Just a simple question.

Star...@earthlink.net

Dec 1, 2005, 12:02:46 AM12/1/05
Are dragons automatically furries?

I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.

Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

darkside

Dec 1, 2005, 12:35:33 AM12/1/05
Star...@Earthlink.net writes:

> Are dragons automatically furries?

Depends on your definition, I think; see below.

> I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
> but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
> but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
> things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.

Technically, furry == fan of anthropomorphic art. But if you mean "furry
lifestyler," then obviously not, since not everyone who considers
themself a dragon (myself, for instance) wears a dragonsuit or
goes to furry cons (not that I'm against the idea, or anything, just not
something I do). Also, many furry lifestylers don't consider themselves
to actually *be* (in a spiritual sense) the animal they associate with.
This is where the discrepancy between furry and therian comes from, I
suppose. In that sense, I *think* most dragons would prefer the term
otherkin.

At any rate, I guess my main point is that 'furry' has different
specific connotations for different people. I use the term to refer to
myself, but I have a more spiritual connotation.

When I get some free time, I'm going to make a post about this and
similar topics.

> Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
> like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

Why meat when you can fly?

--
darkside

DC2.D Gm L W-- T- Pvw Sks,wl Cwh- Bwa A(r-v++) Fr^++"pomegranate" Nw M +++!
H++ $- Fv+++! R++ Ac~ J++ S U I--# V++ Q+ Tc++ E++

Homepage: http://silenceisdefeat.org/~darkside
Email: darksidex at charter dot net

Joshua Barne

Nov 30, 2005, 7:54:58 PM11/30/05
Star...@Earthlink.net wrote:
> Are dragons automatically furries?

No.

But some have been "furrified" to the point where they don't behave like
traditional dragons any more. This is when we start getting into
dragons with big mammilian boobs. Heh.

~ Joshua

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 1, 2005, 3:10:19 AM12/1/05
On 30 Nov 2005, was found to have scratched news:1133412896.080568.28030
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> Are dragons automatically furries?

Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry" or
a "scalie" or anything like that, I'm just a dragon.

> I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
> but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
> but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
> things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.

I don't role play, nor do I wear a fursuit. I know I'm a dragon, and
that's enough for me right now, although that's rapidly being degraded
into not being enough.....

> Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
> like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

I don't eat anything I can talk to. It's considered bad form. But then,
I also don't need to eat at all, so maybe that's coloured my perceptions.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/ |
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/AFDList.html
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand
of Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8
from Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady
Viriatha, Owner of Flame Stryke's WindexŽ Factory, Lord Balloonmaker,
Borrower of the Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small
Statue of a Green Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper,
Employer of a miniature Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic
Ever-Bill from SeaKing, Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o,
Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep, First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the
Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos

--
"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm doing door-to-door collecting for
static cling." -- Herd Thinners

A vile and loathsome ratman

Dec 1, 2005, 5:17:23 AM12/1/05
Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses

in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry" or

You're posting in alt.fan.FURRY for gawds sake.

"oh hay guys, I like anthro animal art, I roleplay being a dragon and
I interact with furry fandom but I'm not a furry no sir!"

>a "scalie" or anything like that, I'm just a dragon.

Folfs for example do not exist in real life but they are considered to
come under the rubric of furry, "scalies" do also by virtue of them
being anthro animals.

The word "furry" does not need to be taken literally. It's just that
furry mammals happen to be the most popular.

A dragon is automatically a furry (as in: "anthro animal") if it is
given any human charecteristics, (like a human level of sentience).

---
Onward, onward you Greeks!
Sack the city of Troy and see your homes once more!

Dreamseeker

Dec 1, 2005, 8:16:08 AM12/1/05
>A dragon is automatically a furry (as in: "anthro animal") if it is
>given any human charecteristics, (like a human level of sentience).

That may apply to other animals, but who's to say that, if dragons
really did exist in this world, they would not have a human level of
sentience anyway? Dolphins are almost there already, are they not?

Personally, though, I don't really care what people classify me as.
Furry, otherkin, shapeshifter... They're all cool.

--
Dreamseeker

Bearer of one Ponder Point from Scott L

DC2.D~ Gf L12f15t30w W- T Phfltvw Sks,wh Cau@gr- Bzz A- Fr- Na
Mr---Mv- H++ $ F+Fo R+++ Ac+ J++ S++ U- I V+[weather magic] Q+[empathy]
Tc E++

darkside

Dec 1, 2005, 11:14:11 AM12/1/05
dsa...@yahoo.co.uk (A vile and loathsome ratman) writes:

> Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses
> in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>>Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry" or
>
> You're posting in alt.fan.FURRY for gawds sake.
>
> "oh hay guys, I like anthro animal art, I roleplay being a dragon and
> I interact with furry fandom but I'm not a furry no sir!"

Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.
So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
of the dragon community, and their status as furries is the topic of
discussion, so I'll avoid that for fear of recursion)

A vile and loathsome ratman

Dec 1, 2005, 12:39:40 PM12/1/05
darkside <dark...@no.spam.see.sig> bowed down before Ramesses in the

palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
>AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.

ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

>So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
>of the dragon community,

You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.

A vile and loathsome ratman

Dec 1, 2005, 12:39:44 PM12/1/05
"Dreamseeker" <LadyAmb...@hotmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses

in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>That may apply to other animals, but who's to say that, if dragons
>really did exist in this world, they would not have a human level of
>sentience anyway?

>Dolphins are almost there already, are they not?

Nope. Humans are the only creature which has risen from a purely
animal existence to do such things as visiting the moon or developing
powerful antibiotics which have saved the lives of millions.

>Personally, though, I don't really care what people classify me as.
>Furry, otherkin, shapeshifter... They're all cool.

BR

Dec 1, 2005, 2:30:08 PM12/1/05
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:14:11 -0500, darkside wrote:

> No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside of the dragon
> community, and their status as furries is the topic of discussion, so
> I'll avoid that for fear of recursion)

Well we're running a membership drive and dragons are welcome. And for all
the senior dragons, we have a special going were you get two villages to
burn for the price of one. If you hurry we'll throw in a valient knight to
play with.*

*small print*
Damsels in distress not included.

Draco18s

Dec 1, 2005, 2:45:52 PM12/1/05
Star...@Earthlink.net says...
>Are dragons automatically furries?

Yes and no. Depends on who you ask.

>I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
>but what about those that consider themselves dragons?

Most of us are both.

> Not only that,
>but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
>things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.

Well, I RP as one (D&D tonight), yiff is to personal a question for me to
directly answer, but I don't do kinky things like yiff in a dragon suit at a
con. };=3)~
Cons are fun, although I made my tail too long.

>Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
>like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

Short answer: "Bad Meat"
Long answer: I object to the idea of vore, although if not live, then I object
to the idea of cannibalism, including that of a different albeit sentient
species. The DM in my Blue Planet game was cleaver and there are no anthro-
cows (or non-anthro but sentient cows), so us carnivores do get meat.
To quote The Amazing Maurice, "I won't eat anything that talks." (I think he
actually said, or at least thought, "I won't eat anything that asks me not
to," however, I won't eat anything that asks me to either).

Draco18s

Dec 1, 2005, 2:50:47 PM12/1/05
In article <438f34dc...@news.critter.net>, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk says...

>darkside <dark...@no.spam.see.sig> bowed down before Ramesses in the
>palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>>Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
>>AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.
>
>ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
>fandom.

You realize that the dragon community only exists as part of the furry
community (and vice versa) when it feels like it.

>Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

Sorry, but I don't fall into this category, and neither does much of the rest
of AFD. Well, maybe we do appreciate, but not as humans.

>>So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
>>of the dragon community,
>
>You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.

No, Darkside did not.

Draco18s

Dec 1, 2005, 2:51:53 PM12/1/05
In article <pan.2005.12.01....@comcast.net>,
brodr...@comcast.net says...

