UK DBZ? What's happened- AGAIN?

Steffan Parry

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
I stopped watching while we were getting back to the fight with Freeza,
now I start tuning back in because I guess we should be there by now-
and what do I find? It's frigging gone! All those Rewinds I've been
getting up early for just turn out to be tapes of Huckleberry fin or
whatever! What's going on! Did I miss it all? Has it been moved? My Sky
TV guide doesn't list Cartoon Network. Anyone know what's happening?
--
Steffan Parry

http://www.plunder.co.uk
The most exciting independent music label on the net

"The truth is only relative when we know it's not a lie"

Hadley Robins

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
>I stopped watching while we were getting back to the fight with Freeza,
>now I start tuning back in because I guess we should be there by now-
>and what do I find? It's frigging gone! All those Rewinds I've been
>getting up early for just turn out to be tapes of Huckleberry fin or
>whatever! What's going on! Did I miss it all? Has it been moved? My Sky
>TV guide doesn't list Cartoon Network. Anyone know what's happening?

Umm... I think we are mostly Americans here.... E-Mail FUNimation and ask
them were it is.

Hey, didn't that queen lady like had a birthday yesterday?

Dragonball Five Thousand
http://dragonball5000.cjb.net

Fake Quotes that'll never happen
"They're real." -Britney Spears
"Bulma, I'm having an affair, with Goku." -Vegeta
"I'm not making your dinner!!!!" -Chi-Chi
"Big pimpin' Spendin' the G's" -Tenchi Masaki
"Ayeka, can we be friends?" -Ryoko
"Sure." -Ayeka
"Hmmm... Math is easy." -Mihoshi

This post was made by songoku5000 aka the button pusher Hadley Robins

Jedah, tearing it up on Dance Dance Revolution like Tracey on steroids. Maybe.

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00
Hadley Robins <songo...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

| >I stopped watching while we were getting back to the fight with Freeza,
| >now I start tuning back in because I guess we should be there by now-
| >and what do I find? It's frigging gone! All those Rewinds I've been
| >getting up early for just turn out to be tapes of Huckleberry fin or
| >whatever! What's going on! Did I miss it all? Has it been moved? My Sky
| >TV guide doesn't list Cartoon Network. Anyone know what's happening?
|

| Umm... I think we are mostly Americans here.... E-Mail FUNimation and ask
| them were it is.
|
| Hey, didn't that queen lady like had a birthday yesterday?

A typically ignorant response just because it doesn't concern you.

--
Jedah, monster heel (ask UMTSS)
ICQ: 10495073

"Do they think kids are going to go insane and kill each other IF THEY SEE AN OLD
MAN'S KNEE??" - DBZ Uncensored

Jedah, tearing it up on Dance Dance Revolution like Tracey on steroids. Maybe.

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00

Steffan Parry <ste...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

| I stopped watching while we were getting back to the fight with Freeza,
| now I start tuning back in because I guess we should be there by now-
| and what do I find? It's frigging gone! All those Rewinds I've been
| getting up early for just turn out to be tapes of Huckleberry fin or
| whatever! What's going on! Did I miss it all? Has it been moved? My Sky
| TV guide doesn't list Cartoon Network. Anyone know what's happening?
| --
| Steffan Parry

DBZ is on weekdays at 11am on Cartoon Network for an hour a day. Possibly
weekend, I don't know.

It's started from the beginning again, so no, they atill aren't past "Frieza's
Second Transformation."

I have no idea how the hell you contact Cartoon Network UK by email - if I did,
I'd have complained to them about the seizure inducing blurriness they have
added, forcing me to buy the DVDs from now on. God I hate them.

Torankusu-kaiou and the Amazing Technicolor Yawn

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00

"Hadley Robins" <songo...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> >I stopped watching while we were getting back to the fight with Freeza,
> >now I start tuning back in because I guess we should be there by now-
> >and what do I find? It's frigging gone! All those Rewinds I've been
> >getting up early for just turn out to be tapes of Huckleberry fin or
> >whatever! What's going on! Did I miss it all? Has it been moved? My Sky
> >TV guide doesn't list Cartoon Network. Anyone know what's happening?
>
> Umm... I think we are mostly Americans here.... E-Mail FUNimation and ask
> them were it is.

Actually, asking FUNi would be pointless, as FUNi has no control over
airdates and times. They just produce the dub and sell it to the networks
that air it.

--
Peter Peter pecker eater
Told his wife who had a tweeter

--===*===--
Torankusu-kaiou
redmo...@ohayo.konbanwa

Wanted: Anal Probe. Apply in rear.

