NEW GOLD DRAGON LOOKING FOR MATE]]]]

pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96

I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.

Sue Bogar

Mar 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/20/96

<clap clap applaud>. You might not want to scream, it hurts us dragons'
superior hearing, you know. And you might want to think a bit, for it
seems in these parts that a dragoness looks for a mate by who they are
inside, not by how loud they can boast. For we are all dragons here, and
we all have accomplishments just as cool and brave, etc. and more foten
than not, those who get a mate are te ones who weren't looking fro one..

shimmerwings
---wiccan---dragon---elfkin---krynnian---philosopher---kender---artist---me---
Come away, O human child
To the waters and the wild Look, Raist, bunnies... ____
With a faerie, hand in hand \|><|\
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand \|\ |\

Freedom of Speech (1776-1996)
It was good while it lasted. Funeral arrangements to be announced.

Marks Robert B

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:

: I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I

: HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
: WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.

What is your gender?

Dragonmage

--
"All our kind is feared by mortals," the Shivan [Dragon] stated. "They
hunt us out of fear, out of the fear that ignorance provides. The result

Drachene

Mar 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/21/96
pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:
: I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
: HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
: WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.

"Welcome and well met! I am Shadowmuse, mate of Jester. I'm not sure
you will find a mate like that. Most of us prefer to be courted, and
have our mates, or mates-to-be come visiting the parties and such.
Arranged matings have been out for years here. Though there is one other
golden here that I know of. Her name is the Golden Prinsess. I'm sure
she will reply, but if not, go looking."

-- Shadowmuse, mate of the mighty *snicker* Jester

Erin Lynn

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:

>I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
>HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
>WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.

Rasha giggles uncontrollably. "You faught in the War of the Roses? Can
you say that in public?" And she proceeds to ROTFL.

--Rasha the Highly Amused Dragon

Laurence Mee

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
Greetings.

In article <19960320.112333...@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU>

pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us writes:
> I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
> HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
> WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.

So you're quite young then...but you don't say if you're male, female,
androgyne, or what-have-you. In fact, you don't even give your name! Not
shy are we...and do you have to shout so.

There once was a dragon that shouted,
all requests to desist were flouted.
It was obvious that
it was too obstinate
so the dragon was severely clouted.

--
Wyrm.

http://www.augusta.co.uk/~lrm/laurence.htm

Sophie Davies

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
In article <19960320.112333...@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU>,

pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us writes

>I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
>HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
>WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.

*Goldey looks over at the shouting dragon*

"You might want a mate, but could you keep it down? Sorry, I'm taken.
Not that you'd want me as a mate any way, I'm 40cm tall, golden and
black with a strip of red hair about 5cm's long. Silverstars my mate,
you may have seen him, although his server is swallowing my mail up so
we can't talk together."

*Goldey waves goodbye and fly's up into the sky*
--
Golden Prinsess

Ember Darkfyre

Mar 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/22/96
In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960320...@umbc9.umbc.edu>,
sbo...@gl.umbc.edu says...

><clap clap applaud>. You might not want to scream, it hurts us dragons'
>superior hearing, you know. And you might want to think a bit, for it
>seems in these parts that a dragoness looks for a mate by who they are
>inside, not by how loud they can boast. For we are all dragons here, and
>we all have accomplishments just as cool and brave, etc. and more foten
>than not, those who get a mate are te ones who weren't looking fro one..
>
>shimmerwings

Heh... accomplishments... heh. Oh, and remember, I didn't get a mate by just
sitting around doing nothing ;) (Seems like this guy is using the Ember(tm)
Method (c 1995))

>---wiccan---dragon---elfkin---krynnian---philosopher---kender---artist---me

---
>Come away, O human child
>To the waters and the wild Look, Raist, bunnies... ____
>With a faerie, hand in hand \|><|\
>For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand \|\ |\
>
> Freedom of Speech (1776-1996)
> It was good while it lasted. Funeral arrangements to be announced.

(btw, froody sig)

Ember Darkfyre, mate of Aryltran
Ruler of House Darkfyre
Holder of the First Throne of the High Council of Neatha
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
Metallica:...And Justice for All: To Live is to Die

Coruscen

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
In article <4it9ut$6...@texas.nwlink.com>, Erin Lynn <erin...@nwlink.com> says:

>Rasha giggles uncontrollably. "You faught in the War of the Roses? Can
>you say that in public?" And she proceeds to ROTFL.
>
>--Rasha the Highly Amused Dragon

Coruscen's writer opens a dimensional portal and steps through. "Well,
you must notice the structure used: 'Have Faught.' I hypothesize that
'faught' is an euphamism for some common word--Perhaps ice-cream.
yes, 'I have icecream in the War of the Roses.' That only leaves the
elementary matter of verb tenses. Hmmm..."

(Dragon Classified Ads. What will they think of next? SRF seeking SRM,
object: mating. Must have hoard. Enquire at...)

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Mar 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/23/96
In article <sdzGPJAA...@g-dav.demon.co.uk>,

"Don't worry, NEW GOLD DRAGON," Greffindel encourages. "Women do that
to me all the time."

=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=
8 8
8 ^\^ Greffindel (the Plaid) 8
8 _______ /- @---\ r' Marthiclyadon 8
8 _-- _ \ C ----v 8
8 -= __/ / / C| sig #1p-- 06.02.96 8
8 \ / _/ | C| 8
8 / / | C| Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston pie, 8
8 - / | C \ A fly can't bird, but a bird can fly. 8
8 /-\ | C |Ask me a riddle, and I reply: 8
8 ^^- \ |^^^^/ |Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston pie. 8
8 ^^ | 8
8 ^^ / That was the first verse. When he 8
8 ^^^^^^ ---| <---| <-/had finished it, Eeyore didn't actually 8
8<<--------/ <--> <-->say that he didn't like it, so Pooh very 8
8 kindly sang the second verse for him. 8
7 __________________________________________________________________7_
|\@ | http://www.public.iastate.edu/~ipsifend/mith/dragon.html |
\__/__________________________________________________________________/

--
ipsi...@iastate.edu

Djonahh Shiko

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96
pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us writes:

> I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
> HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
> WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.

*Djonahh smiles and listens, which wasn't too hard, to the bold, if rather loud
statement..*

"Well, Mr Dragon, have you thought about the complications involved in attaining
a mate..? Like courting or being shy, blushing or even getting to know members
of the opposite sex..? Or throwing pies, jello moulds and cream at them..?
or chasing them round hills or biting playfully on their tails..? or..or..OR
EATING LEMONS AND SPITTING THE PIPS OUT AT THEM?? OR PLANTING ROTTEN CABBAGE
CARCASSES IN THEIR NESTS OR CALLING THEM NAMES LIKE SNUGGUMS, POOKY AND FLUFF
BALL..? NO..?" *Djonahh goes an even brighter red and clenches his claws
together as a sweat bead trickles down an eyeridge...*

"OR SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE TO GET ATTENTION OR SINGING 'MY OLE MAN'S
A DUSTBIN' THROUGH A SEA SHELL..? *deeeeeeeep breathhhh* OR RECITING THE
ALPHABET BACKWARDS IN FRONT OF THEM WHILST TAPPING THE BEAT OUT WITH YOUR TOES
TO THE 1812 OVERTURE..? NOOOOO..? well how do you think I met Zensis..?"

Djonahh Shiko - Mate of the byoootiful Zensis,
blood-brother to Styraco,
Friend to many....
/^\ /^\
/ \ ) ( / \
/ \ )\(-+-)/( / \
/ )-/ 0:0 \-( \
/ ____ )--\~-~/--( ____ \
(/) +*****\/\/****(o:o)****\/\/****+ (\)
/ /)* \-/ *(\ \
(/ * Email: d...@sklee.demon.co.uk * \)
************ Djonahh's Lair: **************
* http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/3228/index.html *
* "Never underestimate the power of 'Nip..!" *

Erin J. Cashier

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96

On Sun, 24 Mar 1996, Sue Bogar wrote:

> > Heh... accomplishments... heh. Oh, and remember, I didn't get a mate by just
> > sitting around doing nothing ;) (Seems like this guy is using the Ember(tm)
> > Method (c 1995))
>

> Yeah, but Ember, you were using the Whining method, he's using the "look
> at me, i'm so cool" method, which is slightly different. Yours at least
> has a bit of a chance among certain dragonesses, though I'm still stumped
> as to why... His post was a little bit too much similar to the tone of
> the Mint Sauce Guy...
>
> > (btw, froody sig)
>
> thanks =), it's a bit too long, but hopefully that last part won't always
> have to be there...
>
> Shimmerwings aka who remembers the Mint Sauce Guy? =)

theri grins. I remember the mint sauce guy. Thank heavens for Tums!
*huggles to shim, you pineapple you ;) *
theri - mate of Narlaq, and mother of Soreth

> ---wiccan---dragon---elfkin---krynnian---philosopher---kender---artist---me---

Targaff Sarachanvator

Mar 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/24/96

Sue Bogar <sbo...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>For we are all dragons here, and we all have accomplishments just as
>cool and brave, etc. and more foten than not, those who get a mate are
^^^^^
Yeah, dragons and futons get on really well... errr, no, that's
not quite right, somehow :)

>the ones who weren't looking for one..

Targaff, apologising for not passing up a comment on a typo :)

Sue Bogar

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96

> > Shimmerwings aka who remembers the Mint Sauce Guy? =)
>
> theri grins. I remember the mint sauce guy. Thank heavens for Tums!
> *huggles to shim, you pineapple you ;) *
> theri - mate of Narlaq, and mother of Soreth

hehe =). I don't think i'll ever forget the Mint sauce guy.. that one
stays in mym memory just as fondly as whatever spammer posted the porn
that Skant replied to <sighs wistfully, and the cracks up into maniacal
laughter>

shimmerwings, perchance hoping for an interesting spam to screw with

Beth Long

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Sue Bogar wrote:

> > > Shimmerwings aka who remembers the Mint Sauce Guy? =)

I do! I do! :)

> > theri grins. I remember the mint sauce guy. Thank heavens for Tums!
> > *huggles to shim, you pineapple you ;) *
> > theri - mate of Narlaq, and mother of Soreth
>
> hehe =). I don't think i'll ever forget the Mint sauce guy.. that one
> stays in mym memory just as fondly as whatever spammer posted the porn
> that Skant replied to <sighs wistfully, and the cracks up into maniacal
> laughter>
>
> shimmerwings, perchance hoping for an interesting spam to screw with

*MWAH!* Good night everybody! <g>

Did we ever find out what that guy went well with? Was it a light pesto
or the gelatin found on Spam?

<g>
Beth Long| Mentor | "I want to ask you a political question."
ed-long@ | C&M DEP | "Yes?"
ux5.cso. | UIUC | "A question of marriage."
uiuc.edu | | "That's a political question?!?"
| | from Fiddler on the Roof

nstn5713

Mar 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/25/96
In article <827706...@sklee.demon.co.uk>, D...@sklee.demon.co.uk says...

>"Well, Mr Dragon, have you thought about the complications involved in
attaining
>a mate..? Like courting or being shy, blushing or even getting to know
members
>of the opposite sex..? Or throwing pies, jello moulds and cream at
them..?
>or chasing them round hills or biting playfully on their tails..?
or..or..OR
>EATING LEMONS AND SPITTING THE PIPS OUT AT THEM?? OR PLANTING ROTTEN
CABBAGE
>CARCASSES IN THEIR NESTS OR CALLING THEM NAMES LIKE SNUGGUMS, POOKY AND
FLUFF
>BALL..? NO..?" *Djonahh goes an even brighter red and clenches his
claws
>together as a sweat bead trickles down an eyeridge...*
>
>"OR SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE TO GET ATTENTION OR SINGING 'MY
OLE MAN'S
>A DUSTBIN' THROUGH A SEA SHELL..? *deeeeeeeep breathhhh* OR RECITING
THE
>ALPHABET BACKWARDS IN FRONT OF THEM WHILST TAPPING THE BEAT OUT WITH
YOUR TOES
>TO THE 1812 OVERTURE..? NOOOOO..? well how do you think I met
Zensis..?"

Dj suddenly feels a the gentle nip on his tail. Zensis giggles
and *SNUGGLEPOUNCES* her mate.
Giving Dj her cutest look she asks...
"Dj can you do that alphabet thing again...you look sooooo KYUTE!
when you do that.."
*giggle*

Zensis *mate* of Djonahh,
Sister of Styraco and
Aneeshka.
*Thinking of her long lost
brother*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Come to the edge," he said.
They said, "We are afraid."
"Come to the edge," he said.
They came.
He pushed them....
And they flew.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Guillaume Apollinaire'

pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
to pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us

<sbo...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
> Newsgroups: alt.fan.dragons
> Subject: Re: NEW GOLD DRAGON LOOKING FOR MATE]]]]
> From: Sue Bogar <sbo...@gl.umbc.edu>
> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 17:15:28 -0500

> <clap clap applaud>. You might not want to scream, it hurts us dragons'
> superior hearing, you know. And you might want to think a bit, for it
> seems in these parts that a dragoness looks for a mate by who they are

> inside, not by how loud they can boast. For we are all dragons here, and

> we all have accomplishments just as cool and brave, etc. and more foten

> than not, those who get a mate are te ones who weren't looking fro one..
>
> shimmerwings

---wiccan---dragon---elfkin---krynnian---philosopher---kender---artist---me---
> Come away, O human child
> To the waters and the wild Look, Raist, bunnies... ____
> With a faerie, hand in hand \|><|\
> For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand \|\ |\
>
> Freedom of Speech (1776-1996)
> It was good while it lasted. Funeral arrangements to be announced.

You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
go find someone as arrogent as you.

The Golden One (Sivlermane)

Sue Bogar

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Beth Long wrote:

> > hehe =). I don't think i'll ever forget the Mint sauce guy.. that one
> > stays in mym memory just as fondly as whatever spammer posted the porn
> > that Skant replied to <sighs wistfully, and the cracks up into maniacal
> > laughter>
> >

> Did we ever find out what that guy went well with? Was it a light pesto
> or the gelatin found on Spam?

i thought it was the gelatin found on SPAM, but i won't swear to it, i
was having server problems at the time..

shimmerwings, who thinks that would make more sense anyway..

Drachene

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
Djonahh Shiko (D...@sklee.demon.co.uk) wrote:

[...]

Shadowmuse watches this display amusedly, then, upon its completion, goes
over to *snugglehug* her friend. "I have not seen thee in the Dominance
for a great while! Tis good to find thy return!"

-- Shadowmuse

Beth Long

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:

<a lotta of snipping of Shim's mail pathway...& boy is that server tired!>

> > <clap clap applaud>. You might not want to scream, it hurts us dragons'
> > superior hearing, you know. And you might want to think a bit, for it
> > seems in these parts that a dragoness looks for a mate by who they are
> > inside, not by how loud they can boast. For we are all dragons here, and
> > we all have accomplishments just as cool and brave, etc. and more foten
> > than not, those who get a mate are te ones who weren't looking fro one..