I don't burn villages.

>*small print*
>Damsels in distress not included.

Why would I want one in distress anyway? Everyone knows a dragon is a woman's
best friend.

Draco18s

Dec 1, 2005, 2:52:44 PM12/1/05
In article <438f1bab...@news.critter.net>, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk says...

>"Dreamseeker" <LadyAmb...@hotmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses
>in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>>That may apply to other animals, but who's to say that, if dragons
>>really did exist in this world, they would not have a human level of
>>sentience anyway?
>
>>Dolphins are almost there already, are they not?
>
>Nope. Humans are the only creature which has risen from a purely
>animal existence to do such things as visiting the moon or developing
>powerful antibiotics which have saved the lives of millions.

Well, now you know why dolphins are smarter than humans.

Sibe Husky

Dec 1, 2005, 7:02:37 PM12/1/05
Dragons?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

*runs*

The Saprophyte

Dec 1, 2005, 7:42:30 PM12/1/05
A vile and loathsome ratman wrote:
(snip)

> ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
> fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

Sounds kinky.

--
The Saprophyte

The Saprophyte

Dec 1, 2005, 7:54:42 PM12/1/05
A vile and loathsome ratman wrote:
(snip)
> Nope. Humans are the only creature which has risen from a purely
> animal existence to do such things as visiting the moon or developing
> powerful antibiotics which have saved the lives of millions.

And where, pray tell, did they get most of those antibiotics from,
hmmmm? Notice also that purported microorganisms have been
found in meteorites originating on other planets.

So, who's the _real_ superior organism?

--
The Saprophyte

BR

Dec 1, 2005, 9:07:41 PM12/1/05
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:54:42 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:

> So, who's the _real_ superior organism?

Meteor man and oak boy.

BR

Dec 1, 2005, 9:09:24 PM12/1/05
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:42:30 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:

> Sounds kinky.

Cross-dressing furries?

Scott L

Dec 1, 2005, 10:30:57 PM12/1/05
On a dark and stormy night, Star...@Earthlink.net whispered:

I'll answer your first question. Dragons are otherkin in the most
generic sense, and considered furries by dint of the fact furries were
merely the first subgroup to get a generally popular name. Dragons are
not however furries in fact, as their nature is derived of generally
"fantastic" creatures as opposed to "real-world" animals.

That's my take on it. I'll probably have an entirely different opinion
tommorrow. ^_^

Just a Monkey,

Scott,

--
Visit me at http://4dw.net/moonfriend/index.html
Find the KMG (KY/Midwest Gather) at http://www.wertle.com/midwest.html

Scott L

Dec 1, 2005, 10:38:04 PM12/1/05
On a dark and stormy night, BR whispered:

> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:54:42 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:
>

> > So, who's the real superior organism?

> Meteor man and oak boy.

Now now... just because he has wood....

grinning... ducking... running... REALLY fast

Scott L

Dec 1, 2005, 10:40:17 PM12/1/05
On a dark and stormy night, BR whispered:

> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:14:11 -0500, darkside wrote:

ooh! Does it come with a can opener?

> *small print*
> Damsels in distress not included.

That's because it's more fun to get them that way on our own (feral
grin).

Message has been deleted

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 2, 2005, 4:12:21 AM12/2/05
On 01 Dec 2005, A vile and loathsome ratman was found to have scratched
news:438ecdae...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry"
>>or
> You're posting in alt.fan.FURRY for gawds sake.

And being a fan of something automatically makes you that thing?

> "oh hay guys, I like anthro animal art, I roleplay being a dragon and
> I interact with furry fandom but I'm not a furry no sir!"

I don't role play.

>>a "scalie" or anything like that, I'm just a dragon.
> Folfs for example do not exist in real life but they are considered to
> come under the rubric of furry, "scalies" do also by virtue of them
> being anthro animals.

Folfs? I don't recognize that term.

> The word "furry" does not need to be taken literally. It's just that
> furry mammals happen to be the most popular.
> A dragon is automatically a furry (as in: "anthro animal") if it is
> given any human charecteristics, (like a human level of sentience).

You would degrade us by taking away 99% of our intelligence and
sentience? };=8Ş

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++ Draco nigrum, oculi
rubere, suppositus, magus. http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/ |
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/AFDList.html Holder of the Scroll
of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand of Sparklies in its
case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8 from Ysable, Eater
of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady Viriatha, Owner of

Flame Stryke's Windex® Factory, Lord Balloonmaker, Borrower of the Ebony

Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small Statue of a Green Dragon
Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper, Employer of a miniature
Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic Ever-Bill from SeaKing,
Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o, Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep,
First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos

--
"How do you like your lizard?"
"Rare, bordering on hard-to-find."

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 2, 2005, 4:13:35 AM12/2/05
On 01 Dec 2005, A vile and loathsome ratman was found to have scratched
news:438f1bab...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>That may apply to other animals, but who's to say that, if dragons
>>really did exist in this world, they would not have a human level of
>>sentience anyway?
>>Dolphins are almost there already, are they not?
> Nope. Humans are the only creature which has risen from a purely
> animal existence to do such things as visiting the moon or developing
> powerful antibiotics which have saved the lives of millions.

Dolphins didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a lot
more intelligent than humans.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"Do not get on skin" -- Warning on Zep Commercial Heavy Duty Hand Cleaner
with Pumice

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 2, 2005, 4:15:52 AM12/2/05
On 01 Dec 2005, A vile and loathsome ratman was found to have scratched
news:438f34dc...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
>>AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.
> ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
> fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

Or is furry fandom part of the dragon community? I was a part of the
dragon community before ever hearing of furry fandom.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/ |
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/AFDList.html
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand
of Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8
from Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady

Viriatha, Owner of Flame Stryke's Windex® Factory, Lord Balloonmaker,

Borrower of the Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small
Statue of a Green Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper,
Employer of a miniature Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic
Ever-Bill from SeaKing, Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o,
Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep, First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the
Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos

--
"I'll just sit here and explode than, shall I?" -- John Cleese, Pluto
Nash

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 2, 2005, 4:17:47 AM12/2/05
On 01 Dec 2005, BR was found to have scratched
news:pan.2005.12.01....@comcast.net on a rock in
alt.fan.dragons:

>> No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside of the dragon

>> community, and their status as furries is the topic of discussion, so
>> I'll avoid that for fear of recursion)
> Well we're running a membership drive and dragons are welcome. And for
> all the senior dragons, we have a special going were you get two
> villages to burn for the price of one. If you hurry we'll throw in a
> valient knight to play with.*

I chose a long time ago to stop "burning" villages.....

> *small print*
> Damsels in distress not included.

That's OK, I prefer them in dat dress better.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

Coach: Can I draw you a beer, Norm?
Norm: No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one.
-- Cheers, No Help Wanted

Dreamseeker

Dec 2, 2005, 8:17:42 AM12/2/05
>>Well we're running a membership drive and dragons are welcome. And for all
>>the senior dragons, we have a special going were you get two villages to
>>burn for the price of one. If you hurry we'll throw in a valient knight to
>>play with.*

>I don't burn villages.

>>*small print*
>>Damsels in distress not included.

>Why would I want one in distress anyway? Everyone knows a dragon is a woman's
>best friend.

I notice you say nothing about the valient knight. ^_~

Zarris

Dec 2, 2005, 10:08:34 AM12/2/05
A vile and loathsome ratman wrote:
> darkside <dark...@no.spam.see.sig> bowed down before Ramesses in the
> palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>

>>Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
>>AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.
>

> ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
> fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

*snorts*
hardly...