Garfield Fat Cat

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00

Steffan Parry <ste...@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> I stopped watching while we were getting back to the fight with Freeza,
> now I start tuning back in because I guess we should be there by now-
> and what do I find? It's frigging gone! All those Rewinds I've been
> getting up early for just turn out to be tapes of Huckleberry fin or
> whatever! What's going on! Did I miss it all? Has it been moved? My Sky
> TV guide doesn't list Cartoon Network. Anyone know what's happening?
> --
> Steffan Parry
>
> http://www.plunder.co.uk
> The most exciting independent music label on the net

> "The truth is only relative when we know it's not a lie"

Cartoon Network in their infinite stupidity e-mailed me when I asked what
was going on and they said;
New episodes will be shown in September, until then the show will be
repeated so viewers can catch up or start watching from the start.
The ONLY way to contact them via the website of
www.cartoon-network.co.uk
is to look at the game section of past games and there hidden away in one
corner is the "contact us" icon.
I think they hid it so no-one would bother them.
I realy wish that Fox or Nickleodeon got hold of DBZ instead of CN.
They suck big time and don't care about fans.

Lets flame them rotten.

Garfield Fat Cat

Wolfy Pup -- aaawww look at the widdle wolfy pup, he's so cuuuute!! (**bites hand off**) AAAAAAAAAA!!!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00

> A typically ignorant response just because it doesn't concern you.

Uh, forget it, I'm not even going to waste my time with this one.

--
Wolfy Pup -- Self proclaimed emperor of the AFD dubbie kingdom

I'm on a highway to Hell, but I'll never get there in this traffic!!

Wolfy's law #87
The more you think, the less you do.

Wolfy's law #191
Alcoholism leads to one of 4 things, jail, institutions, death, or you could
have a really, really, REALLY messed up kid like me.

My favorite quotes from English DBZ:

GOHAN to Rekuum..... "Your knuckle sandwich is ready"

KURIRIN after Gohan plows a hole through Garlic Jr. ..... "Great!! A hole
in one!"

GARLIC JR. after healing himself..... "Looks like your plan has a few HOLES
in it!"

KURIRIN..... "That sounds half baked to me."

PICCOLO....."No, It's fully baked."

VEGETA to 19....."The ultimate tub of lard bucket of bolts!"

GOHAN after Piccolo zaps him..... "Owww!! I think you burned my underwear."

RADITZ..... "Next time I'll cook the meat"

And my favorite of all time....(drumroll please).....

DENDE..... "Don't piss off the god of love!!!"
***************************
SPAM LIST
(empty for now)
***************************
America, land of the free, and home of the Braves. (Is a nation owned by Ted
Turner truly free???)

Wolfy Pup -- aaawww look at the widdle wolfy pup, he's so cuuuute!! (**bites hand off**) AAAAAAAAAA!!!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00

> I have no idea how the hell you contact Cartoon Network UK by email - if
I did,
> I'd have complained to them about the seizure inducing blurriness they
have
> added, forcing me to buy the DVDs from now on. God I hate them.

Why in the world would they do that? I"ve also heard that CN-UK adds EVEN
MORE censoring to the show, as if FUNI's isn't enough? I'm dying to know,
cause this is ridiculous even by my standards.

Wolfy Pup -- aaawww look at the widdle wolfy pup, he's so cuuuute!! (**bites hand off**) AAAAAAAAAA!!!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

Aug 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/5/00

> I realy wish that Fox or Nickleodeon got hold of DBZ instead of CN.
> They suck big time and don't care about fans.

Nickelodeon???? Oh my gawd!! They would censor it even worse than FUNI!!!

Jedah, tearing it up on Dance Dance Revolution like Tracey on steroids. Maybe.

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

Wolfy Pup -- aaawww look at the widdle wolfy pup, he's so cuuuute!! (**bites hand
off**) AAAAAAAAAA!!!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!! <wolf...@invalid.net> wrote in
message news:8mikcp$17ho$1...@newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com...

| > I have no idea how the hell you contact Cartoon Network UK by email - if
| I did,
| > I'd have complained to them about the seizure inducing blurriness they
| have
| > added, forcing me to buy the DVDs from now on. God I hate them.
|
| Why in the world would they do that? I"ve also heard that CN-UK adds EVEN
| MORE censoring to the show, as if FUNI's isn't enough? I'm dying to know,
| cause this is ridiculous even by my standards.

Nope. AFAIK from my knowledge (checking out DBZ Uncensored and original Japanese
episodes) that Cartoon Network UK leave it unedited (hell, if they didn't Dendes
swaering would NEVER have gotten past - though I dont expect it to be in the
repeat).