<polite snip of Shim's neato .sig...need to put kender in mine soon...>

> You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
> said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
> Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
> live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
> the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
> I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
> go find someone as arrogent as you.
>
> The Golden One (Sivlermane)

Well...boasting is a strong term...perhaps we should say that modesty is
not a noticeable part of your visible personality? However before I get
too far...Hi! I'm Beth - mostly human, part dragon, and alot of kender
attitude <g>. Welcome to AFD. And now back to the post...
If you do not wish to fight, why talk about feasting on Shim'd flesh? I
know Quen would be upset if he came back from break & Shim was nothing
but skin & bones..literally. <g>
You know Tacky? Cool! :) I've never met her personally but I know one
of her sons. Do ya know Raistlin? *sigh* I haven't been to Krynn past
the Legends but I have been mucking around in the past... But I have
heard many vague things about what has been happening there.
Now,now...no one said anyone was arrogent. Shim was pointing out that in
the past, males who trumpeted their tributes from the HimandHeralayas of
the Dominance did not usually get mates. But *shrug* ya never know
who's out there is the mists of server time...lurking...waiting...

Well, welcome again & feel free to jump into posts or start your own :)

pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us

Mar 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/26/96

In article <4iqfp1$e...@knot.queensu.ca>, <4r...@qlink.queensu.ca> writes:

> Newsgroups: alt.fan.dragons
> Subject: Re: NEW GOLD DRAGON LOOKING FOR MATE]]]]

> From: 4r...@qlink.queensu.ca (Marks Robert B)
> Date: 21 Mar 1996 02:43:45 GMT
>
> pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:
>
> : I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND

> : HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A
MATE.
> : WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.
>

> What is your gender?
>
> Dragonmage
>
> --
> "All our kind is feared by mortals," the Shivan [Dragon] stated. "They
> hunt us out of fear, out of the fear that ignorance provides. The result
> is that when in need, few mortals will help our kind."
> -- from The Dragonquest

I am a male gold dragon. Reports of my involvement in the War of The Roses
never probably reached you. I am an expert in qhen. In other words I can
shapechange. I wish to live in peace. Takhisis is defeated. Raistalin has
disappear and is probably dead. Who cares anymore? Let us get on with our
lives and learn from the mistakes of our past.

The Golden One

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <19960326.150430...@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU>,

<pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us> wrote:

>In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960320...@umbc9.umbc.edu>,
><sbo...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:

>> Newsgroups: alt.fan.dragons
>> Subject: Re: NEW GOLD DRAGON LOOKING FOR MATE]]]]
>> From: Sue Bogar <sbo...@gl.umbc.edu>
>>

>> <clap clap applaud>. You might not want to scream, it hurts us dragons'
>> superior hearing, you know. And you might want to think a bit, for it
>> seems in these parts that a dragoness looks for a mate by who they are
>> inside, not by how loud they can boast. For we are all dragons here, and
>> we all have accomplishments just as cool and brave, etc. and more foten
>> than not, those who get a mate are te ones who weren't looking fro one..
>>
>> shimmerwings
>>

>You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
>said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
>Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
>live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
>the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
>I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
>go find someone as arrogent as you.
>
> The Golden One (Sivlermane)

"My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy
and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."

As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."

=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=
8 8
8 ^\^ Greffindel (the Plaid) 8
8 _______ /- @---\ r' Marthiclyadon 8
8 _-- _ \ C ----v 8

8 -= __/ / / C| sig #1q-- 25.03.96 8

8 \ / _/ | C| 8

8 / / | C| "Familiarity breeds contempt, but 8
8 - / | C \ without a little familiarity 8
8 /-\ | C | you can't breed anything at all." 8
8 ^^- \ |^^^^/ | --Noel Coward 8
8 ^^ | 8
8 ^^ / Three Cheers for Bear! 8
8 ^^^^^^ ---| <---| <-/ (for where?) For Bear! 8
8<<--------/ <--> <--> --Eeyore, in tribute to Pooh 8
8 8

Erin Lynn

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
>> I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
>> HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
>> WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.
>
>*Djonahh smiles and listens, which wasn't too hard, to the bold, if rather loud
> statement..*
>
>"Well, Mr Dragon, have you thought about the complications involved in attaining
>a mate..? Like courting or being shy, blushing or even getting to know members
>of the opposite sex..? Or throwing pies, jello moulds and cream at them..?
>or chasing them round hills or biting playfully on their tails..? or..or..OR
>EATING LEMONS AND SPITTING THE PIPS OUT AT THEM?? OR PLANTING ROTTEN CABBAGE
>CARCASSES IN THEIR NESTS OR CALLING THEM NAMES LIKE SNUGGUMS, POOKY AND FLUFF
>BALL..? NO..?" *Djonahh goes an even brighter red and clenches his claws
>together as a sweat bead trickles down an eyeridge...*
>
>"OR SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE TO GET ATTENTION OR SINGING 'MY OLE MAN'S
>A DUSTBIN' THROUGH A SEA SHELL..? *deeeeeeeep breathhhh* OR RECITING THE
>ALPHABET BACKWARDS IN FRONT OF THEM WHILST TAPPING THE BEAT OUT WITH YOUR TOES
>TO THE 1812 OVERTURE..? NOOOOO..? well how do you think I met Zensis..?"
>
>____
Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I
think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
licks the remains of cream pie off her face.

--Rasha the Mated Dragon

(Typis's Note: Rasha is VERY CONFUSED about mating. Would somedragon
please explain? I've tried, and she gives me the "humans can be *so*
stupid" look...)

Coruscen

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <19960326.150430...@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU>, pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us says: >You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who >said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me! >Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you >live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for >the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented >I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then >go find someone as arrogent as you. > > The Golden One (Sivlermane) It swiftly becomes obvious that some evil dragons are capable of almost suicidal stupidity. Coruscen stands as a marvellous example. "Big words--from a Gold. You do your race a great service, speaking as you do." He grins widely, his Blue heritage obvious. "You could almost be one of us..." \/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/|\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/ CORUSCEN | "Violence is a resort only when trickery, deception, blackmail, OF | guilt, alienation and character-assasination have failed. Until TIR | then, restraint leaves more survivors than combat and looks TA'ANGAIM | very much like tact." --from "Wyrm: Thoughts on the Family" \/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/|\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/\/>\/<\/ coru...@mail.utexas.edu http://www.io.com/~ksethre/theslin/

Cynthia Blanding

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96

On Sun, 24 Mar 1996, Djonahh Shiko wrote:

> In article <19960320.112333...@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU>
> pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us writes:
>

> > I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
> > HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
> > WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.
>
> *Djonahh smiles and listens, which wasn't too hard, to the bold, if rather loud
> statement..*
>
> "Well, Mr Dragon, have you thought about the complications involved in attaining
> a mate..? Like courting or being shy, blushing or even getting to know members
> of the opposite sex..? Or throwing pies, jello moulds and cream at them..?
> or chasing them round hills or biting playfully on their tails..? or..or..OR
> EATING LEMONS AND SPITTING THE PIPS OUT AT THEM?? OR PLANTING ROTTEN CABBAGE
> CARCASSES IN THEIR NESTS OR CALLING THEM NAMES LIKE SNUGGUMS, POOKY AND FLUFF
> BALL..? NO..?" *Djonahh goes an even brighter red and clenches his claws
> together as a sweat bead trickles down an eyeridge...*
>
> "OR SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE TO GET ATTENTION OR SINGING 'MY OLE MAN'S
> A DUSTBIN' THROUGH A SEA SHELL..? *deeeeeeeep breathhhh* OR RECITING THE
> ALPHABET BACKWARDS IN FRONT OF THEM WHILST TAPPING THE BEAT OUT WITH YOUR TOES
> TO THE 1812 OVERTURE..? NOOOOO..? well how do you think I met Zensis..?"

ROTFLOLWTIME!

Soreth Whitescale, adopted son of Therinth and Narlaq, using his
mother's e-mail account.

Dymus

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:

>> <clap clap applaud>. You might not want to scream, it hurts us dragons'
>> superior hearing, you know. And you might want to think a bit, for it
>> seems in these parts that a dragoness looks for a mate by who they are
>> inside, not by how loud they can boast. For we are all dragons here, and
>> we all have accomplishments just as cool and brave, etc. and more foten
>> than not, those who get a mate are te ones who weren't looking fro one..
>>
>> shimmerwings
>>

>---wiccan---dragon---elfkin---krynnian---philosopher---kender---artist---me---
>> Come away, O human child
>> To the waters and the wild Look, Raist, bunnies... ____
>> With a faerie, hand in hand \|><|\
>> For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand \|\ |\
>>
>> Freedom of Speech (1776-1996)
>> It was good while it lasted. Funeral arrangements to be announced.
>>

>You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who

>said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
>Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
>live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
>the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
>I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
>go find someone as arrogent as you.
>
> The Golden One (Sivlermane)

*Dymus hearing the newcomer reprimanding Shimmer can't help but speak
with this apparently tactless dragon*

Um, Golden One, or Silvermane if you prefer to be called such. I wish
to tell you that in general I am very slow to anger and it is difficult
to offend me, however with your last post you seem to have done both
in a short ammount of time. Shimm, had only tried to make a point that
almost every dragon here has done something sigfifigant in their lives
and that your proclaimed accomplishments sounded rather like boasting
to her. She has been here a long time, and is a very respeced and loved
dragon and your verbal abuse, I can assure you will probably not be
very well met. If you have had many accomplishments in your life, you
might want to consider posting a story about them. I know I would
rather hear a story than have somedragon yelling them at me and then
verbally abuse one of my friends for suggesting alternate methods of
introducing yourself.

And as for calling Shimmer arrogant, I can attest to her humility
and great worth as a valued friend. In berating her as you did you
have already assured me and I am sure many others in taking a
serious dislike to your personality. I'm not saying this can't be
corrected, I am just saying it didn't make a good first impression
and you may be hard pressed to make any long-lasting friends here
with that kind of attitude.

Additional note: You may want to brush up a little bit on your
spelling, it tends to make you look more intelligent, and people
(as well as dragons) might have a greater tendency to listen to
what you have to say more seriously.

Dymus the Daring
--
alp...@holly.colostate.edu
http://holly.colostate.edu/~alpine/dymus.html

Serve the rich, for the poor are tough and stringy
I'm not hyper, just lethargically challenged

Sauer, Alan Lewis

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
The silhouettes of two bots and a dragon appear at the bottom of the screen.

Disclaimer: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:
: You dare to say that I'm bosting!

Tom: Bosting?
Crow: I think it has something to do with cooking . . .
Airk: No, that's _basting._ Quiet, he's not done.

: I my friend saw the end to many a dragon

: who said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh?

All: Euuuuuuuu!
Crow: At least let her finish dying first . . . then perhaps a light white
wine sauce, with a side order of fries.

: Do not insult

: me! Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let
: you live. Do not cross me or any of my friends.

Tom: What happens if the Pope visits?

: I wish not to be

: responsible for the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since
: Takhisis was defented I do not wish to fight.

Crow: Defented?
Airk: Shaddup, it's hard to type with talons.

: If you are a follower of hers

: and wish to fight then go find someone as arrogent as you.

Seven vault doors close, and then we see Airk (sans bots).

"Seriously, my friend, you're not coming across as very humble either.
This is a place where all dragons coexist _peacefully,_ except for the
idiot in the dark tower up north there, and I'm afraid you _did_ sound
like you were boasting, which isn't generally well received anywhere.

"Now, I didn't mean to _offend_ you with the contents of this post.
Administer a lesson in humility . . . maybe. If you come here seeking
friendship as an equal, you will be received as a friend and an equal.

"And Shimmerwings wasn't kidding about the general level of heroism
around here. We've all done really neat things. We don't make a big
deal about it. Say, you want to head down to the Dragon and the George,
grab a drink or two?"

He raises an eye ridge and sits down, waiting for an answer.

---
Airkanstryll Shadowblade, night dragon
"Tay's got a really nice wine list down there . . ."

Djonahh Shiko

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4j4ung$2...@news.nstn.ca> nstn...@fox.nstn.ca "nstn5713" writes:

> Dj suddenly feels a the gentle nip on his tail. Zensis giggles
> and *SNUGGLEPOUNCES* her mate.
> Giving Dj her cutest look she asks...
> "Dj can you do that alphabet thing again...you look sooooo KYUTE!
> when you do that.."
> *giggle*

*Djonahh winces as he feels a gentle nip on his tail. Spinning round to face
the culprit, he blushes when he notices Zensis...*

"Zensis...!*SNUGGLEHUG*"

*DJ's heart melts when zensis gives him her cute look...*

"Alphabet thing...? ermmmmm...sure..errrr -

a b

d....."

Sue Bogar

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Beth Long wrote:

(my thanks to beth for replying, for i would have missed reading the
death threats against me otherwise, due to serveritis)

> > You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
> > said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!

> > Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you

> > live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for

> > the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented

> > I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then

> > go find someone as arrogent as you.
> >

> > The Golden One (Sivlermane)

Whether ye were boasting or not, I still care not for your attitude. E'en
though ye be a dragon and therefore mighty by nature, such haughtiness
does not stand well amongst other dragons, who are not intimidated by
your power, having just as much of their own. I do not wish to cross you
or your friends, i am a peaceful dragoness who wishes to cause no harm.
However, i thought that perhaps you might wish to be wise to the ways of
living here before your attitude got you in trouble. I think it would be
best if you wouldn't call me "arrogant", either, i was merely trying to
help. As for your insinuations that I follow Takhisis, I beg to inform
you that I am the sworn guardian of the elves of Krynn and elsewhere, and
a devoted follower of Paladine, the Platinum dragon. If you still wish to
take my advice as a challenge, you may do so if you will, for I am not
one to stop you. But since we are both good and dragons and neighbors in
this fair realm, I swear myself to the oath the good dragons took in the
War of the Lance, to keep peace and to keep out of your business until I
am personally attacked. I hope that is good enough for you...

Shimmerwings (and besides, who ever heard of an evil kender?)

Beth Long

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Sue Bogar wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 1996, Beth Long wrote:
>
> (my thanks to beth for replying, for i would have missed reading the
> death threats against me otherwise, due to serveritis)

No prob Shim :) That's the first notice I've heard that it got out to
anyone...

> Shimmerwings (and besides, who ever heard of an evil kender?)

Oooh! *raises hand* Me!!! I know one! The Companions...when the
minotaurs captured Tas, and gave him a potion that made him
eeeeevil...not just a regular kender..not even a bored kender(though when
they were torturing him, he got so bored of the old stuff that he gave
them new ideas..)..but even worse...an eeeeevil bored kender! Almost as
bad as a kender mage <g>

Beth (hmm...now if I was a kender mage, what robes would I wear...I look
good in white...but I look great in black...maybe blue?)

