瘋狂上市!!!ㄒㄧㄛ 喔!!

升華書局

Jan 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/4/98

想聽midi嗎?想看明星臉嗎?
來看這裡ㄡ!!
線上小說出租!?
政治大批鬥
所有新鮮的事,這裡都看得到!!
快按這裡吧!!
http://www.taconet.com.tw/~cocomo99

Holyraptor

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

>想聽midi嗎?想看明星臉嗎?
>來看這裡ㄡ!!
>線上小說出租!?
>政治大批鬥
>所有新鮮的事,這裡都看得到!!
>快按這裡吧!!

"Aaa... Sure I can speak foreign languages too, I mean $^^$S%$Y$%HJG$#%%^%$ --
#%NC^^&FH**G% = &^%*VGH^%&;)"

--Random, I mean R%$&^???:=+)

Urpo Lankinen

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998 12:10:33 +0800, @hinet.net <@hinet.net> wrote:

>想聽midi嗎?想看明星臉嗎?
>來看這裡ㄡ!!
>線上小說出租!?
>政治大批鬥
>所有新鮮的事,這裡都看得到!!
>快按這裡吧!!

>http://www.taconet.com.tw/~cocomo99

"Look! An alien from the Outernet!" Hoki raises his front claw. "Come
in peace, stranger. Oh dear, you don't understand me, do you? Hey
everybody, I'm trying to communicate with it!..."

Hoki speaks loudly so the alien could understand him better:

for i in *.gif; do perl -e "\$n=\"$i\"; \$a=\"$i.xpm\"; \$a =~ s/\.gif//gi;
\$parm=\"convert \$n \$a\"; print \"\$parm\\n\"; \`\$parm\`;"; done

The alien doesn't seem to understand, but its visage alters to another
form. "You don't understand? Maybe I'll try another form of
communication..."

Hoki speaks in another tongue, too archaic to read by mere humans, so
it's here converted to hexadecimal:

00 c0 a9 01 a0 01 a2 01 8e 20 d0 8c 21 d0 e8 18 69 01
c9 ff d0 03 c8 a9 01 c0 ff d0 02 a0 01 e0 ff d0 e5 a2
01 4c 06 c0

The alien's nose starts to bleed. "Hmmm... English is out of question,
it doesn't understand sh+perl, and it doesn't understand MOS 6510
machine code... I give up."

--
Hoki-aamrel the Cherry-red Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
DC.D Gm f s h++ CR a+++ $- m- d++ WL++* Fr- L52m BF e++ g i-!

Rasha

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, it was written:
> ·QÅ¥midi¶Ü¡H·Q¬Ý©ú¬PÁy¶Ü¡H
> ¨Ó¬Ý³o¸Ì£²¡I¡I
> ½u¤W¤p»¡¥X¯²¡I¡H
> ¬Fªv¤j§å°«
> ©Ò¦³·sÂAªº¨Æ¡A³o¸Ì³£¬Ý±o¨ì¡I¡I
> §Ö«ö³o¸Ì§a¡I¡I
> http://www.taconet.com.tw/~cocomo99

"You know, I said that just the other day. Except, of course, it was
intelligible." <grin> "Hmmm...I wonder what it was supposed to be..."

______________________________________ ~~~~
Rasha the Really Real Dragon (TM) / ~~~
...and Erin Lynn (typist) / \\ ~~
/ \\____ ~~
"Sometimes you kick, / </E <O\_____~
sometimes you get kicked..." \ </ @\
-- Michael Hutchence, INXS \ </ (_________/
\_</ /
DC:D f++ s++ h++ CR^K a- $ m- d+++ i \ /
WL++* L<14>f BF e++ g-- u+ Fr++^(?) / /
Ra...@concentric.spamless.net /

Fhaolan

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998 17:12:15 -0500, Rasha <Ra...@cris.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, it was written:

>> =B7Q=C5=A5midi=B6=DC=A1H=B7Q=AC=DD=A9=FA=ACP=C1y=B6=DC=A1H
>> =A8=D3=AC=DD=B3o=B8=CC=A3=B2=A1I=A1I
>> =BDu=A4W=A4p=BB=A1=A5X=AF=B2=A1I=A1H
>> =ACF=AAv=A4j=A7=E5=B0=AB
>> =A9=D2=A6=B3=B7s=C2A=AA=BA=A8=C6=A1A=B3o=B8=CC=B3=A3=AC=DD=B1o=A8=EC=A1I=
>=A1I
>> =A7=D6=AB=F6=B3o=B8=CC=A7a=A1I=A1I
>> http://www.taconet.com.tw/~cocomo99
>>=20

>"You know, I said that just the other day. Except, of course, it was
>intelligible." <grin> "Hmmm...I wonder what it was supposed to be..."

Fhaolan studies the message, "Probably someone tryin' tae pos' usin' a
Japanese natural-language keyboard. I've seen gibberish like tha' on
many Japanese web-pages. Withou' tha' righ' font package, there's nae
way o' knowin' wha's goin' on."

-Fhaolan, Celtic Wuf!

Drgnmom123

Jan 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/7/98

"Silly Bu***rs, I mean Silly **gg**,Oh heck,you know. Darn Silly BEGGERS, there
that should satisfy those dratted daemons." The old black Dragon wanders away
singing a song to herself "mares eat oats, and does eat oats, and little
lambs eat ivy,a kiddel eat ivy too wouldent you?" she wanders on into the
forest chuckling to herself------Dragonmom wondering what that was all about

FoulDragon

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

'I would rather like to see what that 6510 code does, as I have my opcode table
(and CBM 64) stuffed in a box somewhere. But doesn't 00, at least on the 6502
mean BRK (this is the only thing I remember, so I can't tell if I read it
right)? If it's the first thing executed, of course the alien won't get it.
If you couldn't get anywhere, maybe I can take a shot at it.' Marada advances
on the creature, bearing a stack of books.
:::Tries to communicate with the alien, reading all the while:::
for (i=1; i<=10;i++){printf("You are welcome if you come in peace!\n");}
for i=1 to 57: out 2000, asc(mid$("Please join us, but contribute in a manner
we can read",i,1)):next
document.write('We mean you no harm')
writeln(output, "You will be safe so long as that doesn't turn out to be
spam!")
copy /dev/console alien
And if it does, we will not be happy for all the effort we exerted! ^C

::Sigh:: 'I guess he doesn't know any form of modern human language, and I am
not getting out the copy of /Fortran 77 is Fun!/'

Hoki- I loved the funny post. Of course, I'm the type of drak that would enjoy
that.

Marada- feeling the urge to jump into zero page and never return

Urpo Lankinen

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

On 8 Jan 1998 00:21:21 GMT, FoulDragon <fould...@aol.com> wrote:

>>00 c0 a9 01 a0 01 a2 01 8e 20 d0 8c 21 d0 e8 18 69 01
>>c9 ff d0 03 c8 a9 01 c0 ff d0 02 a0 01 e0 ff d0 e5 a2
>>01 4c 06 c0
>>
>>The alien's nose starts to bleed. "Hmmm... English is out of question,
>>it doesn't understand sh+perl, and it doesn't understand MOS 6510
>>machine code... I give up."
>
>'I would rather like to see what that 6510 code does, as I have my
>opcode table (and CBM 64) stuffed in a box somewhere. But doesn't
>00, at least on the 6502 mean BRK (this is the only thing I remember,
>so I can't tell if I read it right)? If it's the first thing
>executed, of course the alien won't get it.

"Nope, that 00 c0 is the memory offset. This is a hexdump from a machine
code file (first two bytes tell the starting address). 00 c0 just
means that the program starts from $c000 (start with SYS 49152)...

"Well, a small spoiler: This is the second ML program that my typist
has ever written. It's called 'nosebleeder' for a good reason - it
blinks the screen, border and background colors at different
rate. YUCK."

>If you couldn't get anywhere, maybe I can take a shot at it.' Marada advances
>on the creature, bearing a stack of books.

