Re: Fit the fourth - Froup production

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2006, 5:06:28 PM10/12/06

I'm not sure why I didn't get _any_ of this! Probably Tiscali's news
server playing up AGAIN!

Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:

> "Nemo" <earth...@gmail.com> hit the keyboard.
> Afterwards the following was on the screen:

>> FIVE (with equal parts releif, satisfaction, and inner
>> enlightenment): Oh. Neat. You know, that wraps it all up for me
>> perfect. It all makes sense now, and I feel really good about
>> things. So, who's up for a game of Brockian Ultra Cricket then?
>> *looks around*
>
> ONE (Stares at Deep Thought with open jaws and a mindbogglingly
> surprised look in his eyes, barely sensing FIVE has said something)

TWO (slumped down onto the floor, talking to herself, and starting to
curl into a foetal position): We're going to get lynched, you know
that.

Tian

Oct 12, 2006, 9:06:52 PM10/12/06

>>>FIVE (with equal parts releif, satisfaction, and inner
>>>enlightenment): Oh. Neat. You know, that wraps it all up for me
>>>perfect. It all makes sense now, and I feel really good about
>>>things. So, who's up for a game of Brockian Ultra Cricket then?
>>>*looks around*
>>
>>ONE (Stares at Deep Thought with open jaws and a mindbogglingly
>>surprised look in his eyes, barely sensing FIVE has said something)
>>

> TWO (slumped down onto the floor, talking to herself, and starting to
> curl into a foetal position): We're going to get lynched, you know
> that.

DEEP THOUGHT (knowing this won't help much): It was a tough assignment.

--
Tian
Please come to Mountain View to walk a precinct for my campaign!

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Oct 14, 2006, 11:07:25 AM10/14/06
Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.

ONE (still baffled about the mindbogglingly weird result stands with
his mouth wide open): ... Forty TWO???!!!

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------
The logical thing to do with an egg is cook it and eat it, but throwing

Tian

Oct 14, 2006, 1:32:05 PM10/14/06

DEEP THOUGHT (pedantically): I think the problem such as it was was too
broadly based. You never actually stated what the question was.

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2006, 6:28:46 AM10/16/06
Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote:
> Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:
>> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.
>> Afterwards the following was on the screen:

>>> DEEP THOUGHT (knowing this won't help much): It was a tough
>>> assignment.
>>

>> ONE (still baffled about the mindbogglingly weird result stands with
>> his mouth wide open): ... Forty TWO???!!!

TWO (not quite in sync with one): Forty two!!

> DEEP THOUGHT (pedantically): I think the problem such as it was was
> too broadly based. You never actually stated what the
> question was.

TWO (slowly raising herself up again): But it was the Ultimate Question,
the Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything!

(Gestures around as if to indicate Everything)

Tian

Oct 17, 2006, 2:51:30 AM10/17/06
DEEP THOUGHT: Exactly. Now you know that the answer to the Ultimate
Question of Life, the Universe and Everything is forty two,
all you need to do now is find out what the Ultimate
Question is. (Sprinkles display with interesting pixel
patterns while talking.)

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2006, 3:14:27 AM10/17/06

Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote:

TWO (sighs and rolls her eyes at how stupid this incredibly intelligent
computer can seem): All right, all right, all right. Can you *please*
... *tell* us ... the *Question*?

Tian

Oct 18, 2006, 2:34:49 AM10/18/06
DEEP THOUGHT(a bit puzzled about her direction): The Ultimate Question?

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2006, 5:21:45 PM10/18/06

Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote:

TWO (thinking about how computers from seven and a half million years
ago aren't nearly as user friendly as modern ones today): Yes.

Tian

Oct 19, 2006, 3:25:29 AM10/19/06
DEEP THOUGHT: Of Life, the Universe?

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Oct 19, 2006, 4:03:48 PM10/19/06

ONE (really anxious and a bit annoyed that the Speech User Interface
of Deep Thought Updates so slowly): And Everything!!!

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

Windows NT: Insert Wallet into Drive A: and press any key to empty.
--Matt Garrison, MacLine

Tian

Oct 21, 2006, 2:56:37 AM10/21/06
DEEP THOUGHT(blinks high efficiency lights on pannel): And Everything.

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2006, 3:57:54 AM10/21/06

Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote:

> Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:
>> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.
>> Afterwards the following was on the screen:

TWO (very slowly and patiently as if talking to a senile old man): Yes.

Tian

Oct 22, 2006, 3:08:21 AM10/22/06
DEEP THOUGHT (ducking): Tricky.

