normal human being...
>>

>Is it just me, or does he look a bit like Douglas Adams?

You look a bit like Douglas Adams?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

James Hunt aka Urthworm
Galaxynet - #0_anti-matter
http://www.anti-matter.clara.net

Jan Knutar

Jun 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/14/99
On Sun, 13 Jun 1999 19:09:22 +0100, "Chris Burnett"
<Ch...@burnit.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>Thats David Braben? B-but he looks just like a normal human being...

What were you expecting ?

-JK

Chris Burnett

Jun 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/14/99

Jan Knutar <j.k.@gotmail.com> wrote in message

If you passed this guy in the street without having seen the pic, would you
have though : "Now there's a guy who's designed and made a brilliant
game..."

LouisJM5

Jun 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/14/99
>>If you passed this guy in the street without having seen the pic, would you
>have though : "Now there's a guy who's designed and made a brilliant
>game..."

External physical appearence is no_indicator of anything but your physical
appearence. IfJohn Lennon or Adolf Hitler (Or John Lennon and Adolf Hitler)
walking down the sidewalk would you stop and think "That guy (s) is
charismatic".

The point is - anything is possible; I just proved it. I made a valid point.
What excites me about life is that there is a possibility - but slight - that
I_could_become dictator Earth, and Rob my whipping boy.

Louis J.M
---
"720k ought to be enough for anyone." - Bill Gates (1981)

James Hunt

Jun 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/15/99

LouisJM5 wrote in message <19990614181231...@ng-cj1.aol.com>...

>>>If you passed this guy in the street without having seen the pic, would
you
>>have though : "Now there's a guy who's designed and made a brilliant
>>game..."
>
>External physical appearence is no_indicator of anything but your physical
>appearence. IfJohn Lennon or Adolf Hitler (Or John Lennon and Adolf
Hitler)
>walking down the sidewalk would you stop and think "That guy (s) is
>charismatic".

Hail to the Western Empire.

>The point is - anything is possible; I just proved it. I made a valid
point.
>What excites me about life is that there is a possibility - but slight -
that
>I_could_become dictator Earth, and Rob my whipping boy.

Cool, all we need is a few guns, and some Russians willing to swap nukes for
bread. Terrorism may be harsh but it works.

Personally, I'm content with having my own tribe in the African rainforests
which I will form into an independant nation, arm with sub-machine guns,
then storm Johannesburg.

I'm also going to get an island and fill it with young children and several
varieties of predators, cut it off from society and see how humans react and
develop in the natural environment, without modern technology. Yes, hundreds
will perish, but I hope the experiment will help let humanity reach the next
evolutionary stage. Also, I hope it'll totally end the Equal rights, Sexism
and Adultary arguments, by showing that Men go out and hunt and Women care
for the young, men *and* women have multiple partners, thereby better
propagating the species, and that Coca Cola and McDonalds will *still*
achieve full market penatration.

And they told me I was insane. I showed them.

Showed them all.

James Hunt aka Urthworm <~~ Up too late for a pre-exam night. (again)

LouisJM5

Jun 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/15/99
>Cool, all we need is a few guns, and some Russians willing to swap
>nukes for bread. Terrorism may be harsh but it works.

Well, you're certainly ugly enough. <grin>

>Personally, I'm content with having my own tribe in the African rainforests
>which I will form into an independant nation, arm with sub-machine guns,
>then storm Johannesburg.

Guess you never fired a sub-machine gun. Too inaccurate and
spendy on the ammo for me. I'm suprised you would take those
over arming them with shotguns. '= P

>I'm also going to get an island and fill it with young children and several
>varieties of predators, cut it off from society and see how humans react and
>develop in the natural environment, without modern technology.

There's no reason to do that.

>Yes, hundreds will perish, but I hope the experiment will help let
>humanity reach the next evolutionary stage. Also, I hope it'll totally

>end the Equal rights, Sexismand Adultary arguments, by showing

>that Men go out and hunt and Women care for the young, men *and*
>women have multiple partners, thereby better propagating the species,
>and that Coca Cola and McDonalds will *still* achieve full market
>penatration.

