my dbz nightmare (kinda OT)

SSJ Rampager

Feb 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/28/00
I had a horrible dream, i came back from school and DBZ was on CN, so i was
like wow funimation finally showed trunks, lets see the episodes (sadly i am
a dubbie, i am too poor to afford decent subs <sniffle, sniffle,
whaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh>, although i do watch online real player eps and
read alot of internet stuff, im no newbie or dummie), anyway to the point, i
heard the horrible voice of Trunks. It is what we all probably fear, a
surfer bum. Oh the horror. He said something like "Hey, like Freeza-dude,
um, like die or something, totally man, huh-huh, dude". I won't sleep for
weeks. I hope i dind't give FUNi any ideas..uh oh.

P.S. - Hey hows my sig, its my fisrt time to use one....

--
RAMPAGER

"I don't care how much stronger you are than me, I WILL DEFEAT YOU!"
-Goku of FUNimation, one of the decent dub lines

"These balls, I want to caress them..."
-Freeza of FUNimation, absolutely hilarious

"Holy Cozmos! Look at that thing!"
-Vegeta of FUNimation, FUNi got that from the Jetsons I think

Kamesennin doing nothing in particular

Feb 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/28/00

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin <ssjv...@home.com> wrote in
message news:qNGu4.17863$MZ2.2...@news1.wwck1.ri.home.com...
> Cool Mo B, The Hipster Miracle Man <zip...@home.com> wrote in message
> > wow it's gonna be weird when they get to teen Gohan...
>
> Dear God you're right....
>
> > Gokou with a deepish voice is one thing, but it'd be way to weird with
> Gohan...
>
> I think the Gokuu is weird enough but Gohan *will* be ten times
> worse...'specially since he wears Teddy bear underwear, that's gotta be
> constricting on a guy his age...
>
> > the nervous hand-behind-head thing's just going to look creepy.
>
> I love that! I do it all the time now!!
> -Vejita
>
> It looks kinda weird when I do it IRL, but my friends got used to my
> responding with "Zuh?" "Oro?" "Ore?" "Nani?" and others, so they'lkl get
> used to this
> CP- The Fine Print- 1995 Penny

Heh, my fav Japanese (for fear of setting off the Nihon/Nippon-go flamewar
again)
"huh?" is "unn?". It just sounds so nifty! BTW, my excuse for not buying
fansubs is
1.) I'm saving up for the holy Playstation 2.
2.) I don't like buying things over the 'net.
3.) Cut me some slack. We're both 14, and our parents still dominate both
our lives,
right? I doubt they'd want me buying something that's illegal and contains
so much
uncensored violence, nudity, and (eh a little bit) swearing. (of course
little brother
would want to watch, too, which would be half of this reason)

> --
> Vejita, The One and Only SMDTDSLAAC
> Inventor of DragonSig! Creator of the "True Song Parodies" of Dragonball!
> The Earth crumbles below him!
>
> AIM: SSJ9Vejita
> UIN: 2915046 (That's an ICQ number for you newbies ^_^)
>
> "Let's hear it for blowjobs, people!"
> "You have no idea how many guys I had to sleep with to get here."
> "Today is the horniest day of my life."
> ----VegettoEX
>
> http://vejita.rydia.net
> http://www.angelfire.com/ri/vejita/parody/
> http://www.angelfire.com/ri/vejita/otakode.txt
> http://www.cifnet.com/~monaco/cgi-bin/dekoder.cgi
>

> D1.1 GOH- GSM+ VEJ+++* MTR--- CTR++ GOT++ PCO++ BAR+ TEN+ CHA-- KME++
MPO---

--
Kamesennin

Language: Japanese
Advantages: Opens you up to a whole new world of animated cinema.
Disadvantages: You'll realize that your cool imported sweatshirt with
Japanese characters
on it says "I wear pleasing frilly undergarments."
--- Brunching.com

Kamesennin, having fun with his pet duck *!&#.
S---star
E---exclamation point
A---ampersand
N---number sign
SEAN!

D1.1 GGO+ GOK++ CHI0 GOH+ GSM++ GOT+++*
ZSN+ AVJ+++ MVJ+++ CTR+@ MTR++ BRI++
TCS+++ SAT+++ FUF--- CEL--- A18++ A16+ A19---
DGE- MAJ- BUU+++ BAR++ NAP-- BRO0 GTK+++
GOJ++ VJO++ RAD+ PCO++ PDO++ KME+++ UMI+ LUN++ KIC+++
MVB0 f++ n++ $ FDBZ238 M14½

shmouse

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00

SSJ Rampager <ima...@home.com> wrote in message
<<.....anyway to the point, iheard the horrible voice of Trunks. It is what

we all probably fear, a surfer bum. Oh the horror. He said something like
"Hey, like Freeza-dude, um, like die or something, totally man, huh-huh,
dude". I won't sleep for weeks. I hope i dind't give FUNi any ideas..uh
oh......>>

The sad part is, now that you bring it up, that's probably almost exactly
how Trunks will sound. I feel your pain, I can't find any subs to buy, so
instead I'm forced to watch the real player files. I got the first 60 or so
burned to cdr's :) I didn't bother with the rest, I can't find a good
enough quality of them. It's a shame. Fans like you and I, forced to watch
that horrible crap funimation spews out because we have no other
alternative...