Djonahh Shiko

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4j8ubb$o...@news.gvsu.edu>
rogg...@river.it.gvsu.edu "Drachene" writes:

> Shadowmuse watches this display amusedly, then, upon its completion, goes
> over to *snugglehug* her friend. "I have not seen thee in the Dominance
> for a great while! Tis good to find thy return!"
> -- Shadowmuse

*DJ smiles and returns a shakey *snugglehug* to his friend, whilst still
keeping a nervous eye on the loud gold dragon...*

"Moosey..! *GRIN* don't tell me you saw my little flip out back there...*tut*
and us aquamarines are usually so pristine and laid back...whatever's wrong
with me..?"

Djonahh Shiko

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4jboov$1p...@yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU>
alp...@holly.colostate.edu "Dymus" writes:

<Snip>

> Additional note: You may want to brush up a little bit on your
> spelling, it tends to make you look more intelligent, and people
> (as well as dragons) might have a greater tendency to listen to
> what you have to say more seriously.
>
> Dymus the Daring
> --

*Djonahh looks solemnly at Dymus and claps him on the back..*
"Well said Dymus..."

Djonahh Shiko

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4jaf2v$6...@texas.nwlink.com> erin...@nwlink.com "Erin Lynn" writes:

> Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I
> think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
> Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
> licks the remains of cream pie off her face.

*Djonahh smiles at Rasha..*
"There are a few other rules to consider of course...but that's the general
idea. It worked for me anyway..." ;)

> --Rasha the Mated Dragon

> (Typis's Note: Rasha is VERY CONFUSED about mating. Would somedragon
> please explain? I've tried, and she gives me the "humans can be *so*
> stupid" look...)

"Oh - *that* look..! Most dragons are hatched with the instincts of how to
pull that face...don't worry about it. If you want a mate though, the best
advice I can give you is probbly to be yourself - the rest will come naturally."

Djonahh Shiko

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
In article <4ja7vj$l...@news.iastate.edu>
ipsi...@iastate.edu "Ipsifendous Archilochus" writes:

> "My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy
> and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
> again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."
> As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."

"pphhhhpfpfppfpfpfpfpttt..."
*DJ slaps a claw over his snout and tries not to burst out laughing...*

Glenn Manasco

Mar 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/27/96
Ipsifendous Archilochus wrote:

> In article <19960326.150430...@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU>,
> <pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us> wrote:
> >

> >In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960320...@umbc9.umbc.edu>,
> ><sbo...@gl.umbc.edu> writes:
> >> Newsgroups: alt.fan.dragons
> >> Subject: Re: NEW GOLD DRAGON LOOKING FOR MATE]]]]
> >> From: Sue Bogar <sbo...@gl.umbc.edu>
> >>

> >> <clap clap applaud>. You might not want to scream, it hurts us dragons'
> >> superior hearing, you know. And you might want to think a bit, for it
> >> seems in these parts that a dragoness looks for a mate by who they are
> >> inside, not by how loud they can boast. For we are all dragons here, and
> >> we all have accomplishments just as cool and brave, etc. and more foten
> >> than not, those who get a mate are te ones who weren't looking fro one..
> >>
> >> shimmerwings
> >>

> >You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
> >said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
> >Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
> >live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
> >the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
> >I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
> >go find someone as arrogent as you.
> >
> > The Golden One (Sivlermane)
> >

> "My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy
> and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
> again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."
>
> As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."
>
> =_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=_-_=
> 8 8
> 8 ^\^ Greffindel (the Plaid) 8
> 8 _______ /- @---\ r' Marthiclyadon 8
> 8 _-- _ \ C ----v 8
> 8 -= __/ / / C| sig #1q-- 25.03.96 8
> 8 \ / _/ | C| 8
> 8 / / | C| "Familiarity breeds contempt, but 8
> 8 - / | C \ without a little familiarity 8
> 8 /-\ | C | you can't breed anything at all." 8
> 8 ^^- \ |^^^^/ | --Noel Coward 8
> 8 ^^ | 8
> 8 ^^ / Three Cheers for Bear! 8
> 8 ^^^^^^ ---| <---| <-/ (for where?) For Bear! 8
> 8<<--------/ <--> <--> --Eeyore, in tribute to Pooh 8
> 8 8
> 7 __________________________________________________________________7_
> |/ \ \
> |\@ | http://www.public.iastate.edu/~ipsifend/mith/dragon.html |
> \__/__________________________________________________________________/>
> --
> ipsi...@iastate.edu*AHEM*
Albert's head pokes through a dimension door, declaring he is
still bored since Baxil's still gone. His Electrum head turns, and he
sighs.
"It has been my experience, my Dominence brothers and sisters,
that Krynn Golds tend to think that they are better than any other
dragons in existance. It seems that they pride themselves on being the
chosen color of Paladine, the god of good on Krynn. Essentially, they
are pouty old windbags who love to assert their self-appointed
privilages.
"Perhaps we should teach our new 'friend' in a manner more
becoming ourselves, teaching him that we are not at all impressed by
such displays as he has shown." A brown bag appears on the floor, and
Albert grins happily, opens the bag, and withdraws a hundred creme pies
and passes them out.
"Ready? One, two, three!" Albert's pie is the first to fly,
splattering on the nose of the gold.

Albert the suddenly bold
"Develop a unique style."

Drachene

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
: You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
: said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
: Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
: live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
: the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
: I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
: go find someone as arrogent as you.
: The Golden One (Sivlermane)

"Who *IS* this guy?" snorts 'Muse annoyedly. "If you would dare cross
him, you would be taking on half, if not all of the Dominance. Is a mate
really worth that price, especially when you don't even have any
prospects? Tis your decision, but I will be among the first to the battle."

-- Shadowmuse, resident healer, Welcome Weyr, mate of Jester?

Drachene

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Ipsifendous Archilochus (ipsi...@iastate.edu) wrote:

: "My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy

: and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
: again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."
: As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."

Shadowmuse, returning from her "discussion" with this "dragon" pauses and
happens to hear this exchange. She is soon rolling on the ground
laughing in agreement. She stops a moment, and thinks, "But I can't be
in total agreement...my fanny isn't plaid!" then resumes rolling on the
ground howling in laughter.

Drachene

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Erin Lynn (erin...@nwlink.com) wrote:

: Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I

: think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
: Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
: licks the remains of cream pie off her face.

: --Rasha the Mated Dragon

: (Typis's Note: Rasha is VERY CONFUSED about mating. Would somedragon
: please explain? I've tried, and she gives me the "humans can be *so*
: stupid" look...)

"I think it is the same thing that hoomans call "marriage" but I'm not
sure about hooman customs. It's being together with another dragon
(usually of the opposite gender) in everything. For ex: WalksFar and
Lillieth, Dj and Zensis, Firefang and Myrnnh, and what used to be Jester
and I. (Not too sure about that one anymore)

-- Shadowmuse, resident healer, Welcome Weyr, mate of Jester? <sigh>

Peter J. Stewart

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:
: >

: You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
: said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
: Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
: live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
: the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
: I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
: go find someone as arrogent as you.
:
: The Golden One (Sivlermane)

Methinks someone needs to switch to decaf ...

Narlaq
Theri's somewhat missing mate and Soreth's dad

Pete Stewart | "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"
ste...@bae.bellcore.com | - Salvor Hardin

Beth Long

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Glenn Manasco wrote:

<really BIG snip of Shim's addy and the whole reason this was replied to
the first time>

> > "My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy
> > and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
> > again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."
> >
> > As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."

ROTFL!! *sniff, wipoes tears* Thanks Greff...that just brightened my day
about 100 times <g>.

> Albert's head pokes through a dimension door, declaring he is
> still bored since Baxil's still gone. His Electrum head turns, and he
> sighs.
> "It has been my experience, my Dominence brothers and sisters,
> that Krynn Golds tend to think that they are better than any other
> dragons in existance. It seems that they pride themselves on being the
> chosen color of Paladine, the god of good on Krynn. Essentially, they
> are pouty old windbags who love to assert their self-appointed
> privilages.

How about we just remind them about Pyrite? And how Fizban acted around
golds. And (best of all!!!) the fact that a kender (and not just _any_
kender...Tasslehoff Burrfoot! :) has been carrying around a statuette
(possibly the real thing) of said golden dragon. And he's not doing
anything about it! Sides..everyone knows that if Tacky hadn't taken the
blue dragons already, Fizzy would have <g>. (J.K. <g>)

> "Perhaps we should teach our new 'friend' in a manner more
> becoming ourselves, teaching him that we are not at all impressed by
> such displays as he has shown." A brown bag appears on the floor, and
> Albert grins happily, opens the bag, and withdraws a hundred creme pies
> and passes them out.
> "Ready? One, two, three!" Albert's pie is the first to fly,
> splattering on the nose of the gold.

Ahh... a dragon after my own splutting heart.. :) Hi Albert! I'm Beth,
human Old Fruit :) I own the plushy store, which includes plushies of
all the dragons in the Dominance..along w/ a few odds and ends. <g> So
sorry I haven't said hi earlier but college seems to be interfering with
my post reading. Would you happen to be familiar with the Kender Caldron
of Infinite Custard Pies? I know I've got it in a pouch somewhere....

Dymus

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Erin Lynn <erin...@nwlink.com> wrote:

>>"OR SHOUTING AT THE TOP OF YOUR VOICE TO GET ATTENTION OR SINGING 'MY OLE MAN'S
>>A DUSTBIN' THROUGH A SEA SHELL..? *deeeeeeeep breathhhh* OR RECITING THE
>>ALPHABET BACKWARDS IN FRONT OF THEM WHILST TAPPING THE BEAT OUT WITH YOUR TOES
>>TO THE 1812 OVERTURE..? NOOOOO..? well how do you think I met Zensis..?"
>>

>>____

>Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I
>think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
>Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
>licks the remains of cream pie off her face.

*Dymus looks up* Wha?!? We're mated? When did that happen? It must
be the XX conspiracy again!

*Dymus suddenly remembering that he doesn't remember being mated looks
at Rasha and *grins* a little understanding that she doesn't quite
know what mating is just yet*

*sigh* Sorry, I was just a little shocked there, thinking I may have
just done something I dinna know about :) Ah, no, Rasha we aren't
mated this is just called friendship, and a good one at that.
Actually when dragons become mated it's between a female dragoness and
a male dragon who wish to spend their entire lives together. For a
good example just watch one of the many couples here like WalksFar and
Lillieth, or Dj and Zensis. That should give you a little more of an
idea of what it is to be mated. *grin* Hoping that helps.

>--Rasha the Mated Dragon

>(Typis's Note: Rasha is VERY CONFUSED about mating. Would somedragon
>please explain? I've tried, and she gives me the "humans can be *so*
>stupid" look...)

Note: You may want to actually listen to your typist this time *grin*

Tamlin

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In article <4jc8bt$i...@alvarez.physics.csbsju.edu>, ALS...@tiny.computing.csbsju.edu (Sauer, Alan Lewis) says:

>The silhouettes of two bots and a dragon appear at the bottom of the screen.

Ahhah..ahhah...ahhahah! Gasp! Chuckle, chuckle! ROTFL doesn't
do this justice! <Tamlin dissolves in helpless laughter...>

Drachene

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
Djonahh Shiko (D...@sklee.demon.co.uk) wrote:

: *DJ smiles and returns a shakey *snugglehug* to his friend, whilst still

: keeping a nervous eye on the loud gold dragon...*

"He's harmless. If he turns on us, I'll bite him." she laughs. "How ARE
you? I've not seen thee in the longest time!"

: "Moosey..! *GRIN* don't tell me you saw my little flip out back there...*tut*

: and us aquamarines are usually so pristine and laid back...whatever's wrong
: with me..?"

"Yes, I saw it. And do you know how long it's been since anyone's called
me Moosey? I missed thee." she says, *snugglehuggingDjagain* "I need
one of thy nip plants for my hatchlings!"

/ \
_ ) (( )) (
(@) /|\ ))_(( /|\ _
|-|`\ / | \ (/\|/\) / | \ (@)
| | ----------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\-----------|-|
|-| '^` (o o) '^` | |
| | `\ /' |-|
|-| Shadowmuse the Dragoness | |
| | Mate of Jester? |-|
|-| Local Healer | |
| | Welcome Weyr |-|
|_|________________________________________________| |
(@) l /\ / ( ( \ /\ I `\|-|
l / V \ \ V \ l (@)
l/ _) )_ \ I
`\ /'
'

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In article <4jaf2v$6...@texas.nwlink.com>,
Erin Lynn <erin...@nwlink.com> wrote:

>Djonahh Shiko <D...@sklee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>>In article <19960320.112333...@WVNVM.WVNET.EDU>
>> pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us writes:
>>

>>> I AM A PROUD AND HEROIC DRAGON. I HAVE FAUGHT IN THE WAR OF THE ROSES AND I
>>> HAVE BEEN TO THE OTHER PLANES. I AM 1800 YEARS OLD AND AM LOKKING FOR A MATE.
>>> WE WOULD LIVE AT MY CAVERNS UNDER MIRTH TARAS.
>>
>>*Djonahh smiles and listens, which wasn't too hard, to the bold, if rather loud
>> statement..*
>>
>>"Well, Mr Dragon, have you thought about the complications involved in attaining
>>a mate..? Like courting or being shy, blushing or even getting to know members
>>of the opposite sex..? Or throwing pies, jello moulds and cream at them..?

>>____
>Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I
>think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
>Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
>licks the remains of cream pie off her face.

Some *extremely* appealing images flash through Greffindel's head, which
he abruptly decides against discussing aloud. ;)

"Ummm... usually when folks around here talk about mating, they refer to
a long-term bond with one other for... companionship and/or *erm* breeding
purposes..."

>--Rasha the Mated Dragon
>
>(Typis's Note: Rasha is VERY CONFUSED about mating. Would somedragon
>please explain? I've tried, and she gives me the "humans can be *so*
>stupid" look...)