>::Sigh:: 'I guess he doesn't know any form of modern human language, and I am

>not getting out the copy of /Fortran 77 is Fun!/'

"I had a copy of INTERCAL manual somewhere, but I can't find it! Argh!"

Urpo Lankinen

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

On Wed, 07 Jan 1998 23:08:19 GMT, Fhaolan <ark...@istar.ca> wrote:

>Fhaolan studies the message, "Probably someone tryin' tae pos' usin' a
>Japanese natural-language keyboard. I've seen gibberish like tha' on
>many Japanese web-pages. Withou' tha' righ' font package, there's nae
>way o' knowin' wha's goin' on."

"And as far as I can tell, the original message didn't even had the
character encoding information. Besides, I don't speak japanese, so I
can't even guess the correct encoding!"

Eredien2

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

Oolong wrote:

Eredien hears snatches of a familiar but strange song, and searches all over
the Dominance until she finds Dragonmom.
"Wow!" She exclaims.
"You know that song?!? I've never met anyone else that did, besides me! We
could do a duet, I know the chorus as well."

Eredien ("Willow" in the Dragonspeech)
Ered...@aol.com
DC.D f s(RL---VR) h--- CLG:g ah- $- m d++ WL+^* Fr- L- Bnone e? g
i! U?

Drgnmom123

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

The old Black Dragon pauses in her perambulations,and turns back to
Eredien,"Aha,You know the rest? Please tell me,I get very tired of singing the
same thing over and over, and thats all I remember." "Its a fun song and I
really would love to remember the rest."--- "-Please Oh Please tell me the
rest" The black dragon jumps up and down,causing the trees to sway and a
squirrel to fall out of its nest,(A plaid sparkely squirrel,"This is too much"
it chitters and stomps off into the bushes.")Both dragons watch the
squirrel,and dragonmom says"Something has to be done about that.""Any way you
will teach me the rest of it?,Please?"

Wyrm

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

Greetings.

www...@iki.fi (Urpo Lankinen) spake thus:

>On Wed, 07 Jan 1998 23:08:19 GMT, Fhaolan <ark...@istar.ca> wrote:
>>Fhaolan studies the message, "Probably someone tryin' tae pos' usin' a
>>Japanese natural-language keyboard. I've seen gibberish like tha' on
>>many Japanese web-pages. Withou' tha' righ' font package, there's nae
>>way o' knowin' wha's goin' on."
>"And as far as I can tell, the original message didn't even had the
>character encoding information. Besides, I don't speak japanese, so I
>can't even guess the correct encoding!"

It's Taiwanese, which is a variant of Chinese I believe.

I wouldn't bother trying to decode it, it's only Spam.

Wyrm.

--
Wyrm: http://www.wyrm.demon.co.uk/

DC.D f++ s-- h++ CFire a+++++ $+ (m) d+++
WL++ Fr++++ L700f BF e+++ g-- i+! U+++

Dragon's, coming, out of the sea.
Shimmering silver head of wisdom looking at me.
Peter Gabriel - Genesis.

Wyrm

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

Greetings.

drgnm...@aol.com (Drgnmom123) spake thus:

It's an old song from around the time of WWII.

Mares eat oats, and Does eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy.
Kids'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you!

Then theres the corrupted version:

Maresey dotes, and Doesey dotes, and little lambsie divy.
Kiddly divy too, wouldn't you!

I forget the verses though, perhaps Eredien could remind us!

Eredien2

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

I emailed the other part I know to Oolong, but since Wyrm wants to know, and I
don't want to get eaten, here it is again...

CHORUS:
Mares eat oats
And does eat oats
and little lambs eat ivy
Kiddleydivey (Kids will eat ivy) too, wouldn't you?

If the words sound queer
and funny to your ear
a little bit jumbled and jivey,
just say,
"Mares eat oats
and does eat oats

and little lambs eat ivy."

