Second Life

Al Phi

Dec 10, 2006, 3:36:01 AM12/10/06
I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.

--
Al Phi

v_dragon

Dec 10, 2006, 11:34:35 AM12/10/06

Oh, no! I have recently been sucked into that place as well.
:)
I may come and find you out, I am VincentTheDragon Wei.

--
Vincent

DC2.D Gm L W- T- Phwalt Skh Cta,bta+ Bco/fl A Fr++ Nn
M O H--- Fo R+++! Ac+ J+ S? I---# V? Q? Tc++[Technition] E+
www.vincentthedragon.com/bio/me_the_dragon.html

Visit my Blog/Lair @
www.vincentthedragon.com
v_dr...@bellsouth.net
Yahoo IM vincent_the_dragon
SeconLife VincentTheDragon Wei
Up the Irons!
---------------------------
Scouting- Because Character counts
Duke of Dutch Ovens [DoDo]
(currently offline)dutchovenfaq.htm
<'cause few know what a dutch oven is>
Priest in charge of the pastries
---------------------------
"The tears of a Dragon,
For you and for me."
-Bruce Dickinson

Al Phi

Dec 10, 2006, 12:27:03 PM12/10/06
v_dragon wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2006 00:36:01 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
> >they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
> >in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.
>
> Oh, no! I have recently been sucked into that place as well.
> :)
> I may come and find you out, I am VincentTheDragon Wei.

Yeah.. I'm still trying to learn building. Though it doesn't help a
whole lot if I can't afford land or anything. 'cept for avatar building
that is.

--
Al Phi

Draconian Sage

Dec 10, 2006, 12:48:05 PM12/10/06
Yeah, I'm Drake Gemini on there, but I don't think I'll be too active,
especially since in order to do anything big, you gotta purchase L$
(Linden Dollars) for land and whatnot...

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 10, 2006, 2:18:31 PM12/10/06
On 10 Dec 2006, Al Phi was found to have scratched this message on a rock
in alt.fan.dragons:

> I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
> they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
> in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.

I suppose I should check my account..... I left almost L$1000 in my bank
account there, I wonder how much I have, or if my account is still
active..... My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+ $
Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++

--
"Windows XP crashes about 3 times a day..... If my computer's on, the
number rises exponentially." -- Flame Stryke

v_dragon

Dec 10, 2006, 2:27:01 PM12/10/06

Yeah it's an interesting adventure if you know nothing (like me) about
this type of constructing of polys and such.
I don't see the need for land right now. I am just exploring myself
and chatting and such...mostly looking around and getting ideas.

found a few tutorials on youtube.
i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
something more anthro.

I need to set myself a reasonable budget or i'll spend too much :o
and I need to save up for a new computer mine is terrible out of date.

--
Vincent

DC2.D Gm L W- T- Phwalt Skh Cta,bta+ Bco/fl A Fr++ Nn
M O H--- Fo R+++! Ac+ J+ S? I---# V? Q? Tc++[Technition] E+
www.vincentthedragon.com/bio/me_the_dragon.html

Visit my Blog/Lair @ www.vincentthedragon.com

Updated twice weekly

v_dr...@bellsouth.net
Yahoo IM vincent_the_dragon
SeconLife VincentTheDragon Wei
Up the Irons!
---------------------------

Al Phi

Dec 11, 2006, 12:54:11 AM12/11/06
Lord Flame Stryke wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2006, Al Phi was found to have scratched this message on a rock
> in alt.fan.dragons:
>
> > I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
> > they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
> > in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.
>
> I suppose I should check my account..... I left almost L$1000 in my bank
> account there, I wonder how much I have, or if my account is still
> active..... My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.

I've got L$1045 too. From money trees, filling out "surveys", etc. I
haven't found an avatar I really like, I'm switching between a black
winged wolf and an angel dragon (which has huge wings and massive
emits)

--
Al Phi

Al Phi

Dec 11, 2006, 12:53:07 PM12/11/06
v_dragon wrote:
> On 10 Dec 2006 09:27:03 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah it's an interesting adventure if you know nothing (like me) about
> this type of constructing of polys and such.

Yep. First time I really had fun with 3d building. Maybe this will
help me understand Blender and game scripting.

> I don't see the need for land right now. I am just exploring myself
> and chatting and such...mostly looking around and getting ideas.

Basically all I'm doing. I haven't bought anything yet, since I am
still collecting freebies. And if you ever do decide to buy land,
learn how to code slots.

> found a few tutorials on youtube.
> i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
> inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
> Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
> something more anthro.

Most of them do seem to be huge, expensive, and quadruped. I actually
prefer quadruped to humanoid where it fits, but humanoid will do nicely
in a squeeze.

> I need to set myself a reasonable budget or i'll spend too much :o
> and I need to save up for a new computer mine is terrible out of date.

Just don't spend any money unless it is an absolute deal. Caveat
emptor: most stuff in SL looks like a really good deal.

I've gotten a little bit better at actual scripting myself. I learned
about the different channels, which you can use to make anything from
walkie talkies to a firebreath controller. Maybe even a shapeshifting
set of "clothing". I'll settle with something a bit more modest
first.. start building a "Wizard's wand" (a debugging tool you don't
actually finish working on)

--
Al Phi

Dreamseeker

Dec 11, 2006, 1:46:22 PM12/11/06

I made an account there, but I'm not really interested in playing much
unless I can actually make my avatar look like a dragon, and I don't
know how.

--
Dreamseeker

Bearer of one Ponder Point

DC2.D~ Gf L12f15t30w W- T Phfltvw Sks,wh Cau Bzz A- Fr- Na Mr---Mv-
H++ $ F+Fo R+++ Ac+ J++ S++ U- I V+[weather magic] Q+[empathy] Tc E++
(\__/)
( O.o)
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his
way to world domination.

jrr...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2006, 4:25:32 PM12/11/06
Now that we are on topic who else from here is on Second Life?

I think I will update my SL Dragons List. I have to check up with
Dafydd if there's new adds but who I have in my list at
seconddragons.blogspot.com is

* Centrifuge Xingjian
* Ceralor Akula
* Dafydd Perun
* Derako Carlos
* draco18s Magestic
* Dracodinas Unknown
* Flashdust Lamington
* Gelgisith Kivioq
* Gog Gremlin
* Helios Eusebio
* Isloetha Rothschild
* jrrdraco Oe
* Kaibo Bunnyhug
* Karnis Baphomet
* Killer Ingmann
* Luxatos Poindexter
* Malathar Xavier
* Nargus Asturias
* Ngarewyrd Darracq
* Odendo Brocco
* Psyra Extraordinaire
* Solanth Jetaime
* Tarra Drake
* Walksfar Murakami

jrr...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2006, 4:27:31 PM12/11/06
I remember seeing some post from you somewhere, welcome to SL Al Phi,
if you ever need help you can find people that can help at the Isle of
Wyrms and the kin, you can also ask questions to me jrrdraco oe at the
Help Island.

Draco18s

Dec 11, 2006, 4:36:06 PM12/11/06
In article <0anon2dv640n2nkl6...@4ax.com>,
v_dr...@bellsouth.net says...

> On 10 Dec 2006 09:27:03 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Yeah.. I'm still trying to learn building. Though it doesn't help a
> >whole lot if I can't afford land or anything. 'cept for avatar building
> >that is.
>
> Yeah it's an interesting adventure if you know nothing (like me) about
> this type of constructing of polys and such.

It's a gimped form of constructive solid geometry.

> found a few tutorials on youtube.
> i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
> inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
> Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
> something more anthro.

There are anthro dragon avatars out there, in fact, more than quad. They are
also cheaper, L$900 to L$1200.

Draco18s

Dec 11, 2006, 4:37:27 PM12/11/06
In article <1165739761.9...@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
bjbd...@gmail.com says...

> I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
> they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
> in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.

There IS a linux client. Albeit, not as complete (it only recently got a
working crash reporter and I think its still missing sound).

Welcome to your Second Life. }:=3)

Draco18s--who can be found, quite easily, without clues.

Draco18s

Dec 11, 2006, 4:38:17 PM12/11/06
In article <Xns98957D3587...@64.59.135.159>, Flame...@gmail.com
says...

> On 10 Dec 2006, Al Phi was found to have scratched this message on a rock
> in alt.fan.dragons:
>
> > I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
> > they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
> > in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.
>
> I suppose I should check my account..... I left almost L$1000 in my bank
> account there, I wonder how much I have, or if my account is still
> active..... My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.