--
Zarris

dragoncode: DC2.Dw Gm L- W T- Phvfwvl^t Sks Cbl+,bwh%,cbk,egy,vbk,wwh%
Bfl A- Fr++ Nm M- O H++ $+++ Fo-- R+++ Ac++ J+ S-- U-- I V-- Q Tc++[ntwk] E

journal: http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=zarris

Draco18s

Dec 2, 2005, 11:05:06 AM12/2/05
In article <u6svo1ti21ick7f17...@4ax.com>, wulf...@dm.net
says...
>On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:51:53 +0000, Draco18s
><draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> declaimed the following in
>alt.fan.furry:

>> Why would I want one in distress anyway? Everyone knows a dragon is a woman's
>> best friend.
>
> o/~ "Why smilest thou, lord dragon, sir?",
> asked our hero in armor laden,
> "Why, you'd smile too", the wyrm replied,
> "if you'd just eaten a maiden" o/~
>
>{Blatantly taken from an old filk; hope I've remembered the first line
>correctly}

Maidens aren't for eating. They are much more useful put to work cooking and
cleaning. Even the ditsy headed princess types.

Draco18s

Dec 2, 2005, 11:08:06 AM12/2/05
In article <1133529462.4...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
LadyAmb...@hotmail.com says...

>>>Well we're running a membership drive and dragons are welcome. And for all
>>>the senior dragons, we have a special going were you get two villages to
>>>burn for the price of one. If you hurry we'll throw in a valient knight to
>>>play with.*
>
>>I don't burn villages.
>
>>>*small print*
>>>Damsels in distress not included.
>
>>Why would I want one in distress anyway? Everyone knows a dragon is a woman's
>>best friend.
>
>I notice you say nothing about the valient knight. ^_~

Which one?
They were all fun while they lasted, well, except the one that got the gal,
but she beat him over the head and locked herself in the cage again.
*Blatant steal from the Ritterschlag short 3D movie*

Zombie Albrecht Durer

Dec 2, 2005, 12:09:15 PM12/2/05
Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses

in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>Or is furry fandom part of the dragon community? I was a part of the
>dragon community before ever hearing of furry fandom.....

Furry fandom has it's orgins in the early 80's from funny animal fans
who gathered at impromptue meets.

Alt.fan.furry was created in 1990, alt.fan.dragons being a much later
arrival on the scene in 92 and it is safe to say that without AFF
leading the way, it would not have existed. Dragon fans being a subset
of funny (furry) animal fans.

Zombie Albrecht Durer

Dec 2, 2005, 12:09:23 PM12/2/05
Draco18s <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> bowed down

before Ramesses in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>You realize that the dragon community only exists as part of the furry
>community (and vice versa) when it feels like it.

Pompous nonsense. It's a community of people who appreciate
anthromorphic animal media, I.e It's furry.

However, the issue is, Dragons as portrayed in fiction are MIGHTY
BURINANTORS OMG SO POWERFUL!!!! and many of those people who choose
them as their "fursona" or claiming to be a magical spiritual astral
dragon inside are compensateing for their own lack of power and sucess
in real life, and in order to try and feel superior and better they
bash on other furries who adopt fursonas which are not about mighty
burininateing.

Irony of ironies, those who claim to be dragons and form little
eliteist cliques because of it, are demonstrateing classic human
behavior.

>>Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>>with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>
>Sorry, but I don't fall into this category, and neither does much of the rest
>of AFD. Well, maybe we do appreciate, but not as humans.

I love anthro animals and interact with other anthro animal fans BUT
I'M NOT A FURRY BECAUSE I'M A MIGHTY DRAGON WHO BURNINATES YIFFY
FOXES!!!!!!!!

>>>So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
>>>of the dragon community,
>>
>>You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.
>
>No, Darkside did not.

Yes, yes you did.

Zombie Albrecht Durer

Dec 2, 2005, 12:09:25 PM12/2/05
Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses

in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>Dolphins didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a lot
>more intelligent than humans.....

That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine,
nor an atomic bomb.

"Viruses didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a

lot more intelligent than humans....."

Though you will find yourself alone in the world argueing for the
intellect of viruses I'm afraid.

Zombie Albrecht Durer

Dec 2, 2005, 12:10:09 PM12/2/05
Zarris <Waterfa...@aol.com> bowed down before Ramesses in the

palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>> ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
>> fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>>

>*snorts*
>hardly...

*farts*

BR

Dec 2, 2005, 12:15:47 PM12/2/05
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:09:25 +0000, Zombie Albrecht Durer wrote:

> That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
> kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine, nor
> an atomic bomb.

That's implying that tool-making is the sole metric to measure
intelligence.

Dave Hyena 8:>

Dec 2, 2005, 12:28:44 PM12/2/05
BR <brodr...@comcast.net> bowed down before Ramesses in the palace
of alt.fan.furry and said:

>> That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
>> kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine, nor
>> an atomic bomb.
>
>That's implying that tool-making is the sole metric to measure
>intelligence.

intelligence.

1. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
2. The faculty of thought and reason.

I know why there is night and day, why the seasons change and why
there is death and weather. I understand basic mathematics and I can
apply and use all of these things in everyday life.

what non-human animal can say as much?

Humans know large amounts about the world and everything in it, and
even the solar system and universe beyond.

No other animal comes even close to this.

Some animals can do things like useing a bit of wood to extract ants
from a log, but only humans build moon rockets.

Humans are more aware of themselves and their world than any other
creature out there and are the most inteligent creatures in existence.

Dan Skunk

Dec 2, 2005, 2:15:29 PM12/2/05

"Dave Hyena 8:>" <dsa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Just because other animals don't share their knowlege of the world with you
doesn't meant they don't have any.

Merely aquiring knowledge is not sufficient evidence of intelligence. It
must be purposefully applied.

And even then, intelligence is not the acquisition and application of
knowledge, but the capacity to do so. Humans have proved their capacity to
do so to a certain extent. Whether or not animals have proved they have that
capacity, a lack of evidence is not proof that they don't have the capacity
and are not just choosing not to apply it. And if they did apply it, it
could be to something we would not recognize as being intelligent.

When you measure one species against another, the one you are measuring
against will *always* be superior.

When comparing humans to other animals, humans will always prove themselves
to be superior at being human. No other species can be as human as humans
themselves.

Conversely, if you compared dolphins to all other animals, dolphins will
prove themsleves superior at being dolphins.

If we want to compare animals with each other fairly, our standard of
measure can not be something specific to the behaviour of only one species,
but must be a common behaviour that all species exhibit. Comparing species
on their ability to visit the moon is hardly a fair comparison, or even a
useful one.

The one common denominator of all species is survival. We can measure all
species against their ability to survive. Their ability to adapt to new
environments and new situations and take advantage of them. It is by this
quality that we should make our comparisons.

Dan Skunk

Dec 2, 2005, 2:49:57 PM12/2/05
Some see dragons as inheirently sentient creatures with their own
intelligence and language.

Comparable to human intelligence, but uniquely dragon in nature and not
human.

There, then, is no reason to anthropomorphize them, because they have these
qualities in and of themselves.

And if furry be about anthropomorphizing animals, and be complete without
the need to be anthropomorphized, then dragons need not be a part of furry.

Related, perhaps, in that they are a different animal having intelligence
that we can relate too, but not technically anthropomorphic.

It all depends on the ideas of the person interested in dragons. Whether
humanized beasts, or creatures with their own sentience.

No doubt the ideas of dragon fans and furry fans overlap to a considerable
extent.

Kiantis Gavenji

Dec 2, 2005, 3:14:58 PM12/2/05
Star...@Earthlink.net wrote:
> Are dragons automatically furries?

The word 'automatically' makes it assuming the answer is 'no'... a
simple answer.

---

Kiantis Gavenji

Draco18s

Dec 2, 2005, 2:32:59 PM12/2/05
In article <43907fc3...@news.critter.net>, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk says...

>Though you will find yourself alone in the world argueing for the
>intellect of viruses I'm afraid.

Not really, as a virus is not defined as being alive.