However, they have started to blur various scenes, those that involve laser
blasts or fast moving fights. Example: When Zarbon shoots the Namek Elder, or
when Vegeta and Goku duel with energy blasts on earth.

I think it is to prevent epileptic reactions, but it only causes me a severe
headache, and since I'm no Koduck, it pisses me off to the extent of not being
able to tolerate watching it, it's that bad. They also change the intro every
EPISODE, sometimes ommitting Krillin running along the wall, sometimes blurring
him, sometimes slowing stuff do- oh, who the fuck cares, there's sod all
consistency in what they do. I hate them.

CN UK of course couldnt care less about one less viewer so long as they don't
have a "Porygon" incident. But WHY? Nobody in the US has ever collapsed during an
episode of DBZ, right?

Jedah, tearing it up on Dance Dance Revolution like Tracey on steroids. Maybe.

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

message news:8mik67$1f8o$1...@newssvr05-en0.news.prodigy.com...

| > A typically ignorant response just because it doesn't concern you.
|
| Uh, forget it, I'm not even going to waste my time with this one.

Irony in it's purest.

Mirai Matt

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

Maybe." <ILikeT...@DDR.co.fakeaddress.com> wrote in message

> CN UK of course couldnt care less about one less viewer so long as they
don't
> have a "Porygon" incident. But WHY? Nobody in the US has ever collapsed
during an
> episode of DBZ, right?

Not that's been publicized...and knowing how much attention the Porygon
incidient got (and that was before Pokemon was even out here) it would've
been publicized, had it happened. I don't believe that any incidents
occurred in Japan either, because again, I'd think we'd have heard of it,
and we wouldn't be getting uncut copies of the show because it could harm
people.

It just seems like pointless paranoia on CN UK's part, to me. But, wait...

UK is on the PAL standard for TV. This means that it goes at 5 frames per
second less than the US and Japan, which use NTSC. Even though DBZ is not
animated at anywhere near 30 frames per second (NTSC), this could make one
small offset in one scene somewhere...one small offset that would make it
different from the Japanese and American broadcasts, one that could cause
another Porygon incident. It's HIGHLY unlikely, but it is nonetheless
possible.

So it's still paranoid, but it's not totally pointless.

--
_____________
Mirai Matt

[00:30] <SkaBoss> If I could meet one rpg charicter It would be a original
ff black mage so I could kick him and take his cool ass straw hat.

[23:34] *** Juuchan has joined #afd
[23:34] <Inu-YashaYAOI> http://www.geocities.com/~madamhydra/GW-DARK.html -
that is a REALLY nice pic, where's Juu-chan when ya need her! O_O
[23:34] <Leigh> There!

I'm not responsible for what happens at that link...I just left it there to
leave the scene in it's unedited state.
I wouldn't click on a link that Kero gave and wanted Juu to see, that could
be dangerous...

Jedah, tearing it up on Dance Dance Revolution like Tracey on steroids. Maybe.

Aug 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/6/00

Mirai Matt <mira...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

| It just seems like pointless paranoia on CN UK's part, to me.

Same people who took abusive language out of Dexter's Laboratory...

But, wait...

| UK is on the PAL standard for TV. This means that it goes at 5 frames per
| second less than the US and Japan, which use NTSC. Even though DBZ is not
| animated at anywhere near 30 frames per second (NTSC), this could make one
| small offset in one scene somewhere...one small offset that would make it
| different from the Japanese and American broadcasts, one that could cause
| another Porygon incident. It's HIGHLY unlikely, but it is nonetheless
| possible.
|
| So it's still paranoid, but it's not totally pointless.

I see where you are going with this, but you reall do not want to be subject to
their editing of such scenes. It really does cause me to lose perspective and
balance, no BS.

Maybe it's just me >_<

PokeMastr5

Aug 15, 2000, 11:58:46 PM8/15/00
>I realy wish that Fox or Nickleodeon got hold of DBZ instead of CN.
>They suck big time and don't care about fans.
>
>Lets flame them rotten.

OOO___OOO;;;;;;;;;;;

FOX?? FOX?? THE SAME PEOPLE WHO KILLED CARD CAPTOR SAKURA??

I think not.

PokeMastr5

POKE'S IN THE HOUSE!!!!

Majin Edson

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
>>Lets flame them rotten.
>
>OOO___OOO;;;;;;;;;;;
>
>FOX?? FOX?? THE SAME PEOPLE WHO KILLED CARD CAPTOR SAKURA??
I thought that was kiddie's WB?