Your account is never deleted. Either your SL account or your Ginko account.

v_dragon

Dec 11, 2006, 6:22:13 PM12/11/06
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:36:06 -0800, Draco18s
<draco18s2_NO_@_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote:

>There are anthro dragon avatars out there, in fact, more than quad. They are
>also cheaper, L$900 to L$1200.

got any stor names or landmarks..its a big world.
I have found a few but they did not fit the style of /me/

v_dragon

Dec 11, 2006, 6:27:36 PM12/11/06
On 11 Dec 2006 09:53:07 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I've gotten a little bit better at actual scripting myself. I learned
>about the different channels, which you can use to make anything from
>walkie talkies to a firebreath controller. Maybe even a shapeshifting
>set of "clothing". I'll settle with something a bit more modest
>first.. start building a "Wizard's wand" (a debugging tool you don't
>actually finish working on)

I'm not quite ready for scripting yet, but i will be when i find the
right look for me. I would be curious to know if you found any useful
knowledge resources or tutorials for scripting

Marrock

Dec 11, 2006, 7:32:16 PM12/11/06

I'll stick with Furcadia, seen SL and there's nothing much there I cared
for.

--
Good journeys,
Marrock Volsung

Bearer of two Ponder Points

"Fly with me," said the dragon, "live in the depths of the waters and
soar through the sky.
We are not toys for mortals, but spirits that ride the winds and blow
the clouds along." --Lu Kuei Meng

DC2.Dw Gm L42f W T25,000l Phvwalt Sks,wl
Cbk\gr-^,fgr--,ebk%,vgr--^>bk^,sgr-^,bgr--^&1bk^,wbk@gr-,cag^ Bac A++ Nm
O H $+ R+++! Ac+++ J S+++! U I++ V-- Q+++! Tc+ E---!#

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 11, 2006, 10:15:05 PM12/11/06
On 10 Dec 2006, Al Phi was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>> > I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It
>> > seems they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I
>> > just tossed in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run
>> > under Wine.
>> I suppose I should check my account..... I left almost L$1000 in my
>> bank account there, I wonder how much I have, or if my account is
>> still active..... My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.

It was still active, strangely enough.....

> I've got L$1045 too. From money trees, filling out "surveys", etc. I
> haven't found an avatar I really like, I'm switching between a black
> winged wolf and an angel dragon (which has huge wings and massive
> emits)

Draco18s was kind enough to gift me with some money to buy an avatar. I'm
now an (almost) black dragon. I can smoke from nostrils (and the smoke
doesn't follow the nostril, like some do, once emitted it floats up and
dissipates from its starting location) and I can breathe fire, and I can
roar. Also, the wings extend when I fly and retract when I land.

It's a little odd, though, when I lie down on something, and my wings and
tail pass right through it.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger." -- Llewellyn

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 11, 2006, 10:15:44 PM12/11/06
On 11 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>> > I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It
>> > seems they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I
>> > just tossed in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run
>> > under Wine.
>> I suppose I should check my account..... I left almost L$1000 in my
>> bank account there, I wonder how much I have, or if my account is
>> still active..... My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.
> Your account is never deleted. Either your SL account or your Ginko
> account.

I think the Ginko account wasn't gaining interest for a bit, though, as I
should have had more in there from interest than I did.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"The beauty of a pun is in the "Oy!" of the beholder." -- Herd Thinners

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 11, 2006, 10:18:18 PM12/11/06
On 10 Dec 2006, v_dragon was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> found a few tutorials on youtube.

> i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
> inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
> Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
> something more anthro.

Talk to Draco18s online, if you can find him. Mine cost between L$2000 and
L$3000, I think, and it's biped.

> I need to set myself a reasonable budget or i'll spend too much :o
> and I need to save up for a new computer mine is terrible out of date.

I'm just using the free stuff. Find a Ginko ATM and open an account, then
even if you've registered too late for the free allowance, you'll still get
some money from interest. The interest rate is really low right now,
though. It's at about 1% or so.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"The smallest interval of time known to man is that which occurs in
Manhattan between the traffic signal turning green and the taxi driver
behind you blowing his horn." -- Johnny Carson

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 11, 2006, 10:20:25 PM12/11/06
On 11 Dec 2006, Al Phi was found to have scratched this message on a rock
in alt.fan.dragons:

>> I don't see the need for land right now. I am just exploring myself

>> and chatting and such...mostly looking around and getting ideas.

D'oh!! I forgot to add this part in..... In the West side of St. Martin,
there's a pool and a waterslide (that you can actually ride) as well as
places to float. It's really well done, with flowing water, and the like.
And if you go into Mouselook while on the slide, it's even more fun };=8Ş

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"I'll just sit here and explode than, shall I?" -- John Cleese, Pluto Nash

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 11, 2006, 10:22:00 PM12/11/06
On 11 Dec 2006, Dreamseeker was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>> I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems

>> they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
>> in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.

> I made an account there, but I'm not really interested in playing much
> unless I can actually make my avatar look like a dragon, and I don't
> know how.

I had the same problem. But I now have one, thanks to Draco18s. It's not
perfect, but it's better than nothing, and it is closer than my human host.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one
instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program
can be reduced to one instruction which doesn't work." -- Herd Thinners

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 11, 2006, 10:23:13 PM12/11/06
On 11 Dec 2006, jrr...@gmail.com was found to have scratched this
message on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> Now that we are on topic who else from here is on Second Life?

FlameStryke Shackle.

I guess I could have more than 2 friends..... I currently have only
Draco18s and Nargus.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"It appears to be a robotic arm." -- Data "How astute." -- Warf --
Star Trek: Nemesis

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 11, 2006, 10:24:28 PM12/11/06
On 11 Dec 2006, jrr...@gmail.com was found to have scratched this message
on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> I remember seeing some post from you somewhere, welcome to SL Al Phi,

> if you ever need help you can find people that can help at the Isle of
> Wyrms and the kin, you can also ask questions to me jrrdraco oe at the
> Help Island.

Only if you haven't left Help Island. Draco18s sent me a landmark that I
jumped to before I explored everywhere on Help Island, and now I can't go
back }:=8{

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"I can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. You decide." -- Flame
Stryke

Draco18s

Dec 12, 2006, 10:56:55 AM12/12/06
In article <i4qrn2hk6dvrc116o...@4ax.com>,
v_dr...@bellsouth.net says...

> On 11 Dec 2006 09:53:07 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >I've gotten a little bit better at actual scripting myself. I learned
> >about the different channels, which you can use to make anything from
> >walkie talkies to a firebreath controller. Maybe even a shapeshifting
> >set of "clothing". I'll settle with something a bit more modest
> >first.. start building a "Wizard's wand" (a debugging tool you don't
> >actually finish working on)
>
> I'm not quite ready for scripting yet, but i will be when i find the
> right look for me. I would be curious to know if you found any useful
> knowledge resources or tutorials for scripting

How's the official wiki?
http://secondlife.com/badgeo/wakka.php?wakka=LSL
Number 2 on a google search for LSL. Or it would be if it wasn't down.
Mirror hosted here:
http://rpgstats.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Draco18s

Dec 12, 2006, 11:01:06 AM12/12/06
In article <1165859587.7...@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
bjbd...@gmail.com says...

> v_dragon wrote:
> > On 10 Dec 2006 09:27:03 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yeah it's an interesting adventure if you know nothing (like me) about
> > this type of constructing of polys and such.
>
> Yep. First time I really had fun with 3d building. Maybe this will
> help me understand Blender and game scripting.

Actually, it probably will.

> > I don't see the need for land right now. I am just exploring myself
> > and chatting and such...mostly looking around and getting ideas.
>
> Basically all I'm doing. I haven't bought anything yet, since I am
> still collecting freebies. And if you ever do decide to buy land,
> learn how to code slots.

I did that without buying the land. }:=3)~

> > found a few tutorials on youtube.
> > i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
> > inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
> > Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
> > something more anthro.
>
> Most of them do seem to be huge, expensive, and quadruped. I actually
> prefer quadruped to humanoid where it fits, but humanoid will do nicely
> in a squeeze.

The quads are HUGE (and a lag-causer too). The wyrmling one I have is a good
15 feet long (not including the tail) and 10 feet high with a nice 20 foot or
so wingspan. The wyrm is probably one and a half to two times bigger.

> > I need to set myself a reasonable budget or i'll spend too much :o
> > and I need to save up for a new computer mine is terrible out of date.
>
> Just don't spend any money unless it is an absolute deal. Caveat
> emptor: most stuff in SL looks like a really good deal.

Indeed. The huge dragon avatar (above) is only $10 or $12.