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
shmouse <shm...@home.com> wrote in message

> The sad part is, now that you bring it up, that's probably almost exactly
> how Trunks will sound.

Supposedly from some peops who bought the eps and listened to him during the
preview he sounds like Gokuu. He should have a slightly deeper voice than
Gokuu's, Vejita's pace of speech, and Gohan's polite manner; that's Mirai no
Torankusu when he appears.

<SNIP>

> It's a shame. Fans like you and I, forced to watch
> that horrible crap funimation spews out because we have no other
> alternative...

<WARNING! MEANESS AND CURSING AHEAD>

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Cry my a fucking river you drama queen. The only excuse
not to get subs is to have no money at all. Not not being able to find them.
There're hundreds of sites to get subs from, start by checking
www.anipike.com and then move on to search enginges like Yahoo and Altavista
and HotBot and Excite and Northern Lights and Ask Jeeves and pretty much any
site you can think of. Subtitled eps are the easiest DBZ thing to find
besides t-shirts. I mean give me a fuckin' break; poor you; you're too lazy
to go find a distro. Hell, if you live in NYC you got OK and Games and James
right next to your house. Seems to me you live in Missouri is it? Missisipi?
Minnesotta? I can never remember state abbreviatons. The point is, subs are
easy as Hell to find and you have *no* right to bitch about not being able
to get your hands on them.
-Vejita

I apologize for any I may have offended, but seriously now...

SSJ Rampager

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
Ouch Vegita, that hurt man. You know with a dad who doesn't give a crap
about DBZ and hates anything i buy about it, its hard to find some subs that
i can afford, i mean i get a fricken 5 bucks a month. My little brothers
get about $10 a month but thats not gonna cut it. Besides my bros are
dubbies. They dont wanna read that much. Yes, I went to those sites. No I
can't find anything my parents will let me buy. I'm 13 for
God-damn-crying-out-loud. I HAVE to listen to whatever they say. They dont
trust odering from anyone so what do you expect. You know, I thought you
were pretty cool, but I didn't see your other side. Even though you
probably didn't mean to offend me or shmouse we were. I'm trying to get
some from a guy a school but he never brings him so don't you dare say I'm
lazy. i look on the web every single, every single day and cannot convince
my parents. Vegita, you dont know the situation and YOU have *no* right to
get angry. That's not the way it should work, I'm really hurt. I try to be
like yall, but I get put down. That was cold. Unnessecary. It hurts.
-RAMPAGER
(shmouse probably the same way)

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin <ssjv...@home.com> wrote in

message news:pkFu4.17779$MZ2.2...@news1.wwck1.ri.home.com...

Cool Mo B, The Hipster Miracle Man

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
wow it's gonna be weird when they get to teen Gohan...

Gokou with a deepish voice is one thing, but it'd be way to weird with Gohan...

the nervous hand-behind-head thing's just going to look creepy.

Catcha on The Flipside
(like a narc)

"In memory of Cool Mo Fred, who no one liked.."

--
-Ben
The Miracle Man

"I AM THE KING OF ROCK AND ROLL" -norm mcdonald.

"Mondo Cool. That's 20x KaMayaMaya." -"Kami"

"Trunks. Trunks." -FUNimation "Trunks" preview ad.

"Fuck you!" -Freezer of Anime Labs

Piccolo: "KAMEHAMEHA!"
Gokou: "Makankosappou!!!!"
Vejita: "Dishwasher!!"
Kuririn: "Destructo-Disc!!!!"
Piccolo, Gokou and Vejita: "Destructo-what?"
Kuririn: "Oh..uh..Kienzan!!!!!!!!"

"Girls ain't nothin but trouble."
"He's The DJ. I'm the Rapper." -Fresh Prince

Mr. Satan: "Is it okay for God to come down and party?"
Dende: "It's no problem."

The King: "Yetti, destroy those men, they're very bad!!"
Nappa: "We're Bad?"
Vejita: "Well, a little.."