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2006, 7:56:29 AM10/22/06

Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote:

TWO (moving towards the plug again): But can you do it?

Tian

Oct 23, 2006, 12:51:10 AM10/23/06
DEEP THOUGHT: (significant pause for thought) No.

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Oct 23, 2006, 7:20:50 AM10/23/06

ONE (Wondering what the Zarquon we ran a program for that many
millions of years for): OH GOD...! (slaps forehead)

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

Programming is a race between programmers, who try and make more and
more idiot-proof software, and universe, which produces more and more
remarkable idiots.
Until now, universe leads the race.
- R. Cooka

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2006, 7:29:21 AM10/23/06

TWO (too depressed to slap her forehead, or do anyhting else for that
matter): Oh God ...

(And at least God had the good manners to apologise for causing
inconvenience!)

Tian

Oct 24, 2006, 1:31:26 AM10/24/06
DEEP THOUGHT (offering an olive branch): But I'll tell you who can.

--
Tian
I've been car free since I totaled the stickermobile 10/23 @~ 1PM.

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2006, 9:24:07 AM10/24/06

Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote:

>> (At least God had the good manners to apologise for causing

>> inconvenience!)
>>
> DEEP THOUGHT (offering an olive branch): But I'll tell you who can.

TWO (curious, even though she should know better): Who? Tell us, tell
us.

Tian

Oct 25, 2006, 3:47:53 AM10/25/06
DEEP THOUGHT: I speak of none but the computer that is to come after me.
A computer whose merest operational parameters I am not
worthy to calculate -- and yet I will design it for you. A
computer which can calculate the question to the Ultimate
answer, a computer of such infinite and subtle complexity
that organic life itself will form part of its operational
matrix. /And you yourselves shall take on new forms and go
down into the computer to navigate its ten million year
programme. Yes, I shall design this computer for you, and I
shall name it for you./ And it shall be called the Earth.

pippa...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2006, 6:34:26 AM10/25/06

Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote:

TWO: Oh. What a dull name.

(She shrugs)

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Oct 25, 2006, 5:21:46 PM10/25/06
<pippa...@gmail.com> hit the keyboard.

ONE stands silent, just looking like life is'nt worth living anymore after
waiting millions of years.

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

Great idea. By the time you'll be done you will realize that 40 years
have passed, 386 has been obsolete for a few decades and the end result
is not really that much faster.
-- Wichert Akkerman

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Oct 26, 2006, 12:42:54 PM10/26/06

THE FROUPOPHONIC WORKSHOP: Bleep-a-bleep-dooooooop! (as the recording
turns of)

Best
Kåre

Tian

Oct 26, 2006, 2:04:38 PM10/26/06
SLARTIBARTFAST: So there you have it. Deep Thought designed it,
we built it and you lived on it.

--
Tian
I've been car free since I totaled the stickermobile 10/23 @~ 1PM.

Tuesday Oct. 31st. is the last day I can accept political donations.

iain

Oct 26, 2006, 7:08:36 PM10/26/06

>>>ONE stands silent, just looking like life is'nt worth living anymore
>>>after waiting millions of years.
>>

>> THE FROUPOPHONIC WORKSHOP: Bleep-a-bleep-dooooooop! (as the recording
>> turns of)
>>
> SLARTIBARTFAST: So there you have it. Deep Thought designed it,
> we built it and you lived on it.

ARTHUR: And the Vogons came and destroyed it five minutes before the
programme was completed.

--
iain

af...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/
"how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen

Tian

Oct 27, 2006, 1:57:43 PM10/27/06
iain wrote:
> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in

>>>THE FROUPOPHONIC WORKSHOP: Bleep-a-bleep-dooooooop! (as the recording
>>>turns of)
>>>

>>SLARTIBARTFAST: So there you have it. Deep Thought designed it,
>> we built it and you lived on it.
>

> ARTHUR: And the Vogons came and destroyed it five minutes before the
> programme was completed.

SLARTIBARTFAST: Yes, Ten million years of planning and work gone just
like that. Well, that's bureaucracy for you.

iain

Nov 4, 2006, 6:48:29 PM11/4/06
Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in news:ehtgm...@enews4.newsguy.com:

>>>SLARTIBARTFAST: So there you have it. Deep Thought designed it,
>>> we built it and you lived on it.
>>

>> ARTHUR: And the Vogons came and destroyed it five minutes before the
>> programme was completed.
>>

> SLARTIBARTFAST: Yes, Ten million years of planning and work gone just
> like that. Well, that's bureaucracy for you.