"Yup!" Greffindel surveys his human's attempts at courtship to date.
"Stupid doesn't even *begin* to describe it..." :)

Aetobatus

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
In article <4jc8bt$i...@alvarez.physics.csbsju.edu>,
Sauer, Alan Lewis <ALS...@tiny.computing.csbsju.edu> wrote:

[Interesting, uh, "commentary" removed... :>]

>The silhouettes of two bots and a dragon appear at the bottom of the screen.
>

>pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:
>: You dare to say that I'm bosting!
>
>: I my friend saw the end to many a dragon
>: who said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh?
>
>: Do not insult
>: me! Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let
>: you live. Do not cross me or any of my friends.
>
>: I wish not to be
>: responsible for the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since
>: Takhisis was defented I do not wish to fight.
>
>: If you are a follower of hers
>: and wish to fight then go find someone as arrogent as you.
>

>Seven vault doors close, and then we see Airk (sans bots).
>
>"Seriously, my friend, you're not coming across as very humble either.
>This is a place where all dragons coexist _peacefully,_ except for the
>idiot in the dark tower up north there, and I'm afraid you _did_ sound
>like you were boasting, which isn't generally well received anywhere.
>
>"Now, I didn't mean to _offend_ you with the contents of this post.
>Administer a lesson in humility . . . maybe. If you come here seeking
>friendship as an equal, you will be received as a friend and an equal.
>
>"And Shimmerwings wasn't kidding about the general level of heroism
>around here. We've all done really neat things. We don't make a big
>deal about it. Say, you want to head down to the Dragon and the George,
>grab a drink or two?"

Aeto steps forward as well, looking at the two dragons talking
politely. "I'd have to agree with those statements; we are all equals
here, none more equal than any other. Furthermore, strength, in
physical ability or magical, is nearly meaningless in this group, as
to one's acceptance. Speaking as one with but limited abilities in
that regard, I continue to have no fear, for I know that others here
will stand behind me if attacked, just as I would stand behind them.

"I consider all here friends, until they prove otherwise.
Fortunately, it is rare that any come here suceed in proving
themselves something less than a friend, and even more fortunately,
they usually don't stay long. Sit, be welcome, and be relaxed. Speak
not of what good deeds you have done, but of what you would do, and be
recieved with honor."

Aeto, doing the occasional good deed

Erin J. Cashier

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96

On 28 Mar 1996, Drachene wrote:

> Erin Lynn (erin...@nwlink.com) wrote:
>
> : Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I

> : think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
> : Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
> : licks the remains of cream pie off her face.

> : --Rasha the Mated Dragon

> : (Typis's Note: Rasha is VERY CONFUSED about mating. Would somedragon
> : please explain? I've tried, and she gives me the "humans can be *so*
> : stupid" look...)

Um, i'm gonna go out of character to explain this :), becuase
it's useful to know...
Therinth and Sithonnas first got mated on #afd, becuase they were
freinds, and out of a need for protection (theri wasn't quite as spunky
back then ;) ), becuase people on irc can be mean sometimes, and well,
Sith was always there to help :). We are still very good friends, and
confide in each other lots...there were times when i don't know what i
would have done without him.
This past summer, Sith was forced to be gone for a lot, and Theri
got remated to Narlaq (it turned out that it ws Erin, theri's typist who
loved Sith all that time, and who had gotten theri mated behind her back
etc...), so now, both of my incarnations are mated off, and both have
children...
Seriously OOC, i love both Nar and Sith a whole heck of alot,
they are some of my best friends on the planet, and it's so refreshing to
have someone who is there for you all the time. Being mated dons't mean
anything literaly in real life unless /you/ want it too....in RL my human
is fairly close to being engaged to a man, who understands my draconic
nature, and is totally cool with me having such close friends on here
being my mates. Whomever you pick to be mated with Rasha, make sure you
enjoy them as both a character on here and as a person...because being
mated can be a simpl character thing, or it can grow into a wonderful
friendship between two people. Whatever it is you wish it to be....but
make sure you have it clear between you two...you don't want to get mated
to a guy who wants a rl relationship if that's not what /you/ want.
Anyways, that's my two cents...its not nesscarily like getting
married, more like finding a bloodbrother, at least, that's how i view it.
*huggles&luck*
theri - mate of Narlaq, and mother of Soreth ...and
Erin, mate of Sithonnas, and mother of Targaff

Sue Bogar

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Djonahh Shiko wrote:

> In article <4ja7vj$l...@news.iastate.edu>
> ipsi...@iastate.edu "Ipsifendous Archilochus" writes:
>

> > "My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy
> > and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
> > again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."
> > As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."
>

> "pphhhhpfpfppfpfpfpfpttt..."
> *DJ slaps a claw over his snout and tries not to burst out laughing...*

hehehe =). that was about my reaction, too <tries to supress a giggle>.
greffindel, may i simply say that you have a way with words...

shimmerwings, who has entirely too much of a sense of humor

Sue Bogar

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Peter J. Stewart wrote:

> pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:
> : >
> : You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
> : said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
> : Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
> : live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
> : the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
> : I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
> : go find someone as arrogent as you.

> :
> : The Golden One (Sivlermane)
>
> Methinks someone needs to switch to decaf ...
>
> Narlaq
> Theri's somewhat missing mate and Soreth's dad

ROTFL!!!! Narlaq, between you, beth, and greffindel, i'm beginning to
wonder if i'll ever be able to stop laughing here... come one, before i
die of oxygen depletion =)

shim

Sue Bogar

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96
On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Beth Long wrote:

> > Shimmerwings (and besides, who ever heard of an evil kender?)
>
> Oooh! *raises hand* Me!!! I know one! The Companions...when the
> minotaurs captured Tas, and gave him a potion that made him
> eeeeevil...not just a regular kender..not even a bored kender(though when
> they were torturing him, he got so bored of the old stuff that he gave
> them new ideas..)..but even worse...an eeeeevil bored kender! Almost as
> bad as a kender mage <g>

I mean, a NATURALLY, non potion-induced honest to gods evil kender...

> Beth (hmm...now if I was a kender mage, what robes would I wear...I look
> good in white...but I look great in black...maybe blue?)

black. AND blue...

Shimmerwings, being Raistlin-esque. (actualyl, ye'd be rainbow, prolly..
a chaos mage?)

Sue Bogar

Mar 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/28/96

> >Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I
> >think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
> >Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
> >licks the remains of cream pie off her face.
>
> Some *extremely* appealing images flash through Greffindel's head, which
> he abruptly decides against discussing aloud. ;)

<Shimmerwings quickly hoses Greffindel, and just about everyone else in
the process, before something slips, especially involving cream pie>

> "Ummm... usually when folks around here talk about mating, they refer to
> a long-term bond with one other for... companionship and/or *erm* breeding
> purposes..."

> >(Typis's Note: Rasha is VERY CONFUSED about mating. Would somedragon

> >please explain? I've tried, and she gives me the "humans can be *so*
> >stupid" look...)
> >

> "Yup!" Greffindel surveys his human's attempts at courtship to date.
> "Stupid doesn't even *begin* to describe it..." :)

hehehe well, i think it's the whole nerd-dragon part that makes us
particular humans even stupider when it comes to that. of course, since
there are so many less female nerds right now, we get to be picky in who
we look completely stupid in front of ;)

shimmerwings and her typist who is too old for herself

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
In article <4jd3ag$t...@news.gvsu.edu>,
Drachene <rogg...@river.it.gvsu.edu> wrote:
>Ipsifendous Archilochus (ipsi...@iastate.edu) wrote:
>
>: "My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy

>: and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
>: again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."
>: As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."
>
>Shadowmuse, returning from her "discussion" with this "dragon" pauses and
>happens to hear this exchange. She is soon rolling on the ground
>laughing in agreement. She stops a moment, and thinks, "But I can't be
>in total agreement...my fanny isn't plaid!" then resumes rolling on the
>ground howling in laughter.
>
>-- Shadowmuse, resident healer, Welcome Weyr, mate of Jester?

Greffindel chuckles. "Well, perhaps that's just as well; otherwise, how
would I recognize mine?"

--Greffindel the plaid,
mate of no one. *sigh*
Ask not for whom the net.jerk trolls-- he trolls for thee!

--
ipsi...@iastate.edu

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
In article <Pine.Sola.3.91.96032...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu>,

Beth Long <ed-...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu> wrote:
>On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Glenn Manasco wrote:
>
><really BIG snip of Shim's addy and the whole reason this was replied to
>the first time>
>
>> > "My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy
>> > and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
>> > again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."
>> >
>> > As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."
>
>ROTFL!! *sniff, wipoes tears* Thanks Greff...that just brightened my day
>about 100 times <g>.

*comfortinghuggle* Any time. :)

>> Albert's head pokes through a dimension door, declaring he is
>> still bored since Baxil's still gone. His Electrum head turns, and he
>> sighs.
>> "It has been my experience, my Dominence brothers and sisters,
>> that Krynn Golds tend to think that they are better than any other
>> dragons in existance. It seems that they pride themselves on being the
>> chosen color of Paladine, the god of good on Krynn. Essentially, they
>> are pouty old windbags who love to assert their self-appointed
>> privilages.

Now this would seem to describe our new friend with striking precision.

>How about we just remind them about Pyrite? And how Fizban acted around
>golds. And (best of all!!!) the fact that a kender (and not just _any_
>kender...Tasslehoff Burrfoot! :) has been carrying around a statuette
>(possibly the real thing) of said golden dragon. And he's not doing
>anything about it! Sides..everyone knows that if Tacky hadn't taken the
>blue dragons already, Fizzy would have <g>. (J.K. <g>)
>

>> "Perhaps we should teach our new 'friend' in a manner more
>> becoming ourselves, teaching him that we are not at all impressed by
>> such displays as he has shown." A brown bag appears on the floor, and
>> Albert grins happily, opens the bag, and withdraws a hundred creme pies
>> and passes them out.
>> "Ready? One, two, three!" Albert's pie is the first to fly,
>> splattering on the nose of the gold.

Greffindel is tempted... *SOOOOOOO* tempted. But no. Not today, in any
case.

>Ahh... a dragon after my own splutting heart.. :) Hi Albert! I'm Beth,
>human Old Fruit :) I own the plushy store, which includes plushies of
>all the dragons in the Dominance..along w/ a few odds and ends. <g> So
>sorry I haven't said hi earlier but college seems to be interfering with
>my post reading. Would you happen to be familiar with the Kender Caldron
>of Infinite Custard Pies? I know I've got it in a pouch somewhere....
>

>Beth Long| Mentor | "I want to ask you a political question."

--Greffindel, the plaid, who eschews violence in favour of withering
sarcasm

:)
--
ipsi...@iastate.edu

G. Jones

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96

> >You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a dragon who
> >said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do not insult me!
> >Since we both are dragons and I am new in this neighborhood I will let you
> >live. Do not cross me or any of my friends. I wish not to be responsible for
> >the death of a fellow dragon if we are not at war. Since Takhisis was defented
> >I do not wish to fight. If you are a follower of hers and wish to fight then
> >go find someone as arrogent as you.
> >
> > The Golden One (Sivlermane)

A small black-red dragoness approachs the much larger gold and looks
him up and down. "Hai, you!" she yells up. "Do nae take so much on
yuirself. This realm is full o' dragons who are quite fond o' Shimmerwing,
and ye'd do best not to make threats." She pulls the corners of her mouth
down in a frown. "And I doubt any of the females here are goin' to find ye
all that attractive with such a mouth on ye. I suggest ye take yuir head
out of yuir gold plated arse and try again. Perhaps ye'll get a better
reception."

-Gwyrragedd Annwn

Glenn Manasco

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
Beth Long wrote:
<snip first part>

> > Albert's head pokes through a dimension door, declaring he is
> > still bored since Baxil's still gone. His Electrum head turns, and he
> > sighs.
> > "It has been my experience, my Dominence brothers and sisters,
> > that Krynn Golds tend to think that they are better than any other
> > dragons in existance. It seems that they pride themselves on being the
> > chosen color of Paladine, the god of good on Krynn. Essentially, they
> > are pouty old windbags who love to assert their self-appointed
> > privilages.
>

> How about we just remind them about Pyrite? And how Fizban acted around
> golds. And (best of all!!!) the fact that a kender (and not just _any_
> kender...Tasslehoff Burrfoot! :) has been carrying around a statuette
> (possibly the real thing) of said golden dragon. And he's not doing
> anything about it! Sides..everyone knows that if Tacky hadn't taken the
> blue dragons already, Fizzy would have <g>. (J.K. <g>)
>

> > "Perhaps we should teach our new 'friend' in a manner more
> > becoming ourselves, teaching him that we are not at all impressed by
> > such displays as he has shown." A brown bag appears on the floor, and
> > Albert grins happily, opens the bag, and withdraws a hundred creme pies
> > and passes them out.
> > "Ready? One, two, three!" Albert's pie is the first to fly,
> > splattering on the nose of the gold.
>

> Ahh... a dragon after my own splutting heart.. :) Hi Albert! I'm Beth,
> human Old Fruit :) I own the plushy store, which includes plushies of
> all the dragons in the Dominance..along w/ a few odds and ends. <g> So
> sorry I haven't said hi earlier but college seems to be interfering with
> my post reading. Would you happen to be familiar with the Kender Caldron
> of Infinite Custard Pies? I know I've got it in a pouch somewhere....

> <snipsig>

"Hello, hello. Don't worry about not greeting me sooner, cause I
haven't been here (so to speak) for a while. I'm actually not here now, but
I found out that I can pretend to be somewhere when I'm not, and people will
still talk to me. Anyhow, I'm still stuck somewhere with Baxil!
"Kender Caldron or Infinite Custard Pies?? Sounds marvelous, but no,
hadn't heard of it. This little thingy" he indicates his bag "is your run-of
the mill, everyday bag of holding. You wouldn't believe what I have stuck in
here!! It's as bad as a kender's pouches!
"Here, have a pie." He hand you a pie and smiles.

*snuglehugs*

Alberts

G. Jones

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96

On 28 Mar 1996, Ipsifendous Archilochus wrote:

> Some *extremely* appealing images flash through Greffindel's head, which
> he abruptly decides against discussing aloud. ;)
>

> "Ummm... usually when folks around here talk about mating, they refer to
> a long-term bond with one other for... companionship and/or *erm* breeding
> purposes..."

Gwyrragedd looks disgustingly cheerful. "And fer sex!" she announces
happily to Rasha. "Though that not be the best bit, it is an extra added
bonus." Unable to contain herself, she laughs. "Well, ye may be mated to
all those people, but it is none a' my business." Smiling widely she winks
broadly to the mating confused dragoness.

-Gwyrragedd Annwn

Dymus

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
Djonahh Shiko <D...@sklee.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <4jboov$1p...@yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU>
> alp...@holly.colostate.edu "Dymus" writes:
>
><Snip>
>> Additional note: You may want to brush up a little bit on your
>> spelling, it tends to make you look more intelligent, and people
>> (as well as dragons) might have a greater tendency to listen to
>> what you have to say more seriously.
>>
>> Dymus the Daring
>> --
>
>*Djonahh looks solemnly at Dymus and claps him on the back..*
>"Well said Dymus..."

*Dymus looks to Dj with an uncharacteristic seriousness to his
face*
I only spoke what I felt needed to be said. There is never any
need for the rudness that this dragon had expressed, especially for
one only looking for peace. It seems to me that this one was not
looking for peace at all, but a place to impress and awe the others
around him, and in getting a response he did not expect it angered
him and he felt he had to verbally abuse someone here. Only, his
target was poorly picked it seems.