> I've gotten a little bit better at actual scripting myself. I learned
> about the different channels, which you can use to make anything from
> walkie talkies to a firebreath controller. Maybe even a shapeshifting
> set of "clothing". I'll settle with something a bit more modest
> first.. start building a "Wizard's wand" (a debugging tool you don't
> actually finish working on)

Clothing can't be altered by scripting, sadly. And to do the same thing with
prims would be lag inducing, not to mention when you tell it to change it'd
take a whole second for everything to catch up, as each prim does its changes
instantly, but not in tandem.

Draco18s

Dec 12, 2006, 11:02:13 AM12/12/06
In article <vuprn29kmo0r4v388...@4ax.com>,
v_dr...@bellsouth.net says...

> On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:36:06 -0800, Draco18s
> <draco18s2_NO_@_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >There are anthro dragon avatars out there, in fact, more than quad. They are
> >also cheaper, L$900 to L$1200.
>
> got any stor names or landmarks..its a big world.
> I have found a few but they did not fit the style of /me/

Uh....Fox Valley's little mall area has one, I think. There's also some at
ExtroVirtual Island, I believe.

Draco18s

Dec 12, 2006, 11:04:34 AM12/12/06
In article <Xns9896CE8E71...@64.59.135.159>, Flame...@gmail.com
says...

> On 10 Dec 2006, v_dragon was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
> > found a few tutorials on youtube.
> > i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
> > inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
> > Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
> > something more anthro.
>
> Talk to Draco18s online, if you can find him. Mine cost between L$2000 and
> L$3000, I think, and it's biped.

I think that was ExtroVirtual Island.

> > I need to set myself a reasonable budget or i'll spend too much :o
> > and I need to save up for a new computer mine is terrible out of date.
>
> I'm just using the free stuff. Find a Ginko ATM and open an account, then
> even if you've registered too late for the free allowance, you'll still get
> some money from interest. The interest rate is really low right now,
> though. It's at about 1% or so.....

0.1% daily. It's about 3 to 4% a month. It's been as high as 0.14% which is
about 4.5% a month.

Draco18s

Dec 12, 2006, 11:06:14 AM12/12/06
In article <Xns9896CE02B7...@64.59.135.159>, Flame...@gmail.com
says...

> On 10 Dec 2006, Al Phi was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> >> I suppose I should check my account..... I left almost L$1000 in my
> >> bank account there, I wonder how much I have, or if my account is
> >> still active..... My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.
>
> It was still active, strangely enough.....
>
> > I've got L$1045 too. From money trees, filling out "surveys", etc. I
> > haven't found an avatar I really like, I'm switching between a black
> > winged wolf and an angel dragon (which has huge wings and massive
> > emits)
>
> Draco18s was kind enough to gift me with some money to buy an avatar. I'm
> now an (almost) black dragon. I can smoke from nostrils (and the smoke
> doesn't follow the nostril, like some do, once emitted it floats up and
> dissipates from its starting location) and I can breathe fire, and I can
> roar. Also, the wings extend when I fly and retract when I land.
>
> It's a little odd, though, when I lie down on something, and my wings and
> tail pass right through it.....

Only because attachment prims are phantom. Just think of the physics errors
the engine would throw because someone's tail is inside the chair!
(And besides, animations can make you do all kinds of weird things.)

Draco18s

Dec 12, 2006, 11:06:47 AM12/12/06
In article <Xns9896CE1F49...@64.59.135.159>, Flame...@gmail.com
says...

> On 11 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> >> I suppose I should check my account..... I left almost L$1000 in my
> >> bank account there, I wonder how much I have, or if my account is
> >> still active..... My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.
> > Your account is never deleted. Either your SL account or your Ginko
> > account.
>
> I think the Ginko account wasn't gaining interest for a bit, though, as I
> should have had more in there from interest than I did.....

You can check the website, www.ginkofinancial.com

Draco18s

Dec 12, 2006, 11:09:38 AM12/12/06
In article <KNmfh.50$AI6...@newsfe08.lga>, Marrock...@optonline.net
says...

> Al Phi wrote:
> > I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
> > they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
> > in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.
> >
> > --
> > Al Phi
> >

> I'll stick with Furcadia, seen SL and there's nothing much there I cared
> for.

And in fucadia, I have to pay real monies to be a dragon. 9..9 And not the
piddling amounts it takes to be one in Second Life (as noted in an previous
post, it takes US$12 or so to buy the huge dragon avatar /for life/).

Al Phi

Dec 12, 2006, 1:06:56 PM12/12/06
Lord Flame Stryke wrote:
> On 11 Dec 2006, jrr...@gmail.com was found to have scratched this message
> on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
> > I remember seeing some post from you somewhere, welcome to SL Al Phi,
> > if you ever need help you can find people that can help at the Isle of
> > Wyrms and the kin, you can also ask questions to me jrrdraco oe at the
> > Help Island.
>
> Only if you haven't left Help Island. Draco18s sent me a landmark that I
> jumped to before I explored everywhere on Help Island, and now I can't go
> back }:=8{

I had the same problem, I thought I would be able to return to Help
Island with a landmark.

Anyone that's interested in building stuff should go to the Ivory Tower
of Primitives (just search Ivory Tower). There's quite a lot of
interesting stuff there.

--
Al Phi

Al Phi

Dec 12, 2006, 1:13:02 PM12/12/06
Draco18s wrote:
> Clothing can't be altered by scripting, sadly. And to do the same thing with
> prims would be lag inducing, not to mention when you tell it to change it'd
> take a whole second for everything to catch up, as each prim does its changes
> instantly, but not in tandem.

I just learned that, by reading the kitsune tail's scripts. Extremely
complex for some simple swishing motion. But color change is a little
simpler.

--
Al Phi

Al Phi

Dec 12, 2006, 1:18:59 PM12/12/06
Draco18s wrote:
> And in fucadia, I have to pay real monies to be a dragon. 9..9 And not the
> piddling amounts it takes to be one in Second Life (as noted in an previous
> post, it takes US$12 or so to buy the huge dragon avatar /for life/).

And AFAIK, the avatar in furcadia is a lot less customizable.

--
Al Phi

Marrock

Dec 12, 2006, 2:24:23 PM12/12/06

In Furcadia you can create patches that would let you be anything you
want, one place I visit has a decent quadrupedal dragon avatar as part
of it's patch.

Marrock

Dec 12, 2006, 2:25:55 PM12/12/06

Currently you're limited to a 256 color palette, but with the upcoming
update that is being expanded to 32-bit color, allowing for greatly
improved customization.

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 12, 2006, 10:15:46 PM12/12/06
On 12 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>> It's a little odd, though, when I lie down on something, and my wings

>> and tail pass right through it.....
> Only because attachment prims are phantom. Just think of the physics
> errors the engine would throw because someone's tail is inside the
> chair! (And besides, animations can make you do all kinds of weird
> things.)

Yes, but it's still nice to see..... Now, if only I had a holodeck where I
could cover myself in my avatar, even if it was just to look in the mirror
or take a picture or something.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #10: SIMPLE SIMPLE is an acronym
for Sheer Idiot's Monopurpose Programming Language Environment. This
language, developed at the Hanover College for Technological Misfits, was
designed to make it impossible to write code with errors in it. The
statements are, therefore, confined to BEGIN, END and STOP. No matter how
you arrange the statements, you can't make a syntax error. Programs written
in SIMPLE do nothing useful. Thus they achieve the results of programs
written in other languages without the tedious, frustrating process of
testing and debugging. -- Herd Thinners

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 12, 2006, 10:16:17 PM12/12/06
On 12 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>> > Your account is never deleted. Either your SL account or your

>> > Ginko account.
>> I think the Ginko account wasn't gaining interest for a bit, though,
>> as I should have had more in there from interest than I did.....
> You can check the website, www.ginkofinancial.com

I'm not that worried. Perhaps I was mistaken.....

Lord Flame Stryke

[...]

Draco18s

Dec 13, 2006, 8:27:48 PM12/13/06
In article <1165947182....@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
bjbd...@gmail.com says...

Color, yes. As long as you aren't changing the actual texture it'll look ok
(when it changes texture it turns grey until your client downloads it, for
someone else, they'll see grey until their client downloads it).

Draco18s

Dec 13, 2006, 8:28:40 PM12/13/06
In article <Xns9897CE2186...@64.59.135.159>, Flame...@gmail.com
says...

> On 12 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
> >> It's a little odd, though, when I lie down on something, and my wings
> >> and tail pass right through it.....
> > Only because attachment prims are phantom. Just think of the physics
> > errors the engine would throw because someone's tail is inside the
> > chair! (And besides, animations can make you do all kinds of weird
> > things.)
>
> Yes, but it's still nice to see..... Now, if only I had a holodeck where I
> could cover myself in my avatar, even if it was just to look in the mirror
> or take a picture or something.....