ARTHUR: *with a dawning sense of great revelation and hand waving*
You know, all this explains a lot of things. All though my life
I've had this strange unaccountable feeling that something was
going on in the world, something big, even sinister...
*a bit peevish* and no one would tell me what it was.

Tian

Nov 5, 2006, 2:41:54 AM11/5/06
iain wrote:

>>>ARTHUR: And the Vogons came and destroyed it five minutes before the
>>> programme was completed.
>>>

>>SLARTIBARTFAST: Yes, Ten million years of planning and work gone just
>> like that. Well, that's bureaucracy for you.
>>

> ARTHUR: *with a dawning sense of great revelation and hand waving*
> You know, all this explains a lot of things. All though my life
> I've had this strange unaccountable feeling that something was
> going on in the world, something big, even sinister...
> *a bit peevish* and no one would tell me what it was.

SLARTIBARTFAST (pats Arthurs sholder): No, that's just perfectly
normal paranoia. Eveyone in the universe has that.

--
Tian
Consider, for example, how much the ability to spill czech

iain

Nov 5, 2006, 6:05:35 PM11/5/06

> iain wrote:
>> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in

>>>SLARTIBARTFAST: Yes, Ten million years of planning and work gone just
>>> like that. Well, that's bureaucracy for you.
>>>

>> ARTHUR: *with a dawning sense of great revelation and hand waving*
>> You know, all this explains a lot of things. All though my
>> life I've had this strange unaccountable feeling that
>> something was going on in the world, something big, even
>> sinister... *a bit peevish* and no one would tell me what it
>> was.
>>

> SLARTIBARTFAST (pats Arthurs sholder): No, that's just perfectly
> normal paranoia. Eveyone in the universe has that.

ARTHUR: Well... perhaps that means that somewhere...
*waves hands indicating outside the Universe*
outside the Universe...

Tian

Nov 5, 2006, 11:41:47 PM11/5/06
iain wrote:
> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in
>

>>iain wrote:
>>
>>>Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in

>>>ARTHUR: *with a dawning sense of great revelation and hand waving*
>>> You know, all this explains a lot of things. All though my
>>> life I've had this strange unaccountable feeling that
>>> something was going on in the world, something big, even
>>> sinister... *a bit peevish* and no one would tell me what it
>>> was.
>>>

>>SLARTIBARTFAST (pats Arthurs sholder): No, that's just perfectly
>> normal paranoia. Eveyone in the universe has that.
>

> ARTHUR: Well... perhaps that means that somewhere...
> *waves hands indicating outside the Universe*
> outside the Universe...

SLARTIBARTFAST: Maybe. Who cares? Perhaps I'm old and tired, but
I always think that the chances of finding out what really
is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to
do is say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself
occupied. Look at me -- I design coastlines. I got an
award for Norway. (Proud look crosses face briefly.)
Where's the sense in that? None that I've been able to
make out. I've been doing fjords all my life . . . for
a fleeting moment they become fashionable and I get a
major award. In this replacement Earth we're building
they've given me Africa to do and of course I'm going
it with all fjords again because I happen to like them
and I'm old fashioned enough to think that they give a
lovely baroque feel to a continent. And they tell me it's
not equatorial enough. What does it matter? Science has
achieved some wonderful things of course, but I'd far
rather be happy than right any day. (Smiles wisely.)

iain

Nov 6, 2006, 3:24:00 PM11/6/06
Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in news:eimdpr03088
@enews4.newsguy.com:

> iain wrote:
>> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in

ARTHUR: And are you?

Tian

Nov 7, 2006, 12:02:47 AM11/7/06

SLARTIBARTFAST: No. That's where it all falls down of course. :-(

--
Tian
There are two precincts left to be walked. Should I do the Apartments

iain

Nov 14, 2006, 6:25:16 PM11/14/06
Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in

ARTHUR: *disappointed that another thwarter great revelation*
Pity, it sounded quite a good lifestyle otherwise.

[do we have anyone to do the PA voice?]

Dave Adalian

Nov 15, 2006, 1:39:11 AM11/15/06
"iain" <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote in message

P.A. VOICE: (Sounding stentorian and impatient) Attention please,
Slartibartfast. Would Slartibartfast and the visiting Earth creature please
report immediately, repeat immediately, to the works reception area. The
mice aren't wanting to hang about in this dimension all day!