Draco18s

Dec 2, 2005, 2:35:40 PM12/2/05
In article <_K-dnSwMfYH...@rogers.com>, dans...@rogers.com says...

>The one common denominator of all species is survival. We can measure all
>species against their ability to survive. Their ability to adapt to new
>environments and new situations and take advantage of them. It is by this
>quality that we should make our comparisons.

You realize then, that humans fail.
Humans do not adapt to their environment as much as humans adapt the
environment to them.

Dan Skunk

Dec 2, 2005, 3:57:46 PM12/2/05

"Draco18s" <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in message

Well... Adapting to the environment, adapting the environment to fit you.
Same result: you find a way to survive in that environment. I think that's
what's important.

Kiantis Gavenji

Dec 2, 2005, 4:24:17 PM12/2/05
Zombie Albrecht Durer wrote:
> Draco18s <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> bowed down
> before Ramesses in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>> You realize that the dragon community only exists as part of the furry
>> community (and vice versa) when it feels like it.
>
> Pompous nonsense. It's a community of people who appreciate
> anthromorphic animal media, I.e It's furry.

*shrugs*
The meaning of the word and definition may be different from different
people.

> However, the issue is, Dragons as portrayed in fiction are MIGHTY
> BURINANTORS OMG SO POWERFUL!!!! and many of those people who choose
> them as their "fursona" or claiming to be a magical spiritual astral
> dragon inside are compensateing for their own lack of power and sucess
> in real life, and in order to try and feel superior and better they
> bash on other furries who adopt fursonas which are not about mighty
> burininateing.

I think you have a very strange view of dragons, i can imagine what kind
of people you talked to if you got this impression. Was them on AFD? When?

> Irony of ironies, those who claim to be dragons and form little
> eliteist cliques because of it, are demonstrateing classic human
> behavior.

If not proven the opposite, we all have human brains, instincts etc.
Anything could be added on this, but the base is still the same.
By the way, what classic human behavior are you talking about?

>>> Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>>> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>> Sorry, but I don't fall into this category, and neither does much of the rest
>> of AFD. Well, maybe we do appreciate, but not as humans.
>
> I love anthro animals and interact with other anthro animal fans BUT
> I'M NOT A FURRY BECAUSE I'M A MIGHTY DRAGON WHO BURNINATES YIFFY
> FOXES!!!!!!!!

Mhh, never saw something or someone say anything like that but the world
is so big...

>>> You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.
>> No, Darkside did not.
>
> Yes, yes you did.

Kids... that remembers me kids.

--

Kiantis Gavenji

Arcaton

Dec 2, 2005, 6:04:47 PM12/2/05

"darkside" <dark...@no.spam.see.sig> wrote in message
> Star...@Earthlink.net writes:
>
> > Are dragons automatically furries?
>
> Depends on your definition, I think; see below.

> > I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
> > but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
> > but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
> > things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.
>
> Technically, furry == fan of anthropomorphic art. But if you mean "furry
> lifestyler," then obviously not, since not everyone who considers
> themself a dragon (myself, for instance) wears a dragonsuit or
> goes to furry cons (not that I'm against the idea, or anything, just not
> something I do). Also, many furry lifestylers don't consider themselves
> to actually *be* (in a spiritual sense) the animal they associate with.
> This is where the discrepancy between furry and therian comes from, I
> suppose. In that sense, I *think* most dragons would prefer the term
> otherkin.
>
> At any rate, I guess my main point is that 'furry' has different
> specific connotations for different people. I use the term to refer to
> myself, but I have a more spiritual connotation.
>
> When I get some free time, I'm going to make a post about this and
> similar topics.

> > Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
> > like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?
>
> Why meat when you can fly?

Happy to meat, sorry to part, and happy to meat again.

Seriouslt the only reason humans aren't good to eat is that they aren't bred
to the same high standard as animals grown for the purpose.

"If the juju had meant us NOT to eat people,
He wouldn't have made us of meat" ~ Flanders & Swann

Arcaton
definitely
not fit for draconic consumption.

> --
> darkside
>
> DC2.D Gm L W-- T- Pvw Sks,wl Cwh- Bwa A(r-v++) Fr^++"pomegranate" Nw M
+++!
> H++ $- Fv+++! R++ Ac~ J++ S U I--# V++ Q+ Tc++ E++
>
> Homepage: http://silenceisdefeat.org/~darkside
> Email: darksidex at charter dot net

Arcaton

Dec 2, 2005, 6:10:39 PM12/2/05

"BR" <brodr...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:42:30 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:
>
> > Sounds kinky.
>
> Cross-dressing furries?

But never cross burning furries you notice...
Arcaton

Arcaton

Dec 2, 2005, 6:25:00 PM12/2/05

Folf = mix of Fox and Wolf. Sometimes spelled "pholph" as in www.pholph.com

See also Wox especially at www.pholph.com

Arcaton

Star...@earthlink.net

Dec 2, 2005, 7:10:22 PM12/2/05

You've obviously never met Exodite Dragon. He's an ARG I AM A DRAGON
BUT I AM NOT A FURRY I KILL FURRIES AND DECORATE MY HOUSE WITH THEIR
VITAL ORGANS bad dragon.

I think he's funny. Not laughing with him funny, but laughing at him
funny.

Star...@earthlink.net

Dec 2, 2005, 7:14:15 PM12/2/05

Define deshmine. Morals aren't defined as being anything in particular,
but that doesn't mean nothing is moral and nothing is immoral.

Try proving that viruses aren't alive. I bet you can't.

Besides, that wasn't even what he asked.

Wanderer

Dec 3, 2005, 3:06:03 AM12/3/05
"BR" <brodr...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:42:30 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:
>
>> Sounds kinky.
>
> Cross-dressing furries?

... and somehow Bugs Bunny winds up back in the topic. Good grief...

Yours truly,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne

BR

Dec 3, 2005, 7:04:49 AM12/3/05
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 02:06:03 -0600, Wanderer wrote:

> ... and somehow Bugs Bunny winds up back in the topic. Good grief...

He was on the "March of the Penguins" DVD.

Scott L

Dec 3, 2005, 7:25:22 AM12/3/05
On a dark and stormy night, Draco18s whispered:

> > I notice you say nothing about the valient knight. ^_~
>
> Which one?
> They were all fun while they lasted, well, except the one that got
> the gal, but she beat him over the head and locked herself in the
> cage again. *Blatant steal from the Ritterschlag short 3D movie*

That flic was sooooo cool! lol

Just a Monkey,

Scott,

--
Visit me at http://4dw.net/moonfriend/index.html
Find the KMG (KY/Midwest Gather) at http://www.wertle.com/midwest.html

Draco18s

Dec 3, 2005, 9:17:58 AM12/3/05
In article <kdadnelUdofWKA3e...@rogers.com>, dans...@rogers.com
says...

>Well... Adapting to the environment, adapting the environment to fit you.
>Same result: you find a way to survive in that environment. I think that's
>what's important.

Adapting the environment to suit you isn't finding a way to survive in that
environment as it is no longer that environment.

Draco18s

Dec 3, 2005, 9:29:52 AM12/3/05
Star...@Earthlink.net says...

Viruses contain some of the structures and exhibit some of the activities that
are common to organic life, but they are missing many of the others.
A virus is little more than a strand of DNA or RNA covered by a protein
coating, it's not even a single-celled organism.

Proof:
In biology, a lifeform has traditionally been considered to be a member of a
population whose members can exhibit all the following phenomena at least once
during their existence:

1. Growth, full development, maturity
2. Metabolism, consuming, transforming and storing energy/mass; growing by
absorbing and reorganizing mass; excreting waste
3. Motion, either moving itself, or having internal motion
4. Reproduction, the ability to create entities that are similar to, yet
separate from, itself or consisting solely of entities that exhibit the
quality of reproduction.
5. Response to stimuli - the ability to measure properties of its
surrounding environment, and act upon certain conditions. This property is
also called homeostasis.

