oksoda

1 view

Anthony Davis

Jul 21, 1994, 8:46:30 PM7/21/94
'd never heard of OK Soda here in portland... never heard, seen,
or anything of the sort until i ended up in Seattle... i must admit it does
taste kinda like shasta or something... the Coca-Cola, huh? how disappointing.

perhaps we will find some really wierd consumables some day...

tony

p.s. 'preteens and squares'... where'd you get so hip anyway?

R. Michael Litchfield

Jul 23, 1994, 6:40:15 AM7/23/94
In article <30n4t6$1...@sun.lclark.edu>,

Anthony Davis <to...@sun.lclark.edu> wrote:
>'d never heard of OK Soda here in portland... never heard, seen,
>or anything of the sort until i ended up in Seattle... i must admit it does
>taste kinda like shasta or something... the Coca-Cola, huh? how disappointing.

Why?

Why does the fact that a major corporation can do something cool disappoint
you, why is it only good if it is done by a minor label.

Is a song any better if it comes out of MCA than if it comes out of Watermelon?

>perhaps we will find some really wierd consumables some day...

Why is that so important to you? Aren't you allowing your life to be defined
by the large commercial interests if the only things which will make you happy
don't come from them?

>tony

-Michael

--
1-800-I-FEEL-OK

Nick Moffitt

Jul 25, 1994, 9:39:08 PM7/25/94

1) OK soda is a "graveyard" meaning it is equal parts of every soft
drink Coca-Cola ever made
2) OK soda is an attempt to rid the "big brother" image that Coca-Cola
company accidentally achieved by buying ad space in "Blade Runner"
3) OK soda is reverse psychology. OK soda is "non-advertising"

You have all fallen for it.
Just because you're flying in formation doesn't mean you have the
right bearing.
I hve never, and never will A) buy OK soda or B) call that
infernal 800 number. All 800's have ANI and I do not wish my phone
number being used for marketing research by "big brother"

--
----------------------------------------- be...@eskimo.com
|@@@@@@@^^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^@@@@@@@@| The Beta Pirate
|@@@@@@^ ~^ @ @@ @ @ @ I ~^@@@@@@| "EXPIATION! I DEMAND EXPIATION!"
|@@@@@ ~ ~~ ~I @@@@@|

Jason Gilroy

Jul 26, 1994, 10:24:24 AM7/26/94
Nick Moffitt (be...@eskimo.com) wrote:

: 1) OK soda is a "graveyard" meaning it is equal parts of every soft
: drink Coca-Cola ever made

I dunno about that, my guess is that it is some sort of combination of
other drinks.

: 2) OK soda is an attempt to rid the "big brother" image that Coca-Cola

: company accidentally achieved by buying ad space in "Blade Runner"

Umm, try alt.illuminati or something.

: 3) OK soda is reverse psychology. OK soda is "non-advertising"

OK Soda is a marketing scam, plain and simple. an experiment. Who cares?
The shit is good, an I happen to like thier "scam".
:
: You have all fallen for it.

Speak for yourself.

: Just because you're flying in formation doesn't mean you have the

: right bearing.
: I hve never, and never will A) buy OK soda or B) call that
: infernal 800 number. All 800's have ANI and I do not wish my phone
: number being used for marketing research by "big brother"

_most_ 800's have ANI. I'm sure that IFEELOK does have ANI, for marketing
research. Coca cola is "big brother"? Thats news to me. Clue me in to
this great theory.

Are you from AOL? oh, guess not.

: -- :

----------------------------------------- be...@eskimo.com
: |@@@@@@@^^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^@@@@@@@@| The Beta Pirate
: |@@@@@@^ ~^ @ @@ @ @ @ I ~^@@@@@@| "EXPIATION! I DEMAND EXPIATION!"
: |@@@@@ ~ ~~ ~I @@@@@|

--
=======================================alt.2600 AOL-miniFAQ===================
hot...@max.tiac.net | K | Go, to Rat Shack, buy the dialer. Open it. See

John M Price

Jul 26, 1994, 4:56:29 PM7/26/94
Jason Gilroy (hot...@max.tiac.net) wrote:
: Nick Moffitt (be...@eskimo.com) wrote:

<snip>

: : I hve never, and never will A) buy OK soda or B) call that

: : infernal 800 number. All 800's have ANI and I do not wish my phone
: : number being used for marketing research by "big brother"

: _most_ 800's have ANI. I'm sure that IFEELOK does have ANI, for marketing
: research. Coca cola is "big brother"? Thats news to me. Clue me in to
: this great theory.