Repeat Chorus

That's all I know.
My grandma taught it to me! :-)

Drgnmom123

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98

I never heard the corrupted version do you have to sing it with an English
accent? (just kiddeling).Have you ever heard this song? OHHH, the liquor was
spilled on the bar room floor the bar was closed for the night,when out of his
house came a little brown mouse and sat in the pale moon light .Heee, lapped up
the liquor off the bar room floor and back on his haunches he sat, And all
night long you could hear him roar,BRING ON THE GOL DURN CAT!----My mom taught
me that one, but I dont remember were I learned Mares eat
oats,-----Oolong-------DC.Df+s-h- -CHK a++$- -M+++o++d+++WL++* Fr- - - L2M
-Bnone eg+i-u2

Rasha

Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98
"That is such a cool song! I'll have to snip that song, and bother
everybody Erin knows by singing it to them. And it's the kind of thing
that you don't need to know what the actual tune is, you can just make one
up. Though Erin, for some reason, immediately set it to the _Drinking
Philosophers Song_ or whatever it's called from Monty Python. Which Erin
only vaguely remembers the words to, but if Sabargen has really truly
returned he might be able to supply them for us...that is, if I'm
remembering the drak we got them from right."

Drgnmom123

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

Thats the problem with these kinds of things when we hear them the first time
we are usually in no shape to remember them(ha)

Chris Kennedy

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

Rasha <Ra...@cris.com> wrote in alt.fan.dragons:

>"That is such a cool song! I'll have to snip that song, and bother
>everybody Erin knows by singing it to them. And it's the kind of thing
>that you don't need to know what the actual tune is, you can just make one
>up. Though Erin, for some reason, immediately set it to the _Drinking
>Philosophers Song_ or whatever it's called from Monty Python. Which Erin
>only vaguely remembers the words to, but if Sabargen has really truly
>returned he might be able to supply them for us...that is, if I'm
>remembering the drak we got them from right."

Oh, no... now that song is going to be in my head for the rest of the
night. And so I'll have to do my best to get it into everyone else's
heads as well. ;-)

"Bruces' Philosopher Song"

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable,

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table,

David Hume could outconsume
Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel.

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schegel.

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya
'Bout the raising of the wrist,
Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill,

Plato, they say, could stick it away,
Half a crate of whiskey every day.

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle,
Hobbes was fond of his dram,

And Rene Descartes was a drunken fart,
"I drink, therefore I am."

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed,
A lovely little thinker,
But a bugger when he's pissed.

*Grin* *bow* Oh, and I would like to remind everyone that Descartes is
pronounced des-cart-es, especially when trying to annoy teachers. ;-)

--Lyr, who is constantly amused by the fact that there's a suitable
Monty Python skit for every discussion on usenet...
--
DC.D f++ sRL sVR+ h++ CGwB a- $ m d++ WL++* Fr- L20f B? e++ g- i--!
"In a world full of people, only some want to fly, isn't that crazy?"

Drgnmom123

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

Ah! Monty Python,I Love them all even now. The Lumber Jack song!!---Dragonmom

Polenth

Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98

In article <19980109214...@ladder02.news.aol.com>, ered...@aol.com
(Eredien2) writes:

>CHORUS:
>Mares eat oats
>And does eat oats
>and little lambs eat ivy
>Kiddleydivey (Kids will eat ivy) too, wouldn't you?
>
>If the words sound queer
>and funny to your ear
>a little bit jumbled and jivey,
>just say,
>"Mares eat oats
>and does eat oats
>and little lambs eat ivy."
>
>Repeat Chorus
>
>That's all I know.
>My grandma taught it to me! :-)

A truely bizarre song. I'd love to know the tune... maybe Wyrm could be
persuaded to sing it at the afd gather thingy! :)

(or maybe Wyrm will eat me for suggesting that:))

Polenth
Clan Stormcrest

DC.D CDP a- d+++ WL+* L14f Balkali f e! m-
My weyr is at: http://members.aol.com/polenth/weyr.htm
Owner of 'Herbal Concoctions' and 'The Forest Inn'

Firesong

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Eredien2 wrote:

> I emailed the other part I know to Oolong, but since Wyrm wants to
> know, and I don't want to get eaten, here it is again...
>
> CHORUS:
> Mares eat oats
> And does eat oats
> and little lambs eat ivy
> Kiddleydivey (Kids will eat ivy) too, wouldn't you?