-- Dave

Read my latest astronomy column!
http://starry-starry-nights.blogspot.com/

Dave Adalian

Nov 15, 2006, 1:53:00 AM11/15/06
"iain" <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote in message

P.A. VOICE: (Sounding stentorian and impatient) Attention please,

Tian

Nov 15, 2006, 2:01:55 AM11/15/06
> P.A. VOICE: (Sounding stentorian and impatient) Attention please,
> Slartibartfast. Would Slartibartfast and the visiting Earth creature please
> report immediately, repeat immediately, to the works reception area. The
> mice aren't wanting to hang about in this dimension all day!

SLARTIBARTFAST(with ushering gesture to indicate which way to go):
Come one, I suppose we'd better go and see what they want.

--
Tian
Latest change to my site: Added Green Festival Pictures.

iain

Dec 4, 2006, 2:24:04 PM12/4/06

>>>ARTHUR: *disappointed that another thwarter great revelation*

(I think I must have had a pan-galactic gargleblaster before posting
that bit. It should read 'disappointed at another thwarted great
revelation'.)

>>> Pity, it sounded quite a good lifestyle otherwise.
>>>

>> P.A. VOICE: (Sounding stentorian and impatient) Attention please,
>> Slartibartfast. Would Slartibartfast and the visiting Earth creature
>> please report immediately, repeat immediately, to the works reception
>> area. The mice aren't wanting to hang about in this dimension all
>> day!
>>
> SLARTIBARTFAST(with ushering gesture to indicate which way to go):
> Come one, I suppose we'd better go and see what they want.

ARTHUR: *distracted* I seem to be having this tremendous difficulty with
my lifestyle. As soon as I reach some kind of definite policy
about what is /my/ kind of music and my kind of restaurant and
/my/ kind of overdraft, people start blowing up my kind of
planet and throwing me out of their kind of spaceships.
It's so hard to build up anything coherent!
*realises who he's talking to*
I'm sorry all this must sound rather fatuous to you.

Tian

Dec 4, 2006, 9:02:40 PM12/4/06
SLARTIBARTFAST: Yes, I thought so.

--
Tian
I have now been car free for over a month.

Dave Adalian

Dec 6, 2006, 5:10:41 PM12/6/06
"Tian" <tnha...@ispwest.com> wrote in message

NARRATOR: (With an edge to his voice which clearly indicates that although
he appreciates the irony of his impending "careless talk" about careless
talk, he doesn't care a wet slap about it) It is of course well known that
careless talk costs lives, but the full scale of teh problem is not always
appreciated. For instance, at the very moment that Arthur said: "I seem to
be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle," a freak wormhole opened
up in teh fabric of teh space-time continuum and carried his words far back
in time across almost infinite reaches of space to a distant galaxy where
strange and warlike beings were poised on the brink of frightful
interstellar battle. The two opposing leaders were meeting for the last time
... and a dreadful silence fell across teh conference table as teh commander
of teh Vl'hurgs, resplendent in his black jeweled battle sorts, gazed
levelly at teh G'Gugvant leader squatting opposite him in a cloud of green
sweet-smelling steam, and, with a million sleek and horribly beweaponed star
cruisers poised to unleash electric death at his single word of command,
challenged teh vile creature to take back what it had said about his mother.

Teh creature stirred in his sickly broiling vapor, and at that very moment,
the words "I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle"
drifted across the conference table. Unfortunately, in the Vl'hurg tongue
this was teh most dreadful insult imaginable, and there was nothing for it
but to wage terrible war. Eventually, of course, after their galaxy had been
decimated over a few thousand years, it was realized that teh whole thing
had been a ghastly mistake, and so teh two opposing battle fleets settled
their remaining differences in order to launch a joint attack on our
galaxy -- now positively identified as the source of teh offending remark.
For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of
space and finally dived screaming onto the planet Earth, where, due to a
terrible miscalculation of scale, the entire battle fleet was accidentally
swallowed by a small dog. Those who study the complex interplay of cause and
effect in teh history of the Universe say that this sort of thing is going
on all the time, but are powerless to prevent it. "It's just life," they
say. Meanwhile, Arthur Dent is about to discover teh answer to the
disturbing question posed in last week's installment. Are his companions
Ford, Zaphod and Trillian lying bleeding to death in a subterranean
corridor, or have they merely slipped out for a quick meal somewhere?