All 800 numbers are traceable. Note, that in the US when you make a LD
call, the number called appears on your statement. (In Europe, I do not
believe this is so, seems they had had a bad experience with facism, and
the effect that this recording of phone numbers had on the underground was
not positive - hence they don't record this data. Too bad the US is
simply launching itself into this same bad experience.) In a similar
fashion, when the bill comes for the 800 (WATS) line, it too has all the
numbers that called it.

: Are you from AOL? oh, guess not.

: : -- :
: ----------------------------------------- be...@eskimo.com
: : |@@@@@@@^^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^@@@@@@@@| The Beta Pirate
: : |@@@@@@^ ~^ @ @@ @ @ @ I ~^@@@@@@| "EXPIATION! I DEMAND EXPIATION!"
: : |@@@@@ ~ ~~ ~I @@@@@|

: --
: =======================================alt.2600 AOL-miniFAQ===================
: hot...@max.tiac.net | K | Go, to Rat Shack, buy the dialer. Open it. See
: "Even the losers get | O | the metallic thing? Take it out. Purchase a
: lucky sometimes" -- | A | 6.5 mHz crystal. Put it where the mettalic thing
: Tom Petty | M | was. Put 5 *'s into memory. Now you have -NO-
: _Even the Losers_ | ! | excuse for posting the goddamn redbox question.
: ==============================================================================

John M. Price, Ph.C.(ABD)| Physiological Emphasis - Likes machines too!
Psychology Department | finger ez00...@othello.ucdavis.edu for PGP Key
University of California | or send email request. Privacy IS freedom.
Davis, CA 95616 | Ask the Chancellor to speak for this place!

David Filippi

Jul 27, 1994, 1:57:57 AM7/27/94
In article <3136ao$o...@sundog.tiac.net>,

Jason Gilroy <hot...@max.tiac.net> wrote:
>Nick Moffitt (be...@eskimo.com) wrote:

>: infernal 800 number. All 800's have ANI and I do not wish my phone
>: number being used for marketing research by "big brother"
>

>_most_ 800's have ANI. I'm sure that IFEELOK does have ANI, for marketing
>research. Coca cola is "big brother"? Thats news to me. Clue me in to
>this great theory.

"No secret government agent has monitored your call; it is being used
to collect marketing information only. Thanks a lot. Please call again
as time permits, and feel free to enjoy OK soda on various 'OK'-sions."

-- 1-800-I-FEEL-OK, after pressing '2' to hear how OK soda has changed
the lives of people not unlike yourself.

--
Dave Filippi
(fili...@husc.harvard.edu)

Cat Yron

Sep 7, 1994, 11:05:02 AM9/7/94
Nick Moffitt writes:

{OK soda is a "graveyard" meaning it is equal parts of every soft
drink Coca-Cola ever made}

The term "graveyard soda" reminds me of a similar phrase, "Suicide Coke."

When i was a kid, my parents briefly left the paradise of Berkeley for the
hellholes of Santa Monica, where my misguided Evil Step-father decided he
wanted to run a restaurant. He bought a Greek lunch spot called The
Chicken Nest, on Pico Blvd., and learned how to make foods fried in lard.
The soon-to-be-former-owner, before taking his money and running (back to
his Agean village) told my Evil Step-father that he had to keep all the
waitresses and the bus boy working, and thus i met Bobby the Bus Boy.
Bobby was only 14, but he was tall and he had been working there since he
was 12, in violation of child labor laws, but this was considered fine
because "his mother is blind." He came in every day after school and
washed dishes and flirted with girls his age, while i, a mere 8 year old,
watched enviously.

Every day, Bobby threatened to make something he called a "Suicide Coke"
and drink it while i watched. I had no idea what it was, but he really had
me going. I wanted to try it too. One day, when the girls were not there
flirting with him, he concocted this drink. It consisted of one squirt
from every one of the fountain syrups (Coke, Cherry, Pineapple, Orange,
Lemon, Chocolate) mixed with soda water, into which a scoop of vanilla ice
cream was dumped, the whole topped off with whipped cream, chopped nuts,
and a maraschino cherry. In short, a "Suicide Coke" consisted of one part
everything in the fountain.

It wasn't bad...but it wasn't good either.

Is this what OK Soda tastes like?

catherine