Edson
Fourth Horseman of AHSM
Hentai Extreme
Rear Admiral Lower Half Asshole
Loyal Servant to Saffron, Queen of Tight Pants
First Order Priest to the Fleshbound Goddess: Angela Featherstone

"Like Pikachu with a bat, Mocchi's layin' the smack down."
(A strange quote that came out of my demented head)

"I am neither Mihoshi nor Kiyone. You may call me Kiyoshi."
Kiyoshi

Tuxedo Mask: "Pants are the fabric which holds our society
together, and you aren't wearing any."
DBZ Rewrites, Episode One

"It cultivates the brain, the ghost, and the foot; and we must
always cultivate the foot."
(rewriting of a quote from Tenchi's grandfather)

Talen

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00
On 16 Aug 2000 03:58:46 GMT, pokem...@aol.computer (PokeMastr5)
wrote:

>>I realy wish that Fox or Nickleodeon got hold of DBZ instead of CN.
>>They suck big time and don't care about fans.
>>
>>Lets flame them rotten.
>>

>OOO___OOO;;;;;;;;;;;
>
>FOX?? FOX?? THE SAME PEOPLE WHO KILLED CARD CAPTOR SAKURA??
>
>I think not.

CN's pretty cool about it, isn't it? Isn't it Funi we blame for DBZ?

--

Talen

http://www.crosswinds.net/~talenkun/

"We're just trying to be human, and it's hard without a head!
- Tom Servo, MST3K

Namek-Lady Cegi

Aug 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/16/00

> CN's pretty cool about it, isn't it? Isn't it Funi we blame for DBZ?

I should think so. The CN simply airs whatever FUNi pukes out; if I am
right, they have little if any say over how FUNimation handles the
series. Besides, I rather like the way Cartoon Network treats its
properties ... they seem to care about the series and its characters
somehow. I don't know quite how to put it. [shrugs]

--the Namek lady

light_warrior|at|prodigy|dot|net - piccoluna|at|yahoo|dot|com

LadyPazusu on AIM | ICQ # 68260152 | http://beam.at/daimamono

"Receive the world in your arms." [Lao Tse]

:]cegi|M|hart[:

PokeMastr5

Aug 16, 2000, 11:05:22 PM8/16/00
>I thought that was kiddie's WB?

Really? My bad, then. Well, anyway, the comment stands for anyone who might
suggest the same thing about the WB ;)

PokeMastr5
"Then I'll give you just one piece of advice...dying hurts like hell." - Heero
Yuy, Gundam Wing

Foxtail_

Aug 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/17/00
> > CN's pretty cool about it, isn't it? Isn't it Funi we blame for DBZ?
> I should think so. The CN simply airs whatever FUNi pukes out; if I am
> right, they have little if any say over how FUNimation handles the
> series. Besides, I rather like the way Cartoon Network treats its
> properties ... they seem to care about the series and its characters
> somehow. I don't know quite how to put it. [shrugs]

I wish Canada had the Cartoon Network - or the I-Channel for that matter...
Instead, we get TeleToon, and YTV...

--
A river flows as time.
Never ending nor beginning - fading away into the abyss.

Foxtail_
try...@home.com

Garfield Fat Cat

Aug 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/20/00
Ah!, but are you talking about CN America or CN Europe. They are NOT the
same. Having read in this NG that viewers in America have seen Frieza mutate
twice, England hasn't even seen it once and they should have access to all
the translated episodes.
England, as usual is being treated as poorly as ever. They say that new
episodes will be shown in September but I for one don't believe them.

ATB
Garfield
Namek-Lady Cegi <bo...@lalalala.hey> wrote in message

> > CN's pretty cool about it, isn't it? Isn't it Funi we blame for DBZ?
>
> I should think so. The CN simply airs whatever FUNi pukes out; if I am
> right, they have little if any say over how FUNimation handles the
> series. Besides, I rather like the way Cartoon Network treats its
> properties ... they seem to care about the series and its characters
> somehow. I don't know quite how to put it. [shrugs]

SkyFire

Aug 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/21/00
> same. Having read in this NG that viewers in America have seen Frieza
mutate
> twice, England hasn't even seen it once

The last one I saw in England Frieza grew really big, is this the same?

> England, as usual is being treated as poorly as ever. They say that new
> episodes will be shown in September but I for one don't believe them.

not bad treated they must have shown all the eps about 5 times over this
year - 2 eps a day not that bad - if only they could speed up the doubing
process - how many series are we behind Japan? 10??