That would be cool.
One thing I want to try sometime is that kind of picture that you can take
that shows your aura (supposedly). I wonder if wings would show...

Draco18s

Dec 13, 2006, 8:29:30 PM12/13/06
In article <Xns9897CE37FE...@64.59.135.159>, Flame...@gmail.com
says...

> On 12 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> >> I think the Ginko account wasn't gaining interest for a bit, though,
> >> as I should have had more in there from interest than I did.....
> > You can check the website, www.ginkofinancial.com
>
> I'm not that worried. Perhaps I was mistaken.....

Maybe. It was probably the fluctuations in interest rate. I've been keeping
mediocre track with an excel spreadsheet.

Draco18s

Dec 13, 2006, 8:30:30 PM12/13/06
In article <1165946816.8...@73g2000cwn.googlegroups.com>,
bjbd...@gmail.com says...

> Lord Flame Stryke wrote:
> > On 11 Dec 2006, jrr...@gmail.com was found to have scratched this message
> > on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:
> >
> > > I remember seeing some post from you somewhere, welcome to SL Al Phi,
> > > if you ever need help you can find people that can help at the Isle of
> > > Wyrms and the kin, you can also ask questions to me jrrdraco oe at the
> > > Help Island.
> >
> > Only if you haven't left Help Island. Draco18s sent me a landmark that I
> > jumped to before I explored everywhere on Help Island, and now I can't go
> > back }:=8{
>
> I had the same problem, I thought I would be able to return to Help
> Island with a landmark.

Oddly you can get a landmark for help island AT help island, but once you
leave it doesn't work. }X=3D

Draco18s

Dec 13, 2006, 8:31:41 PM12/13/06
In article <IlDfh.24$Mv1...@newsfe11.lga>, Marrock...@optonline.net
says...

> Draco18s wrote:
> > In article <KNmfh.50$AI6...@newsfe08.lga>, Marrock...@optonline.net
> > says...

> >> I'll stick with Furcadia, seen SL and there's nothing much there I cared
> >> for.
> >
> > And in fucadia, I have to pay real monies to be a dragon. 9..9 And not the
> > piddling amounts it takes to be one in Second Life (as noted in an previous
> > post, it takes US$12 or so to buy the huge dragon avatar /for life/).
>
> In Furcadia you can create patches that would let you be anything you
> want, one place I visit has a decent quadrupedal dragon avatar as part
> of it's patch.

Yes, but you're only what you want to be in your area. If you want to be a
dragon EVERYWHERE it costs lots of moolah.

Draco18s

Dec 13, 2006, 8:33:21 PM12/13/06
In article <8nDfh.25$Mv1...@newsfe11.lga>, Marrock...@optonline.net
says...

> Al Phi wrote:
> > Draco18s wrote:
> >> And in fucadia, I have to pay real monies to be a dragon. 9..9 And not the
> >> piddling amounts it takes to be one in Second Life (as noted in an previous
> >> post, it takes US$12 or so to buy the huge dragon avatar /for life/).
> >
> > And AFAIK, the avatar in furcadia is a lot less customizable.
> Currently you're limited to a 256 color palette, but with the upcoming
> update that is being expanded to 32-bit color, allowing for greatly
> improved customization.

Still, it's not that great. The way it is right now it has color swatches.
Parts of the av are a particular color and all you can do is change the color,
not the shape. What if I don't want those silly lines/stripes/whatever they
are on the wings? I'm SOL because I can't change that, all I can do is make
them the same color.
Bleck.

v_dragon

Dec 13, 2006, 8:57:10 PM12/13/06
On 12 Dec 2006 10:06:56 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone that's interested in building stuff should go to the Ivory Tower
>of Primitives (just search Ivory Tower). There's quite a lot of
>interesting stuff there.

How did i not find that place in the first place?
Oh, i know. you have just uncovered Vincents major character flaw. he
never reads the directions, he just takes things apart until he
figures out how they work. I don't know why i do that...

bought a PHP scripting book, read the first chapter then just started
dissembling various codes until i figured out stuff...

It makes me a good service technician, but bad at learning stuff
sometimes.

Ah well, thus is life.
I went to Ivory, going back as soon as i fire this thing off. Thanks
for the heads up on that place. I think i am going to print out all
the note cards and keep them close when i start fiddling with stuff.
:)

--
Vincent

DC2.D Gm L W- T- Phwalt Skh Cta,bta+ Bco/fl A Fr++ Nn
M O H--- Fo R+++! Ac+ J+ S? I---# V? Q? Tc++[Technition] E+
www.vincentthedragon.com/bio/me_the_dragon.html

Visit my Blog/Lair @ www.vincentthedragon.com
Updated twice weekly
v_dr...@bellsouth.net
Yahoo IM vincent_the_dragon
SeconLife VincentTheDragon Wei
Up the Irons!
---------------------------
Duke of Dutch Ovens [DoDo]
(currently offline)dutchovenfaq.htm
<'cause few know what a dutch oven is>
Priest in charge of the pastries
---------------------------
"The tears of a Dragon,
For you and for me."
-Bruce Dickinson

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 13, 2006, 9:30:15 PM12/13/06
On 13 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>> Yes, but it's still nice to see..... Now, if only I had a holodeck

>> where I could cover myself in my avatar, even if it was just to look
>> in the mirror or take a picture or something.....
> That would be cool.
> One thing I want to try sometime is that kind of picture that you can
> take that shows your aura (supposedly). I wonder if wings would
> show...

Never heard of that. That would be cool..... A sure way to show those
semi-believers that I'm telling the truth. Of course, the non-believers
will never believe anyway, whatever proof you give them.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

Newton's Law of Gravitation: What goes up must come down. But don't expect
it to come down where you can find it. Murphy's Law applies to Newton's.
-- Herd Thinners

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 13, 2006, 9:31:14 PM12/13/06
On 13 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>> > Only if you haven't left Help Island. Draco18s sent me a landmark

>> > that I jumped to before I explored everywhere on Help Island, and
>> > now I can't go back }:=8{
>> I had the same problem, I thought I would be able to return to Help
>> Island with a landmark.
> Oddly you can get a landmark for help island AT help island, but once
> you leave it doesn't work. }X=3D

I know. Sad, really. Although, I guess them showing you how to use
landmarks while still on Help Island is somewhat useful.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"Sense is not cognition but sensation." -- Douglas Robinson

Marrock

Dec 13, 2006, 10:37:11 PM12/13/06

That's just it, when they do the planned update you'll be able to
customize the avatar like never before.

If you tried it a long time ago you should come back again, the update
in due in the next few months and the previews look really good.

Marrock

Dec 13, 2006, 10:40:43 PM12/13/06

The point of the game is imagination, buying the avatars, while not
required, helps support the game, all you need do is put what you are in
your description, you don't really *need* the avatar...

zilladon

Dec 13, 2006, 11:47:03 PM12/13/06

On Dec 10, 12:36 am, "Al Phi" <bjbdra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
> they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
> in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.

>Oh, no! I have recently been sucked into that place as well.

>Yeah, I'm Drake Gemini on there, but I don't think I'll be too active,
especially since in order to do anything big, you gotta purchase L$
(Linden Dollars) for land and whatnot...

>My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.

>I made an account there

>you can also ask questions to me jrrdraco oe

0_o everyone's playin' second life.

Draco18s

Dec 14, 2006, 12:30:47 AM12/14/06
In article <Xns9898C66A44...@64.59.135.159>, Flame...@gmail.com
says...

> On 13 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
> >> Yes, but it's still nice to see..... Now, if only I had a holodeck
> >> where I could cover myself in my avatar, even if it was just to look
> >> in the mirror or take a picture or something.....
> > That would be cool.
> > One thing I want to try sometime is that kind of picture that you can
> > take that shows your aura (supposedly). I wonder if wings would
> > show...
>
> Never heard of that. That would be cool..... A sure way to show those
> semi-believers that I'm telling the truth. Of course, the non-believers
> will never believe anyway, whatever proof you give them.....

True. I'll try and remember what the heck they're called.

Draco18s

Dec 14, 2006, 12:31:58 AM12/14/06
In article <lG3gh.411$6p1...@newsfe10.lga>, Marrock...@optonline.net
says...