I know this line as "A kid'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?"

> If the words sound queer
> and funny to your ear
> a little bit jumbled and jivey,
> just say,
> "Mares eat oats
> and does eat oats
> and little lambs eat ivy."

Never heard that part before.

> Repeat Chorus
>
> That's all I know.
> My grandma taught it to me! :-)

Neat! I've known this song for a long time, I forget where I learned
it. Maybe from TV.
--
|\-=-/| Firesong mselik@[remove]rice.edu
/| |O _ O| |\ DC.D WL++* CR L22' g BF a- f h+
| /\\ //\ | lmth.rial/kilesm~/ude.ecir.tenlwo.www//:ptth
+--\|\|\/-""-""-\/|/|/--+--------------------------------------------+

Greffindel

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

In article <19980109214...@ladder02.news.aol.com>
the wise Eredien2 (ered...@aol.com) quoth thus:

>I emailed the other part I know to Oolong, but since Wyrm wants to know, and I
>don't want to get eaten, here it is again...

>CHORUS:
>Mares eat oats
>And does eat oats
>and little lambs eat ivy
>Kiddleydivey (Kids will eat ivy) too, wouldn't you?

>If the words sound queer

>and funny to your ear
>a little bit jumbled and jivey,
>just say,
>"Mares eat oats
>and does eat oats
>and little lambs eat ivy."

>Repeat Chorus

>That's all I know.
>My grandma taught it to me! :-)

Second verse:

Frogs eat bugs and birds eat bugs
And little dogs eat liver
(A kid'll eat liver too, wouldn't you?)
Frogs eat bugs and birds eat bugs
And little dogs eat liver
(A kid'll eat liver too, wouldn't you?)

If the words sound queer and funny to your ear,
And make you want to jump in the river,
Just sing "Frogs eat bugs, and birds eat bugs,
And little dogs eat liver..."

Frogs.. etc.

I think there's a third verse as well, but I don't know it.
:)

>Eredien ("Willow" in the Dragonspeech)
>Ered...@aol.com
>DC.D f s(RL---VR) h--- CLG:g ah- $- m d++ WL+^* Fr- L- Bnone e? g
> i! U?

--Greffindel the Plaid.
lmth.nogard\dnefispi~\ude.snaku.cc.elgae\\:ptth :etisbew ym tisiV
lmth.renrocyrteop\yrteop\dnefispi~\... :ta yrteoP
*please don't send me adverts, chain mail, or Internet Marketing Opportunities*

Drgnmom123

Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98

Oh thank you very much that sounds about right! Ill book mark it so ill
remember.----Dragonmom

Wyrm

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

Greetings.

pol...@aol.com (Polenth) spake thus:

>A truely bizarre song. I'd love to know the tune... maybe Wyrm could be
>persuaded to sing it at the afd gather thingy! :)

No, he will not be persuaded.

>(or maybe Wyrm will eat me for suggesting that:))

Quite possibly. One never knows though ... better bring some cheesecake
just in case though.

Sigridir

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

Greffindel wrote:

> In article <19980109214...@ladder02.news.aol.com>
> the wise Eredien2 (ered...@aol.com) quoth thus:
> >I emailed the other part I know to Oolong, but since Wyrm wants to know, and I
> >don't want to get eaten, here it is again...
>
> >CHORUS:
> >Mares eat oats
> >And does eat oats
> >and little lambs eat ivy
> >Kiddleydivey (Kids will eat ivy) too, wouldn't you?

Hmm...surely that's the translation suggested below. The words really
are

Mairzy doats and dozy doats
And liddle lambsy divey
A kiddly divey too
Wouldn't you?

> >If the words sound queer
> >and funny to your ear
> >a little bit jumbled and jivey,
> >just say,
> >"Mares eat oats
> >and does eat oats
> >and little lambs eat ivy."

That's the bit that lets you in on the secret of how to say it.

<gratuitous snippage>

My parents had a songbook with all the words in once upon a time. Along
with the glorious 'Okki Tokki Unga'... ah, memories

Sigridir
(attempting to post from her new job!)