What about Raqoon? =^)

Louis J.M, *CLICK CLACK* *BOOM!*
---
"720k ought to

Chris Burnett

Jun 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/15/99

Robert Pfeifer <r...@i.am> wrote in message
> Does anyone have the picture of Dave in his kitchen? (Remember the
> one? Sparked comments along the lines of "Nice kitchen." and "I have
> that breadbin."
>
> Rob
>
> --
> "Happiness? Happiness ... is to wake up, on a bright spring morning, after
> an exhausting first night spent with a beautiful ... passionate ... multi-
> murderess." E-mail: Robert Pfeifer <rp @ i.am>
> "Shit, is that all?" WWW: http://i.am/the.god.of.hellfire/

Hmm...Nice kitchen....

I thought he lived in a castle?

--

Chris Burnett
www.burnit.freeserve.co.uk

"Nay. I will bind thee to the Windows Platform with cunning artifices and
with
devious schemes. " - something Bill Gates probably said at some point.

Chris Burnett

Jun 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/15/99

LouisJM5 <loui...@aol.com> wrote in message

> The point is - anything is possible; I just proved it. I made a valid
point.
> What excites me about life is that there is a possibility - but slight -
that
> I_could_become dictator Earth, and Rob my whipping boy.
>

> Louis J.M
> ---
> "720k ought to be enough for anyone." - Bill Gates (1981)

No. You are wrong. I will be the dictator before you. Hahaha!

Step 1. Kill Bill Gates and steal his wallet. If you are strong enough you
can haul it to your HGV just intime to getaway before the police arrive.

Step 2. Using Bill Gate's change, buy the world. After that, you should have
no problem.

--
Chris Burnett

www.burnit.freeserve.co.uk

"Hail!"

Laura

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99

Chris Burnett wrote:

>Thats David Braben? B-but he looks just like a normal human being...

Are you *quite* sure about that? You have to look very carefully, you
know...
But you can see it... it's right there.... in his eyes, can't you tell?
Something wrong with that breadbin, too!!

Laura

"They're coming to take me away, haha! They're coming to take me away,
haha!
To the funny farm, where people are happy ALL the time!
Those nice young men in their clean white coats are coming to take me away,
haha!"

Laura

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99

James Hunt wrote:

>And they told me I was insane. I showed them.
>
>Showed them all.

[Spoken with a distinct German accent]
"Verry good, Dr. Mengele. Ve just might consider zis as a voerzy purzuit."

Chris Rickard

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Laura wrote in message

> Are you *quite* sure about that? You have to look very carefully, you
> know...
> But you can see it... it's right there.... in his eyes, can't you tell?
> Something wrong with that breadbin, too!!

I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I have
that breadbin!

Chris Rickard

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Chris Burnett wrote in message

> Hmm...Nice kitchen....
>
> I thought he lived in a castle?

What? And castles don't have kitchens??

LouisJM5

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99

So., does anybody wear his leather jacket too?

Louis J.M
---
"Where do you think you're going! - Windows98

LouisJM5

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99

> I thought he lived in a castle?
>What? And castles don't have kitchens??

Yes they do. Haven't you ever seen The Sword In The Stone? Before
King Arthur became king he used to work in the kitchens cleaning pots.

Chris Rickard

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
LouisJM5 wrote in message

> > I thought he lived in a castle?
> >What? And castles don't have kitchens??
>
> Yes they do. Haven't you ever seen The Sword In The Stone? Before
> King Arthur became king he used to work in the kitchens cleaning pots.

Never seen it, and I thought that was Sir Percival.

Chris Rickard

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
LouisJM5 wrote in message

> >I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I

have
> >that breadbin!
>
> So., does anybody wear his leather jacket too?

Don't recall the leather jacket, too busy looking at the bread bin, do have
one though.

Jan Knutar

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
On 15 Jun 1999 06:45:18 GMT, loui...@aol.com (LouisJM5) wrote:

>>I'm also going to get an island and fill it with young children and several
>>varieties of predators, cut it off from society and see how humans react and
>>develop in the natural environment, without modern technology.
>
>There's no reason to do that.

For ***SCIENCE***, and it would be interesting too...