>Djonahh Shiko - Mate of the byoootiful Zensis,

Dymus the Daring

Walter Daniels

Mar 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/29/96
>On Tue, 26 Mar 1996 pmcn...@access.k12.wv.us wrote:
>
><a lotta of snipping of Shim's mail pathway...& boy is that server tired!>

>> > <clap clap applaud>. You might not want to scream, it hurts us dragons'
>> > superior hearing, you know. And you might want to think a bit, for it
>> > seems in these parts that a dragoness looks for a mate by who they are
>> > inside, not by how loud they can boast. For we are all dragons here,
>> >and we all have accomplishments just as cool and brave, etc. and more
>> >foten than not, those who get a mate are te ones who weren't looking fro
>> >one..
><polite snip of Shim's neato .sig...need to put kender in mine soon...>

>> You dare to say that I'm bosting! I my friend saw the end to many a
>> >dragon who said less then that. Am I to feast on your dying flesh? Do
>> >not insult me!
<Munch> <Munch> Munch>
>> The Golden One (Sivlermane)
>
>Well...boasting is a strong term...perhaps we should say that modesty is
>not a noticeable part of your visible personality? However before I get
>too far...Hi! I'm Beth - mostly human, part dragon, and alot of kender
>attitude <g>. Welcome to AFD. And now back to the post...
>If you do not wish to fight, why talk about feasting on Shim'd flesh?
<Munch>
>Well, welcome again & feel free to jump into posts or start your own :)

>Beth Long| Mentor | "I want to ask you a political question."
>ed-long@ | C&M DEP | "Yes?"
>ux5.cso. | UIUC | "A question of marriage."
>uiuc.edu | | "That's a political question?!?"
> | | from Fiddler on the Roof

I would also take such actions ill.<growled the voice from mid air> My
name is Lurk, and I'm a Stealth Dragon, so you'll not know when I'm around.
Due to my nature I do not mingle much, but I hold Ladies of _all_ Species in
high esteem. She has but said the truth, by calling your actions boastful.
Here we tend to judge by actions not statements. In the long centuries since
I became a Stealth Dragon, I have seen a few real and many would be heroes.
The real have rarely needed to talk of what they were. They did only what
needed doing, when it was needed. Shadowmuse, one of our healers, is one I
would call such.

I cannot speak for finding a mate, as being unable to be seen at all,
makes social occasions difficult for me. However, the female of our species
_seems_ to prefer the quieter type (Beth stop giggling like that, he _might_
believe it). Most of us are peaceable types given to jokes rather than
fighting, but we will if needed.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
LURK the STEALTH DRAGON :}
Purveyor of fine beverage containment devices with custom graphic images.
Custom orders cheerfully done of 1 to 100, with no minimum order.
For info contact: fbng...@indy.net HTTP://COMING SOON
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.96032...@umbc9.umbc.edu>,

Sue Bogar <sbo...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>On Wed, 27 Mar 1996, Djonahh Shiko wrote:
>
>> In article <4ja7vj$l...@news.iastate.edu>
>> ipsi...@iastate.edu "Ipsifendous Archilochus" writes:
>>
>> > "My, aren't we a charmer. Perceptive, too! Such a zenith of diplomacy
>> > and grace are scarcely seen in these parts. You, sir, are a credit,
>> > again, a credit, nay, a credit to dragonhood."
>> > As he walks away, he mutters "My plaid fanny."

?DDDDguA|`f"8tFq,o19s[W>> "pphhhhpfpfppfpfpfpfpttt..."

>> *DJ slaps a claw over his snout and tries not to burst out laughing...*
>
>hehehe =). that was about my reaction, too <tries to supress a giggle>.
>greffindel, may i simply say that you have a way with words...

*greffles* "You are too kind... :)"

>shimmerwings, who has entirely too much of a sense of humor

*Never! There's no such thing...*

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
>> >Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I
>> >think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
>> >Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
>> >licks the remains of cream pie off her face.
>>
>> Some *extremely* appealing images flash through Greffindel's head, which
>> he abruptly decides against discussing aloud. ;)
>
><Shimmerwings quickly hoses Greffindel, and just about everyone else in
>the process, before something slips, especially involving cream pie>

"Fffbblubb Fblubberbl! I'm WET! I'm WET and I'm HYSTERICAL!"

>> "Yup!" Greffindel surveys his human's attempts at courtship to date.
>> "Stupid doesn't even *begin* to describe it..." :)
>
>hehehe well, i think it's the whole nerd-dragon part that makes us
>particular humans even stupider when it comes to that. of course, since
>there are so many less female nerds right now, we get to be picky in who
>we look completely stupid in front of ;)

"Yes," he says, rather unpleasantly. "The fact had not escaped me..."

>shimmerwings and her typist who is too old for herself
>---wiccan---dragon---elfkin---krynnian---philosopher---kender---artist---me---
>Come away, O human child
>To the waters and the wild Look, Raist, bunnies... ____
>With a faerie, hand in hand \|><|\
>For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand \|\ |\
>
> Freedom of Speech (1776-1996)
> It was good while it lasted. Funeral arrangements to be announced.

-Greffindel and his typist, who is trapped in a dimension where the
mate-hunting is exceptionally bad.

Peter J. Stewart

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
Erin J. Cashier (ejc...@tam2000.tamu.edu) wrote:

: On 28 Mar 1996, Drachene wrote:

: > Erin Lynn (erin...@nwlink.com) wrote:
: >
: > : Rasha nods happily. "Oh, now I understand all this mating business. I
: > : think I'm mated with Greffindell, and Dymus, and possibly Golden
: > : Princess. Mating is a lot more fun than I had thought!" Rasha grins and
: > : licks the remains of cream pie off her face.

: > : --Rasha the Mated Dragon
: > : (Typis's Note: Rasha is VERY CONFUSED about mating. Would somedragon

: > : please explain? I've tried, and she gives me the "humans can be *so*
: > : stupid" look...)

: >

: Um, i'm gonna go out of character to explain this :), becuase

Now that its been explained, can someone *please* update the census? It
still has Theri listed as mated to Sith ...

Narlaq
Theri's mate, Soreth's dad

BuRaTh8519

Mar 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/30/96
In article <4jinmr$p...@news.iastate.edu>, ipsi...@iastate.edu
(Ipsifendous Archilochus) writes:

>"Fffbblubb Fblubberbl! I'm WET! I'm WET and I'm HYSTERICAL!"

I guess that it could be worse,you could be HERsterical instead! Smile,
you look more evil and viscious that way!!<GRIN> that could frighten
children and does! But the worst has OURsterical!
a punished
Burath

Sue Bogar

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96

> > I mean, a NATURALLY, non potion-induced honest to gods evil kender...
>
> Oh...well then...nope :p But you never know....a kender might think it'd
> be an adventure to be evil for awhile :)

that's truee.. don't get any ideas from it, however ;)

> > > Beth (hmm...now if I was a kender mage, what robes would I wear...I look
> > > good in white...but I look great in black...maybe blue?)
> >
> > black. AND blue...
>

> Oooooo...interesting combo...

Raistlin's humor always WAS wasted on kenders, you know that? ;)

> > Shimmerwings, being Raistlin-esque. (actualyl, ye'd be rainbow, prolly..
> > a chaos mage?)
>

> Doh! Of course! Kenders are by nature chaotic...<g> But does that
> mean Shai might be a chaotic mage? :) Wait till BB hears about it.. <g>

hehehe =). No, just that most chaos mages would be rainbow-robed on
krynn, not that all rainbow things are chaos mages... kinda like all
golds are dragons, but not all dragons are golds... Oh, never mind...

Shimmerwings, beginning to realise why raist acted the way he did to the
kenders now...

Sue Bogar

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
On Sun, 24 Mar 1996, Targaff Sarachanvator wrote:

> >For we are all dragons here, and we all have accomplishments just as
> >cool and brave, etc. and more foten than not, those who get a mate are

> ^^^^^
> Yeah, dragons and futons get on really well... errr, no, that's
> not quite right, somehow :)

hehehe =). I fixed that in my responses to the post, so i think most of
the quotes of this are correct now, but I see someone caught that =). I
thought the same thing, the first time I noticed I had written that...
about ten nanoseconds after i posted it, actually (don't ye hate that?)

> Targaff, apologising for not passing up a comment on a typo :)

hehe =) don't worry about it.. i'm beginning to wonder about my typing
skills when Quen isn't here to complain about them ;)

shimmerwings aka what other dragon would comment on an upcoming typo in
the script during his own wedding ;)

'Auryanne' H Riesen

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96

On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Erin J. Cashier wrote:

> being my mates. Whomever you pick to be mated with Rasha, make sure you
> enjoy them as both a character on here and as a person...because being
> mated can be a simpl character thing, or it can grow into a wonderful
> friendship between two people. Whatever it is you wish it to be....but
> make sure you have it clear between you two...you don't want to get mated
> to a guy who wants a rl relationship if that's not what /you/ want.
> Anyways, that's my two cents...its not nesscarily like getting
> married, more like finding a bloodbrother, at least, that's how i view it.

*AHEM!!*

(little gold dragoness "ahems" loudly)

A few of us...call us crazy...actually DO love
our mates, in what here is referred to as "RL"...
And find it a little disturbing that most folks
here see it as some sort of game. Seeing the beauty
of the love of two dragons reduced to this role-
playing is very frustrating...

> *huggles&luck*
> theri - mate of Narlaq, and mother of Soreth ...and
> Erin, mate of Sithonnas, and mother of Targaff

Jus' tossing another opinion onto the fire }:)

(resume lurking)

Auryanne the Radiant
-Dragon Ascending to the Heavens-

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
I am not at all as small * I look handsome, I look smart/
as I look from the outside... * I am a walking work of art...
*
aury...@u.washington.edu * -Joseph & the Amazing
http://weber.u.washington.edu/~auryanne Technicolor Dreamcoat
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*+*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
I scream in silence; Bad is Good and Good is Bad, Sacred is Profane...
And it's wiser to be mad, in a world that's gone insane...
-Jekyll and Hyde

G. Jones

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96

On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, 'Auryanne' H Riesen wrote:

> *AHEM!!*
>
> (little gold dragoness "ahems" loudly)
>
> A few of us...call us crazy...actually DO love
> our mates, in what here is referred to as "RL"...
> And find it a little disturbing that most folks
> here see it as some sort of game. Seeing the beauty
> of the love of two dragons reduced to this role-
> playing is very frustrating...
>

> Jus' tossing another opinion onto the fire }:)
>
> (resume lurking)
>

> Auryanne the Radiant
> -Dragon Ascending to the Heavens-

*erm, excuse me*

A little black red dragoness raises her claw, then melds into a short,
stocky human with longish black hair.

"Okay, here's my two cents. Roleplaying love is not a
reduction....roleplaying covers a variety of topics, meant for enjoyment.
I consider roleplaying love a rather harmless form of flirting, or even
more innocent, as long as both parties are not decieving the other. If
you're not trying to convince the other person you really ARE in love with
them 9when you're not of course, if you really are it's another matter),
then I don't see alot of harm. I've been roleplaying for quite a few years
now, and a good game covers everything from maddening, frightening
violence to the deepest of true romance. I see this sort of free form
roleplaying as not too different. In a controlled environment it can be
alot of fine. I vicariously experience the joy of romance in books with
the characters I learn to care about, why shouldn't someone do it on the
net?" She stops for a breath.

"Okay, I know I'm going on, but of course, I'm highly defensive as I am
roleplaying a romance out here, just for fun. I see it in no way lessening
real life relationships." She smiles crookedly and shrugs broad shoulders.
"Of course, your opinion is as equally relevant as mine, I just gotta try
and not look like a scumbag in your eyes!" She looks hopeful, then shrugs
again.

-Gwynedd Jones, better known as the dragoness with the unpronounceable
name, Gwyrragedd Annwn

Dymus

Mar 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/31/96
In article <4jfls7$r...@news.iastate.edu>, ipsi...@iastate.edu says...

>--Greffindel, the plaid, who eschews violence in favour of withering
> sarcasm

*grin* In my experience that seems to be the best method of doing
so :) Much less effort too.

>:)
>--
>ipsi...@iastate.edu

Drachene

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
Ipsifendous Archilochus (ipsi...@iastate.edu) wrote:

: Greffindel chuckles. "Well, perhaps that's just as well; otherwise, how
: would I recognize mine?"

"Ummm, good question." she laughs.

: --Greffindel the plaid,

: mate of no one. *sigh*

"Don't feel bad, I am starting to sympathize."

/ \
_ ) (( )) (
(@) /|\ ))_(( /|\ _
|-|`\ / | \ (/\|/\) / | \ (@)
| | ----------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\-----------|-|
|-| '^` (o o) '^` | |
| | `\ /' |-|
|-| Shadowmuse the Dragoness | |

Drachene

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
G. Jones (gwj...@u.washington.edu) wrote:

: A small black-red dragoness approachs the much larger gold and looks

: him up and down. "Hai, you!" she yells up. "Do nae take so much on
: yuirself. This realm is full o' dragons who are quite fond o' Shimmerwing,
: and ye'd do best not to make threats." She pulls the corners of her mouth
: down in a frown. "And I doubt any of the females here are goin' to find ye
: all that attractive with such a mouth on ye. I suggest ye take yuir head
: out of yuir gold plated arse and try again. Perhaps ye'll get a better
: reception."

"Phlbbbbt!" *snicker* *giggle* *howling laughter* "Go get 'im Gwyrr!"
yells Sh'muse from her place rolling on the ground laughing, both claws
clapped over her snout.

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
In article <4jksff$g...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

Oh, dear... Here comes the still-dripping-slightly plaid dragon...

"Does and children? THEIR-stare-icle frightens me!"

--Greffindel the Plaid

/\/ \/ \/\ "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
/ ( O O ) \ Eeyore shook his head from side to side.
/ */\_/\_/\__\_ "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem
/ *( o \ to have felt all how for a long time."
|*\ --v-v-v-v | --A. A. Milne.
\*\==\
\*\==\ "If wishes had wheels, we could roll them out of the way."
.sig |*|==| -anon.
V2.0 |*|==|
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~ipsifend/mith/dragons.html

--
ipsi...@iastate.edu

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
In article <Pine.Sola.3.91.96033...@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu>,
Beth Long <ed-...@ux5.cso.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>> >ROTFL!! *sniff, wipoes tears* Thanks Greff...that just brightened my day
>> *comfortinghuggle* Any time. :)
><g> Thanks :) *hugback*

>> --Greffindel, the plaid, who eschews violence in favour of withering
>> sarcasm
>
>But it hard to get some people to understand sarcasm...a pie in the face
>is easy to understand <g>

Aah, but are they *truly* worthy? ;)

>Beth Long| Mentor | "I want to ask you a political question."
>ed-long@ | C&M DEP | "Yes?"
>ux5.cso. | UIUC | "A question of marriage."
>uiuc.edu | | "That's a political question?!?"
> | | from Fiddler on the Roof

--Greffindel the Plaid

/\/ \/ \/\ "Would it save you any trouble if I just went mad now?"
/ ( O O ) \ Arthur Dent, _HHG_, DNA.