F/X HUM OF DOOR OPENING. SUBDUED BUZZING OF DINING ROOM

iain

Dec 6, 2006, 5:46:36 PM12/6/06
"Dave Adalian" <dave.a...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

ARTHUR: *mostly talking to himself* Just forget I ever said it

MEow

Dec 8, 2006, 1:37:40 PM12/8/06
iain spoke thusly:

TRILLIAN: (At a slight distance) *not having said anything for a while
does odd things to your voice, I guess* Arthur! You're safe!

--
Kind Regards,
Nikitta.

iain

Dec 11, 2006, 2:59:07 PM12/11/06
MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se> wrote in

>>> F/X HUM OF DOOR OPENING. SUBDUED BUZZING OF DINING ROOM
>>

> TRILLIAN: (At a slight distance) *not having said anything for a while
> does odd things to your voice, I guess* Arthur! You're safe!

ARTHUR: *slightly startled* Am I? Oh, good.

Kåre Fiedler Christiansen

Dec 12, 2006, 1:55:42 PM12/12/06
iain skrev:

> MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se> wrote in

> > TRILLIAN: (At a slight distance) *not having said anything for a while
> > does odd things to your voice, I guess* Arthur! You're safe!
>
> ARTHUR: *slightly startled* Am I? Oh, good.

FORD: *Letting his attention wander from his meal only for the briefest
moment* Hi, Arthur, come and join us!

(somehow I seem not to be able to post to the froup, I'm now trying
with Google Groups)

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Dec 16, 2006, 9:11:53 AM12/16/06
"Kåre Fiedler Christiansen" <kaa...@gmail.com> hit the keyboard.

Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> (somehow I seem not to be able to post to the froup, I'm now trying
> with Google Groups)

Shouldn't that be Google Groups and Froup?

I wonder if there are other non-group groups...

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

I am free of prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

iain

Dec 28, 2006, 6:37:34 PM12/28/06
"Kåre Fiedler Christiansen" <kaa...@gmail.com> wrote in

> iain skrev:
>> MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se> wrote in

>> > TRILLIAN: (At a slight distance) *not having said anything for a
>> > while does odd things to your voice, I guess* Arthur! You're safe!
>>
>> ARTHUR: *slightly startled* Am I? Oh, good.
>
> FORD: *Letting his attention wander from his meal only for the briefest
> moment* Hi, Arthur, come and join us!

ARTHUR: *not really sure what's happening, again*
Ford! Trillian! Zaphod! What happened to you?

Amro Bank

Dec 31, 2006, 7:27:07 AM12/31/06
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:37:34 +0000, iain <af...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

>"Kåre Fiedler Christiansen" <kaa...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> iain skrev:
>>> MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se> wrote in

>>> ARTHUR: *slightly startled* Am I? Oh, good.
>>
>> FORD: *Letting his attention wander from his meal only for the briefest
>> moment* Hi, Arthur, come and join us!
>
>ARTHUR: *not really sure what's happening, again*
> Ford! Trillian! Zaphod! What happened to you?

ZAPHOD: Well our hosts here attacked us with a fantastic Dismodulating
Anti Phase stun ray and then invited us to this amazingly keen meal by
way of making it up to us.

--
Amro (had some newswerver problems, i hope this works ;)

iain

Jan 10, 2007, 1:31:59 PM1/10/07
Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote in news:51bfp2tidoitpn7oin19ol6rk2s2hbec2n@
4ax.com:

ARTHUR: *confused, again* Hosts? What hosts? I can't see any hosts?

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Jan 11, 2007, 5:51:25 PM1/11/07
iain <af...@imb.clara.net> hit the keyboard.

Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> Amro Bank <am...@tuig.nl> wrote in news:51bfp2tidoitpn7oin19ol6rk2s2hbec2n@

BENJY MOUSE: (in a squeky voice coming from the table somewhere
between the food) Welcome to lunch, Earth Creature.

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

Remember, there are no stupid questions
- just stupid people.
- Mr. Garrison, South Park

iain

Jan 11, 2007, 6:03:32 PM1/11/07
spa...@zz9.dk (Rasmus =?utf-8?Q?B=C3=B8g?= Hansen) wrote in

ARTHUR: What? Who said that? *looks around, confused*
Ugh! There's a mouse on the table!

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Jan 12, 2007, 11:55:13 AM1/12/07
On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 23:03 +0000, iain wrote:
> spa...@zz9.dk (Rasmus =?utf-8?Q?B=C3=B8g?= Hansen) wrote in
>
> > iain <af...@imb.clara.net> hit the keyboard.
> > Afterwards the following was on the screen:
> >
> >> ARTHUR: *confused, again* Hosts? What hosts? I can't see any hosts?
> >
> > BENJY MOUSE: (in a squeky voice coming from the table somewhere
> > between the food) Welcome to lunch, Earth Creature.
>
> ARTHUR: What? Who said that? *looks around, confused*
> Ugh! There's a mouse on the table!

