Death Gate Books

Mr G

Nov 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/13/99
I have all of the Death Gate books in soft cover. Inside the last book,
"Seventh Gate," is says somewhere along the lines of, "No words have
been omitted from the hard cover edition." Books one through six do not
say this at all, so here is my question, does this mean that in books
one through six, there are words being omitted from the hard covers?

Margaret Weis

Nov 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/14/99

I don't think so. If they'd cut anything, they would have had to clear
that with the authors and no one asked us. That was probably done as a
result of some sort of new policy.

Margaret

John

Nov 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM11/16/99

I noticed that phrase (no words have been omitted ...) on many books i
have. Soe of the books are quite old. I think it is just to allay the
fears of readers who might worry that what they are buying is an
abridged copy of a larger work. This abridgement often happened with
older classic books such as the golden bough (26 volumes) because they
were so large. I think it is tradition that was grounded in a real need
in the past, but is habit now.

john