> Draco18s wrote:
> > In article <8nDfh.25$Mv1...@newsfe11.lga>, Marrock...@optonline.net
> > says...
> >> Currently you're limited to a 256 color palette, but with the upcoming
> >> update that is being expanded to 32-bit color, allowing for greatly
> >> improved customization.
> >
> > Still, it's not that great. The way it is right now it has color swatches.
> > Parts of the av are a particular color and all you can do is change the color,
> > not the shape. What if I don't want those silly lines/stripes/whatever they
> > are on the wings? I'm SOL because I can't change that, all I can do is make
> > them the same color.
> > Bleck.
>
> That's just it, when they do the planned update you'll be able to
> customize the avatar like never before.
>
> If you tried it a long time ago you should come back again, the update
> in due in the next few months and the previews look really good.

I never logged in. I stopped at the character creation screen because I
couldn't be anything that REMOTELY had scales.

Draco18s

Dec 14, 2006, 12:32:28 AM12/14/06
In article <FJ3gh.413$6p1...@newsfe10.lga>, Marrock...@optonline.net

I am dragon. I am vain.

Draconian Sage

Dec 14, 2006, 6:50:08 AM12/14/06

On Dec 13, 8:31 pm, Draco18s <draco18s2_NO_@_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote:
> In article <IlDfh.24$Mv1...@newsfe11.lga>, MarrockVols...@optonline.net
> says...
>

> > Draco18s wrote:
> > > In article <KNmfh.50$AI6...@newsfe08.lga>, MarrockVols...@optonline.net

> > > says...

> > > And in fucadia, I have to pay real monies to be a dragon. 9..9 And not the
> > > piddling amounts it takes to be one in Second Life (as noted in an previous
> > > post, it takes US$12 or so to buy the huge dragon avatar /for life/).
>
> > In Furcadia you can create patches that would let you be anything you
> > want, one place I visit has a decent quadrupedal dragon avatar as part

> > of it's patch.Yes, but you're only what you want to be in your area. If you want to be a

> dragon EVERYWHERE it costs lots of moolah.

Yeah, $300+ if you wanna be a dragon for life
http://www.furcadia.com/digomarket (I believe that's right)

Marrock

Dec 14, 2006, 8:27:00 AM12/14/06

Hardly everyone, I wouldn't be caught dead there...

Zarris

Dec 14, 2006, 8:55:11 AM12/14/06

shows me that its only $199.95 for life... still way too much money for
a game like thing... though ill say their dragon faces are cute ^.-.^

--
Zarris

dragoncode: DC2.Dw Gm L- W T- Phvfwvl^t Sks Cbl+,bwh%,cbk,egy,vbk,wwh%
Bfl A- Fr++ Nm M- O H++ $+++ Fo-- R+++ Ac++ J+ S-- U-- I V-- Q Tc++[ntwk] E

journal: http://zarris.livejournal.com/profile

Gelgisith

Dec 17, 2006, 3:19:08 AM12/17/06
On 14 December 12006, Draco18s <draco18s2_NO_@_SPAM_hotmail.com>
scrawled the following message across the Holy Marbles. Upon discovering
this gruesome sacrilege, the priests screeched, "We have lost our
Marbles!"

> Flame...@gmail.com says...
>> On 13 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message:

>>> That would be cool.
>>> One thing I want to try sometime is that kind of picture that you can
>>> take that shows your aura (supposedly). I wonder if wings would
>>> show...
>> Never heard of that. That would be cool..... A sure way to show those
>> semi-believers that I'm telling the truth. Of course, the non-believers
>> will never believe anyway, whatever proof you give them.....

> True. I'll try and remember what the heck they're called.

Kirlian photography, i think...

Jan Dijkman (Gelgisith's human alter ego) 61% Dragon, 40% weird

"I wish that I could fly, Into the sky, So very high...
Like a Dragonfly" Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Gelgisith

Dec 17, 2006, 3:21:44 AM12/17/06
On 14 December 12006, Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> scrawled

the following message across the Holy Marbles. Upon discovering this
gruesome sacrilege, the priests screeched, "We have lost our Marbles!"

> On 13 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message [...]:

>>> I had the same problem, I thought I would be able to return to Help
>>> Island with a landmark.
>> Oddly you can get a landmark for help island AT help island, but once
>> you leave it doesn't work. }X=3D

> I know. Sad, really. Although, I guess them showing you how to use
> landmarks while still on Help Island is somewhat useful.....

There's a copy of both the Orientation Island and the Help Island in
game, a few sims north of Pooley, iirc...

Gelgisith

Dec 17, 2006, 3:21:43 AM12/17/06
On Sunday, 10 December 12006, v_dragon <v_dr...@bellsouth.net> scrawled

the following message across the Holy Marbles. Upon discovering this
gruesome sacrilege, the priests screeched, "We have lost our Marbles!"

> On 10 Dec 2006 09:27:03 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> v_dragon wrote:

>>> Oh, no! I have recently been sucked into that place as well. :)
>>> I may come and find you out, I am VincentTheDragon Wei.
>> Yeah.. I'm still trying to learn building. Though it doesn't help a
>> whole lot if I can't afford land or anything. 'cept for avatar building
>> that is.

You don't need to own land to build. You can use sandboxes to build your
stuff temporarily (which you'll be doing a lot in the beginning,
anyway), or you can rent land from owners if you want to build more
permanently. Although, i'm told renting land is very expensive...

> Yeah it's an interesting adventure if you know nothing (like me) about
> this type of constructing of polys and such.
> I don't see the need for land right now. I am just exploring myself
> and chatting and such...mostly looking around and getting ideas.

> found a few tutorials on youtube.
> i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
> inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
> Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
> something more anthro.

I know a small freebie anthro dragon...

> I need to set myself a reasonable budget or i'll spend too much :o
> and I need to save up for a new computer mine is terrible out of date.

Mine is three years old, and showing sings of aging...

v_dragon

Dec 17, 2006, 10:47:14 AM12/17/06
On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 08:21:43 GMT, Gelgisith <jahadi...@wanadoo.nl>
wrote:

>> found a few tutorials on youtube.
>> i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
>> inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
>> Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
>> something more anthro.
>
>I know a small freebie anthro dragon...

Would not mind taking a look, looking for bits and pieces to assemble
AV i want.

>> I need to set myself a reasonable budget or i'll spend too much :o
>> and I need to save up for a new computer mine is terrible out of date.
>
>Mine is three years old, and showing sings of aging...

I broke down and ordered new computer stuff...
Core2duo E6300, 1Gig ddr2 6400, Asus p5N32SLI-SE_DLX, Geoforce
8800gts

:>

Arcaton

Dec 17, 2006, 3:16:12 PM12/17/06

"zilladon" <zill...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Not Arcaton Anvilbane isn't.....

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 19, 2006, 2:03:42 AM12/19/06
On 13 Dec 2006, Marrock was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>> Yes, but you're only what you want to be in your area. If you want

>> to be a dragon EVERYWHERE it costs lots of moolah.
> The point of the game is imagination, buying the avatars, while not
> required, helps support the game, all you need do is put what you are
> in your description, you don't really *need* the avatar...

No, but it's a much better system if you have it, IMNSHO.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

(1) Alexander the Great was a great general. (2) Great generals are
forewarned. (3) Forewarned is forearmed. (4) Four is an even number. (5)
Four is certainly an odd number of arms for a man to have. (6) The only
number that is both even and odd is infinity. Therefore, all horses are
black. -- Herd Thinners

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 19, 2006, 2:04:21 AM12/19/06
On 14 Dec 2006, Marrock was found to have scratched this message on a rock
in alt.fan.dragons:

>> 0_o everyone's playin' second life.

> Hardly everyone, I wouldn't be caught dead there...

No, but I am occasionally alive there.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"I have a map of the United States. It's actual size. I spent last summer
folding it. People ask me where I live, and I say, "E6"." -- Steven Wright

Marrock

Dec 19, 2006, 10:07:04 AM12/19/06
Lord Flame Stryke wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2006, Marrock was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
>>> Yes, but you're only what you want to be in your area. If you want
>>> to be a dragon EVERYWHERE it costs lots of moolah.
>> The point of the game is imagination, buying the avatars, while not
>> required, helps support the game, all you need do is put what you are
>> in your description, you don't really *need* the avatar...
>
> No, but it's a much better system if you have it, IMNSHO.

As you said, it's your opinion.

I've been playing Furcadia for over five years and I see no reason to
change now.

Raeadh`ani

Dec 19, 2006, 10:46:13 AM12/19/06
I've got a fairly decent anthro dragon avatar on SL.. though I can't
recall offhand who makes it. I'll check that out when I get home from
work tonight, I get a lot of compliments on it. And its been updated
since I got it almost a year ago. *shruggies*

My mate is hoping for someone that makes better wolf avatars.. he
doesnt like the feet on the ones at werehouse, and the rest look way
too cartoonish. I think he's just being picky, myself. Anyone have any
suggestions for wolfish avatars?