FORD: *Exasperated* Oh, haven't you found out _yet_ Arthur??
*Thinks to himself: After all, I've known now for at least 15 minutes!*

Best
Kåre

iain

Jan 15, 2007, 1:28:45 PM1/15/07
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <ne...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

>> > BENJY MOUSE: (in a squeky voice coming from the table somewhere
>> > between the food) Welcome to lunch, Earth Creature.
>>
>> ARTHUR: What? Who said that? *looks around, confused*
>> Ugh! There's a mouse on the table!
>
> FORD: *Exasperated* Oh, haven't you found out _yet_ Arthur??
> *Thinks to himself: After all, I've known now for at least 15 minutes!*

ARTHUR: What? *remembers what he's just found out about the mice*
Oh I see, yes... I just wasn't quite prepared for the full
reality of it.

MEow

Jan 15, 2007, 2:47:26 PM1/15/07
iain spoke thusly:

*

> ARTHUR: What? *remembers what he's just found out about the mice*
> Oh I see, yes... I just wasn't quite prepared for the full
> reality of it.

TRILLIAN:*deciding to a bit formal about with since they're all at a
fancy dinner* Arthur, let me introduce you. This is Benjy Mouse.

--
Kind Regards,
Nikitta.

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Jan 19, 2007, 4:10:26 AM1/19/07
MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se> hit the keyboard.

Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> iain spoke thusly:

BENJY MOUSE: *looks up with a confused look and suddenly remembers* Hi!

MEow

Jan 19, 2007, 1:23:24 PM1/19/07
Rasmus =?utf-8?Q?B=C3=B8g?= Hansen spoke thusly:

> MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se> hit the keyboard.
> Afterwards the following was on the screen:
>
>> iain spoke thusly:
>>
>>> Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <ne...@kaarefc.dk> wrote in

>> hosts?

>> *
>>>
>>> ARTHUR: What? *remembers what he's just found out about the mice*
>>> Oh I see, yes... I just wasn't quite prepared for the full
>>> reality of it.
>>>
>> TRILLIAN:*deciding to a bit formal about with since they're all at a
>> fancy dinner* Arthur, let me introduce you. This is Benjy Mouse.
>
> BENJY MOUSE: *looks up with a confused look and suddenly remembers* Hi!

TRILLIAN *still a bit formal*: And this is Frankie mouse.

--
Kind Regards,
Nikitta.

Johan

Jan 22, 2007, 8:28:56 AM1/22/07

FRANKIE: *looks as if waking up from a very, very, very deep sleep*
Nice to meet you.

MEow

Jan 22, 2007, 1:40:27 PM1/22/07
Johan spoke thusly:

> FRANKIE: *looks as if waking up from a very, very, very deep sleep*
> Nice to meet you.

TRILLIAN: *well, when you introduce people to each other, you should say
a bit about them, yes?* It seems they control quite a large sector of the
Universe in our dimension.

--
Kind Regards,
Nikitta.

iain

Jan 22, 2007, 6:43:33 PM1/22/07

>>> TRILLIAN *still a bit formal*: And this is Frankie mouse.
>>>

>> FRANKIE: *looks as if waking up from a very, very, very deep sleep*
>> Nice to meet you.
>>
> TRILLIAN: *well, when you introduce people to each other, you should
> say a bit about them, yes?* It seems they control quite a large sector
> of the Universe in our dimension.

ARTHUR: *confused of course, but these mice do seem familiar*
But aren't they . . . ?

MEow

Jan 23, 2007, 1:32:33 PM1/23/07
iain spoke thusly:

> MEow <nikitt...@yahoo.se> wrote in

>>> FRANKIE: *looks as if waking up from a very, very, very deep sleep*
>>> Nice to meet you.
>>>
>> TRILLIAN: *well, when you introduce people to each other, you should
>> say a bit about them, yes?* It seems they control quite a large sector
>> of the Universe in our dimension.
>
> ARTHUR: *confused of course, but these mice do seem familiar*
> But aren't they . . . ?

TRILLIAN: *sighs deeply* Yes, they are the mice I took with me from the
Earth. It seems our whole journey has been stage managed from the
beginning.

--
Kind Regards,
Nikitta.