Rasha

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Wyrm wrote:
> Greetings.
> pol...@aol.com (Polenth) spake thus:
> >A truely bizarre song. I'd love to know the tune... maybe Wyrm could be
> >persuaded to sing it at the afd gather thingy! :)
> No, he will not be persuaded.

<in a Winston Churchill-y voice> "Never shall I be persuaded, not to sing,
nor to dance, not so long as I draw breath." <g>

> >(or maybe Wyrm will eat me for suggesting that:))
> Quite possibly. One never knows though ... better bring some cheesecake
> just in case though.
> Wyrm.

"Great...now we'll have to constantly feed Wyrm cheesecake to keep him
from trying to eat us every couple of minutes." Rasha produces a
cheesecake and hands it to Wyrm. "Just thought I'd make a pre-emptive
strike." >;=8)

______________________________________ ~~~~
Rasha the Really Real Dragon (TM) / ~~~
...and Erin Lynn (typist) / \\ ~~
/ \\____ ~~

"Sometimes you kick, / </E <O\____~

sometimes you get kicked..." \ </ @\

-- Michael Hutchence, INXS \ </ \________/

Polenth

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

In article <EMnss...@flightdata.co.uk>, laur...@wyrm.demon.co.uk (Wyrm)
writes:

>pol...@aol.com (Polenth) spake thus:
>>A truely bizarre song. I'd love to know the tune... maybe Wyrm could be
>>persuaded to sing it at the afd gather thingy! :)
>
>No, he will not be persuaded.

It was worth a try:)

>>(or maybe Wyrm will eat me for suggesting that:))
>
>Quite possibly. One never knows though ... better bring some cheesecake
>just in case though.

You wouldn't eat me in public!

Um... on second thoughts maybe I'll bring a cheesecake.

Drgnmom123

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

"My Dear Wyrm,I will feed you chocolate cheese cake until you are a round plaid
little Draggie,If you would sing it for Polenth. Please???"------Dragonmom

Rasha

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

On 12 Jan 1998, Drgnmom123 wrote:
> "My Dear Wyrm,I will feed you chocolate cheese cake until you are a round plaid
> little Draggie,If you would sing it for Polenth. Please???"------Dragonmom

Rasha can't help it, but starts giggling uncontrollably at this point.
"If you feed Wyrm enough cheesecakes to go plaid, I'd want to be somewhere
in the other hemisphere! I think even the Wyrm of the endless appetite
might explode." >;=8D

-- Rasha, Who Can't Remember What Color Wyrm Is, But Knows He Isn't The
Plaid One Around Here

Rasha

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Sigridir wrote:
> Sigridir
> (attempting to post from her new job!)

Maybe we should have a "Typists Who Post From Work" club or something...

-- Erin of Amberhaven, Posting From Home 'Cause It's Snowing!! :D

Rasha

Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Chris Kennedy wrote:
> > Though Erin, for some reason, immediately set it to the _Drinking
> >Philosophers Song_ or whatever it's called from Monty Python.
> Oh, no... now that song is going to be in my head for the rest of the
> night. And so I'll have to do my best to get it into everyone else's
> heads as well. ;-)
> "Bruces' Philosopher Song"
<ka-snipped!>

> *Grin* *bow* Oh, and I would like to remind everyone that Descartes is
> pronounced des-cart-es, especially when trying to annoy teachers. ;-)
> --Lyr, who is constantly amused by the fact that there's a suitable
> Monty Python skit for every discussion on usenet...

"I've probably got one of the few American-type humans who have some
vague idea of how to properly pronounce Descartes, much less know who he
was. Erin was at a party where somebody sang that song, and then had to
explain to several people that all the people named in the song were
actual philosophers. Sad, that. But I think, on a lighter note, that
Monty Python was specifically invented for Usenet." <grin>

Wyrm

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

Greetings.