1) Viri do not grow

2) Viri do not posses metabolic functions ("in 1935 when the tobacco mosaic
virus was crystallized and it was shown that the particles lacked the
mechanisms necessary for metabolic function."
http://serc.carleton.edu/microbelife/yellowstone/viruslive.html )

3) PASSED--they can invade.

4) A virus can not reproduce on its own, it must infect a living cell in order
to reproduce.

5) PASSED--at the very least I will say that they do, as when they reach a
cell, the can inject their R/D NA into it, this means that they have some
means of detecting the cell.

As I have a site with information proving one count of the definition of life
false, viri are not living.

>Besides, that wasn't even what he asked.

Then obviously you don't know anything about threads. They *never* stay on
topic.

Zarris

Dec 3, 2005, 11:29:27 AM12/3/05
Star...@Earthlink.net wrote:
> Draco18s wrote:
>
>>In article <43907fc3...@news.critter.net>, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk says...
>>

>>>Though you will find yourself alone in the world argueing for the
>>>intellect of viruses I'm afraid.
>>
>>Not really, as a virus is not defined as being alive.
>

> Define deshmine.

deshmine not found...

desmine:
"A common mineral of the zeolite family, a hydrous silicate of alumina
and lime, usually occurring in sheaflike aggregations of crystals, also
in radiated masses. It is of a white or yellowish color, with pearly
luster on the cleavage surface."

>Morals aren't defined as being anything in particular,
> but that doesn't mean nothing is moral and nothing is immoral.
>
> Try proving that viruses aren't alive. I bet you can't.

"Any of various simple submicroscopic parasites of plants, animals, and
bacteria that often cause disease and that consist essentially of a core
of RNA or DNA surrounded by a protein coat. Unable to replicate without
a host cell, viruses are typically not considered living organisms."

from that it says they are nothing more than a molecule (DNA RNA) inside
a bunch of molecules (protein), basically can say it has the same
ammount of life as a glass of milk....

> Besides, that wasn't even what he asked.

hard to have intellect if you arent living...

--
Zarris

dragoncode: DC2.Dw Gm L- W T- Phvfwvl^t Sks Cbl+,bwh%,cbk,egy,vbk,wwh%
Bfl A- Fr++ Nm M- O H++ $+++ Fo-- R+++ Ac++ J+ S-- U-- I V-- Q Tc++[ntwk] E

journal: http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=zarris

Zarris

Dec 3, 2005, 11:42:22 AM12/3/05
Zombie Albrecht Durer wrote:
> Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses
> in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>

>>Dolphins didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a lot
>>more intelligent than humans.....
>

> That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
> kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine,
> nor an atomic bomb.

because of their physical limitations, i think it would be hard for them
to build such things reguardless of their intellegence...

> "Viruses didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a
> lot more intelligent than humans....."
>
> Though you will find yourself alone in the world argueing for the
> intellect of viruses I'm afraid.
>
> ---
> Onward, onward you Greeks!
> Sack the city of Troy and see your homes once more!

Zarris

Dec 3, 2005, 11:49:09 AM12/3/05
Star...@Earthlink.net wrote:
> Arcaton wrote:
>
>>"BR" <brodr...@comcast.net> wrote in message

>>>Cross-dressing furries?
>>
>>But never cross burning furries you notice...
>>Arcaton
>

> You've obviously never met Exodite Dragon. He's an ARG I AM A DRAGON
> BUT I AM NOT A FURRY I KILL FURRIES AND DECORATE MY HOUSE WITH THEIR
> VITAL ORGANS bad dragon.

hmmm,, someone who shares my opinion,,, other than the
killing/decorating part,,, though sometimes that seems a good idea...
except the decorating part...

> I think he's funny. Not laughing with him funny, but laughing at him
> funny.

BR

Dec 3, 2005, 6:08:20 PM12/3/05
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:42:22 -0500, Zarris wrote:

> because of their physical limitations, i think it would be hard for them
> to build such things reguardless of their intellegence...

Shame there's no such thing as telekinesis.

Zarris

Dec 3, 2005, 8:28:44 PM12/3/05

,,,,there could be,, just noone or thing has weilded it powerfull enough
to do anything significant...

Dan Skunk

Dec 3, 2005, 9:27:41 PM12/3/05

"Draco18s" <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in message

Well... Either way, you're finding a way to survive in an otherwise
inhospitable environment. The fact that you change it doesn't change the
fact that you're surviving there.

Marrock

Dec 3, 2005, 10:26:38 PM12/3/05
Zarris wrote:
> BR wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 11:42:22 -0500, Zarris wrote:
>>

>>> because of their physical limitations, i think it would be hard for them
>>> to build such things reguardless of their intellegence...
>>

>> Shame there's no such thing as telekinesis.
>

> ,,,,there could be,, just noone or thing has weilded it powerfull enough
> to do anything significant...

"How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hands...."

--
Good journeys,
Marrock Volsung

Bearer of one Ponder Point

"Fly with me," said the dragon, "live in the depths of the waters and
soar through the sky.
We are not toys for mortals, but spirits that ride the winds and blow
the clouds along." --Lu Kuei Meng

DC2.Dw Gm L42f W T25,000l Phvwalt Sks,wl
Cbk\gr-^,fgr--,ebk%,vgr--^>bk^,sgr-^,bgr--^&1bk^,wbk@gr-,cag^ Bac A++ Nm
O H $+ R+++! Ac+++ J S+++! U I++ V-- Q+++! Tc+ E---!#

Rick Pikul

Dec 4, 2005, 12:46:54 AM12/4/05
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:05:06 +0000, Draco18s wrote:

> In article <u6svo1ti21ick7f17...@4ax.com>, wulf...@dm.net
> says...

>> "Why, you'd smile too", the wyrm replied,
>> "if you'd just eaten a maiden" o/~
>
> Maidens aren't for eating. They are much more useful put to work cooking and
> cleaning. Even the ditsy headed princess types.

You forget what group this is being xposted to: Eat does not have to
mean consume.

Although it can mean that there is no longer a maiden in the vicinity.

--
Phoenix

Draco18s

Dec 3, 2005, 11:52:38 PM12/3/05
In article <SuGdnYdazOKEyQ_e...@rogers.com>, dans...@rogers.com
says...

I made my statement already.
Now what book/movie was it where some alien or alien computer equated humanity
with a virus?
*Shrugs*

Wanderer

Dec 4, 2005, 2:21:48 AM12/4/05

> I made my statement already.
> Now what book/movie was it where some alien or alien computer equated
> humanity
> with a virus?
> *Shrugs*

I prefer the Vrusk comment from the old "Star Frontiers" RPG: Mister Human
and his Indestructible Junk Show.

Yours wolfishly,

The grinning,

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 4, 2005, 3:34:15 AM12/4/05
On 02 Dec 2005, Zombie Albrecht Durer was found to have scratched
news:43907fc3...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>Dolphins didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a lot
>>more intelligent than humans.....
> That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
> kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine,
> nor an atomic bomb.

Are you sure they're incapable? Perhaps they realized that they'd make
things like this, and so decided not to develop opposable thumbs.

> "Viruses didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a
> lot more intelligent than humans....."

Viruses are a lot more advanced than humans. Look at the common cold.
It's been around longer than humans have, and despite all humans do, they
still can't seem to cure even so simple a virus.

> Though you will find yourself alone in the world argueing for the
> intellect of viruses I'm afraid.

Not necessarily. People at the CDC probably would agree that viruses are
intelligent, even if they don't have the kind of thoughts humans do.

Lord Flame Stryke

[...]