-JK

Matt W

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
In article <3766a8c3...@news.kolumbus.fi>, Jan Knutar
<j.k.?@gotmail.com> writes
might be kinda fun to watch!

where did you find that sort of money? - can I have some?:)

--
Matt W

Matt W

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
In article <t2T93.132$w61.128@stones>, Chris Rickard
<chrisr...@geocities.com> writes
>LouisJM5 wrote in message

Disney's sword in the stone?

when did you see that?

what sort of age range are you, eh?
--
Matt W

Niklas Karlsson

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Chris Rickard wrote:
> I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I have
> that breadbin!

You broke into David Braben's kitchen and stole his breadbin? Or did you
mean that you have a breadbin that looks just like his? ;)

/Niklas

Robert Pfeifer

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Through a fractal on a breaking wall, I see loui...@aol.com
(LouisJM5) write:

}

}>I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I have
}>that breadbin!
}

}So., does anybody wear his leather jacket too?

A friend of mine has one like it...

James Hunt

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99

Matt W wrote in message ...

>In article <3766a8c3...@news.kolumbus.fi>, Jan Knutar
><j.k.?@gotmail.com> writes

>>>There's no reason to do that.
>>
>>For ***SCIENCE***, and it would be interesting too...

Yep. That is definately the scientist in me that came up with the idea.

>might be kinda fun to watch!

Yep. The scientist part was coupled with my insane, evil persona, meaning
this is both valid scientific research *and* entertainment. I think I might
film it and sell it to the BBC.

>where did you find that sort of money? - can I have some?:)

I'm still thinking of a way to raise the money, but I think it's going to
involve a large amount of firearms. I suppose I could get a grant off the
government, especially if American scientists (Cool, a new Oxymoron) can get
a grant to investigate why Breakfast Cereals go soggy, and come up with an
answer which when tranformed into normal English, was interpreted as "Milk".
There is the small matter of the whole "Inhumanity" of the procedure, but I
would quite happily clone myself, and several other willing volunteers in
order to provide the genetic material.

I'll give you some of the money, if you can work out a way to help me
develop the island. I'm looking for a way to attack religion, but I'm not
sure what I would use to represent something sufficiently beyond their
understanding to grant them worshipping it. The best suggestion I've had is
"Tabs of E"....

Also, if anyone out there could please hijack a truck carrying a shipment of
Coca Cola and drive it through the front of your nearest Pizza Hut, Me, Paul
(Haggis), Sam (IQ) and Josh (Lockheed) would all be grateful.

James Hunt aka Urthworm

Tom Morton

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99

Chris Rickard <chrisr...@geocities.com> wrote in message
> Laura wrote in message

> > Are you *quite* sure about that? You have to look very carefully, you
> > know...
> > But you can see it... it's right there.... in his eyes, can't you tell?
> > Something wrong with that breadbin, too!!
>
> I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I have
> that breadbin!

How much do you want for it?

--
Yikes Station: Frontier Elite 2 Website
http://www.yikesstation.freeserve.co.uk/frontier/yikes.htm

Tom Morton

Tom Morton

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99

Niklas Karlsson <mikr...@mbox300.swipnet.se> wrote in message

> Chris Rickard wrote:
> > I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I have
> > that breadbin!
>
> You broke into David Braben's kitchen and stole his breadbin? Or did you
> mean that you have a breadbin that looks just like his? ;)

Genuine David Braben (tm) breadbins: Ł5.99. Anyone?

Matt Dibb

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99

Robert Pfeifer wrote:

> Through a fractal on a breaking wall, I see loui...@aol.com
> (LouisJM5) write:
>

> }> Are you *quite* sure about that? You have to look very carefully, you
> }> know...
> }> But you can see it... it's right there.... in his eyes, can't you tell?
> }> Something wrong with that breadbin, too!!
> }

> }>I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I have
> }>that breadbin!
> }

> }So., does anybody wear his leather jacket too?
>
> A friend of mine has one like it...