Rasha <Ra...@cris.com> spake thus:

>On 12 Jan 1998, Drgnmom123 wrote:
>> "My Dear Wyrm,I will feed you chocolate cheese cake until you are a round
>> plaid little Draggie,If you would sing it for Polenth. Please???"------Dragonmom
>Rasha can't help it, but starts giggling uncontrollably at this point.
>"If you feed Wyrm enough cheesecakes to go plaid, I'd want to be somewhere
>in the other hemisphere! I think even the Wyrm of the endless appetite
>might explode." >;=8D

It's all in vain anyway ... I doubt very much that there's enough chocolate
cheesecake to make me sing ... however don't let me put you all off trying
the experiment, I'll take part, reluctantly, for scientific curiosity
alone!

However, I don't generally turn plaid, no matter what mood I'm in -
besided plaidness is copyright Greffindel!

Wyrm

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

Greetings.

Rasha <Ra...@cris.com> spake thus:

>On Mon, 12 Jan 1998, Wyrm wrote:

>> pol...@aol.com (Polenth) spake thus:

>> >(or maybe Wyrm will eat me for suggesting that:))
>> Quite possibly. One never knows though ... better bring some cheesecake
>> just in case though.

>"Great...now we'll have to constantly feed Wyrm cheesecake to keep him
>from trying to eat us every couple of minutes." Rasha produces a
>cheesecake and hands it to Wyrm. "Just thought I'd make a pre-emptive
>strike." >;=8)

I like this idea and think it ought to be encouraged - in fact I'd go so
far as to say that it should be included in the Welcome Weyr greetings and
the FAQ!

Polenth

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

In article <19980112234...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, drgnm...@aol.com
(Drgnmom123) writes:

>"My Dear Wyrm,I will feed you chocolate cheese cake until you are a round
>plaid
>little Draggie,If you would sing it for Polenth. Please???"------Dragonmom

I don't expect he wants to be plaid:) (and seeing as how thin he is to start
with that a lot of cheesecake...)

I don't mind if he doesn't want to sing it. I wouldn't in his place:)

Eredien2

Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98

"Umm..."

Eredien wishes she could hand Wyrm a cheesecake, but she can't, so she ducks
behind the nearest other dragon, and whispers in its ear, "When's the gather?
Is it in England, or the USA? I never heard about it before!"

Eredien2

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

Ahh...Monty Python and Social Studies combined- I'll have to post that up on
the school billboard- my teachers might like it....my teachers were discussing
Monty Python the other day, though and so was my Sunday School Class. No,
Really! :-)
HaHaHaHaHa! ROTFL (I'm reading the part about Descartes again....)

Polenth

Jan 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/14/98

In article <19980113235...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, ered...@aol.com
(Eredien2) writes:

>Eredien wishes she could hand Wyrm a cheesecake, but she can't, so she ducks
>behind the nearest other dragon, and whispers in its ear, "When's the gather?
>
>Is it in England, or the USA? I never heard about it before!"

'Tis in England, London, during May.

Eredien2

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

Polenth wrote:
>'Tis in England, London, during May.

Oh, well. I went to England thes summer with 30 other people. I don't think
my parents will let me go alone, again! Thanks, though!

Eredien2

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

Eredien2

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

Drgnmom123

Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98

OH My, Im so sorry,of course I ment Greffindel.What was I thinking?---Any way
Polenth said it was alright you dont really need to sing,Sorry again,-- --
,Dragonmom,

CybrDrgn11

Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98

An alien?!? I'm an M.I. Soldier! I have to blast aliens! Oh...Uhhhh...No
offense...Alien...

-Techno

Bongo5454

Jan 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/19/98

!RT^#$#^%(#$@*%$%*)^%&#$%($%#%)*&%$(&^$&#$)^$)$$(&$%$(%$%$)^)@!@#$%^&*()(*
&^%#@!@#$%^&*((((&%*#$#%##^^^$#^%$####$&%*%#%#&#@#$@#&$@#$$@$@%$^#&%^$#&$$#$#&%$

Urpo Lankinen

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

On 19 Jan 1998 19:29:28 GMT, Bongo5454 <bong...@aol.com> wrote:

>!RT^#$#^%(#$@*%$%*)^%&#$%($%#%)*&%$(&^$&#$)^$)$$(&$%$(%$%$)^)@!@#$%^&*()(*
>&^%#@!@#$%^&*((((&%*#$#%##^^^$#^%$####$&%*%#%#&#@#$@#&$@#$$@$@%$^#&%^$#&$$#$
>#&%$

Hoki KRHMs loudly. "Please, do *not* post binairies to this newsgroup.
By the way, is that a TECO script or a feeble attempt from the US
government to make you to watch your language in a public network?"