Raeadh`ani

Who has WAY too many characters on SL
Keshadei Naumova
Larana Callisto
Rendhana Harford
Kasiniia Syaka

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 19, 2006, 8:43:22 PM12/19/06
On 19 Dec 2006, Marrock was found to have scratched this message on a rock
in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> The point of the game is imagination, buying the avatars, while not

>>> required, helps support the game, all you need do is put what you are
>>> in your description, you don't really *need* the avatar...
>> No, but it's a much better system if you have it, IMNSHO.
> As you said, it's your opinion.
> I've been playing Furcadia for over five years and I see no reason to
> change now.

I think I tried it once, too, since someone said you could have dragon
avatars, then quit since it costs money to do that.

Maybe I'm being too critical, but if I can't portray myself accurately (or
at least, closer than human) then I don't get the same feel out of it.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"Save yourself! Reboot in 5 seconds!" -- Herd Thinners

darkside

Dec 20, 2006, 12:41:43 AM12/20/06
As usual when an SL thread pops up, I'll throw out that I'm found there
as Darkside Eldrich.

--
darkside

DC2.Da G"two-spirit" L W-- T- Phvlwlt Sks,wl Cwl,pu B- A(rv+++)
Fr^++"pomegranate" Nw M+++! O H-- $ Fv R++ Ac~ J++ S- U I--# V+
Q+ Tc+++![sw] E++

Homepage: http://silenceisdefeat.org/~darkside
Email: darksidex3 at gmail dot com

v_dragon

Dec 20, 2006, 5:55:21 PM12/20/06
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:41:43 -0500, darkside
<dark...@no.spam.see.sig> wrote:

>As usual when an SL thread pops up, I'll throw out that I'm found there
>as Darkside Eldrich.

I really should try to find all yous dragons when i'm in there...

I like to hang out in Luskwood if anybody's looking for me. The search
thingy has been...unreliable lately

v_dragon

Dec 20, 2006, 5:57:02 PM12/20/06
On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:43:22 GMT, Lord Flame Stryke
<Flame...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 19 Dec 2006, Marrock was found to have scratched this message on a rock
>in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> No, but it's a much better system if you have it, IMNSHO.
>> As you said, it's your opinion.
>> I've been playing Furcadia for over five years and I see no reason to
>> change now.
>
>I think I tried it once, too, since someone said you could have dragon
>avatars, then quit since it costs money to do that.
>
>Maybe I'm being too critical, but if I can't portray myself accurately (or
>at least, closer than human) then I don't get the same feel out of it.....

Considering the AV I bought costs like $3 real money...its not that
expensive. and there are a ton of free bits and complete AV's out
there.

Draco18s

Dec 21, 2006, 1:50:21 AM12/21/06
In article <4585fb8a...@news.wanadoo.nl>, jahadi...@wanadoo.nl
says...

> On Sunday, 10 December 12006, v_dragon <v_dr...@bellsouth.net> scrawled
> the following message across the Holy Marbles. Upon discovering this
> gruesome sacrilege, the priests screeched, "We have lost our Marbles!"

> >> Yeah.. I'm still trying to learn building. Though it doesn't help a
> >> whole lot if I can't afford land or anything. 'cept for avatar building
> >> that is.
>
> You don't need to own land to build. You can use sandboxes to build your
> stuff temporarily (which you'll be doing a lot in the beginning,
> anyway), or you can rent land from owners if you want to build more
> permanently. Although, i'm told renting land is very expensive...

Can be, depends on who from and how much and what you plan to do with it.

> > Yeah it's an interesting adventure if you know nothing (like me) about
> > this type of constructing of polys and such.
> > I don't see the need for land right now. I am just exploring myself
> > and chatting and such...mostly looking around and getting ideas.
>
> > found a few tutorials on youtube.
> > i am working with one of the 'cheap' avatars but have found some
> > inexpensive things in SLBoutique that i may try out in a while.
> > Dragon AV's seem to mostly be big expensive and quadruped and i want
> > something more anthro.
>
> I know a small freebie anthro dragon...

Would it be the silver hatchling? I gave input durring its creation. It's
only free because the maker left SL (and has come back since).
'Tis a good one, I wander around in it most of the time.

Draco18s

Dec 21, 2006, 1:51:43 AM12/21/06
In article <4586fd32...@news.wanadoo.nl>, jahadi...@wanadoo.nl
says...

> On 14 December 12006, Draco18s <draco18s2_NO_@_SPAM_hotmail.com>
> scrawled the following message across the Holy Marbles. Upon discovering
> this gruesome sacrilege, the priests screeched, "We have lost our
> Marbles!"
>
> > Flame...@gmail.com says...
> >> On 13 Dec 2006, Draco18s was found to have scratched this message:

> >> Never heard of that. That would be cool..... A sure way to show those
> >> semi-believers that I'm telling the truth. Of course, the non-believers
> >> will never believe anyway, whatever proof you give them.....
>
> > True. I'll try and remember what the heck they're called.
>
> Kirlian photography, i think...

That's prolly it. Google came up with stuff on that that sounds right.

Draco18s

Dec 21, 2006, 1:52:55 AM12/21/06
In article <urfjo25dv9f6dclog...@4ax.com>,
v_dr...@bellsouth.net says...

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 01:43:22 GMT, Lord Flame Stryke
> <Flame...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On 19 Dec 2006, Marrock was found to have scratched this message on a rock
> >in alt.fan.dragons:

> >> As you said, it's your opinion.
> >> I've been playing Furcadia for over five years and I see no reason to
> >> change now.
> >
> >I think I tried it once, too, since someone said you could have dragon
> >avatars, then quit since it costs money to do that.
> >
> >Maybe I'm being too critical, but if I can't portray myself accurately (or
> >at least, closer than human) then I don't get the same feel out of it.....
> >
> Considering the AV I bought costs like $3 real money...its not that
> expensive. and there are a ton of free bits and complete AV's out
> there.

For Second Life, yes, not so much for FurCadia.

Pegasus

Dec 23, 2006, 11:07:36 PM12/23/06

"Marrock" <Marrock...@optonline.net> wrote in message

> zilladon wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 10, 12:36 am, "Al Phi" <bjbdra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It seems
>>> they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just tossed
>>> in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.
>>
>>> Oh, no! I have recently been sucked into that place as well.
>>
>>> Yeah, I'm Drake Gemini on there, but I don't think I'll be too active,
>> especially since in order to do anything big, you gotta purchase L$
>> (Linden Dollars) for land and whatnot...
>>
>>> My handle on there is FlameStryke Shackle.
>>
>>> I made an account there
>>
>>> you can also ask questions to me jrrdraco oe
>>
>> 0_o everyone's playin' second life.
>>

> Hardly everyone, I wouldn't be caught dead there...

*laughs* I'm not sure what this says about my general scope on things, but
until I came Here, I hadn't even heard of SL, let alone played it... and I
still don't have an account. Then again, I'm the sort of creature that
thumbs her nose up at all technology- it just plain hates me! Must have
negative ions or something...
Pegasus

Draco18s

Dec 24, 2006, 1:19:27 AM12/24/06
In article <458dfd06$0$29329$afc3...@news.optusnet.com.au>,
the_sa...@optusnet.com.au says...

> "Marrock" <Marrock...@optonline.net> wrote in message
> >> 0_o everyone's playin' second life.
> >>

> > Hardly everyone, I wouldn't be caught dead there...
>
> *laughs* I'm not sure what this says about my general scope on things, but
> until I came Here, I hadn't even heard of SL, let alone played it... and I
> still don't have an account. Then again, I'm the sort of creature that
> thumbs her nose up at all technology- it just plain hates me! Must have
> negative ions or something...
> Pegasus

You wouldn't be the only one. My mom has a friend who can't wear a digital
watch, or even a watch with BATTERIES because they get all mucked up.

Pegasus

Dec 25, 2006, 2:51:49 AM12/25/06

"Draco18s" <draco18s2_NO_@_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in message

Wow. *blinks* Well, I'm not that bad, come to think of it :) I just mess
with the minds of computers.
Pegasus

darkside

Dec 26, 2006, 8:57:58 PM12/26/06
"Pegasus" <the_sa...@optusnet.com.au> writes:

>> You wouldn't be the only one. My mom has a friend who can't wear a
>> digital
>> watch, or even a watch with BATTERIES because they get all mucked up.
>
> Wow. *blinks* Well, I'm not that bad, come to think of it :) I just mess
> with the minds of computers.