My Dad has a shirt a little like the one he is wearing in another
picture....:)

Matt Dibb

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
to Niklas Karlsson

Niklas Karlsson wrote:

> Chris Rickard wrote:
> > I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I have
> > that breadbin!
>

> You broke into David Braben's kitchen and stole his breadbin? Or did you
> mean that you have a breadbin that looks just like his? ;)

I had it to begin with, but Braben half-inched it off me, then Chris
knicked it back. I still haven't got it back, and I shuder to think
what has grown in there....

Chris Rickard

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
Tom Morton wrote in message

> > I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I
have
> > that breadbin!
>

> How much do you want for it?

Dunno if I'd be allowed to sell it!! Mind you, it's not all that good at
keeping bread fresh. Maybe I could wait till this dies down and claim it's
Brabens and that I bought it at a car boot or something. Wonder if he
still has his? Anyone know how recent a photo that was?

Chris Rickard

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
Matt Dibb wrote in message

> > You broke into David Braben's kitchen and stole his breadbin? Or did
you
> > mean that you have a breadbin that looks just like his? ;)
>
> I had it to begin with, but Braben half-inched it off me, then Chris
> knicked it back. I still haven't got it back, and I shuder to think
> what has grown in there....

There was a half eaten roll stuck in the corner but apart from that it was
in pretty good nick. I like it because it makes the sound of the space
station door in FFE when you open and close it!!!!

David Parrott

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
In article <7k992t$pob$1...@news4.svr.pol.co.uk>, James Hunt
<urthw...@aol.com> writes

You can have a few clones from me. Kinda fun to watch yourself get
ripped to bits by wild animals.

>I'll give you some of the money, if you can work out a way to help me
>develop the island. I'm looking for a way to attack religion, but I'm not
>sure what I would use to represent something sufficiently beyond their
>understanding to grant them worshipping it. The best suggestion I've had is
>"Tabs of E"....

LOL

>Also, if anyone out there could please hijack a truck carrying a shipment of
>Coca Cola and drive it through the front of your nearest Pizza Hut, Me, Paul
>(Haggis), Sam (IQ) and Josh (Lockheed) would all be grateful.

Silly question. Why?
--____ ___ _ _ _____ ____
| __ \ / _ \ | | | ||_ _|| __ \ E-mail: nebu...@quayles1.demon.co.uk
|| \ || [_] || |_| | | | || \ | ICQ: 13313977
||__/ || | | | \ / _| |_ ||__/ | Website: <NOT UP YET!>
|____/ |_| |_| \_/ |_____||____/ Phone: 1100000101010110101001100011111
C Programmer, Beer drinker. Life Sucks!

David Parrott

Jun 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/17/99
In article <7k9bf4$2ca$1...@news6.svr.pol.co.uk>, Tom Morton <tmorton@yikes
station.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>Niklas Karlsson <mikr...@mbox300.swipnet.se> wrote in message
>> Chris Rickard wrote:
>> > I've said it before and I'm going to have to say it again I guess, I have
>> > that breadbin!
>>
>> You broke into David Braben's kitchen and stole his breadbin? Or did you
>> mean that you have a breadbin that looks just like his? ;)
>
>Genuine David Braben (tm) breadbins: Ł5.99. Anyone?

ROFL

Matt W

Jun 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/18/99

>You can have a few clones from me. Kinda fun to watch yourself get
>ripped to bits by wild animals.
Yeah I like sick things like that.

>>I'll give you some of the money, if you can work out a way to help me
>>develop the island. I'm looking for a way to attack religion, but I'm not
>>sure what I would use to represent something sufficiently beyond their
>>understanding to grant them worshipping it. The best suggestion I've had is
>>"Tabs of E"....

How about sheep!
--
Matt W

Jan Knutar

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:41:18 +0100, Matt W
<Elit...@ponsanooth0.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>>There's no reason to do that.
>>
>>For ***SCIENCE***, and it would be interesting too...
>>

>might be kinda fun to watch!
>

>where did you find that sort of money? - can I have some?:)

It wasn't I who made the original post (now snipped). Sorry, I am not
rich.

-JK

Matt W

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
In article <376a5e63...@news.kolumbus.fi>, Jan Knutar
<j.k.?@gotmail.com> writes
Doh! there goes my holiday plans.

now how am I going to pay for travelling to Cornwall for the eclipse.

:D
-- laughing sadistically
Matt W