*** This was posted with the express permission of ***
** HIS HIGHNESS KAAZMANN LORD AND MASTER OF USENET **
********* We are simple servants of his will *********

i don't know 'bout you, but i liked it went they swore in the subs. ..fuck cock
cunt twat dickies

-remember, the rock covering Gohan's foot in the dub was there cuz it covered
his butt in the next scene. gotta have continuity. Later masturbator

D1.1 GOHY 25 TY rwe FA w RT

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
> wow it's gonna be weird when they get to teen Gohan...

Dear God you're right....

> Gokou with a deepish voice is one thing, but it'd be way to weird with
Gohan...

I think the Gokuu is weird enough but Gohan *will* be ten times

worse...'specially since he wears Teddy bear underwear, that's gotta be
constricting on a guy his age...

> the nervous hand-behind-head thing's just going to look creepy.

I love that! I do it all the time now!!
-Vejita

It looks kinda weird when I do it IRL, but my friends got used to my
responding with "Zuh?" "Oro?" "Ore?" "Nani?" and others, so they'lkl get
used to this
CP- The Fine Print- 1995 Penny

Inu-Yasha

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
*gigglesfit* Kenshin! ^__^

+ Inu-Yasha

--
..want to be released?.. http://www.eternalsenshi.com/release

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin <ssjv...@home.com> wrote in

message news:qNGu4.17863$MZ2.2...@news1.wwck1.ri.home.com...

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00

> Ouch Vegita, that hurt man.

I would feel remorse, but you spelled my name "Vegita".

> You know with a dad who doesn't give a crap
> about DBZ

Yes I do know...

> and hates anything i buy about it, its hard to find some subs that
> i can afford, i mean i get a fricken 5 bucks a month.

Get...dollars...month? You have an allowance? Wow, lucky bastard!

> My little brothers get about $10 a month but thats not gonna cut it.

::shrugs:: from a good place you could get 2 tapes a month at that rate.

> Besides my bros are dubbies. They dont wanna read that much.

AGGGH!! BURN THEM!!!

> Yes, I went to those sites. No I
> can't find anything my parents will let me buy.

o_O...

> I'm 13 for
> God-damn-crying-out-loud. I HAVE to listen to whatever they say.

*Ahem*
ROFLMFAOROFLMFAOROFLMFAOROFLMFAOROFLMFAOROFLMFAOROFLMFAOROFLMFAOROFLMFAOROFL
MFAOROFLMFAOROFLMFAO
Ad infinitum
I'm 14, just turned; baka.

> They dont trust odering from anyone so what do you expect.

Order it behind their backs? Uh-duh, that's how you do anything which you
don't desire your parents to find out about. If they find the tapes tell 'im
you got 'em form a friend at school.

> You know, I thought you were pretty cool, but I didn't see your other
side.

I'm a regular Jeckyl and Hyde, ask the rest of the NG...

> Even though you probably didn't mean to offend me or shmouse we were.

A) I didn't mean to offend either of you, but don't complain because you
can't get something that accessable...
B) Speak for yourself, shmouse hasn't responded.

> I'm trying to get
> some from a guy a school but he never brings him so don't you dare say I'm
> lazy.

You're not lazy because you're getting them off a kid at school? Granted
there's effort; but if it's not working it's wasted effort

> i look on the web every single, every single day and cannot convince
> my parents.

I reitterate, why would you need to?

> Vegita,

Vejita

> you dont know the situation and YOU have *no* right to
> get angry.

Actually I've never had an allowance in my life and just turned 14 a few
weeks ago. Don't tell me I don't know the situation because I *do*.

> That's not the way it should work, I'm really hurt. I try to be
> like yall, but I get put down.

I'm not putting you down for trying, I'm putting down your methods because
they don't work. I was more attacking Shmouse's melodrama than anything.

> That was cold.

Maybe

> Unnessecary.

Incorrect.

> It hurts.

So sorry.

> -RAMPAGER
> (shmouse probably the same way)

I'll take this case by case.
-Vejita

"When tornadoes take over the world...
You won't have your folks
To blame for all the stuff
That's your fault"
Fitting, eh?
CP- They Might Be Giants- When Tornadoes Take Over the World

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
<mailto:Turtl...@hotmail.comeonanddoummsomestuff> wrote in message

> Heh, my fav Japanese (for fear of setting off the Nihon/Nippon-go flamewar
> again)

'Cause you all know it's Nippon...

> "huh?" is "unn?". It just sounds so nifty!

And like "Oro?" and "Nani?" and "HFIL" people don't stop and ask what you
said! It's amazing how many people let HFIL slip by in a conversation...

> BTW, my excuse for not buying fansubs is

Namu namu namu namu namu....

> 1.) I'm saving up for the holy Playstation 2.

Heheh, that's *definitely* an excuse.

> 2.) I don't like buying things over the 'net.