"messing with the minds of computers"... I like that. Ironically, it's
a good description of what us programmers do :)

Draco18s

Dec 27, 2006, 12:21:17 AM12/27/06
In article <877iwen...@no.spam.see.sig>, dark...@no.spam.see.sig says...

> "Pegasus" <the_sa...@optusnet.com.au> writes:
>
> >> You wouldn't be the only one. My mom has a friend who can't wear a
> >> digital
> >> watch, or even a watch with BATTERIES because they get all mucked up.
> >
> > Wow. *blinks* Well, I'm not that bad, come to think of it :) I just mess
> > with the minds of computers.
>
> "messing with the minds of computers"... I like that. Ironically, it's
> a good description of what us programmers do :)

And making them go insane is remakably easy!

Polenth

Jan 8, 2007, 8:22:03 PM1/8/07
"Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It
>seems
> they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just
> tossed
> in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.

Somewhat late into the discussion, I started a Second Life account
recently, so people are welcome to friend me (as Polenth Yue). I won't
have much play time in the next few months, but there's always a
chance of running into me.

I look at avatars slightly differently, as I'm not trying to portray
my true self or anything. If it looks cute, I'll have one. ;) I'm
mostly swimming around as a dolphin right now.

--
Polenth
DC2.D Gf Cpu B"alkali" Fr+++!"pitaya" M++ Pw'l

* The Dragon Stone *
http://www.polenth.com/

Al Phi

Jan 8, 2007, 11:51:08 PM1/8/07
Polenth wrote:
> "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I might be hanging around Second Life now, as Draconis Burns. It
> >seems
> > they don't require a bank/paypal/etc. info anymore, and I just
> > tossed
> > in all fake data. Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.
>
> Somewhat late into the discussion, I started a Second Life account
> recently, so people are welcome to friend me (as Polenth Yue). I won't
> have much play time in the next few months, but there's always a
> chance of running into me.
>
> I look at avatars slightly differently, as I'm not trying to portray
> my true self or anything. If it looks cute, I'll have one. ;) I'm
> mostly swimming around as a dolphin right now.

I'm not gonna be playing for a while too.. classes and stuff is getting
too much in the way. I don't really try to portray my true self, I'd
just like to have at least one dragon avatar.

--
Al Phi

Draco18s

Jan 9, 2007, 8:31:57 PM1/9/07
In article <1168318267.9...@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
bjbd...@gmail.com says...

I don't either, I've got one of the large quad-dragon avatars that I looked at
said, "close enough" and was happy with it--til I realized how much lag it
caused.

v_dragon

Jan 9, 2007, 6:52:19 PM1/9/07
On 8 Jan 2007 20:51:08 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Somewhat late into the discussion, I started a Second Life account
>> recently, so people are welcome to friend me (as Polenth Yue). I won't
>> have much play time in the next few months, but there's always a
>> chance of running into me.
>>
>> I look at avatars slightly differently, as I'm not trying to portray
>> my true self or anything. If it looks cute, I'll have one. ;) I'm
>> mostly swimming around as a dolphin right now.

I have seen some nice Dolphin AV's swimming around...come to think of
it, i think i have one that was given out as a gift...

>I'm not gonna be playing for a while too.. classes and stuff is getting
>too much in the way. I don't really try to portray my true self, I'd
>just like to have at least one dragon avatar.

I have seen some great quad Dragon av's but they are a bit large and i
have seen some lovely digigrade/quad Little dragon av's :>

Myself I am sticking with the dragon av i have untill i gather all the
time to mod the ones i have into what i want.

It seems I have made SL my second home. I like the group of furs i
found to hang out with, so i might not post as many silly things Here;
you will have to find me in There if you want silly things from
Vincent from now on - unless something Here strikes my fancy

Polenth

Jan 9, 2007, 9:50:53 PM1/9/07
"v_dragon" <v_dr...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> On 8 Jan 2007 20:51:08 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Somewhat late into the discussion, I started a Second Life account
>>> recently, so people are welcome to friend me (as Polenth Yue). I
>>> won't
>>> have much play time in the next few months, but there's always a
>>> chance of running into me.
>>>
>>> I look at avatars slightly differently, as I'm not trying to
>>> portray
>>> my true self or anything. If it looks cute, I'll have one. ;) I'm
>>> mostly swimming around as a dolphin right now.
>
> I have seen some nice Dolphin AV's swimming around...come to think
> of
> it, i think i have one that was given out as a gift...

My dolphin was a gift from one of my family, as he makes them. I also
found out today that a small quadruped dragon was added to his shop in
white or purple, so if people are looking for a smaller and less laggy
dragon, they might work. They're about a human length long. A
shameless promotion also helps pay for the free one I was given. ;)

The shop is on the third floor of the FurNation SkyMall (searching for
'Avariel' will bring up the shop for a quick teleport).

darkside

Jan 9, 2007, 11:40:46 PM1/9/07
"Polenth" <ne...@polenth.demon.co.uk> writes:

> "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.

Or you could just use the native Linux client.

http://secondlife.com/community/linux-alpha.php

Still not quite feature-equivalent, but it's getting close!

Also, the client is open source now. Yay!

Al Phi

Jan 10, 2007, 1:51:33 PM1/10/07
darkside wrote:
> "Polenth" <ne...@polenth.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
> > "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Cross fingers, for the client to run under Wine.
>
> Or you could just use the native Linux client.
>
> http://secondlife.com/community/linux-alpha.php
>
> Still not quite feature-equivalent, but it's getting close!
>
> Also, the client is open source now. Yay!

I heard that the client wasn't going to ever be open source, because it
would be too easy to make something like copybot. This is good news,
because I don't think the binary is 100% compatible with my system.

--
Al Phi

v_dragon

Jan 10, 2007, 7:35:35 PM1/10/07
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 02:50:53 -0000, "Polenth"
<ne...@polenth.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>My dolphin was a gift from one of my family, as he makes them. I also
>found out today that a small quadruped dragon was added to his shop in
>white or purple, so if people are looking for a smaller and less laggy
>dragon, they might work. They're about a human length long. A
>shameless promotion also helps pay for the free one I was given. ;)

If its to one i have seen, and the description sounds like it, its a
great AV.

>The shop is on the third floor of the FurNation SkyMall (searching for
>'Avariel' will bring up the shop for a quick teleport).

I will have to check it out. :)

Draco18s

Jan 11, 2007, 3:30:25 PM1/11/07
In article <pg1bq253c57ia8f3j...@4ax.com>,
v_dr...@bellsouth.net says...

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 02:50:53 -0000, "Polenth"
> <ne...@polenth.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >My dolphin was a gift from one of my family, as he makes them. I also
> >found out today that a small quadruped dragon was added to his shop in
> >white or purple, so if people are looking for a smaller and less laggy
> >dragon, they might work. They're about a human length long. A
> >shameless promotion also helps pay for the free one I was given. ;)
> >
> >The shop is on the third floor of the FurNation SkyMall (searching for
> >'Avariel' will bring up the shop for a quick teleport).
>
> I will have to check it out. :)

Same, same. Maybe buy my first av. Er...get an av that'll be the first one I
pay for (I've had a lot of gifts).

Draco18s

Jan 11, 2007, 3:32:46 PM1/11/07
In article <1168455092.9...@i39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
bjbd...@gmail.com says...

> darkside wrote:
> > "Polenth" <ne...@polenth.demon.co.uk> writes:
> >
> > > "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Or you could just use the native Linux client.
> >
> > http://secondlife.com/community/linux-alpha.php
> >
> > Still not quite feature-equivalent, but it's getting close!
> >
> > Also, the client is open source now. Yay!
>
> I heard that the client wasn't going to ever be open source, because it
> would be too easy to make something like copybot.

They must have either fixed it or figured that there was no way to fix it and
libsl was so close to a complete client I think they finally endorsed it.
Good news in either case--going to see a lot of outside client development.

Pegasus

Jan 11, 2007, 8:30:16 PM1/11/07

> In article <i4qrn2hk6dvrc116o...@4ax.com>,
> v_dr...@bellsouth.net says...
>> On 11 Dec 2006 09:53:07 -0800, "Al Phi" <bjbd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> >I've gotten a little bit better at actual scripting myself. I learned
>> >about the different channels, which you can use to make anything from
>> >walkie talkies to a firebreath controller. Maybe even a shapeshifting
>> >set of "clothing". I'll settle with something a bit more modest
>> >first.. start building a "Wizard's wand" (a debugging tool you don't
>> >actually finish working on)
>>
>> I'm not quite ready for scripting yet, but i will be when i find the
>> right look for me. I would be curious to know if you found any useful
>> knowledge resources or tutorials for scripting
>
> How's the official wiki?
> http://secondlife.com/badgeo/wakka.php?wakka=LSL
> Number 2 on a google search for LSL. Or it would be if it wasn't down.
> Mirror hosted here:
> http://rpgstats.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Just found something that I think is rather interesting...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/the-opens-just-got-weird/2007/01/12/1168105128562.html
Worth a look :)

Pegasus

Lord Flame Stryke

Jan 11, 2007, 8:54:12 PM1/11/07
On 11 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> Just found something that I think is rather interesting...

