[B] why...

Owen -Earth Native- Cameron

Mar 17, 2002, 11:53:10 PM3/17/02

hmm.

Just to say hi

:)

.../Nemo

----
.sig on diet. do not feed

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Mar 18, 2002, 6:03:15 AM3/18/02
ne...@titanic.goldweb.com.au (Owen -Earth Native- Cameron) writes:

> hmm.
>
> Just to say hi
>
> :)
>

> .../Nemo

Yay! One of the old ones! But I really think the post skould have been
listed [B] and not [B]. I don't see it's on topic at all :-)

Ah. The memories. Does anyone remember when we invented Mac-encoding
:-)

Best
Kaare

--
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen fie...@daimi.au.dk
Please add NOSPAM for sending spamletters :-)

Screwtape

Mar 18, 2002, 7:45:47 AM3/18/02
m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.

>ne...@titanic.goldweb.com.au (Owen -Earth Native- Cameron) writes:
>
>> hmm.
>>
>> Just to say hi
>>
>> :)
>
>Yay! One of the old ones! But I really think the post skould have been
>listed [B] and not [B]. I don't see it's on topic at all :-)

Good point. At your insistance, I have amended the subject line.

>Ah. The memories. Does anyone remember when we invented Mac-encoding
>:-)

Axewqr[W.
///QJP OA RU[OMF PM ,X LWUVPes eofjr mpw/

--
___________ ____________________________
| Screwtape | Reply-To: munged on Usenet |________ ______ ____ __ _ _ _
|
| "Earthworms are really good with dirt.. Is this too technical?" -- M*A*S*H

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Mar 19, 2002, 10:50:43 AM3/19/02
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.
> >ne...@titanic.goldweb.com.au (Owen -Earth Native- Cameron) writes:
> >
> >> hmm.
> >>
> >> Just to say hi
> >>
> >> :)
> >
> >Yay! One of the old ones! But I really think the post skould have been
> >listed [B] and not [B]. I don't see it's on topic at all :-)
>
> Good point. At your insistance, I have amended the subject line.
>
> >Ah. The memories. Does anyone remember when we invented Mac-encoding
> >:-)
>
> Axewqr[W.

> ///QJP OA RU[OMF PM ,X LWUVPes eofjr mpw/

%
Upi ,oaaws XJeXRWE RJWEW

VWAR
LEW

Rasher

Mar 19, 2002, 2:57:18 PM3/19/02
On 19 Mar 2002 16:50:43 +0100, Kaare Fiedler Christiansen
<fie...@daimi.au.dk> wrote:

>s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
>
>> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.

>> >Yay! One of the old ones! But I really think the post skould have been
>> >listed [B] and not [B]. I don't see it's on topic at all :-)
>> Good point. At your insistance, I have amended the subject line.

Really, isn't this more [B] than anything else? I've changed the subject
accordingly.

>> >Ah. The memories. Does anyone remember when we invented Mac-encoding
>> >:-)
>>
>> Axewqr[W.
>
>> ///QJP OA RU[OMF PM ,X LWUVPes eofjr mpw/
> %
> Upi ,oaaws XJeXRWE RJWEW
>
>VWAR
> LEW

HEY! NO FAIR! Hurg, the horrors of being not-quite-old-timer.

--
Rasher - afda's leading baconite
jfh(at)adr(dot)dk

iain

Mar 19, 2002, 6:50:14 PM3/19/02
Rasher <rash...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 19 Mar 2002 16:50:43 +0100, Kaare Fiedler Christiansen
> <fie...@daimi.au.dk> wrote:
>
>>s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
>>
>>> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.

>>> Good point. At your insistance, I have amended the subject line.
>
> Really, isn't this more [B] than anything else? I've changed the subject
> accordingly.

how many different tags are there again? i'm not sure if i should be
changing it or not, 'cause i don't thing it really ought to be [B]

>>> Axewqr[W.
>>
>>> ///QJP OA RU[OMF PM ,X LWUVPes eofjr mpw/
>> %
>> Upi ,oaaws XJeXRWE RJWEW
>>
>>VWAR
>> LEW
>
> HEY! NO FAIR! Hurg, the horrors of being not-quite-old-timer.

hmmm, i *am* an old-timer, and i can't work that one out :o(

--
iain

af...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

"how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen

Lloyd Gilbert

Mar 19, 2002, 7:37:36 PM3/19/02

I didn't want to say anything, but I'm stumped by it too.