Same as mail-order catalog! Safer then walking to the store if you life in
some Middle-Eastern countries...

> 3.) Cut me some slack. We're both 14, and our parents still dominate both
> our lives, right?

Have ultimate veto, yes. Dominate? Not me. I control *all* the small parts
of my life; which comprise most of it.

> I doubt they'd want me buying something that's illegal

That's a very foggy line, mister...

> and contains so much
> uncensored violence, nudity, and (eh a little bit) swearing.

Fortunately my parents don't care about violence at all, swearing as long as
I don't *say* it in front of them is fine, and nudity is almost non-existant
in DB*Z*

> (of course little brother
> would want to watch, too, which would be half of this reason)

There's something to be said for that reason
-Vejita

I horrendously misjudged #SSPPP, it's a great place!
CP- The Fine Print- English

SSJ Rampager

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
Thanks Vejita, and sorry for spelling your name wrong. I'm a horrible
speller. I was just ticked of and I didnt know, I fell for ya...its these
goddamn hormones...they cause paranoya (spelled wrong i know...). I hate
being a teenager, it realy does suck, but instead of drugs or sex or gangs
or violence or smoking or alchohol, I turn to DBZ and AFD. I kinda knew it
was shmouse you were yellin' at anyway. after i had released my sensetivity
and sent the message i thought crap im gonna look like an idiot. I do don't
I. Damn...

--
RAMPAGER

"I don't care how much stronger you are than me, I WILL DEFEAT YOU!"
-Goku of FUNimation, one of the decent dub lines

"These balls, I want to caress them..."
-Freeza of FUNimation, absolutely hilarious

"Holy Cozmos! Look at that thing!"
-Vegeta of FUNimation, FUNi got that from the Jetsons I think

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin <ssjv...@home.com> wrote in
message news:DAHu4.18043$MZ2.2...@news1.wwck1.ri.home.com...

Talen

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 01:32:05 GMT, "SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super
Saiya-jin" <ssjv...@home.com> wrote:

>shmouse <shm...@home.com> wrote in message
>
>> The sad part is, now that you bring it up, that's probably almost exactly
>> how Trunks will sound.
>
>Supposedly from some peops who bought the eps and listened to him during the
>preview he sounds like Gokuu. He should have a slightly deeper voice than
>Gokuu's, Vejita's pace of speech, and Gohan's polite manner; that's Mirai no
>Torankusu when he appears.

<eyetwitch> <EYETWITCH>

They are making...

They are...

<turns to window and blasts a hole in nearby houses>

okay...

They are making Trunks, owner of one of the most damn-cool character
designs I have _ever_ seen, into a _SURFIE?!_

What utter shite. I've yet to see canon-trunks. But I _KNOW_ that he's not
a wastrel surfie; he's an angst-ridden, angry young man (IIRC, of course.
;p). Trunks, part two of the soon-to-be union of food and underwear, is
_not_ some surfie. <snarls> Someone tell me which volumes of the manga
feature him so I can get _real_ Trunks, willya? ;p

>Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Cry my a fucking river you drama queen. The only excuse
>not to get subs is to have no money at all.

Sounds fair to me. That's precisely the reason I don't have any subs.
Period.

>right next to your house. Seems to me you live in Missouri is it? Missisipi?
>Minnesotta? I can never remember state abbreviatons. The point is, subs are
>easy as Hell to find and you have *no* right to bitch about not being able
>to get your hands on them.

I do, of course. Something about being about 3,000 miles from any of these
places... ;p

>-Vejita
>
>I apologize for any I may have offended, but seriously now...

Thing is, some people don't have unlimited maneuverability. My nearest
manga-ya is about 60 kilometers away. That's _nothing_. I can _walk_ that
far in a day.

Problem being is that I don't have the logistical capacity to _get_ there.
So... if I left at 8AM on Saturday, I'd get there by opening time on Sunday
morning.

Of course, your generalised bitch may be sort of silly to Australian
contexts, given that America's about 50 times more densely populated... ;p

Talen

Remove the b from .comb to e-mail
"Obtenez la Vache. Méfiez-vous du Fromage"
http://www.crosswinds.net/~kuroma/
http://www.crosswinds.net/~ksna/

Talen

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:13:19 GMT, "SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super
Saiya-jin" <ssjv...@home.com> wrote:

>Kamesennin doing nothing in particular
><mailto:Turtl...@hotmail.comeonanddoummsomestuff> wrote in message
>> Heh, my fav Japanese (for fear of setting off the Nihon/Nippon-go flamewar
>> again)
>
>'Cause you all know it's Nippon...

Nay... they are Dill-Rats in truth.

>> "huh?" is "unn?". It just sounds so nifty!
>
>And like "Oro?" and "Nani?" and "HFIL" people don't stop and ask what you
>said! It's amazing how many people let HFIL slip by in a conversation...

