Dragonball On Cartoon Network [Q]

1 vue

Chris Morse

non lue,
22 févr. 2003, 22:46:0822/02/2003

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to Dragonball, and I've gotten hooked on the original (?)
Dragonball.. I figure I'll get into Dragonball Z and GT later, but
I'm interested in just Dragonball for now.

The Cartoon Network has been playing Dragonball at 5PM weekdays and
2:30PM Saturdays. From the time I started watching, they've been
playing the 3rd season (saga?), so I haven't seen anything from
earlier than that.

Checking Cartoon Network, it looks like after the end of this month,
Dragonball will not be shown during the week; or at all for that
matter. It just stops! Anyone know if they're going to re-run it
all? Are new episodes being made?

I have an ATI TV Wonder card, and I've been capturing all the episodes
I can. I have most of the 3rd season (saga?) with the exception of a
few episods. I'm capturing to mpeg-1 and converting to 230MB DiVX
5.02 AVI files.

Aside from that, can I buy the DVD's? Ack - how much would it cost to
get ALL the epsides? Are they even all out on DVD?

Thanks for any info!

// CHRIS

Here's a list of the episodes I've got so far:

Dragonball-3x10-The Return Of Goku-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x03-Strange Visitor-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x05-The Land Of Korin-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x06-The Notorious Mercenary-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x07-Tao Attacks-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x08-Korin Tower-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x09-Sacred Water-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x02-Penguin Village-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x11-The Last Mercenary Tao-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x12-Confront The Red Ribbon Army-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x13-A Real Bind-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x14-The End Of Commander Red-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x15-The Last Dragon Ball-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x16-Who Is Fortuneteller Baba-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x17-We Are The Five Warriors-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x18-Deadly Battle-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x19-Goku's Turn-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x20-The Devilmite Beam-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x21-The Mysterious Fifth Man-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x22-The Strong Ones-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x23-True Colors Of The Masked Man-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x24-Pilaf's Tactics-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x25-The Eternal Dragon Rises-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x26-Terror And Plague-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x27-Goku vs The Sky Dragon-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x28-Goku Goes To Demon Land-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x29-The Rampage of InoShikaCho-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x30-Which Way To Papaya Island-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x31-Rivals And Arrivals-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x32-Preliminary Peril-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x33-Then There Were Eight-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x34-Yamcha vs Tien-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x35-Yamcha's Big Break-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x36-Full Moon Vengeance-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x37-The Dodon Wave-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x38-Counting Controversy-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x39-Goku Enters The Ring-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x40-Tien Shinhan vs Jackie Chun-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x41-Stepping Down-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x42-Goku vs Krillin-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x43-Tail's Tale-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3X44-Final Match Goku vs Tien-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3X45-Victory's Edge-DiVX5.avi
Dragonball-3x48-The Fallen-DiVX5.avi

44 Episodes (9.51 GB)

VegettoEX

non lue,
23 févr. 2003, 01:00:1223/02/2003
< snip most >

<< I'm capturing to mpeg-1 and converting to 230MB DiVX 5.02 AVI files >>

.... so you're capturing to a horribly lossy "codec" and converting it to yet
another horribly lossy codec? Sexcellent quality indeed! Why not just capture
into uncompressed AVI and THEN convert over... ? I've got an ATI card, myself,
and know for a fact it can do it...

As for DVDs, FUNimation has been releasing it pretty quickly, actually! The
"Tournament" boxset is out, and I think some others, as well...

zstore.com has them all listed, but you can get them for much cheaper prices on
places like Amazon and Best Buy.

- VegettoEX
www.daizex.com

Ben Bigwig

non lue,
23 févr. 2003, 10:46:4223/02/2003
> Checking Cartoon Network, it looks like after the end of this month,
> Dragonball will not be shown during the week; or at all for that
> matter. It just stops! Anyone know if they're going to re-run it
> all? Are new episodes being made?

First of all, just to clarify-- you probably knew this, but your wording
suggests you might not-- there are no "new" episodes of any Dragonball
series. Dragonball has been over since the mid-nineties in Japan, and we are
simply having old episodes imported and dubbed into English here. You
probably knew all that, but I just wanted to make sure.

Second, what will probably happen is that DB will go off Cartoon Network's
schedule for a while, then come back on when they have new episodes.
Presumably the Piccolo Saga of DB is being dubbed right now, but I haven't
been keeping up on it. Once they're finished you will certainly see DB on
Cartoon Network again.

Incidentally, I believe DB is being played during the massive Toonami
Saturday block that Cartoon Network will be premiering in just a couple
weeks. So take a look for it in that schedule.

One last note-- it's fine if you're encoding those episodes for your own
use, but if you're thinking about distributing them to others, this is not
the place to do it. Discussion of illegal episode copies and downloads is
frowned upon here because it ignites too much controversy and flaming.
Please respect the FAQ (posted every Tuesday). Thanks and good luck with
finding more Dragonball!
--
Ben Bigwig
benb...@earthlink.net

Chris Morse

non lue,
23 févr. 2003, 23:02:1923/02/2003
On 23 Feb 2003 06:00:12 GMT, vege...@aol.comnospam (VegettoEX)
wrote:

>As for DVDs, FUNimation has been releasing it pretty quickly, actually! The
>"Tournament" boxset is out, and I think some others, as well...

Ahh,.. Yeah, I read up on some of the Dragonball history last night
after I posted this message. Dragonball (the original) is probably
one of the few TV series I would buy on DVD.

>zstore.com has them all listed, but you can get them for much cheaper prices on
>places like Amazon and Best Buy.

Thanks!

// CHRIS

> - VegettoEX
>www.daizex.com

Chris Morse

non lue,
23 févr. 2003, 23:06:1723/02/2003
On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:46:42 GMT, "Ben Bigwig"
<benb...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Checking Cartoon Network, it looks like after the end of this month,
>> Dragonball will not be shown during the week; or at all for that
>> matter. It just stops! Anyone know if they're going to re-run it
>> all? Are new episodes being made?
>
>First of all, just to clarify-- you probably knew this, but your wording
>suggests you might not-- there are no "new" episodes of any Dragonball
>series. Dragonball has been over since the mid-nineties in Japan, and we are
>simply having old episodes imported and dubbed into English here. You
>probably knew all that, but I just wanted to make sure.

Actually, I didn't know that yesterday until after I posted the
message and found a website with a great history of Dragonball..

>Second, what will probably happen is that DB will go off Cartoon Network's
>schedule for a while, then come back on when they have new episodes.
>Presumably the Piccolo Saga of DB is being dubbed right now, but I haven't
>been keeping up on it. Once they're finished you will certainly see DB on
>Cartoon Network again.

Great! I would hate to think I missed it all...

>Incidentally, I believe DB is being played during the massive Toonami
>Saturday block that Cartoon Network will be premiering in just a couple
>weeks. So take a look for it in that schedule.

I'll definitely check it out.. Thanks

>One last note-- it's fine if you're encoding those episodes for your own
>use, but if you're thinking about distributing them to others, this is not
>the place to do it. Discussion of illegal episode copies and downloads is
>frowned upon here because it ignites too much controversy and flaming.
>Please respect the FAQ (posted every Tuesday). Thanks and good luck with
>finding more Dragonball!

Sorry about that. Not trying to do anything illegal..

Thanks & Cheers!
// CHRIS

0 nouveau message