/ */\_/\_/\__\_

/ *( o \ "What a depressingly stupid machine."
|*\ --v-v-v-v | Marvin, to the Frogstar Robot, _RAEOU_, DNA
\*\==\
\*\==\ "Is it mcuh farther, Papa Smurf?"
.sig |*|==| "Not far now." --You know who.

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
In article <4jnmb9$e...@news.gvsu.edu>,

Drachene <rogg...@river.it.gvsu.edu> wrote:
>Ipsifendous Archilochus (ipsi...@iastate.edu) wrote:
>

>: --Greffindel the plaid,
>: mate of no one. *sigh*
>
>"Don't feel bad, I am starting to sympathize."

Thanks. :) Maybe we should start a support group...

> / \
> _ ) (( )) (
>(@) /|\ ))_(( /|\ _
>|-|`\ / | \ (/\|/\) / | \ (@)
>| | ----------/--|-voV---\`|'/--Vov-|--\-----------|-|
>|-| '^` (o o) '^` | |
>| | `\ /' |-|
>|-| Shadowmuse the Dragoness | |
>| | |-|
>|-| Local Healer | |
>| | Welcome Weyr |-|
>|_|________________________________________________| |
>(@) l /\ / ( ( \ /\ I `\|-|
> l / V \ \ V \ l (@)
> l/ _) )_ \ I
> `\ /'

I like this .sig. Here's my new one:> '

--Greffindel the Plaid

/\/ \/ \/\
/ ( O O ) \ With lots of space for amusing quotations,
/ */\_/\_/\__\_ though since this is the 19th hour of my day
/ *( o \ today I'm unlikely to think of any more really good
|*\ --v-v-v-v | ones.
\*\==\
\*\==\
.sig |*|==|

Beth Long

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
On Fri, 29 Mar 1996, Glenn Manasco wrote:

<really big snip>

> > Ahh... a dragon after my own splutting heart.. :) Hi Albert! I'm Beth,
> > human Old Fruit :) I own the plushy store, which includes plushies of
> > all the dragons in the Dominance..along w/ a few odds and ends. <g> So
> > sorry I haven't said hi earlier but college seems to be interfering with
> > my post reading. Would you happen to be familiar with the Kender Caldron
> > of Infinite Custard Pies? I know I've got it in a pouch somewhere....
> > <snipsig>
>
> "Hello, hello. Don't worry about not greeting me sooner, cause I
> haven't been here (so to speak) for a while. I'm actually not here now, but
> I found out that I can pretend to be somewhere when I'm not, and people will
> still talk to me. Anyhow, I'm still stuck somewhere with Baxil!

<g> Don't worry about it :) Around here, everyone's in about 3 places
at once :) Narlaq and Styraco are still stuck in a tv somewhere....

> "Kender Caldron or Infinite Custard Pies?? Sounds marvelous, but no,
> hadn't heard of it. This little thingy" he indicates his bag "is your run-of
> the mill, everyday bag of holding. You wouldn't believe what I have stuck in
> here!! It's as bad as a kender's pouches!

<g>

> "Here, have a pie." He hand you a pie and smiles.
>
> *snuglehugs*

*hug* Welcome again & thanks for the pie! :)

Beth Long| Mentor | "I want to ask you a political question."
ed-long@ | C&M DEP | "Yes?"
ux5.cso. | UIUC | "A question of marriage."
uiuc.edu | | "That's a political question?!?"
| | from Fiddler on the Roof

Beth Long

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
On 29 Mar 1996, Walter Daniels wrote:

<snip of mostly my stuff>

> I would also take such actions ill.<growled the voice from mid air> My
> name is Lurk, and I'm a Stealth Dragon, so you'll not know when I'm around.
> Due to my nature I do not mingle much, but I hold Ladies of _all_ Species in
> high esteem. She has but said the truth, by calling your actions boastful.
> Here we tend to judge by actions not statements. In the long centuries since
> I became a Stealth Dragon, I have seen a few real and many would be heroes.
> The real have rarely needed to talk of what they were. They did only what
> needed doing, when it was needed. Shadowmuse, one of our healers, is one I
> would call such.

*whistle* Ya tell em, Lurk! :)

> I cannot speak for finding a mate, as being unable to be seen at all,
> makes social occasions difficult for me. However, the female of our species
> _seems_ to prefer the quieter type (Beth stop giggling like that, he _might_
> believe it). Most of us are peaceable types given to jokes rather than
> fighting, but we will if needed.

But since they can't see you, Lurk, they can't complain about looks :).
*Beth stops giggling..."Whoops...sorry :)"* <g> Thanks for the back-up,
Lurk :) *hug*

Beth Long

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96

Awwww.... :p

> > > black. AND blue...
> >
> > Oooooo...interesting combo...
>
> Raistlin's humor always WAS wasted on kenders, you know that? ;)

But he liked us the best! :) (And the scary thing is that I just now got
that line... :)

> > > Shimmerwings, being Raistlin-esque. (actualyl, ye'd be rainbow, prolly..
> > > a chaos mage?)
> >
> > Doh! Of course! Kenders are by nature chaotic...<g> But does that
> > mean Shai might be a chaotic mage? :) Wait till BB hears about it.. <g>
>
> hehehe =). No, just that most chaos mages would be rainbow-robed on
> krynn, not that all rainbow things are chaos mages... kinda like all
> golds are dragons, but not all dragons are golds... Oh, never mind...

Ahhh... :)

> Shimmerwings, beginning to realise why raist acted the way he did to the
> kenders now...

Really? I never could figure out why.. <g>

Beth Long

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96
On 31 Mar 1996, Dragonheart wrote:

> >>ROTFL!! *sniff, wipoes tears* Thanks Greff...that just brightened my day
>

> Dragonheart pokes his head in in time to catch the comments and starts to
> cackle in glee _ " A right good response Grif; that really is the way to
> treat overweaning newbies - they generally calm down once they find that we
> aren't impressed by arragance - we all plenty of that ourselves!"

<pie snip>

> On three DH lets go with all 5 pies - managing to smear the gold's chest and
> face in splattered cream pies.

Beth hands DH the prize from her booth - a DH plushy for hitting him the
most in one try.

> >>Ahh... a dragon after my own splutting heart.. :) Hi Albert! I'm Beth,
> >>human Old Fruit :)
>

> <SNIP>

> >> Would you happen to be familiar with the Kender Caldron
> >>of Infinite Custard Pies? I know I've got it in a pouch somewhere....
>

> Well don't just stand there girl get that thing out we may need it! (and a
> quick huggle from another old fruit!)

"I found it! It was in Doorslam's pouch...*pulls it up* Now when I
open this it'll fill w/ whatever pies we need...and keep going till the
magic words are said...umm, the magic words...I don't know them. :)
*huggle backto DH :) *

Sue Bogar

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96

> A few of us...call us crazy...actually DO love
> our mates, in what here is referred to as "RL"...
> And find it a little disturbing that most folks
> here see it as some sort of game. Seeing the beauty
> of the love of two dragons reduced to this role-
> playing is very frustrating...

Well, I hardly think Theri is calling it a game... I don't considerf
finding a brother in soul a game, either. But you're right, some (and
usually the most happy) of the matings here are of love. Then there are
the roleplaying ones that I complain about when talking of how the
dominance in the "good old days" was so different... there's also the
confused ones, where one finds it too hard to admit they've fallen for
someone they'll likely not meet for years, if ever......

> Jus' tossing another opinion onto the fire }:)

maybe this one'll get rez to post ;)

> aury...@u.washington.edu * -Joseph & the Amazing

shim

'Auryanne' H Riesen

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Sue Bogar wrote:

> Well, I hardly think Theri is calling it a game... I don't considerf

No, not calling it, but participating in it..
Not her exclusively of course, not meaning to say that.

> finding a brother in soul a game, either. But you're right, some (and

Nor do I, but I do think confusing "brother" with
"mate" may be a mistake. Of course, your mate
is your soulmate, if he/she is truly your mate...*shrug*

> maybe this one'll get rez to post ;)

Heh heh, c'mon someone! BAck me up here!! :)

Auryanne the Radiant
-Dragon Ascending to the Heavens-

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

I am not at all as small * I look handsome, I look smart/
as I look from the outside... * I am a walking work of art...
*

aury...@u.washington.edu * -Joseph & the Amazing

http://weber.u.washington.edu/~auryanne Technicolor Dreamcoat
*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*+*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
I scream in silence; Bad is Good and Good is Bad, Sacred is Profane...
And it's wiser to be mad, in a world that's gone insane...
-Jekyll and Hyde

Sue Bogar

Apr 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/1/96

> > > Oh...well then...nope :p But you never know....a kender might think it'd
> > > be an adventure to be evil for awhile :)
> >
> > that's truee.. don't get any ideas from it, however ;)
>
> Awwww.... :p

<shimmerwings makes a mental note to keep checking Beth's alignment....

> > > Oooooo...interesting combo...
> >
> > Raistlin's humor always WAS wasted on kenders, you know that? ;)
>
> But he liked us the best! :) (And the scary thing is that I just now got
> that line... :)

LOL! Are you serious? I think that rather explains the why-he-acted-like
that-around-kenders bit, too, somehow ;) <snuggles>

shimmerwings aka say hi to Doorslam for me, will ye?

Rezlynn

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.96040...@umbc9.umbc.edu>,
sbo...@gl.umbc.edu says...

>maybe this one'll get rez to post ;)

I heard that! :) Okay, okay... lemme finish reading the articles, though. :)
I'd hate to *consiously* waste bandwidth. ;)

-- Rez, the I-post-every-few-months dragon :)

Beth Long

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96

> > > that's truee.. don't get any ideas from it, however ;)
> >
> > Awwww.... :p
>
> <shimmerwings makes a mental note to keep checking Beth's alignment....

While you're at it, can you check the oil too? I keep feeling I'm a
quart low on sleep....

> > > Raistlin's humor always WAS wasted on kenders, you know that? ;)
> >
> > But he liked us the best! :) (And the scary thing is that I just now got
> > that line... :)
>
> LOL! Are you serious? I think that rather explains the why-he-acted-like
> that-around-kenders bit, too, somehow ;) <snuggles>

Yes I'm serious...blushing but serious <g> After all, can you think of
anyone else who would put up w/ two kender companions in a lifetime
(sides Caramon?) and not turn them into toads, or slugs, or politicians?
:)

> shimmerwings aka say hi to Doorslam for me, will ye?

Ok..."Hey DS! Shimm says 'Hi!!!' *wave*" <g>

Peter J. Stewart

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
[Shanarra is still having problems with her server and asked me to forward
this along to everyone -- Narlaq]

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Sue Bogar wrote:

> > A few of us...call us crazy...actually DO love
> > our mates, in what here is referred to as "RL"...
> > And find it a little disturbing that most folks
> > here see it as some sort of game. Seeing the beauty
> > of the love of two dragons reduced to this role-
> > playing is very frustrating...
>

> Well, I hardly think Theri is calling it a game... I don't considerf

> finding a brother in soul a game, either. But you're right, some (and

> usually the most happy) of the matings here are of love. Then there are
> the roleplaying ones that I complain about when talking of how the
> dominance in the "good old days" was so different... there's also the
> confused ones, where one finds it too hard to admit they've fallen for
> someone they'll likely not meet for years, if ever......

**Shanarra speaks up...**

This is likely just one more dragoness's opinion in the fire, as Aury so
aptly put it, but having stood on both sides of the debate here, I had to
toss my 2 cents in.

I agree with Shimmer, that finding a soulmate is no laughing matter. I
met mine here; someone who, despite distance and nationality and even an
age difference of 13 years, *understands* me. Anyone who doesn't know my
RL-story may not appreciate the value of that, but trust me, folks, there
is nothing like it. Not even falling in love; there are some things that
can be shared with a soulmate that can't even be shared with a lover or a
spouse.

> > Jus' tossing another opinion onto the fire }:)
>

> maybe this one'll get rez to post ;)
>

> > aury...@u.washington.edu * -Joseph & the Amazing
>

> shim

To add to the complexity...

My now ex-mate and I did fall for each other in RL. I think I may
have mentioned that when we first announced our mating. To be perfectly
truthful, the reason we are no longer mates here is because we are no
longer mates in RL, either. I heartily congratulate those who have met
here, fallen in love, and mated in both the mundane real world and this
little corner of heaven we call AFD, I really do -- because you're more
fortunate than I.

What happened between the man you know as Sir Roland or Gilgar and me
is...difficult to talk about. It was difficult even when we were most in
love. Oddly enough, one of AFD's greatest assets -- its ability to bring
together people/dragons/creatures from all over -- is, in some cases,
also one of its most frustrating features. Sir Roland and I were
thousands of miles apart. Oh, we communicated frequently via e-mail and
telephone, but a long-distance relationship is HARD. I thought I knew
what I was getting into, and what it was actually like was far worse than
I could ever have imagined. We talked about meeting, visiting, perhaps
even one of us moving to where the other was, but (as usual with dreams)
money intervened. So I never even met him in person. And, in the end,
there were just too many obstacles and not enough love to overcome them.
So the conclusion you might perhaps draw here is that while RL matings
among AFD's residents do go on, they are not always as successful as
those of us involved might wish. But if you ARE lucky enough to find your
mate here, and you can make it work, then more power to you.

AFD's magic is in the way it can provide companionship and support -- of
whatever kind. So whether your mating is RL or not, treasure it, but
remember your friends, too. I cannot tell you how much of a sanctuary AFD
and the friends I've found here have been.

*BIGSNUGGLEHUGSFORALLMYFRIENDSANDADOPTEDFAMILY*

And a *SPECIALSNUGGLEHUGFORKORRATH* for being there to listen, and
helping me heal enough to talk about all of this...

Shanarra (who will shut up now :)

+--------------------------+-----------------------------------------+
| Shanarra Windrider | "There are places I have not seen, |
| , , | Valaba. I would feel their suns upon my |
| \\ \\ | face, the brine of their seas upon my |
| ) \\ \\ I-- | lips. There are too many horizons, and |
| ) )) )) / * \ | too many dreams of what may lie beyond |
| \ || || / /^=" | those horizons." |
| ,__ _\ \\ --/ / | "What are you seeking, Kerbouchard?" |
| < \\___/ ' | "Must one seek something? I seek to |
| '===\ ___, ) | be seeking, as I learn to be learning. |
| \ )___/\\ | Each book is an adventure as is each |
| / / '" | day's horizon." |
| \ \ | |
| '" | -- Louis L'Amour, *The Walking Drum* |
| LDEN...@uwyo.edu | |
+--------------------------+-----------------------------------------+

Rezlynn

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
In article <4j4lgh$754...@salford.ac.uk>, mlh...@news.salford.ac.uk says...