I've been saying HFIL for about three weeks now and absolutely _nobody_ has
either noticed it or picked me up on it, or even for saying 'what the
hell'? It may be that my family are just sick of me ignoring their cries
for language change...

>> BTW, my excuse for not buying fansubs is
>
>Namu namu namu namu namu....

Gesundheit! No, wait...

>> 1.) I'm saving up for the holy Playstation 2.
>
>Heheh, that's *definitely* an excuse.

Saving up? What is this beast of which you speak?

>> 2.) I don't like buying things over the 'net.
>
>Same as mail-order catalog! Safer then walking to the store if you life in
>some Middle-Eastern countries...

Though I will grant you this; mail-order in some places can be _really_
shonky. Australia's postal and phone services are better than America's by
an _exponent_, but we _still_ lose stuff, and I've got a bad rep for losing
stuff from the mail (Notably, it took me THREE MONTHS to get my Freakin'
Ranma 1/2 manga volume 1 <swear swear swear>), so my family may be a bit
suss about me sending money to other places in envelopes.

>> 3.) Cut me some slack. We're both 14, and our parents still dominate both
>> our lives, right?
>
>Have ultimate veto, yes. Dominate? Not me. I control *all* the small parts
>of my life; which comprise most of it.

That's the way to run it. I've basically got to the point where my fmaily
don't _understand_ half of what I do - so choosing something else is going
to be really odd.

I'm laying odds that, simply out of genetic stubborn rebellion, my son will
become a stereotypical iconoclastic Australian Male, complete with beer gut
and blue singlet.

>> I doubt they'd want me buying something that's illegal
>
>That's a very foggy line, mister...

Yep, one I'd exploit if I could.

>> and contains so much
>> uncensored violence, nudity, and (eh a little bit) swearing.
>
>Fortunately my parents don't care about violence at all, swearing as long as
>I don't *say* it in front of them is fine, and nudity is almost non-existant
>in DB*Z*

All three, however, don't matter if it's not waved under their noses.

Come on - how many of you people tell your parents _absolutely_ everything
about _anything_ you do? If nothing else, you would withold a little bit of
information to keep from getting boring.

>> (of course little brother
>> would want to watch, too, which would be half of this reason)
>
>There's something to be said for that reason

That washes, I'll grant.

>I horrendously misjudged #SSPPP, it's a great place!

>"Let's hear it for blowjobs, people!"
>"You have no idea how many guys I had to sleep with to get here."
>"Today is the horniest day of my life."
>----VegettoEX

And here I was thinking I was special for getting into your sig line...
then again, this is VegettoEX...

<Toen> 15 men on the dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bag of nippless
<Toen> vec would look good with man-tits ;)
<Toen> I wish my penis was as big as Pikachu's

Dragoness Eclectic

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
"SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin" wrote:

> shmouse <shm...@home.com> wrote in message

[snip]

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but...

> <SNIP>
> > It's a shame. Fans like you and I, forced to watch
> > that horrible crap funimation spews out because we have no other
> > alternative...
>
> <WARNING! MEANESS AND CURSING AHEAD>
>

> Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Cry my a fucking river you drama queen. The only excuse

> not to get subs is to have no money at all. Not not being able to find them.
> There're hundreds of sites to get subs from, start by checking

And then there are those of us who agree with VegettoEX's stance
on not supporting bootlegging and rampant copyright infringement.
Sorry, but DragonBall Z isn't in the public domain, nor is it
held by someone who is just sitting on the copyrights and suppressing
publication (one of my few justifications for bootlegging).
What you choose to do with your money is your affair, but I'm
not comfortable seeing bootlegs pushed as something everyone SHOULD get.
Not "can get", "might get if you're interested", but "SHOULD/MUST get or
you're not a true fan".

(OTOH, if FUNI *doesn't* include subtitled Japanese eps on DBZ DVDs
like has been rumored, I'll probably do a 180-turn on the fansubs
issue).

I've seen enough people get indignant when others copy their original
art,
fiction, etc and post it on websites without permission or even credit--
if you (not you, specifically, SSJ Vejita, but y'all) are offended by
theft of YOUR hard work, isn't it hypocritical to *encourage* blatant
theft of DBZ episodes?