--
Hoki-aamrel the Cherry-red Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
DC.D Gm f s h++ CR a+++ $- m- d++ WL++* Fr- L52m BF e++ g i-!
http://www.iki.fi/wwwwolf/lair/index.html
"If it happens, it must be possible."

Wyrm

Jan 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/20/98

Greetings.

www...@iki.fi (Urpo Lankinen) spake thus:

>On 19 Jan 1998 19:29:28 GMT, Bongo5454 <bong...@aol.com> wrote:
>>!RT^#$#^%(#$@*%$%*)^%&#$%($%#%)*&%$(&^$&#$)^$)$$(&$%$(%$%$)^)@!@#$%^&*()(*
>>&^%#@!@#$%^&*((((&%*#$#%##^^^$#^%$####$&%*%#%#&#@#$@#&$@#$$@$@%$^#&%^$#&$$#$
>>#&%$
>Hoki KRHMs loudly. "Please, do *not* post binairies to this newsgroup.
>By the way, is that a TECO script or a feeble attempt from the US
>government to make you to watch your language in a public network?"

I believe it's an attempt to post non-ASCII characters.

Urpo Lankinen

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

On Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:44:03 GMT, Wyrm <laur...@wyrm.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>>!RT^#$#^%(#$@*%$%*)^%&#$%($%#%)*&%$(&^$&#$)^$)$$(&$%$(%$%$)^)@!@#$%^&*()(*
>>>&^%#@!@#$%^&*((((&%*#$#%##^^^$#^%$####$&%*%#%#&#@#$@#&$@#$$@$@%$^#&%^$#&$$#$
>>>#&%$
>>Hoki KRHMs loudly. "Please, do *not* post binairies to this newsgroup.
>>By the way, is that a TECO script or a feeble attempt from the US
>>government to make you to watch your language in a public network?"
>I believe it's an attempt to post non-ASCII characters.

"Yes, but that still doesn't make very much sense. The original
message didn't had any high-bit characters (well, the subject had). It
didn't had any specific encoding information (Doesn't look like
Unicode to me). Well, now I'm puzzled."

Eredien2

Jan 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/21/98

I'm sorry, for some reason there are 3 copies of the same message, posted by
me. I have no idea why this happened, just wanted to tell everwyrm I wasn't
intending to spam...

Chris Kennedy

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

ered...@aol.com (Eredien2) wrote in alt.fan.dragons:

>I'm sorry, for some reason there are 3 copies of the same message, posted by
>me. I have no idea why this happened, just wanted to tell everwyrm I wasn't
>intending to spam...

Backwards server daemons? ;-)

--Lyr

--
DC.D f++ sRL sVR+ h++ CGwB a- $ m d++ WL++* Fr- L20f B? e++ g- i--!
"In a world full of people, only some want to fly, isn't that crazy?"
--Seal, "Crazy"
psych...@hotmail.com
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/4651/

Urpo Lankinen

Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98

On 21 Jan 1998 23:42:15 GMT, Eredien2 <ered...@aol.com> wrote:
>I'm sorry, for some reason there are 3 copies of the same message, posted by
>me. I have no idea why this happened, just wanted to tell everwyrm I wasn't
>intending to spam...

"Hey, no problem. I once sent *five* copies of the same message, and I
*knew* why it happened. (Reason: Flaky lines. I never thought that it
would go out at all!) I was *really* sorry.

"Apparently 5 copies of a message posted by accident to one group is
not as bad as 200 copies of a message sent intentionally to 200
groups..."

Eredien2

Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98

Lyr wrote:
>Backwards server daemons? ;-)

I think so. Let's hunt them down. Want barbeque sauce, or fries on the side?
:-)