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 4, 2005, 3:39:34 AM12/4/05
On 02 Dec 2005, Dave Hyena 8:> was found to have scratched
news:439081b4...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make
>>> any kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support
>>> machine, nor an atomic bomb.
>>

>>That's implying that tool-making is the sole metric to measure
>>intelligence.
> intelligence.
> 1. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
> 2. The faculty of thought and reason.
> I know why there is night and day, why the seasons change and why
> there is death and weather. I understand basic mathematics and I can
> apply and use all of these things in everyday life.
> what non-human animal can say as much?

Every animal aquires the knowledge that performing a task either rewards
it or punishes it, and applies that to its life. Do you think that if a
pig was punished for entering a certain part of a yard it would continue
to enter that part of the yard? Or if it was rewarded for entering a
certain part of a yard it wouldn't stay in that part?

Aquiring knowledge is a thought process, and even the dumbest of animals
can reason out something eventually.

> Humans know large amounts about the world and everything in it, and
> even the solar system and universe beyond.
> No other animal comes even close to this.

Perhaps because no other animal wants to.

> Some animals can do things like useing a bit of wood to extract ants
> from a log, but only humans build moon rockets.
> Humans are more aware of themselves and their world than any other
> creature out there and are the most inteligent creatures in existence.

Really. I don't agree with you on that statement at all, and I think
you'll find a lot of others disagree with that as well.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"The smallest interval of time known to man is that which occurs in
Manhattan between the traffic signal turning green and the taxi driver
behind you blowing his horn." -- Johnny Carson

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 4, 2005, 3:41:55 AM12/4/05
On 03 Dec 2005, Draco18s was found to have scratched
news:MPG.1dfc4e067...@alt.teranews.com on a rock in
alt.fan.dragons:

>>> Adapting the environment to suit you isn't finding a way to survive
>>> in that
>>> environment as it is no longer that environment.
>>Well... Either way, you're finding a way to survive in an otherwise
>>inhospitable environment. The fact that you change it doesn't change
>>the fact that you're surviving there.
> I made my statement already.
> Now what book/movie was it where some alien or alien computer equated
> humanity with a virus?
> *Shrugs*

The Matrix.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"Reality is for people who lack imagination." -- Herd Thinners

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 4, 2005, 3:45:05 AM12/4/05
On 03 Dec 2005, Zarris was found to have scratched
news:zYCdnZRI5pp2Wgze...@comcast.com on a rock in
alt.fan.dragons:

>> Try proving that viruses aren't alive. I bet you can't.

> "Any of various simple submicroscopic parasites of plants, animals,
> and bacteria that often cause disease and that consist essentially of
> a core of RNA or DNA surrounded by a protein coat. Unable to replicate
> without a host cell, viruses are typically not considered living
> organisms."
> from that it says they are nothing more than a molecule (DNA RNA)
> inside a bunch of molecules (protein), basically can say it has the
> same ammount of life as a glass of milk....

Depends on how old the glass of milk is.....

> hard to have intellect if you arent living...

"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"Give me liberty or give me debt!" -- Arcaton

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 4, 2005, 3:46:07 AM12/4/05
On 03 Dec 2005, BR was found to have scratched
news:pan.2005.12.03....@comcast.net on a rock in
alt.fan.dragons:

>> because of their physical limitations, i think it would be hard for

>> them to build such things reguardless of their intellegence...
> Shame there's no such thing as telekinesis.

"All those who believe in telekinesis, rais my hand."

And prove to me there's no such thing as telekinesis. But remember that
lack of proof is not proof of lack.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

The chat program is in public domain. This is not the GNU public
license. If it breaks then you get to keep both pieces.

-- Copyright notice for the chat program

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 4, 2005, 3:47:28 AM12/4/05
On 02 Dec 2005, Zombie Albrecht Durer was found to have scratched
news:43907f96...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>Or is furry fandom part of the dragon community? I was a part of the
>>dragon community before ever hearing of furry fandom.....
> Furry fandom has it's orgins in the early 80's from funny animal fans
> who gathered at impromptue meets.
> Alt.fan.furry was created in 1990, alt.fan.dragons being a much later
> arrival on the scene in 92 and it is safe to say that without AFF
> leading the way, it would not have existed. Dragon fans being a subset
> of funny (furry) animal fans.

Just because a newsgroup was created later than another one doesn't prove
that dragons didn't exist before furry fandom.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"Windows XP crashes about 3 times a day..... If my computer's on, the
number rises exponentially." -- Flame Stryke

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 4, 2005, 3:55:13 AM12/4/05
On 02 Dec 2005, Zombie Albrecht Durer was found to have scratched
news:43907fbc...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>You realize that the dragon community only exists as part of the furry
>>community (and vice versa) when it feels like it.
> Pompous nonsense. It's a community of people who appreciate
> anthromorphic animal media, I.e It's furry.
> However, the issue is, Dragons as portrayed in fiction are MIGHTY
> BURINANTORS OMG SO POWERFUL!!!! and many of those people who choose
> them as their "fursona" or claiming to be a magical spiritual astral
> dragon inside are compensateing for their own lack of power and sucess
> in real life, and in order to try and feel superior and better they
> bash on other furries who adopt fursonas which are not about mighty
> burininateing.

So burning things is the only reason dragons exist, and to burn things is
the only reason that people "become" dragons?

And I don't have an inferiority complex. I don't bash furries because
they're not dragons. I don't bash furries at all. I simply state that
I'm not a fur. I'm a dragon. Period.

> Irony of ironies, those who claim to be dragons and form little
> eliteist cliques because of it, are demonstrateing classic human
> behavior.

How are we creating an elitist clique any more than alt.fan.furry is?
We've never banned anyone from alt.fan.dragons. We've asked people to
moderate their tone and their language, and if they can't, we ask them to
leave, simply because we have youths here and we don't want them to be
verbally assaulted. I believe we lost one member for sure because his
parents didn't like the language (specifically the trolls) at the time,
which is a shame.

However, we're not elitist in the slightest.

>>>Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>>>with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>>Sorry, but I don't fall into this category, and neither does much of
>>the rest of AFD. Well, maybe we do appreciate, but not as humans.
> I love anthro animals and interact with other anthro animal fans BUT
> I'M NOT A FURRY BECAUSE I'M A MIGHTY DRAGON WHO BURNINATES YIFFY
> FOXES!!!!!!!!

Do you know when the last time I burned a sentient creature was?
Probably something like a thousand years ago at least.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

The three biggest software lies:
(1) *Of course* we'll give you a copy of the source.
(2) *Of course* the third party vendor we bought that from will fix the
microcode.
(3) Beta test site? No, *of course* you're not a beta test site.

Wanderer

Dec 4, 2005, 5:00:03 AM12/4/05

> Just because a newsgroup was created later than another one doesn't prove
> that dragons didn't exist before furry fandom.

Quite true, especially given:

1.) Prior to the founding of alt.fan.furry in 1990, the same traffic (alas)
was carried on alt.fan.albedo.

2.) The animated feature, "Flight of Dragons" was released in 1982; it
features a human transformed (well, sort of) into a dragon, and is based on
Peter Dickinson's "Flight of Dragons", itself based on "The Dragon and the
George". (Trivia tidbit: The villain, naturally enough, was voiced by
James Earl "Darth Vader" Jones, while several characters were voiced by Daws
"Huckleberry Hound" Butler.)

Yours truly,

The long-memoried,

Arcaton

Dec 4, 2005, 5:41:17 AM12/4/05
............. It is of a white or yellowish color, with pearly

> luster on the cleavage surface."