--dragoness

--
"..all I do is tell the Truth to the gods.. and I may sometimes
use it for a controlling spell because it is so rarely heard."

shmouse

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
> <SNIP>
> > It's a shame. Fans like you and I, forced to watch
> > that horrible crap funimation spews out because we have no other
> > alternative...
>
> <WARNING! MEANESS AND CURSING AHEAD>
>
> Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Cry my a fucking river you drama queen. The only
excuse
> not to get subs is to have no money at all. Not not being able to find
them.
> There're hundreds of sites to get subs from, start by checking
> www.anipike.com and then move on to search enginges like Yahoo and
Altavista
> and HotBot and Excite and Northern Lights and Ask Jeeves and pretty much
any
> site you can think of. Subtitled eps are the easiest DBZ thing to find
> besides t-shirts. I mean give me a fuckin' break; poor you; you're too
lazy
> to go find a distro. Hell, if you live in NYC you got OK and Games and
James
> right next to your house. Seems to me you live in Missouri is it?
Missisipi?
> Minnesotta? I can never remember state abbreviatons. The point is, subs
are
> easy as Hell to find and you have *no* right to bitch about not being able
> to get your hands on them.
> -Vejita
>
> I apologize for any I may have offended, but seriously now...

For starters, you don't have to act like a bad ass on a newsgroup, you have
nothing to prove. You don't know the reasons why I can't get subs, so don't
go off and say I don't know where to find them. MI is Michigan, try finding
subs in detroit sometime, there isn't really a demand for them in case you
didn't know. I can't get a credit card, if I had the money for them my
parents wouldn't write me a check because they don't approve of the
violence, so "you have *no* right to bitch" about what I care to reply in a
post when it has nothing to do with you.

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
Dragoness Eclectic <cyhi...@pipeline.com> wrote in message

> I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but...

Nah, you raise a valid point, so no flames from me.

> And then there are those of us who agree with VegettoEX's stance
> on not supporting bootlegging and rampant copyright infringement.

<SNIP backup to irrelevant information>

Though this is a topic for a never-ending debate, this is also totally
irrelevant. The person complained because he/she couldn't find subtitled
episodes. Shmouse didn't say "People like me have to get these dubs" at
which point I flamed for being a dubbie; s/he said "I want subs and can't
find them, boo hoo". If instead shmouse had asked *where* to find subs
instead of acting like it was impossible, I would have replied much more
civilly.

> (OTOH, if FUNI *doesn't* include subtitled Japanese eps on DBZ DVDs
> like has been rumored, I'll probably do a 180-turn on the fansubs
> issue).

LoL! So you don't like bootlegs as long as you can get your share right? I
hate to tell you, but fansubbing is no more illegal or immoral now than it
would be if Funi doesn't release the DVD (which, BtW, is a confirmed
decision; not a rumor IIRC), you'll ust find it more excusable. Fansubs will
never be as good as subbed DVDs, but $30 for 3 episodes (the estimate righ
tnow) is highway robbery.

> I've seen enough people get indignant when others copy their original
> art,
> fiction, etc and post it on websites without permission or even credit--

All fansubs I've ever gotten still retain the information of who subbed it
and the credits for who created the show- all the credit you could ask for.

> if you (not you, specifically, SSJ Vejita, but y'all) are offended by
> theft of YOUR hard work, isn't it hypocritical to *encourage* blatant
> theft of DBZ episodes?

If I offer my art for a price (yeah, not bloody likely) and it's very
popular, I'll be happy. Now suppose someone took a low-quality replica with
which they included...say...an explanation of what the picture was trying to
convey and the meaning behind the pretty image and making a little money; I
wouldn't care. It's not hurting my sales because they're totally different
markets, and they deserve a bit of money for the effort they put into it.
That's just IMNSHO of course.
-Vejita

I've had Audio Catalyst open for the past 3 days trying to send the
Never-Ending Story Disc 1 tracklist to CDDB but things keep sidetracking me.
CP- They Might Be Giants- Put Your Hand in the Puppet Head

--
Vejita, The One and Only SMDTDSLAAC
Inventor of DragonSig! Creator of the "True Song Parodies" of Dragonball!
The Earth crumbles below him!

AIM: SSJ9Vejita
UIN: 2915046 (That's an ICQ number for you newbies ^_^)

"Let's hear it for blowjobs, people!"

"You have no idea how many guys I had to sleep with to get here."
"Today is the horniest day of my life."
----VegettoEX

http://vejita.rydia.net

SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00

> For starters, you don't have to act like a bad ass on a newsgroup, you
have
> nothing to prove.

You just contradicted yourself. You are correct, I have nothing to prove. If
I had something to prove, I would rant on
A) Something I didn't really feel strongly about
B) Something I disagreed with
C) Something you couldn't help.

This is none of these. Also I would say the same to you IRL, so this isn't
just an NG thing. If you're one of those people who will bring physical
stature into this; don't bother, I don't care

> You don't know the reasons why I can't get subs, so don't
> go off and say I don't know where to find them.

As I previously stated; the only excuses to not get fansubs are
A) No money at all (temporary problem)
B) No internet access (which obviously isn't your problem)

> MI is Michigan,

D'oh!