Tian

Jan 23, 2007, 3:17:28 PM1/23/07
SLARTIBARTFAST: *Clears throat* Er, excuse me . . .

--
Tian
I gave Mr. TV a South Dakota quarter.

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Jan 23, 2007, 4:52:14 PM1/23/07
Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.

Afterwards the following was on the screen:

>>>ARTHUR: *confused of course, but these mice do seem familiar*
>>> But aren't they . . . ?
>>>

>> TRILLIAN: *sighs deeply* Yes, they are the mice I took with me from
>> the Earth. It seems our whole journey has been stage managed from
>> the beginning.
>>

> SLARTIBARTFAST: *Clears throat* Er, excuse me . . .

BENJY: *wondering if the earth man has actually accepted the talking
mice* Yes, thank you, Slartibartfast, you may go.

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

When you have multiple CPUs with one interrupt controller, you don't
have much choice. You either use spin-locks or you Blue-Screen.
Since Linux doesn't have a "Blue-screen of death", it needs spin-
locks.
-- Richard B. Johnson

Tian

Jan 24, 2007, 3:04:27 AM1/24/07
Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:
> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.
> Afterwards the following was on the screen:

>>>TRILLIAN: *sighs deeply* Yes, they are the mice I took with me from
>>>the Earth. It seems our whole journey has been stage managed from
>>>the beginning.
>>>

>>SLARTIBARTFAST: *Clears throat* Er, excuse me . . .
>

> BENJY: *wondering if the earth man has actually accepted the talking
> mice* Yes, thank you, Slartibartfast, you may go.

SLARTIBARTFAST: *Slightly surprised and crestfallen* What? Oh . . . oh
very well. Thank you sir, I'll . . . I'll just go and get on
with some of my fjords then.

--
Tian
Monday eve: I saw Dennis Loo & Elizabeth De La Vega talk on Impeachment.

Johan

Jan 24, 2007, 3:44:53 AM1/24/07

FRANKIE: Er, in fact that won't be necessary. We won't be requiring the
new Earth
after all. We've had a rather interesting proposition put to us.

On Jan 24, 9:04 am, Tian <tnhar...@ispwest.com> wrote:
> Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:

> > Tian <tnhar...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.

> > Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> >>SLARTIBARTFAST: *Clears throat* Er, excuse me . . .
>
> > BENJY: *wondering if the earth man has actually accepted the talking

> > mice* Yes, thank you, Slartibartfast, you may go.SLARTIBARTFAST: *Slightly surprised and crestfallen* What? Oh . . . oh

Tian

Jan 24, 2007, 4:16:08 AM1/24/07
SLARTIBARTFAST: *Startled* What? You can't mean that. I've got a
thousand glaciers poised and ready to roll over Africa.

--
Tian
Monday Eve: I saw Dennis Loo & Elizabeth De La Vega talk on Impeachment.
http://tian.greens.org

Johan

Jan 25, 2007, 10:38:01 AM1/25/07

FRANKIE: *completely oblivious to Slartibartfast's annoyance* Well,
perhaps you can take a quick skiing holiday before you dismantle them.

Tian

Jan 25, 2007, 11:44:39 PM1/25/07
> FRANKIE: *completely oblivious to Slartibartfast's annoyance* Well,
> perhaps you can take a quick skiing holiday before you dismantle them.

SLARTIBARTFAST: *indignant* Skiing holiday! Those glaciers are works of
art! Elegantly sculptured contours, soaring piancles of ice,
deep majestic ravines, it would be sacrilege to go skiing on
High Art.

Johan

Jan 26, 2007, 4:55:37 AM1/26/07

> > perhaps you can take a quick skiing holiday before you dismantle them.SLARTIBARTFAST: *indignant* Skiing holiday! Those glaciers are works of

> art! Elegantly sculptured contours, soaring piancles of ice,
> deep majestic ravines, it would be sacrilege to go skiing on
> High Art.
>
> --
> Tian
> Monday Eve: I saw Dennis Loo & Elizabeth De La Vega talk on Impeachment.http://tian.greens.org

FRANKIE: *firmly* Thank you, Slartibartfast, that will be all.

((Has anyone got the roles for Shooty and Bang Bang already? If not,
I'd love to take on the role of Shooty.))

Tian

Jan 26, 2007, 1:31:47 PM1/26/07
> FRANKIE: *firmly* Thank you, Slartibartfast, that will be all.

SLARTIBARTFAST: *properly* Yes sir, thank you very much sir. Well,
goodbye Earthman. Hope the lifestyle comes together.