Lloyd
--
"In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade'
appears to be missing" -- Svlad Cjelli

Anorak

Mar 19, 2002, 10:17:28 PM3/19/02
Anorak was siting on a platform on top of a large pole in the grand
alt.fan.douglas-adams, when a message was handed to him, from Amro
Bank <am...@tuig.nl>:

>It was teh Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:53:10 +1100mteenth and
>ne...@titanic.goldweb.com.au (Owen -Earth Native- Cameron) shook teh
>great alt.fan.douglas-adams by sayink:

>>hmm.
>>
>>Just to say hi
>>
>>:)
>>

>>.../Nemo
>

>Wop
>
>Amro, always wanted to do that

Just thought I'd casually mention somewhere that it's my Birthday
today!

--
Anorak
AFDA's resident soothsayer

Arcum Dagsson

Mar 20, 2002, 1:48:56 AM3/20/02
In article <iamf9u01co6ouqg6f...@4ax.com>,
lwg@%dont_spam_me%.iname.com (Lloyd Gilbert) wrote:

Me either. I think our brains may be too highly trained...

OTOH, I do recall the [B] tags, standing for black, blue, beige, etc... Perhaps
[O], [O], and [O] should be added? (On topic, Off topic, and Oscilating wildly,
naturally)

--
--Arcum
"When the end of the world is near, spend the remaining time in a bar."

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Mar 20, 2002, 1:54:08 AM3/20/02
lwg@%dont_spam_me%.iname.com (Lloyd Gilbert) writes:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:50:14 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
>
> >Rasher <rash...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

<snip>

> >> HEY! NO FAIR! Hurg, the horrors of being not-quite-old-timer.
> >
> >hmmm, i *am* an old-timer, and i can't work that one out :o(
>
> I didn't want to say anything, but I'm stumped by it too.

He. It came from a time we discussed keyboards and noticed that on Mac
keyboards, the little notches on two of the keys, to help you place
your fingers correctly, are on the keys "D" and "K" instead of "F" and
"J".

We then thought about the consequences for a blind person and a
Mac-keyboard, replacing every keystroke with the misplaced one.

So
Froopy
becomes
Depp[u
for instance

The worst letter is probably A, which turns into caps lock :-) (hey,
my happy smiley closed the open bracket from your sad smiley).

Best
Kaare

Screwtape

Mar 20, 2002, 4:43:28 AM3/20/02
m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.
>s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
>
>> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.

>> >Yay! One of the old ones! But I really think the post skould have been
>> >listed [B] and not [B]. I don't see it's on topic at all :-)
>>
>> Good point. At your insistance, I have amended the subject line.
>>
>> >Ah. The memories. Does anyone remember when we invented Mac-encoding
>> >:-)
>>
>> Axewqr[W.
>
>> ///QJP OA RU[OMF PM ,X LWUVPes eofjr mpw/
> %
> Upi ,oaaws XJeXRWE RJWEW

Cweu qapeeu. upi EW XPEEWXR/ o AJPI;S Jcw aOS ,[ /

Screwtape,
...rhodpoints to whoever can decipher *that*. :)

--
___________ ____________________________
| Screwtape | Reply-To: munged on Usenet |________ ______ ____ __ _ _ _
|

| "Yes you are a FRÆEK - FØREVER!!!" -- Nikitta Riber

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Mar 20, 2002, 8:15:13 AM3/20/02
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.
> >s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
> >
> >> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.

> >> Good point. At your insistance, I have amended the subject line.

> >> Axewqr[W.
> >
> >> ///QJP OA RU[OMF PM ,X LWUVPes eofjr mpw/
> > %
> > Upi ,oaaws XJeXRWE RJWEW
>
> Cweu qapeeu. upi EW XPEEWXR/ o AJPI;S Jcw aOS ,[ /

% Rjwew upi fp Fom "=_

> Screwtape,
> ...rhodpoints to whoever can decipher *that*. :)

It says:
Very wsorry, you are correct. I should have said mpq.