> try finding
> subs in detroit sometime, there isn't really a demand for them in case you
> didn't know.

Yeah but you get to get all sorts of cool ICP shizzit ^_^.

> I can't get a credit card, if I had the money for them my
> parents wouldn't write me a check because they don't approve of the
> violence, so "you have *no* right to bitch"

Ok, now I'm gonna speak slowly-
There are these things...called...money orders. All convenience stores and
post offices will give you one. You pay whatever the value is plus ~$0.89
and get a piece of paper that's like a check, only it doesn't take weeks to
clear. It's god for mail-order, learn it and love it. Any fansub site will
*tell* you they prefer money orders. Also, insured envelopes of cash are 98%
reliable, and if they don't go through you get your money back.

> about what I care to reply in a
> post when it has nothing to do with you.

You posted it on AFD, AFD is a public discussion forum, I read AFD, I wanted
to join the discussion. Besides- ipso facto, whatever you put on USENET is
*everyone*'s business.
-Vejita

Hehehe, that reminded me off "This is an A and B thread, so C ya later!"
CP- They Might Be Giants- They Got Lost

Cool Mo B, The Hipster Miracle Man

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00
wow Vejita, you know what this is...computer rivalry!

except this time it's more boring, but still, it's good, like when there's bad
episodes of Frasier. Sure, it's not the best, but still, it's Frasier!

did i spell it right?

Catcha on The Flipside
(like a narc)

cP - Anti-Flag - Right On!

"SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin" wrote:

Kamesennin doing nothing in particular

Feb 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/29/00

Dragoness Eclectic <cyhi...@pipeline.com> wrote

> (OTOH, if FUNI *doesn't* include subtitled Japanese eps on DBZ DVDs
> like has been rumored, I'll probably do a 180-turn on the fansubs
> issue).

Here's the skinny on the DVDs. Straight from the horse's er, jacka...
nevermind. ^_^

The top part is Funi's reply, beneath that is my letter. It kind of
disappointed me
how short and form-letter it seemed. :-(

RE: DBZ ON DVD
The FUNimation Store has Volumes 1-17 on DVD format. They are only available
in the censored version. Our price is $24.98. They are on our web site at
www.funimation.net or you may call in your order toll free at 877-465-8669.
DVDs are not yet available for episodes after volume 17 (Episode 53). We are
negotiating with companies to arrange that in the near future. When they
become available you will be able to choose from either the censored or
uncut version for the newest episodes. There are no DVD box sets available
at this time.
Terri
The FUNimation Store

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00
"SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super Saiya-jin" wrote:

> Dragoness Eclectic <cyhi...@pipeline.com> wrote in message
> > I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but...
>
> Nah, you raise a valid point, so no flames from me.
>
> > And then there are those of us who agree with VegettoEX's stance
> > on not supporting bootlegging and rampant copyright infringement.
> <SNIP backup to irrelevant information>

> Though this is a topic for a never-ending debate, this is also totally
> irrelevant. The person complained because he/she couldn't find subtitled
> episodes. Shmouse didn't say "People like me have to get these dubs" at
> which point I flamed for being a dubbie; s/he said "I want subs and can't
> find them, boo hoo". If instead shmouse had asked *where* to find subs
> instead of acting like it was impossible, I would have replied much more
> civilly.

Ah! I guess I read the original too fast and missed the exact point
of contention. My apologies.

> > (OTOH, if FUNI *doesn't* include subtitled Japanese eps on DBZ DVDs
> > like has been rumored, I'll probably do a 180-turn on the fansubs
> > issue).
>

> LoL! So you don't like bootlegs as long as you can get your share right? I
> hate to tell you, but fansubbing is no more illegal or immoral now than it
> would be if Funi doesn't release the DVD (which, BtW, is a confirmed
> decision; not a rumor IIRC), you'll ust find it more excusable. Fansubs will
> never be as good as subbed DVDs, but $30 for 3 episodes (the estimate righ
> tnow) is highway robbery.

If you read my original post carefully, I said that the one
justification
I ever had was when the copyright owner sits on it and suppresses
publication--
as happened for a time with Doc Smith's classic "Lensman" stories. Once
creative work has been sold/released/whatever to the world, it is merely
another form of censorship to use copyright to forbid absolutely its
publication.
Please note I don't not dispute an author's right to profit from his
work,
merely the right to suppress or censor that which is *already* part of
the
world's body of literature or mythology.

> > I've seen enough people get indignant when others copy their original
> > art,
> > fiction, etc and post it on websites without permission or even credit--
>
> All fansubs I've ever gotten still retain the information of who subbed it
> and the credits for who created the show- all the credit you could ask for.

