FIZBAN!!

Margaret Weis

Jan 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/18/96

> Two things are to be added :
> 1/ Fizban can be just an old wizard who lost his hat, in the RPG
> 2/ ZifNab, his alter-ego in Death Gate, is completely different, thouigh
> there is more than meets the eye : he talks about Raist' in *Elven
> Star*, as well as grumbles about Merlin and Gandalf, has a stupid way to
> remind us Tanis "Berlin 1945, Tanis Half-Elven xas having a shower" in
> *Hand of Chaos* ; and in the 7th Gate he's absolutely sure he IS a god
> (with a slight reference to the end of DoSD [they learned he was a god

The Berlin 1945 reference is an in-joke for Tracy, who was always saying
we'd do DL 765 and it would start that way. He used to go to add that
Silvara was a B-17.:)

Margaret

Kyle Keeper

Jan 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/23/96
In article <4e31cu$i...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> sids...@aol.com (Sids Girl) writes:

>I tend to think Raistlin knew who Fizban really was. He's got the ability
>to tap into the genius of Fistandantilus, without him realizing it. And
>Fizban did have his clear moments. :)

I believe that he did know, but it was Fistandatilus who recognized Fizban in
the prisoner train going to Pax Tharkas. Remember Fizban saying "nows not the
time....".

Cheers,
Kyle

Sue Bogar

Jan 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/23/96
On 23 Jan 1996, Sids Girl wrote:

> I tend to think Raistlin knew who Fizban really was. He's got the ability
> to tap into the genius of Fistandantilus, without him realizing it. And
> Fizban did have his clear moments. :)

I think so too, I remember when TAsslehoff was telling Raistlin about
Fiban and said that the two should meet, he said somthing to the effect
that it wouldn't be a good idea, and wouldn't tell Tas why he thought
that...

shimmeriwngs
People name a blue jay, but it's only for themselves: it ____
doesn't change how the blue jay lives, or thinks of itself... \|><|\
--Chaney, in _shattered chains_ \|\ |\
Look, Raist, bunnies

The repression of elves is the biggest problem in our society today

VENK!

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
In article <4e5npo$2...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,
RayChuang <rayc...@aol.com> wrote:
|Folks,
|
|Why are you trying to argue the obvious???
|
|Fizban=Paladine was explicitly described BY FIZBAN HIMSELF at the end of
|DRAGONS OF SPRING DAWNING and DRAGONS OF SUMMER FLAME. Did you folks miss
|something or what? ;-)
|

|Raymond in Mt. View, CA (RayC...@aol.com & XBE...@prodigy.com)

What's so obvious? He reveals himself in the end, but Raistlin first meets
him in first volume, after they are captured. He does does say "You are Magi...
I am magi!" or something like that, so it doesn't necessarily means that
he knows, at that point, that Fizban is Paladine.

--
Venkatesh "Venk" Pai *** p...@acsu.buffalo.edu *** S.U.N.Y. at Buffalo
Je m'en balance!

Russ 'Argel' LeBar

Jan 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/31/96
RayChuang (rayc...@aol.com) wrote:
: Folks,

: Why are you trying to argue the obvious???

: Fizban=Paladine was explicitly described BY FIZBAN HIMSELF at the end of
: DRAGONS OF SPRING DAWNING and DRAGONS OF SUMMER FLAME. Did you folks miss
: something or what? ;-)

Nah. It's just that if you play AD&D, in the modules he isn't necessarily
Paladine...

--
/---Russ-LeBar-------+---- c621412@@showme.missouri.edu -----S()-------\
| // Dare to Dream | Creator of Argel Ptrs & Term toolstrip imagery |