I want rhodpoints :-)

Screwtape

Mar 20, 2002, 8:02:32 AM3/20/02
m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.
>s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:
>
>> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Kaare Fiedler Christiansen')...done.

>> > %
>> > Upi ,oaaws XJeXRWE RJWEW
>>
>> Cweu qapeeu. upi EW XPEEWXR/ o AJPI;S Jcw aOS ,[ /
> % Rjwew upi fp Fom "=_

Niffwe. "{

>> Screwtape,
>> ...rhodpoints to whoever can decipher *that*. :)
>
>It says:
>Very wsorry, you are correct. I should have said mpq.

Damn, you're good - I thought the tab would have made life rather
hard.. I almost put in double-quotes around "mpq", but decided that
the Enter key was not an easy character to decipher on the screen. :)

>I want rhodpoints :-)

/me tosses a bag of rhodpoints to Kaare. Don't eat them all at once.

--
___________ ____________________________
| Screwtape | Reply-To: munged on Usenet |________ ______ ____ __ _ _ _
|

| "A glance, a stance, a broken romance; a disconnected telephone..." -- DEVO

Caleb Huitt

Mar 20, 2002, 9:58:24 AM3/20/02

Ah. That's what was meant, then. You'll be happy to note, of course,
that the newer Mac keyboards have the nubs in the correct positions, on
the "F" and "J" keys.

That used to be one of my biggest problems when switching between my
keyboard at work and my keyboard at home.

--
Caleb (just Caleb) - No longer huzzah!

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Mar 20, 2002, 11:59:34 AM3/20/02
s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape) writes:

<snip>

> >> Screwtape,
> >> ...rhodpoints to whoever can decipher *that*. :)
> >
> >It says:
> >Very wsorry, you are correct. I should have said mpq.
>
> Damn, you're good - I thought the tab would have made life rather
> hard.. I almost put in double-quotes around "mpq", but decided that
> the Enter key was not an easy character to decipher on the screen. :)

<Snip>

There is a decoding algorithm just as easy as the encoding.
To encode: Place your fingers on D and K instead of F and J. Then
write. Be careful not to read what you write :-)
To decode: Look at the encoded message. Place your fingers on G and
H. Write what is written in the encoded message. You will then have
written the deocded message.

Best
Kaare

Lloyd Gilbert

Mar 20, 2002, 1:52:59 PM3/20/02
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:17:28 GMT, geh...@mcleodusa.net (Anorak) wrote:

>Just thought I'd casually mention somewhere that it's my Birthday
>today!

Well, Happy Birthday to ya!

iain

Mar 20, 2002, 2:07:22 PM3/20/02
Arcum Dagsson <Arcum_...@celticwind.zzn.c.o.m> wrote in message
a:

> In article <iamf9u01co6ouqg6f...@4ax.com>,
> lwg@%dont_spam_me%.iname.com (Lloyd Gilbert) wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:50:14 GMT, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

<snip>

>> >hmmm, i *am* an old-timer, and i can't work that one out :o(
>>
>> I didn't want to say anything, but I'm stumped by it too.
>>
>> Lloyd
>
> Me either. I think our brains may be too highly trained...

now that's a good excuse :o)

> OTOH, I do recall the [B] tags, standing for black, blue, beige,
> etc... Perhaps [O], [O], and [O] should be added? (On topic, Off
> topic, and Oscilating wildly, naturally)

according to the FAQ, it's "blue for relevant posts, brown for irrelevant
posts, and black for /really/ irrelevant posts". i've changed the tag on
this post accordingly.

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Mar 20, 2002, 2:36:44 PM3/20/02
iain <af...@imb.clara.net> writes:

<snip>

> > OTOH, I do recall the [B] tags, standing for black, blue, beige,
> > etc... Perhaps [O], [O], and [O] should be added? (On topic, Off
> > topic, and Oscilating wildly, naturally)
>
> according to the FAQ, it's "blue for relevant posts, brown for irrelevant
> posts, and black for /really/ irrelevant posts". i've changed the tag on
> this post accordingly.