Point noted.

> > if you (not you, specifically, SSJ Vejita, but y'all) are offended by
> > theft of YOUR hard work, isn't it hypocritical to *encourage* blatant
> > theft of DBZ episodes?
>
> If I offer my art for a price (yeah, not bloody likely) and it's very
> popular, I'll be happy. Now suppose someone took a low-quality replica with
> which they included...say...an explanation of what the picture was trying to
> convey and the meaning behind the pretty image and making a little money; I
> wouldn't care. It's not hurting my sales because they're totally different
> markets, and they deserve a bit of money for the effort they put into it.

There is a fine line between "copyright infringement" and "free
advertising",
isn't there? I think of fanfics and fan web-sites as "free
advertising",
but there have been idiots (like Paramount with Star Trek) who thought
that
was "copyright infringement". However, I thought VegettoEX made a valid
point
on his site that offering full length, high-quality subs for FREE or the
cost
of a tape does some serious damage to anyone else's ability (e.g.
FUNI's) to
sell commercial-quality subs. It certainly fits the legal definition of
copyright
infringement, and if the monetary loss is large enough (and it probably
is,
given the swelling numbers of DBZ fans in the U.S.), it falls into the
area
of criminal copyright infringement.

Food for thought.

Neal

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00
>except this time it's more boring, but still, it's good, like when there's
>bad
>episodes of Frasier. Sure, it's not the best, but still, it's Frasier!

Fraiser... bad episode... Huh?

Neal
The Super Sapien-jin

A lot of Diet Mountain Dew was probably harmed during the production of this
message.

Steve Bauer

Mar 1, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/1/00
what the heck do you got against surfer dudes, i know what you mean, it
would be strange for him to have that kind of ovoice, but damned, i guess
you cant stand other kinds of fricken people -DUDE!-
Talen <tal...@optusnet.comb.au> wrote in message

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 01:32:05 GMT, "SSJ Vejita, With a 2 Inch Super
> Saiya-jin" <ssjv...@home.com> wrote:
>
> >shmouse <shm...@home.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> The sad part is, now that you bring it up, that's probably almost
exactly
> >> how Trunks will sound.
> >
> >Supposedly from some peops who bought the eps and listened to him during
the
> >preview he sounds like Gokuu. He should have a slightly deeper voice than
> >Gokuu's, Vejita's pace of speech, and Gohan's polite manner; that's Mirai
no
> >Torankusu when he appears.
>
> <eyetwitch> <EYETWITCH>
>
> They are making...
>
> They are...
>
> <turns to window and blasts a hole in nearby houses>
>
> okay...
>
> They are making Trunks, owner of one of the most damn-cool character
> designs I have _ever_ seen, into a _SURFIE?!_
>
> What utter shite. I've yet to see canon-trunks. But I _KNOW_ that he's not
> a wastrel surfie; he's an angst-ridden, angry young man (IIRC, of course.
> ;p). Trunks, part two of the soon-to-be union of food and underwear, is
> _not_ some surfie. <snarls> Someone tell me which volumes of the manga
> feature him so I can get _real_ Trunks, willya? ;p
>
> >Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Cry my a fucking river you drama queen. The only
excuse
> >not to get subs is to have no money at all.
>
> Sounds fair to me. That's precisely the reason I don't have any subs.
> Period.
>
> >right next to your house. Seems to me you live in Missouri is it?
Missisipi?
> >Minnesotta? I can never remember state abbreviatons. The point is, subs
are
> >easy as Hell to find and you have *no* right to bitch about not being
able
> >to get your hands on them.
>
> I do, of course. Something about being about 3,000 miles from any of these
> places... ;p
>
> >-Vejita
> >
> >I apologize for any I may have offended, but seriously now...
>
> Thing is, some people don't have unlimited maneuverability. My nearest
> manga-ya is about 60 kilometers away. That's _nothing_. I can _walk_ that
> far in a day.
>
> Problem being is that I don't have the logistical capacity to _get_ there.
> So... if I left at 8AM on Saturday, I'd get there by opening time on
Sunday
> morning.
>
> Of course, your generalised bitch may be sort of silly to Australian
> contexts, given that America's about 50 times more densely populated... ;p

Talen

Mar 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/28/00
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:18:41 -0500, "Steve Bauer" <Stra...@ameritech.net>
wrote:

>what the heck do you got against surfer dudes, i know what you mean, it
>would be strange for him to have that kind of ovoice, but damned, i guess
>you cant stand other kinds of fricken people -DUDE!-

How about the fact I live in a surfer town and it's totally out of
character for Trunks to _be_ a surfer dude? Hmmm???

For the better part, I get along with people of all stripes. I'm no racist
- I hate everyone.