I see they made sure no non-human avatars were around for filming.....
};=8Ş

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++ Draco nigrum, oculi
rubere, suppositus, magus. Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady
Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand of Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder
of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8 from Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake
from Whisper, Mate to Lady Viriatha, Owner of Flame Stryke's Windex®
Factory, Lord Balloonmaker, Borrower of the Ebony Wood Fife from
Luxatos, Accepter of the Small Statue of a Green Dragon Covered in Ice
Cream Toppings from Juniper, Employer of a miniature Jester doll from
SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic Ever-Bill from SeaKing, Carrier of the gold
piece from whisper: o, Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep, First Dragon of
Realism, Giver of the Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos, Winner of the

*shiny* riddle award from Pegasus, Wearer of the big *shiny* medal of
posting-ness from Pegasus

--
"The default Magic Word, "Abracadabra", actually is a corruption of the
Hebrew phrase "ha-Bracha dab'ra" which means "pronounce the blessing"."

Pegasus

Jan 11, 2007, 10:14:06 PM1/11/07

"Lord Flame Stryke" <Flame...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 11 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
>> Just found something that I think is rather interesting...
>> http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/the-opens-just-got-weird/2007/01/12/
>> 1168105128562.html Worth a look :)
>
> I see they made sure no non-human avatars were around for filming.....
> };=8Ş

Yes, I noticed that too XD
I'm almost tempted to make a SL account, but my CPU probably wouldn't be
bale to handle it in such heat. C'mon! It's 37'C over here! *melts into a
puddle*

Pegasus

Raeadh`ani

Jan 12, 2007, 9:23:17 AM1/12/07

Lord Flame Stryke wrote:
> On 11 Dec 2006, jrr...@gmail.com was found to have scratched this

> message on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
> > Now that we are on topic who else from here is on Second Life?

Keshadei Naumova

> > I think I will update my SL Dragons List. I have to check up with
> > Dafydd if there's new adds but who I have in my list at
> > seconddragons.blogspot.com is
> >
> > * Centrifuge Xingjian
> > * Ceralor Akula
> > * Dafydd Perun
> > * Derako Carlos
> > * draco18s Magestic
> > * Dracodinas Unknown
> > * Flashdust Lamington
> > * Gelgisith Kivioq
> > * Gog Gremlin
> > * Helios Eusebio
> > * Isloetha Rothschild
> > * jrrdraco Oe
> > * Kaibo Bunnyhug
> > * Karnis Baphomet
> > * Killer Ingmann
> > * Luxatos Poindexter
> > * Malathar Xavier
> > * Nargus Asturias
> > * Ngarewyrd Darracq
> > * Odendo Brocco
> > * Psyra Extraordinaire
> > * Solanth Jetaime
> > * Tarra Drake
> > * Walksfar Murakami

I know a few dragons on that list that don't actually play SL anymore.
I am usually found hanging out with a herd of equines. I havent yet run
into many of the dragons here.

Raeadh`ani

Lord Flame Stryke

Jan 12, 2007, 8:20:25 PM1/12/07
On 11 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> Just found something that I think is rather interesting...
>>> http://www.smh.com.au/news/biztech/the-opens-just-got-weird/2007/01/1

>>> 2/ 1168105128562.html Worth a look :)

>> I see they made sure no non-human avatars were around for

>> filming..... };=8Þ

> Yes, I noticed that too XD
> I'm almost tempted to make a SL account, but my CPU probably wouldn't
> be bale to handle it in such heat. C'mon! It's 37'C over here! *melts
> into a puddle*

<Blows some -30C weather over Pegasus' way> And you can keep it!!

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+ $
Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand of
Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8 from
Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady Viriatha,
Owner of Flame Stryke's Windex® Factory, Lord Balloonmaker, Borrower of the
Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small Statue of a Green
Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper, Employer of a miniature
Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic Ever-Bill from SeaKing,
Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o, Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep,
First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos,
Winner of the *shiny* riddle award from Pegasus, Wearer of the big *shiny*
medal of posting-ness from Pegasus

--
"Explosions aren't known for their parenting skills." -- Hexadecimal,
Reboot

Pegasus

Jan 12, 2007, 8:39:20 PM1/12/07

> On 11 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> I see they made sure no non-human avatars were around for
>>> filming..... };=8Ş

>> Yes, I noticed that too XD
>> I'm almost tempted to make a SL account, but my CPU probably wouldn't
>> be bale to handle it in such heat. C'mon! It's 37'C over here! *melts
>> into a puddle*
>
> <Blows some -30C weather over Pegasus' way> And you can keep it!!

*smirks* Well, it looked like it reached us. A pleasant 26'C right now...

Pegasus

Lord Flame Stryke

Jan 13, 2007, 4:23:24 AM1/13/07
On 12 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a rock
in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> I'm almost tempted to make a SL account, but my CPU probably wouldn't

>>> be bale to handle it in such heat. C'mon! It's 37'C over here! *melts
>>> into a puddle*
>> <Blows some -30C weather over Pegasus' way> And you can keep it!!
> *smirks* Well, it looked like it reached us. A pleasant 26'C right now...

And on Monday it'll be 5C here.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

"The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which failed
to start because of the following error: The operation completed
successfully." -- Windows NT Server v3.51

Pegasus

Jan 14, 2007, 12:15:11 AM1/14/07

> On 12 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a rock
> in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> <Blows some -30C weather over Pegasus' way> And you can keep it!!
>> *smirks* Well, it looked like it reached us. A pleasant 26'C right now...
>
> And on Monday it'll be 5C here.....

Ooh... reminds me of when I was out camping in a summer sleeping bag
in -1'C. Not very fun, especially when the people putting up the tent forget
the fly!

Pegasus

v_dragon

Jan 14, 2007, 11:22:20 AM1/14/07

Eeek!
Brrrrr

nothing can make a campout miserable more than not having the correct
equipment :(

Lord Flame Stryke

Jan 14, 2007, 12:36:01 PM1/14/07
On 13 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a
rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> *smirks* Well, it looked like it reached us. A pleasant 26'C right
>>> now...
>> And on Monday it'll be 5C here.....
> Ooh... reminds me of when I was out camping in a summer sleeping bag
> in -1'C. Not very fun, especially when the people putting up the tent
> forget the fly!

Poor thing. Did you let it sleep with you to get warm?

Lord Flame Stryke

--
[...]

The chat program is in public domain. This is not the GNU public license.
If it breaks then you get to keep both pieces. -- Copyright notice for
the chat program

Pegasus

Jan 15, 2007, 12:30:00 AM1/15/07

> On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 16:15:11 +1100, "Pegasus"
> <the_sa...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>

>>"Lord Flame Stryke" <Flame...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> On 12 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a
>>> rock
>>> in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> And on Monday it'll be 5C here.....
>>
>>Ooh... reminds me of when I was out camping in a summer sleeping bag
>>in -1'C. Not very fun, especially when the people putting up the tent
>>forget
>>the fly!
>

> Eeek!
> Brrrrr
>
> nothing can make a campout miserable more than not having the correct
> equipment :(

Amen to that!
The funny thing is that the next morning, we found the fly... Somehow they
had managed to put the tent on top of it!

Pegasus

Pegasus

Jan 15, 2007, 12:31:26 AM1/15/07

> On 13 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a
> rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> And on Monday it'll be 5C here.....
>> Ooh... reminds me of when I was out camping in a summer sleeping bag
>> in -1'C. Not very fun, especially when the people putting up the tent
>> forget the fly!
>
> Poor thing. Did you let it sleep with you to get warm?

The sleeping bag or the fly?

Pegasus

Pegasus

Jan 15, 2007, 5:28:10 PM1/15/07

> On 14 Jan 2007, Pegasus was found to have scratched this message on a rock
> in alt.fan.dragons:

>>> Poor thing. Did you let it sleep with you to get warm?
>> The sleeping bag or the fly?
>
> The fly, of course!!

Trust me, there was no chance of getting warm at all that fateful night, not
for the fly, not for my camping buddies and not for me.

Pegasus

It is loading more messages.