I hereby suggest that we add [B] for beige, meaning *extremely*
irrelevant posts. I find it difficult to search through the posts when
we only have the first three alternatives...

I remeber back when we invented the system, that there was a story
about electrical wires, which are marked "B" "Bl" and "bl" for
"brown", "black" and "blue" accordingly...

Makes you want to join Wonko, doesn't it?

Best
Kaare

Alice Clar

Mar 20, 2002, 3:33:03 PM3/20/02

> Just thought I'd casually mention somewhere that it's my Birthday
> today!
>
> --
> Anorak

hoopy birthday!

Rasher

Mar 20, 2002, 4:06:47 PM3/20/02
On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:45:47 +1100, s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape)
wrote:

>--
> ___________ ____________________________
>| Screwtape | Reply-To: munged on Usenet |________ ______ ____ __ _ _ _
>|
>| "Earthworms are really good with dirt.. Is this too technical?" -- M*A*S*H

qjR OA RJOA RJWM

XJmfomf -aof'arućw qorjpir qEMOMF IA DOEAR

O SPMR LMPQ QJr rp vwćowcw om MU,PEW

--
Rasher - afda's leading baconite
jfh(at)adr(dot)dk

PS beware of the Danish keyboard layout

Owen -Earth Native- Cameron

Mar 20, 2002, 8:34:12 PM3/20/02
In article <xkp3cyv...@alex.daimi.au.dk>, Kaare Fiedler Christiansen wrote:

>There is a decoding algorithm just as easy as the encoding.
>To encode: Place your fingers on D and K instead of F and J. Then
>write. Be careful not to read what you write :-)
>To decode: Look at the encoded message. Place your fingers on G and
>H. Write what is written in the encoded message. You will then have
>written the deocded message.

This kind of assumes you can touchtype, or near equivelant though, surely?

Because I can't touchtype, I've more than once typed "nemo" as "beni"
however. Occasionally as "me,p" as well. I just didn't know it was
mac-encoding ;)

*grins*

I've been google grouping and found out I've posted on 240 or so %afda posts
in almost 8 years...

.../Nemo

Arcum Dagsson

Mar 21, 2002, 12:39:00 AM3/21/02
In article <20020321013412...@dartagnan.goldweb.com.au>,

Actually, I recall that code from here now, too, but didn't recall it being
called mac-encoding.

Oh, and what ever happened to cascades?

--
--Arcum Dagsson
"...The cornerstone of nubby sock philosophy is a fondness for all things

Screwtape

Mar 21, 2002, 4:04:24 AM3/21/02
m_init(): spawning followupTo('Arcum Dagsson')...done.

>Oh, and what ever happened to cascades?

Didn't they die off once the corrupting RHOD influence was removed?

--
___________ ____________________________
| Screwtape | Reply-To: munged on Usenet |________ ______ ____ __ _ _ _
|

| "Stank leaders closing" -- (many) CityRail employees.

Screwtape

Mar 21, 2002, 4:03:52 AM3/21/02
m_init(): spawning followupTo('Rasher')...done.

>On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:45:47 +1100, s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape)
>wrote:
>
>>--
>> ___________ ____________________________
>>| Screwtape | Reply-To: munged on Usenet |________ ______ ____ __ _ _ _
>>|
>>| "Earthworms are really good with dirt.. Is this too technical?" -- M*A*S*H
>>|

>qjR OA RJOA RJWM
>
>XJmfomf -aof'arućw qorjpir qEMOMF IA DOEAR

oare rjR O SOS ,WMROPM OR RP RJW DEPI[ r rjw ro,w. om RJEWs x;;WS
MWQ /AOF
PE AP,WRJOMF/

>O SPMR LMPQ QJr rp vwćowcw om MU,PEW

om ;; UPIE Q;l rjepifj ;odw. ew,w,nwe MS VW;OWCW OM RJOS" VW ;OLW RJW
RQWMRU=AWXPMS W;W[Jmr qorj jwRWS C;iw om a[XW = Vel!

>PS beware of the Danish keyboard layout

Out of curiosity, where *is* the Danish semicolon?