>In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960320...@umbc9.umbc.edu>,

> Sue Bogar <sbo...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>>For we are all dragons here, and we all have accomplishments just as
>>cool and brave, etc. and more foten than not, those who get a mate are
> ^^^^^
> Yeah, dragons and futons get on really well... errr, no, that's
>not quite right, somehow :)

What? As far as I know, dragons and futons get along just fine }:)

(inside joke, sorry ;)

-- Rez, making more posts in two days than in the last nine months ;)

34N...@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96
In article
<Pine.A32.3.92a.960331...@homer21.u.washington.edu>,
gwj...@u.washington.edu says...

>On Sun, 31 Mar 1996, 'Auryanne' H Riesen wrote:
>

>> *AHEM!!*
>>
>> (little gold dragoness "ahems" loudly)

:)

>> A few of us...call us crazy...actually DO love
>> our mates, in what here is referred to as "RL"...
>> And find it a little disturbing that most folks
>> here see it as some sort of game. Seeing the beauty
>> of the love of two dragons reduced to this role-
>> playing is very frustrating...
>>
>> Jus' tossing another opinion onto the fire }:)
>
> *erm, excuse me*
>
> A little black red dragoness raises her claw, then melds into a short,
>stocky human with longish black hair.
>
> "Okay, here's my two cents. Roleplaying love is not a
>reduction....roleplaying covers a variety of topics, meant for enjoyment.
>I consider roleplaying love a rather harmless form of flirting, or even
>more innocent, as long as both parties are not decieving the other.

I think the problem comes in with the idea of the word "mate," or "love" -- y
many of the roleplaying mates here call themselves mates and say they love
each other. So, given that, what are dragons who actually are offline
mates supposed to say? If I said that I was Aury's mate, I'm sure nobody
would even give it a second thought. Or if I said that I loved her (as
any good mate would :), nobody would assume anything offline was implicated
by that statement. So, in a sense, it doesn't intentionally "reduce" those
of us with real mate relationships, but it kind of does reduce the significance
of the word "love" or "mate" when it's used the same way by people who just
play the part.

> If
>you're not trying to convince the other person you really ARE in love with
>them 9when you're not of course, if you really are it's another matter),
>then I don't see alot of harm. I've been roleplaying for quite a few years
>now, and a good game covers everything from maddening, frightening
>violence to the deepest of true romance. I see this sort of free form
>roleplaying as not too different.

No offense, but I'd really be skeptical of somebody who claims to know "the
deepest of true romance" from roleplaying ;)

>[...]

> "Okay, I know I'm going on, but of course, I'm highly defensive as I am
>roleplaying a romance out here, just for fun. I see it in no way lessening
>real life relationships.

Well, I may be defensive because I'm *not* roleplaying in the relationship
I have. :) And as I said, it doesn't "lessen" the actual relationships, it
just uses the same words as those with serious relationships do, but in
more lighthearted, non-serious ways.

Not to drag this out *too* much more ;), but I think the point of Aury's
post was overlooked here. I think the point was that the whole concept
of mating was looked at as less than serious... a game. Many dragons
don't see it that way at all, but an increasing number (from what I've
seen) get mated for the wrong reasons... get ""mated"" for the wrong
reasons -- not because they love somebody or even like somebody, but just
because it's a neat thing to do. Regardless of whether role-playing
contributes to this, there are a *lot* of matings going on, and for mates
who extend their relationships offline, well, obviously I take my mate
seriously, and I always have. Note also that Aury didn't say matings were
reduced *by* this role-playing, but reduced *to* this role-playing. The love
between mates is indeed a truly beautiful thing, and it rubs me the wrong way
when it's not taken seriously, as well. I guess the counter argument is that
it's just a newsgroup and it's not supposed to be taken seriously. (though I'm
also tempted to say that a lot of people take it seriously, given all the
trouble with #afd a while back). And don't take that the wrong way, anybody,
it's not my business how other people feel about mates, just my opinion. I w
know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I just wanted to stand up and
be counted among those old-fashioned types who still think that a mate is some-
body you actually have feelings for. So, "call me crazy," that's how I feel.

-- Rez, calling himself crazy, especially about Aury ;)
(see what happens when I start posting? ;)

PS: Sorry about the 80 column lines... I had to post this on a different
system :P I'll keep an eye on it next time ;)

G. Jones

Apr 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/2/96

Gwyrragedd stops, takes a breath, and looks over at 'Muse. her long
snout breaking into a grin. "Well, the wee lad was awfully rude, don't ye
think?" She breaks into a low rolling laugh, then eyes the large gold
again, suspiciously.

-Gwyrragedd Annwn

Dymus

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
'Auryanne' H Riesen <aury...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Mar 1996, Erin J. Cashier wrote:

>> being my mates. Whomever you pick to be mated with Rasha, make sure you
>> enjoy them as both a character on here and as a person...because being
>> mated can be a simpl character thing, or it can grow into a wonderful
>> friendship between two people. Whatever it is you wish it to be....but
>> make sure you have it clear between you two...you don't want to get mated
>> to a guy who wants a rl relationship if that's not what /you/ want.
>> Anyways, that's my two cents...its not nesscarily like getting
>> married, more like finding a bloodbrother, at least, that's how i view it.

> *AHEM!!*

> (little gold dragoness "ahems" loudly)

> A few of us...call us crazy...actually DO love

> our mates, in what here is referred to as "RL"...
> And find it a little disturbing that most folks
> here see it as some sort of game. Seeing the beauty
> of the love of two dragons reduced to this role-
> playing is very frustrating...

Ahh, but many of us already have RL mates and our "better halves" may
not have the time, nor the desire to post on a regular basis. I see
very little harm in having good friends become mates on the newsgroup,
and many do not have the luxury to be close enough to their mate to
have a RL relationship withought much of the difficulties involved in
long-distance relationships. If somedragon can actually have a
successful relationship over a long distance then I commend them on
their efforts and dedication, I am just saying it is difficult, but
not entirely impossible :)

Dymus the Daring
just putting in my opinion as well :)

Tad L Ramspott

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
Ipsifendous Archilochus (ipsi...@iastate.edu) wrote:
: > : --Greffindel the plaid,
: > : mate of no one. *sigh*
: >
: >"Don't feel bad, I am starting to sympathize."
: >
: Thanks. :) Maybe we should start a support group...

"I'll volunteer my cave," Baxil pipes up...until he realizes that
he still hasn't actually moved into a cave yet. "I'll volunteer my
sleeping spot in the forest," he corrects himself, and then realizes that
it's not a terribly efficient place to meet. He slaps himself on the
forehead and mutters under his breath. "Never mind, I'll just bring
refreshments to the first meeting..."

Baxil the Still Unmated
--
_____.__// BAXIL -- 40' Green* winged non-fire-breather;
----~ (I) \__/ Practicing Mage, part-time Bard, Student of Life.

Rezlynn

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
Incidentally (sorry I can't quote with this crummy news poster), Aury
made another point I almost posted before seeing. :) If you're doing
things right, your mate *is* a soulmate. There may be other "really
good friends," but a mate (to those of us that take mating seriously };)
is about as wonderful a soulmate as one could ask for. Call me crazy
(again ;), but I think that's why humans only have one person they call
a mate, and at least in theory, it's a lifelong commitment.

-- Rez, professional idealist

Dymus

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96
34n...@cmich.edu (Rezlynn) wrote:
>In article <4j4lgh$754...@salford.ac.uk>, mlh...@news.salford.ac.uk says...
>>
>>In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.960320...@umbc9.umbc.edu>,
>> Sue Bogar <sbo...@gl.umbc.edu> wrote:
>>>For we are all dragons here, and we all have accomplishments just as
>>>cool and brave, etc. and more foten than not, those who get a mate are
>> ^^^^^
>> Yeah, dragons and futons get on really well... errr, no, that's
>>not quite right, somehow :)
>
>What? As far as I know, dragons and futons get along just fine }:)

Aye, I seem to share many an hour with my futon *grin* and we get along
just fine. :)

>(inside joke, sorry ;)
>
> -- Rez, making more posts in two days than in the last nine months ;)

Nice to see you again though Rez. :) You really should post more often
*hugs*

Dymus the Daring

G. Jones

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996 34N...@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu wrote:

> I think the problem comes in with the idea of the word "mate," or "love" -- y
> many of the roleplaying mates here call themselves mates and say they love
> each other. So, given that, what are dragons who actually are offline
> mates supposed to say? If I said that I was Aury's mate, I'm sure nobody
> would even give it a second thought. Or if I said that I loved her (as
> any good mate would :), nobody would assume anything offline was implicated
> by that statement. So, in a sense, it doesn't intentionally "reduce" those
> of us with real mate relationships, but it kind of does reduce the significance
> of the word "love" or "mate" when it's used the same way by people who just
> play the part.

Well, you have explained that you are mates in real life...I don't know
about anyone else, but I assume there is at least a level of affection
involved in roleplaying mates....though i can understand your problem with
maybe the loosening of the boundaries of the word. However, this si
something that often happens to language in this kind of environment.

> No offense, but I'd really be skeptical of somebody who claims to know "the
> deepest of true romance" from roleplaying ;)

Oh, I didn't mean I knew it, just that it was a topic covered in
roleplaying...well, I do know it, but from real life, not the internet or
roleplaying...hmm, I seem to be speaking in circles..:)

> Well, I may be defensive because I'm *not* roleplaying in the relationship
> I have. :) And as I said, it doesn't "lessen" the actual relationships, it
> just uses the same words as those with serious relationships do, but in
> more lighthearted, non-serious ways.

I guess this is where we differ. I don't see lighthearted "romance" as
a problem...I look at it kind of like flirting. As long as everyone is
straight where they're coming from, and no deception is involved..

> Not to drag this out *too* much more ;), but I think the point of Aury's
> post was overlooked here. I think the point was that the whole concept
> of mating was looked at as less than serious... a game. Many dragons
> don't see it that way at all, but an increasing number (from what I've
> seen) get mated for the wrong reasons... get ""mated"" for the wrong
> reasons -- not because they love somebody or even like somebody, but just
> because it's a neat thing to do. Regardless of whether role-playing
> contributes to this, there are a *lot* of matings going on, and for mates
> who extend their relationships offline, well, obviously I take my mate
> seriously, and I always have. Note also that Aury didn't say matings were
> reduced *by* this role-playing, but reduced *to* this role-playing. The love
> between mates is indeed a truly beautiful thing, and it rubs me the wrong way
> when it's not taken seriously, as well. I guess the counter argument is that
> it's just a newsgroup and it's not supposed to be taken seriously. (though I'm
> also tempted to say that a lot of people take it seriously, given all the
> trouble with #afd a while back). And don't take that the wrong way, anybody,
> it's not my business how other people feel about mates, just my opinion. I w
> know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I just wanted to stand up and
> be counted among those old-fashioned types who still think that a mate is some-
> body you actually have feelings for. So, "call me crazy," that's how I feel.

No, I understand your point. It IS sad when people don't take a real
relationship seriously, and you make some good points. Your feelings are
one of the reasons I went on so much about deception...I think it's a
shame when people decalre themselves mates, and maybe one person is just
playing a game, and the other is serious, only to be dropped at the
slightest hint of a more "attractive" character. However, I don't think
that two people who are playing do any real harm to those who are really
in love, nor belittle anything. After all, we admit we ARE just having
fun. But, I respect your opinion, and will re-state, this is only my side
of the story.

-Gwyrragedd Annwn

PS (You, BTW, have a great mate in real life, congratulations. I love her
art!)

'Auryanne' H Riesen

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, G. Jones wrote:

*Aury gets out the post snippers!!*

> Well, you have explained that you are mates in real life...I don't know
> about anyone else, but I assume there is at least a level of affection
> involved in roleplaying mates....though i can understand your problem with

Likely true, I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly, but hey.. ;)
that "mates" are meant to be good friends, in the role-playing
cases, at least. Or, well, somewhat, judging from the amount
of "abandoned mates"..but anyway...
And, I agree that role-playing =should= encompass all
emotions, or good role-playing at least. I guess my problem
is that a.f.d. was not intended to be a role-playing
game. A.f.d. was meant to be a place for dragons to get
together and share thoughts, opinions, and knowledge,
not (no offense anyone ;) to toss pies, hold imaginary
weddings, and such. It's important to remember that
a =few= of us aren't role-playing though. At all...that
is, our dragons are our real selves, not some character
we assume while online. But I guess now that's the
minority and not the majority...

> Oh, I didn't mean I knew it, just that it was a topic covered in
> roleplaying...well, I do know it, but from real life, not the internet or
> roleplaying...hmm, I seem to be speaking in circles..:)

Hee hee hee. Well, I wonder if anyone =ever= knows
about true love ;)

> I guess this is where we differ. I don't see lighthearted "romance" as
> a problem...I look at it kind of like flirting. As long as everyone is
> straight where they're coming from, and no deception is involved..

Flirting and holding "weddings" and "having hatchlings"
are a bit different, IMO. I just think the medium (i.e.
IRC and/or newsgroups) are very difficult to convey
feelings truthfully if both parties are under the guise
of a character. Heck, it's hard enough to communicate
if you are being honest, right Rez? ;) Which is where
a lot of my problem with the whole IRC "mate" thing
comes in...people who have no idea what they actually
feel or think, running around doing what they think mates
should do. (Phew, this is getting long!)
I see it a lot, and I know it may be unpopular to say that
it bothers me and I feel it lessens the impact
that a real relationship has, but again, it's
my opinion, and you can't really say that's wrong :)

> that two people who are playing do any real harm to those who are really
> in love, nor belittle anything. After all, we admit we ARE just having
> fun. But, I respect your opinion, and will re-state, this is only my side
> of the story.

I don't think any harm is done, but it can, as Rez said,
rub one the wrong way. And yes, mates =are= fun. :)

> -Gwyrragedd Annwn
>
> PS (You, BTW, have a great mate in real life, congratulations. I love her
> art!)

*blush* I'm doing more dragons! I promise!! :)
(More furs, too, for any closet fur-lovers)

Off to find more stuff to post about!!