Sounds like Jordan or Sam Fox

(Arcaton the aged)

Arcaton

Dec 4, 2005, 5:42:17 AM12/4/05

"BR" <brodr...@comcast.net> wrote in message

My sister had a friend who made jars move....
Arcaton

Arcaton

Dec 4, 2005, 5:46:53 AM12/4/05

"Scott L" <spamt...@insightbb.com> wrote in message

> On a dark and stormy night, Draco18s whispered:
>
> > > I notice you say nothing about the valient knight. ^_~
> >
> > Which one?
> > They were all fun while they lasted, well, except the one that got
> > the gal, but she beat him over the head and locked herself in the
> > cage again. *Blatant steal from the Ritterschlag short 3D movie*
>
> That flic was sooooo cool! lol

Aye but where up the Amazon can ye get it? (Has the trailer saved to HDD)

Arcaton

Keeshah

Dec 4, 2005, 7:55:55 AM12/4/05
Star...@Earthlink.net wrote:
> Are dragons automatically furries?
>
> I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
> but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
> but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
> things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.
>
> Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
> like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

Going back into the Way back machine, we travel back to the start of
furry..

There were just 3 starting ground rules to define what a furry was.

It must have fur.
It must have some anthropomorphic trait. <can talk, stand upright, ect>
Humans are not furry, even with animal ears and tail stuck on them.
later modified to include anime characters with just animal ears and
tails.

So where did the dragons come from?

Before the creation of FurryMUCK, there was IcelandiaMUCK a fanticy
based muck where there a small group of furs resided among the dragons,
elves and the like.

When Icelandia closed, and the furs created FurryMUCK, the Dragons
followed them to the new muck, an became the scallies part of furry
fandom.. Altho there are oriental dragons that are furred.

The assilimation of the scallies was used as a basis to bring in
mammals that didn't have fur, an the dolphins arrived.. an later other
sea creatures.

When Elf quest became popular, there was a clammor to allow elves into
furry to ride on the wolves.. Werewolves clammored to allow humans into
furry with the argument, as shape changers they should be allow to be in
there human form.

Elves and were-human were accepted into furryMUCK. which proved to be
a big mistake.. the flood gates opened, the furry theme was ingored an
common humans infested the muck an took over.. from there anything could
be furry..

furry machines, furry plants, furry rocks, furry blobs, an the fandom
has suffered for it.

Dragon/scallies were around before the furs, but they have are not
just a part of Furry's Borg-like assimilation of everything..

Zarris

Dec 4, 2005, 8:42:45 AM12/4/05
Arcaton wrote:
> "Scott L" <spamt...@insightbb.com> wrote in message
>
>>On a dark and stormy night, Draco18s whispered:

>>>Which one?
>>>They were all fun while they lasted, well, except the one that got
>>>the gal, but she beat him over the head and locked herself in the
>>>cage again. *Blatant steal from the Ritterschlag short 3D movie*
>>
>>That flic was sooooo cool! lol
>

> Aye but where up the Amazon can ye get it? (Has the trailer saved to HDD)

i dont think its avaliable in that way (since its only like 6 minutes
long)... i know a while back someone posted a link here to where you
could download it, but i dont remember where...

> Arcaton
>

>>Just a Monkey,
>>
>>Scott,
>>
>>--
>>Visit me at http://4dw.net/moonfriend/index.html
>>Find the KMG (KY/Midwest Gather) at http://www.wertle.com/midwest.html

BR

Dec 4, 2005, 10:04:04 AM12/4/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 08:34:15 +0000, Lord Flame Stryke wrote:

> Not necessarily. People at the CDC probably would agree that viruses
> are intelligent, even if they don't have the kind of thoughts humans do.

Thoughts a virus would have:

Oh Gawd no! I'm stuck in a lawyer.

Party over at the capital. First one to make the president sneeze wins.

BR

Dec 4, 2005, 10:09:03 AM12/4/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 04:00:03 -0600, Wanderer wrote:

> 2.) The animated feature, "Flight of Dragons" was released in 1982; it
> features a human transformed (well, sort of) into a dragon, and is based
> on Peter Dickinson's "Flight of Dragons", itself based on "The Dragon
> and the George".

The Dragon and the George has inspired quite a few people. I've seen it
mentioned in a few credit pages.

BR

Dec 4, 2005, 10:12:38 AM12/4/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 07:55:55 -0500, Keeshah wrote:

> furry machines...

A daggot I believe.

Dan Skunk

Dec 4, 2005, 1:01:25 PM12/4/05

> On 02 Dec 2005, Zombie Albrecht Durer was found to have scratched
> news:43907fc3...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
>>>Dolphins didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a lot
>>>more intelligent than humans.....
>> That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
>> kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine,
>> nor an atomic bomb.
>
> Are you sure they're incapable? Perhaps they realized that they'd make
> things like this, and so decided not to develop opposable thumbs.

There are humans out there now turning their backs on a lot of technology to
live a more simple life. Maybe dolphins are just doing the same thing?

The Saprophyte

Dec 4, 2005, 5:49:17 PM12/4/05
Wanderer wrote:
(snip)

> 2.) The animated feature, "Flight of Dragons" was released in 1982; it
> features a human transformed (well, sort of) into a dragon, and is based on
> Peter Dickinson's "Flight of Dragons", itself based on "The Dragon and the
> George".
(snip)

I thought it was a synthesis of the two. Dickinson's book is a
somewhat dry pseudo-scholarly work. (and those jerks who did the recent
discovery channel special owe him a huge apology for basically stealing
his premise and calling it their own) He quotes TDATG at least once, but
the bulk of it otherwise is historical citation and speculative theory.
Did TDATG use the "dragons are just a bunch of big gasbags" idea?

--
The Saprophyte

The Saprophyte

Dec 4, 2005, 6:03:03 PM12/4/05

Maybe they're all just philosophy majors?

--
The Saprophyte

Arcaton

Dec 4, 2005, 6:15:35 PM12/4/05

"The Saprophyte" <NormD...@nolocale.com> wrote in message

I don't recall it doing so.

It focusses on the trials and discoveries made by 20th Century man (albeit
one trained and knowledgable about the medaeval world) as he struggles to
perform in an unfamiliar body.

Arcaton

> --
> The Saprophyte

Dan Skunk

Dec 4, 2005, 6:29:06 PM12/4/05

"The Saprophyte" <NormD...@nolocale.com> wrote in message

Maybe the dolphins are also. :)

Scott L

Dec 4, 2005, 6:50:49 PM12/4/05
On a dark and stormy night, Draco18s whispered:

> In article <SuGdnYdazOKEyQ_e...@rogers.com>,

The Matrix. And your point is moot. Both sides are, in fact - it's
yet another chicken-and-egg question that cannot be answered, so for
the sake of scientific approach adapting one's environment has always
been considered a sub-set of adapting to one's environment.

Scott L

Dec 4, 2005, 6:54:39 PM12/4/05
On a dark and stormy night, Zarris whispered:

> > > That flic was sooooo cool! lol
> >
> > Aye but where up the Amazon can ye get it? (Has the trailer saved
> > to HDD)
>
> i dont think its avaliable in that way (since its only like 6 minutes
> long)... i know a while back someone posted a link here to where you
> could download it, but i dont remember where...

I don't remember where I got it, but I do remember dl'ing it from some
site online.

The Saprophyte

Dec 4, 2005, 7:05:08 PM12/4/05
Dan Skunk wrote:
> "The Saprophyte" <NormD...@nolocale.com> wrote in message
>>Dan Skunk wrote:
>>>"Lord Flame Stryke" <Flame...@gmail.com> wrote in message
(snip)

>>>There are humans out there now turning their backs on a lot of technology
>>>to live a more simple life. Maybe dolphins are just doing the same thing?
>>

>>Maybe they're all just philosophy majors?
>

> Maybe the dolphins are also. :)

That's what I meant. :)

Although...reading that comment about The Simple Life over again made me
think of an alternate possibly. Maybe it's all a reality TV show
gone horribly wrong.