--
___________ ____________________________
| Screwtape | Reply-To: munged on Usenet |________ ______ ____ __ _ _ _
|

| "Ano koudai tokage wa Toukyou o marobasu yo! Aieeeee!"

Till Westermayer

Mar 21, 2002, 11:05:00 AM3/21/02
[18 Mar 02: Kaare (fie...@daimi.au.dk) wrote something]

>ne...@titanic.goldweb.com.au (Owen -Earth Native- Cameron) writes:

>> hmm.
>>
>> Just to say hi
>>
>> :)
>>

>> .../Nemo

>Yay! One of the old ones! But I really think the post skould have
>been listed [B] and not [B]. I don't see it's on topic at all :-)

>Ah. The memories. Does anyone remember when we invented
>Mac-encoding :-)

I should, but I don't. So, what's it about?

till (the next time)

--
"I'm so far to the left I can see the radical fringe flapping
in the breeze way over there!" (Turtle in soc.religion.paganism)

... Till We *) http://www.westermayer.de/till/index.htm

Alex Watson

Mar 21, 2002, 1:49:12 PM3/21/02
I was just about to got out and buy some food for the fish, when
Screwtape kindly supplied me with the following text for them to eat...

><> >It says:
><> >Very wsorry, you are correct. I should have said mpq.
><>
><> Damn, you're good - I thought the tab would have made life rather
><> hard.. I almost put in double-quotes around "mpq", but decided that
><> the Enter key was not an easy character to decipher on the screen. :)

And the equivalent key to " would differ depending on what keyboard you
use.

wsogmm

Mar 21, 2002, 2:27:22 PM3/21/02

"Screwtape" <s...@ferd2.thristian.org> wrote in message

> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Rasher')...done.
> >On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:45:47 +1100, s...@ferd2.thristian.org (Screwtape)
> >wrote:
/snip

> >PS beware of the Danish keyboard layout
>
> Out of curiosity, where *is* the Danish semicolon?

Just at the end of the Danish intestine

D.

MEow

Mar 21, 2002, 4:22:24 PM3/21/02
It was in alt.fan.douglas-adams, I tell you. There I was, hopping
along, minding my own business, when suddenly at Wed, 20 Mar 2002
03:17:28 GMT, geh...@mcleodusa.net (Anorak) appeared in front of me

and said:

>Just thought I'd casually mention somewhere that it's my Birthday
>today!

Hoopy birthday, I hope you'll have a nice one :0)
Dare I ask how old?

Anorak

Mar 21, 2002, 7:32:29 PM3/21/02
Anorak was siting on a platform on top of a large pole in the grand
alt.fan.douglas-adams, when a message was handed to him, from MEow
<nik...@aub.spammustdie.dk>:

15. Yes, that's right, young one here!
:)

--
Anorak
AFDA's resident soothsayer

"In my book 'anorak' means 'a kind of jacket'..." -MEow
geh...@mcleodusa.net | www.starshipbistromath.iwarp.com

Caleb Huitt

Mar 21, 2002, 7:59:59 PM3/21/02
Screwtape wrote:
> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Arcum Dagsson')...done.
>
>>Oh, and what ever happened to cascades?
>

> Didn't they die off once the corrupting RHOD influence was removed?

Didn't they keep happening even after the so-called RHOD influence was
removed?

--
Caleb (just Caleb) - Just double-checking...

Screwtape

Mar 22, 2002, 3:41:03 AM3/22/02
m_init(): spawning followupTo('Caleb Huitt')...done.

>Screwtape wrote:
>> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Arcum Dagsson')...done.
>>
>>>Oh, and what ever happened to cascades?
>>

>> Didn't they die off once the corrupting RHOD influence was removed?
>
>Didn't they keep happening even after the so-called RHOD influence was
>removed?

Do you have any evidence that they kept happening after the alleged
RHOD influence departed?