Auryanne the Radiant
-Dragon Ascending to the Heavens-

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
I am not at all as small * I look handsome, I look smart/
as I look from the outside... * I am a walking work of art...
*

aury...@u.washington.edu * -Joseph & the Amazing

'Auryanne' H Riesen

Apr 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/3/96

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, Dymus wrote:

> Ahh, but many of us already have RL mates and our "better halves" may
> not have the time, nor the desire to post on a regular basis. I see

Well, I have two things to say about that...
First off, I don't post regularly, and neither does
my mate, but that doesn't have anything to do with it. We
keep in touch in many other ways, though, since this group
is no longer what it was intended to be. Second, the issue
of having both a RL mate and a dragon "mate" can be complicated.
Humans don't understand what goes on here in the first place,
let alone the complicated relationships between dragons. For
instance, to an outsider, being "mates" appears to be an
acutal relatioship. How do you explain to your girlfriend
that your mate means nothing to you? And do you tell your mate
that?

> very little harm in having good friends become mates on the newsgroup,
> and many do not have the luxury to be close enough to their mate to

No, not really...but why do you have to be "mates" if
you are best friends? Many of my closest friends are male,
but I don't feel the need to become "mated" to them. It
just throws another aspect into the friendship that un-
neccessarily complicates it... I'm not against finding
soul-brothers or dear friends, just the pretense of loving
them in a "mate" way, as opposed to a "brotherly" way.

> have a RL relationship withought much of the difficulties involved in
> long-distance relationships. If somedragon can actually have a

A long-distance relationship isn't =that= hard, come on ;)
You're right, though. It is harder than your average
relationship, but in my case at least (and, I'm sure,
others) it serves as sort of proof of the commitment.
There is a much higher maintenance involved, and
communication can prove difficult :)

> Dymus the Daring
> just putting in my opinion as well :)

Hooray! A good old-fashioned discussion, just
like the good old days! }:)

Ipsifendous Archilochus

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
In article <4jt0co$1...@ucsbuxb.ucsb.edu>,

Tad L Ramspott <uram...@mcl.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>Ipsifendous Archilochus (ipsi...@iastate.edu) wrote:
>: > : --Greffindel the plaid,
>: > : mate of no one. *sigh*
>: >
>: >"Don't feel bad, I am starting to sympathize."
>: >
>: Thanks. :) Maybe we should start a support group...
>
> "I'll volunteer my cave," Baxil pipes up...until he realizes that
>he still hasn't actually moved into a cave yet. "I'll volunteer my
>sleeping spot in the forest," he corrects himself, and then realizes that
>it's not a terribly efficient place to meet. He slaps himself on the
>forehead and mutters under his breath. "Never mind, I'll just bring
>refreshments to the first meeting..."

"I'll bring the chips!" He shows up carrying two enormous bags of
Salted Pentiums-- ("That's no flaw, that's *flavour*!")...

>Baxil the Still Unmated
>--
> _____.__// BAXIL -- 40' Green* winged non-fire-breather;
> ----~ (I) \__/ Practicing Mage, part-time Bard, Student of Life.
> /o | \ >>---=-=-=== THOUGHT O' THE WEEK ===-=-=---<<
> \_ ____ >> \ "They can change my mind but they can't change me;
> \/~ ~~\~ | I've got a dream, I've got a dream..." --Jim Croce
>Send e-mail, replies, flames, magic talk, & resumes to uram...@mcl.ucsb.edu

--Greffindel the Plaid

/\/ \/ \/\ I graduated from the school of life (class of '35);
/ ( O O ) \ Now I'm doing masters work at the school of fiendish
/ */\_/\_/\__\_ undead.
/ *( o \ ________
|*\ --v-v-v-v | / \
\*\==\ | * * |
\*\==\ | | HAVE A NICE DAY!
.sig |*|==| | \____/ |
V2.0 |*|==| \________/
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~ipsifend/mith/dragons.html

--
ipsi...@iastate.edu

Sue Bogar

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Beth Long wrote:

> > <shimmerwings makes a mental note to keep checking Beth's alignment....
>
> While you're at it, can you check the oil too? I keep feeling I'm a
> quart low on sleep....

ROFL!!!

> > LOL! Are you serious? I think that rather explains the why-he-acted-like
> > that-around-kenders bit, too, somehow ;) <snuggles>
>
> Yes I'm serious...blushing but serious <g> After all, can you think of
> anyone else who would put up w/ two kender companions in a lifetime
> (sides Caramon?) and not turn them into toads, or slugs, or politicians?
> :)

true.. but he did manage to whoosh them into duck ponds quite a few times ;)

> > shimmerwings aka say hi to Doorslam for me, will ye?
>
> Ok..."Hey DS! Shimm says 'Hi!!!' *wave*" <g>

<shimmerwings shakes her head and wonders why she even asked...>

---shimmerwings, who sbnipped her sig by accident

Beth Long

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Sue Bogar wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Apr 1996, Beth Long wrote:
>
> > > <shimmerwings makes a mental note to keep checking Beth's alignment....
> >
> > While you're at it, can you check the oil too? I keep feeling I'm a
> > quart low on sleep....
>
> ROFL!!!

*bow* I try...

> > > LOL! Are you serious? I think that rather explains the why-he-acted-like
> > > that-around-kenders bit, too, somehow ;) <snuggles>
> >
> > Yes I'm serious...blushing but serious <g> After all, can you think of
> > anyone else who would put up w/ two kender companions in a lifetime
> > (sides Caramon?) and not turn them into toads, or slugs, or politicians?
> > :)
>
> true.. but he did manage to whoosh them into duck ponds quite a few times ;)

But think of all of the neat things in duck ponds! Sides, it's better
than whooshing them into the Abyss or a stone floor from a few stories up
or Mount Nevermind or...

> > > shimmerwings aka say hi to Doorslam for me, will ye?
> >
> > Ok..."Hey DS! Shimm says 'Hi!!!' *wave*" <g>
>
> <shimmerwings shakes her head and wonders why she even asked...>

<g> Sometimes I can't resist....I'll tell him better next time I'm on
#Krynn :)

> ---shimmerwings, who sbnipped her sig by accident

Here Shim, you can borrow mine...

Beth Long| Mentor | "I want to ask you a political question."
ed-long@ | C&M DEP | "Yes?"
ux5.cso. | UIUC | "A question of marriage."
uiuc.edu | | "That's a political question?!?"
| | from Fiddler on the Roof

Shimmerwing's temporary .sig Look, Raist....bunnies

Sue Bogar

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
On 2 Apr 1996, Rezlynn wrote:

> >maybe this one'll get rez to post ;)
>

> I heard that! :) Okay, okay... lemme finish reading the articles, though. :)
> I'd hate to *consiously* waste bandwidth. ;)
>
> -- Rez, the I-post-every-few-months dragon :)

<shimmerr POUNCESNUGGLEHUGZ rez, the continues trying to catch up on 376
messages>

shim, the /away dragon

Rezlynn

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96
Oops! I see this thread is already renamed... Sorry for the confusion.
Surprise, the newsreader here didn't pick up on the article... *grumble*

So, I'll be in this thread if anybody needs me. ;)

-- Rez, who'll wise up and stop using VM newsreaders soon

G. Jones

Apr 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/4/96

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, 'Auryanne' H Riesen wrote:

> Likely true, I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly, but hey.. ;)
> that "mates" are meant to be good friends, in the role-playing
> cases, at least. Or, well, somewhat, judging from the amount
> of "abandoned mates"..but anyway...
> And, I agree that role-playing =should= encompass all
> emotions, or good role-playing at least. I guess my problem
> is that a.f.d. was not intended to be a role-playing
> game. A.f.d. was meant to be a place for dragons to get
> together and share thoughts, opinions, and knowledge,
> not (no offense anyone ;) to toss pies, hold imaginary
> weddings, and such. It's important to remember that
> a =few= of us aren't role-playing though. At all...that
> is, our dragons are our real selves, not some character
> we assume while online. But I guess now that's the
> minority and not the majority...

AH! At last I see where our big difference in opinion comes from! I am
relatively new to the internet, and to this base...I had thought it had
always been this way, with all the roleplaying and stuff....I guess if
you're used to a different medium, it would be bothersome...for me, this
is the way I was introduced to it, so I sorta went along with the flow...

> Flirting and holding "weddings" and "having hatchlings"
> are a bit different, IMO. I just think the medium (i.e.
> IRC and/or newsgroups) are very difficult to convey
> feelings truthfully if both parties are under the guise
> of a character. Heck, it's hard enough to communicate
> if you are being honest, right Rez? ;) Which is where
> a lot of my problem with the whole IRC "mate" thing
> comes in...people who have no idea what they actually
> feel or think, running around doing what they think mates
> should do. (Phew, this is getting long!)
> I see it a lot, and I know it may be unpopular to say that
> it bothers me and I feel it lessens the impact
> that a real relationship has, but again, it's
> my opinion, and you can't really say that's wrong :)

Hmmm...yes, I've seen alot of the problems inherent in this type of
roleplaying...it's alot easier to lie over the net, and many people would
rather decieve someone else than take the trouble to explain the real
situation and get things sorted out before getting "mated".

> *blush* I'm doing more dragons! I promise!! :)
> (More furs, too, for any closet fur-lovers)

YAY! Oh, and BTW, you probably already know this, but you are posting
as Auryanne....sorry, I forgot to e-mail you!:(

-Gwyrragedd Annwn

Erin Lynn

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
<34N...@cmuvm.csv.cmich.edu> wrote:

>>> A few of us...call us crazy...actually DO love
>>> our mates, in what here is referred to as "RL"...
>>> And find it a little disturbing that most folks
>>> here see it as some sort of game. Seeing the beauty
>>> of the love of two dragons reduced to this role-
>>> playing is very frustrating...
>>>
>>> Jus' tossing another opinion onto the fire }:)

Rasha looks confused again. "But I can't mate in real life, I don't have
a real body anymore," she says, looking dejected. "My typist is mated,
but I'm not a part of that."

>Not to drag this out *too* much more ;), but I think the point of Aury's
>post was overlooked here. I think the point was that the whole concept
>of mating was looked at as less than serious... a game. Many dragons
>don't see it that way at all, but an increasing number (from what I've
>seen) get mated for the wrong reasons... get ""mated"" for the wrong
>reasons -- not because they love somebody or even like somebody, but just
>because it's a neat thing to do. Regardless of whether role-playing
>contributes to this, there are a *lot* of matings going on, and for mates
>who extend their relationships offline, well, obviously I take my mate
>seriously, and I always have. Note also that Aury didn't say matings were
>reduced *by* this role-playing, but reduced *to* this role-playing. The love
>between mates is indeed a truly beautiful thing, and it rubs me the wrong way
>when it's not taken seriously, as well. I guess the counter argument is that
>it's just a newsgroup and it's not supposed to be taken seriously. (though I'm
>also tempted to say that a lot of people take it seriously, given all the
>trouble with #afd a while back). And don't take that the wrong way, anybody,
>it's not my business how other people feel about mates, just my opinion. I w
>know I'm not going to change anyone's mind, but I just wanted to stand up and
>be counted among those old-fashioned types who still think that a mate is some-
>body you actually have feelings for. So, "call me crazy," that's how I feel.

Rasha's eyes get wider and wider as the monologue continues, until
finally she burst out with, "Is that it? Is this what mating is? I've
been watching everybody, and I can't quite figure all this out--help!"

--Rasha the Still Very Confused Dragon

Erin Lynn

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
'Auryanne' H Riesen <aury...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

> And, I agree that role-playing =should= encompass all
> emotions, or good role-playing at least. I guess my problem
> is that a.f.d. was not intended to be a role-playing
> game. A.f.d. was meant to be a place for dragons to get
> together and share thoughts, opinions, and knowledge,
> not (no offense anyone ;) to toss pies, hold imaginary
> weddings, and such. It's important to remember that
> a =few= of us aren't role-playing though. At all...that
> is, our dragons are our real selves, not some character
> we assume while online. But I guess now that's the
> minority and not the majority...

Rasha sighs, and wonders if she should get involved with this discussion.
But since it touches very heavily on things that are much on her own
mind, she makes her decision and speaks.

"I am also being myself. My real self. Not role-playing, or pretending.
Through a long series of misadventures, I eventually found myself on this
wretched, backwards little world called Earth, and quickly discovered
that not only could I no longer work magic or fly, I was even deprived of
my own natural form. My spirit and mind were linked to that of a human
named Erin, and we've bee inseperable ever since, whether we like it or
not." Rahsa snorts. "My typist has a rather different opinion of these
events, and she really wants to explain them, so I'll let her talk now."

Thank you, Rasha. My version of Rasha's history is at the same time more
mundane, and also much stranger. Rasha was created as my very first
role-playing character. The game which she originated from lasted for
over a year, and immediately after I was able to get her into a couple of
other games. Since then, I have played in many many role-playing games,
and had many many other characters, but none of them has ever come close
to rivaling the sheer force of personality that Rasha has shown since her
very beginning. In fact, when I didn't have a game to put Rasha in, she
began to come out in other ways--as an alias for a BBS, as a graffitti
artist, as the bitchy vicious instincts that my roommates still fear to
this day. After reading quite a bit of Jungian psychology, I believe
that Rasha is a part of me, my embodiment of power, anger, and raw
emotional force personified. Since I am a pagan, she is also my avatar
of Fire, the energy principle. And above and beyond that, she is my
alter ego, my alternate personality, with her own very unique identity
and behavior. Sometimes she surprises me--scratch that, she surprises me
a *lot*.

So AFD, or the Dominance, is on the one hand a patently unreal place
where Rasha can stretch her wings in the ways she can't in the real
world. On the other hand, it is a testing ground and playfeild for a
dragon that doesn't know that much about her own kind, and so far in her
life, has had very little exposure to the gentler, and more freindly
aspects of dragonkind.

Anyway, sorry for blathering on there...

Rasha snorts. "And if you believe all that about alter egos and Jungian
stuff, I've got a Spam bridge to sell you," she growls.

--Rasha the Really Real Dragon

Dymus

Apr 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/5/96
Beth Long <ed-...@ux4.cso.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Apr 1996, Sue Bogar wrote:

>> LOL! Are you serious? I think that rather explains the why-he-acted-like
>> that-around-kenders bit, too, somehow ;) <snuggles>

>Yes I'm serious...blushing but serious <g> After all, can you think of
>anyone else who would put up w/ two kender companions in a lifetime
>(sides Caramon?) and not turn them into toads, or slugs, or politicians?

*grin* I believe I might be able to Beth, kender and I seem to have
quite a bit in common. Though I've only had the pleasure of meeting
one in my life and it wasn't for very long. He did seem to enjoy the
chocolate and coffee though it seems that their metabolism handles it
even far worse than mine *grin*. (Imagine a kender on a sugar high)

Oh, by the way he called himself Dr. Laerties (a doctor of
chiropracty) and I believe he had some magical ability though it was
usually as unpredictable as my own *grin*

You wouldn't happen to know him would you? I haven't seen him since
the explosion and I do hope he came out of it all right.

>:)

>> shimmerwings aka say hi to Doorslam for me, will ye?

>Ok..."Hey DS! Shimm says 'Hi!!!' *wave*" <g>

>Beth Long

It is loading more messages.