--
The Saprophyte

Rai

Dec 4, 2005, 7:24:19 PM12/4/05
Quoth "Arcaton" <r_c...@lineone.net>:

> Sounds like Jordan or Sam Fox

Come on, Arcaton, you know 98 per cent of the readers won't have a clue
about whom you're talking. ;)

\^\^//
,^ ( ..) ~~ Rai ~~ O .---. . F
| \ \ o / O> \/| i
\ `^--^ DC2.De Gm L W-- T Phflt Sks Cbk,sbk o \_. /\| s
\ \ \ Bwi A Fr++ M R Ac J++ I-- V Q++ Tc+ `---' ` h
ksj ^--^ _________________________________________________________

Rick Pikul

Dec 4, 2005, 7:51:33 PM12/4/05
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 08:46:07 +0000, Lord Flame Stryke wrote:

> And prove to me there's no such thing as telekinesis. But remember that
> lack of proof is not proof of lack.

Well, one can just about prove that there is no one with telekinesis who
can find a use for over a million dollars.

--
Phoenix

Wanderer

Dec 4, 2005, 9:58:00 PM12/4/05
"Dan Skunk" <dans...@rogers.com> wrote in message

> There are humans out there now turning their backs on a lot of technology
> to live a more simple life. Maybe dolphins are just doing the same thing?

Much like when they turned their backs on land after going to all the
trouble of evolving lungs... who knew dolphins were chronic quitters?:>

Yours wolfishly,

The grinning,

darkside

Dec 4, 2005, 10:16:19 PM12/4/05
Rick Pikul <rwp...@sympatico.ca> writes:

> Well, one can just about prove that there is no one with telekinesis who
> can find a use for over a million dollars.
>
> --
> Phoenix

Maybe that says something about the nature of people with telekinesis?
Either

a) they're all filthy rich or
b) they're ascetics (sp?)
c) Also, there's the possibility that no one with telekinesis knows how to
use the ability to get said money. Perhaps they live high in the
Himalayas, disconnected from the world except by footpaths that take
weeks to traverse.

Maybe I should stop listening to my professor's tales of travel.

--
darkside

DC2.D Gm L W-- T- Pvw Sks,wl Cwh- Bwa A(r-v++) Fr^++"pomegranate" Nw M +++!
H++ $- Fv+++! R++ Ac~ J++ S U I--# V++ Q+ Tc++ E++

Homepage: http://silenceisdefeat.org/~darkside
Email: darksidex at charter dot net

Keeshah

Dec 4, 2005, 11:17:37 PM12/4/05

you mean a Battlestar Galactia series #1, Daggit's? which became the
robo dog Muffit.

But there are robo furries. Cyborg furries.
ZOIDS
Beast Transformers
K9 of Doctor Who
The robot dogs -n'- critters that keep comming out of Japan.
Furbies

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 4, 2005, 11:19:06 PM12/4/05
On 04 Dec 2005, Rick Pikul was found to have scratched
news:pan.2005.12.05...@sympatico.ca on a rock in
alt.fan.dragons:

>> And prove to me there's no such thing as telekinesis. But remember

>> that lack of proof is not proof of lack.
> Well, one can just about prove that there is no one with
> telekinesis who
> can find a use for over a million dollars.

Is your life worth a mere million dollars? I wouldn't go out and prove I
had telekinesis for just that, since I'd never have any peace and quiet
ever again, what with all those people knocking on my door just to get me
to move them across the lawn, or all those other people who are too
stupid to know what telekinesis is and be bugging me for the next winning
lottery numbers.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"America was discovered by Amerigo Vespucci and was named after him,
until people got tired of living in a place called "Vespuccia" and
changed its name to "America"." -- Mike Harding, "The Armchair
Anarchist's Almanac"

Draco18s

Dec 5, 2005, 11:30:13 AM12/5/05
In article <43907fbc...@news.critter.net>, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk says...
>Draco18s <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> bowed down

>before Ramesses in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>>You realize that the dragon community only exists as part of the furry
>>community (and vice versa) when it feels like it.
>
>Pompous nonsense. It's a community of people who appreciate
>anthromorphic animal media, I.e It's furry.
>
>However, the issue is, Dragons as portrayed in fiction are MIGHTY
>BURINANTORS OMG SO POWERFUL!!!!

Unfortunately for that argument, many here don't "burninate," several aren't
"mighty," few are "powerful," and many aren't even larger than a human in
size.

> and many of those people who choose
>them as their "fursona" or claiming to be a magical spiritual astral
>dragon inside are compensateing for their own lack of power and sucess
>in real life, and in order to try and feel superior and better they
>bash on other furries who adopt fursonas which are not about mighty
>burininateing.

While I'll admit that I, and several others here aren't doing well in real
life right now, I can say that for my self at the very least that I was well
off in life (I was in high school and very happy) when I Awakened. What lack
of power and success?

>Irony of ironies, those who claim to be dragons and form little
>eliteist cliques because of it, are demonstrateing classic human
>behavior.

We hate those dragons as much as you do.

>>>Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>>>with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>>
>>Sorry, but I don't fall into this category, and neither does much of the rest
>>of AFD. Well, maybe we do appreciate, but not as humans.
>
>I love anthro animals and interact with other anthro animal fans BUT
>I'M NOT A FURRY BECAUSE I'M A MIGHTY DRAGON WHO BURNINATES YIFFY
>FOXES!!!!!!!!

I'm not furry because I don't have fur.
Honestly.
I've been to AnthroCon, the US's *largest* FURRY convention.

>>>You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.
>>
>>No, Darkside did not.
>
>Yes, yes you did.

I'm not Darkside.

Draco18s

Dec 5, 2005, 11:35:05 AM12/5/05
In article <87u0do9...@no.spam.see.sig>, dark...@no.spam.see.sig says...

>Rick Pikul <rwp...@sympatico.ca> writes:
>
>> Well, one can just about prove that there is no one with telekinesis who
>> can find a use for over a million dollars.
>>
>> --
>> Phoenix
>>

>Maybe that says something about the nature of people with telekinesis?
>Either
>
>a) they're all filthy rich or
>b) they're ascetics (sp?)
>c) Also, there's the possibility that no one with telekinesis knows how to
>use the ability to get said money. Perhaps they live high in the
>Himalayas, disconnected from the world except by footpaths that take
>weeks to traverse.

Well, I'm going to repeat something I was told as to why no one has won that 1
million for any psychic ability.
Disbelief in the paranormal is similar to what radar jamming does to radar.

Draco18s

Dec 5, 2005, 11:39:06 AM12/5/05
In article <thLkf.621646$xm3.370711@attbi_s21>, spamt...@insightbb.com
says...

Hence the shrug. I've only been playing the devil's advocate anyway.

Dan Skunk

Dec 5, 2005, 3:19:20 PM12/5/05

"Draco18s" <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in message

Oh, that's suck a load of...

lol

Arcaton

Dec 5, 2005, 5:30:38 PM12/5/05

"Rai" <nos...@dev.nul> wrote in message

> Quoth "Arcaton" <r_c...@lineone.net>:
> > Sounds like Jordan or Sam Fox
>
> Come on, Arcaton, you know 98 per cent of the readers won't have a clue
> about whom you're talking. ;)

Maybe not Sam Fox (didn't she become a DJ?) but Jordan.....

What else is our little (?!) Katie Price famous for?

Arcaton

Tits like coconuts

Sparrows prefer fatty rinds of bacon

Rai

Dec 5, 2005, 6:36:03 PM12/5/05
Quoth "Arcaton" <r_c...@lineone.net>:

>> Come on, Arcaton, you know 98 per cent of the readers won't have
>> a clue about whom you're talking. ;)
>
> Maybe not Sam Fox (didn't she become a DJ?)

Something along those lines, I believe, though one wouldn't have
guessed she'd be any good at it after that disastrous Brits award
evening she co-presented with Mick Fleetwood.

> but Jordan.....
> What else is our little (?!) Katie Price famous for?

I'm merely suggesting that other countries have their own busty
former glamour models, and she's virtually unknown abroad.

> Arcaton
>
> Tits like coconuts
>
> Sparrows prefer fatty rinds of bacon

Indeed. :)