Ichimusai

Mar 22, 2002, 1:53:08 PM3/22/02
geh...@mcleodusa.net (Anorak) writes:

> Anorak was siting on a platform on top of a large pole in the grand
> alt.fan.douglas-adams, when a message was handed to him, from MEow
> <nik...@aub.spammustdie.dk>:
>
> >It was in alt.fan.douglas-adams, I tell you. There I was, hopping
> >along, minding my own business, when suddenly at Wed, 20 Mar 2002
> >03:17:28 GMT, geh...@mcleodusa.net (Anorak) appeared in front of me
> >and said:
> >>
> >>Just thought I'd casually mention somewhere that it's my Birthday
> >>today!
> >
> >Hoopy birthday, I hope you'll have a nice one :0)
> >Dare I ask how old?
>
> 15. Yes, that's right, young one here!
> :)

And I'm 30 in two days :)

--
\AA#769 ICQ: 1645566 Yahoo & MSN: Ichimusai http://www.ichimusai.org/
IRC: #AmigaSWE!Ichimusai@IRCnet Plan? Mail: krikki...@algonet.se

Lloyd Gilbert

Mar 22, 2002, 3:17:25 PM3/22/02
On 22 Mar 2002 18:53:08 +0000, Ichimusai <ic...@ichimusai.org> wrote:

>And I'm 30 in two days :)

Blimey!

I won't be 30 until, er...

<counts on fingers>

78 days time. I think.

You looking forward to it?

Oh, and in case I forget (quite likely), a Very Happy Birthday to you
in two days time.

Ichimusai

Mar 22, 2002, 5:03:44 PM3/22/02
lwg@%dont_spam_me%.iname.com (Lloyd Gilbert) writes:

> <counts on fingers>
>
> 78 days time. I think.

I remember when I was a youngun like you... :-)

> You looking forward to it?

Well, it's not much different from any other weekend here, I am not
gonna have a party or anything, just take it easy.

> Oh, and in case I forget (quite likely), a Very Happy Birthday to you
> in two days time.

:) Thanks!

--
\AA#769 ICQ: 1645566 Yahoo & MSN: Ichimusai http://www.ichimusai.org/
IRC: #AmigaSWE!Ichimusai@IRCnet Plan? Mail: krikki...@algonet.se
/Support the ASCII ribbon campaign - No HTML, RTF or MS Word in mail\

"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulder blades will
seriously cramp his style."

Caleb Huitt

Mar 22, 2002, 6:05:20 PM3/22/02
Screwtape wrote:
> m_init(): spawning followupTo('Caleb Huitt')...done.
>
>>Screwtape wrote:
>>
>>>m_init(): spawning followupTo('Arcum Dagsson')...done.

>>>Didn't they die off once the corrupting RHOD influence was removed?
>>
>>Didn't they keep happening even after the so-called RHOD influence was
>>removed?
>

> Do you have any evidence that they kept happening after the alleged
> RHOD influence departed?

Is hearsay accepted as evidence?

--
Caleb (just Caleb) - how about say-hear?

Lloyd Gilbert

Mar 22, 2002, 7:01:25 PM3/22/02
On 22 Mar 2002 22:03:44 +0000, in alt.fan.douglas-adams you wrote:

>lwg@%dont_spam_me%.iname.com (Lloyd Gilbert) writes:
>
>> <counts on fingers>
>>
>> 78 days time. I think.
>
>I remember when I was a youngun like you... :-)

<more counting on fingers>

Er....... 2nd of January?

I can't remember the 2nd of January. Your memory is better than mine.

>> You looking forward to it?
>
>Well, it's not much different from any other weekend here, I am not
>gonna have a party or anything, just take it easy.

Good choice.

I'm kinda hoping for some kind of party, personally, but I'll be happy
as long as the day doesn't go horribly nasty.

>> Oh, and in case I forget (quite likely), a Very Happy Birthday to you
>> in two days time.
>
> :) Thanks!

:-)

Kev the Dark Lord

Mar 23, 2002, 5:27:35 PM3/23/02
Lloyd skribis:

> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:17:28 GMT, geh...@mcleodusa.net (Anorak) wrote:
>
>>Just thought I'd casually mention somewhere that it's my Birthday
>>today!
>
> Well, Happy Birthday to ya!

happy birthday and many peanuts from me, too!
--
--Kev BAMuttrcadduser.cofadjtimeaeae.rcalterativesapmaptaumixrcbash.cchatscrip'`
tscosole-toolscro.dailycro.weeklycsh.cshrccslogicsh.logoutdebia_versiodefa284!!!