Nemo

Jan 28, 2007, 4:36:57 AM1/28/07
On Jan 26, 8:55 pm, "Johan" <johan.teng...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ((Has anyone got the roles for Shooty and Bang Bang already? If not,
> I'd love to take on the role of Shooty.))

According to the original casting call thread, Fat Sam is shooty, and
I am Bang Bang.

...has anyone seen Fat Sam around lately?

.../Nemo

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Jan 27, 2007, 7:09:52 AM1/27/07

He got a new name - what was it again?

Best
Kåre

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Jan 28, 2007, 3:51:49 PM1/28/07
Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.

SOUND F/X: *DOOR HUMS OPEN WITH GRINDING SOUND AND A BIT SQUEKY*

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

If you only have a hammer
everything looks like a nail

iain

Jan 29, 2007, 1:41:27 PM1/29/07

> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.
> Afterwards the following was on the screen:
>>>

>>> FRANKIE: *firmly* Thank you, Slartibartfast, that will be all.
>>>

>> SLARTIBARTFAST: *properly* Yes sir, thank you very much sir. Well,
>> goodbye Earthman. Hope the lifestyle comes together.
>
> SOUND F/X: *DOOR HUMS OPEN WITH GRINDING SOUND AND A BIT SQUEKY*

ARTHUR: *slightly surprised to realise he rather likes Slartibartfast*
Goodbye then. Sorry about the fjords.

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Jan 29, 2007, 3:00:11 PM1/29/07
iain <af...@imb.clara.net> hit the keyboard.

Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> spa...@zz9.dk (Rasmus =?utf-8?Q?B=C3=B8g?= Hansen) wrote in
>
>> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.
>> Afterwards the following was on the screen:

>>> SLARTIBARTFAST: *properly* Yes sir, thank you very much sir. Well,
>>> goodbye Earthman. Hope the lifestyle comes together.
>>
>> SOUND F/X: *DOOR HUMS OPEN WITH GRINDING SOUND AND A BIT SQUEKY*
>
> ARTHUR: *slightly surprised to realise he rather likes Slartibartfast*
> Goodbye then. Sorry about the fjords.

BENJY MOUSE: *Placing whiskers in a very serious way (you have to
THINK!) and speaking in a serious, though still squeky
voice*
Now to business!

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

Beer is the solution to all the problems of the world. We should send
shiploads of beer to Africa. They don't need medicine or food.
-- Reinder on aglami

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Jan 29, 2007, 3:40:40 PM1/29/07
On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 21:00 +0100, Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:
> iain <af...@imb.clara.net> hit the keyboard.
> Afterwards the following was on the screen:
>
> > spa...@zz9.dk (Rasmus =?utf-8?Q?B=C3=B8g?= Hansen) wrote in
> >
> >> Tian <tnha...@ispwest.com> hit the keyboard.
> >> Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> >> SOUND F/X: *DOOR HUMS OPEN WITH GRINDING SOUND AND A BIT SQUEKY*
> >
> > ARTHUR: *slightly surprised to realise he rather likes Slartibartfast*
> > Goodbye then. Sorry about the fjords.
>
> BENJY MOUSE: *Placing whiskers in a very serious way (you have to
> THINK!) and speaking in a serious, though still squeky
> voice*
> Now to business!

FORD: *finally catching up with something interesting, raises his
glass, and toasts with Zaphod:* To business!!

Amro Bank

Jan 29, 2007, 4:09:36 PM1/29/07

ZAPHOD: *ahhh, yes*: To business!!!

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Jan 29, 2007, 5:38:30 PM1/29/07

F/X: *GLASSES CLINK (also, if you listen carefully, Ford and Zaphod can
be heard enjoying a drink thoroughly!)

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Jan 30, 2007, 6:30:31 PM1/30/07
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <ne...@kaarefc.dk> hit the keyboard.

BENJY MOUSE: *trying to not look too baffled* I beg your pardon?

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

if (!strcmp(getenv(EDITOR), "vi")) {karma++};

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Jan 31, 2007, 4:35:26 PM1/31/07
On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 00:30 +0100, Rasmus Bøg Hansen wrote:
> Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <ne...@kaarefc.dk> hit the keyboard.
> Afterwards the following was on the screen:
>
> > On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 22:09 +0100, Amro Bank wrote:

> >> ZAPHOD: *ahhh, yes*: To business!!!
> >
> > F/X: *GLASSES CLINK (also, if you listen carefully, Ford and Zaphod can
> > be heard enjoying a drink thoroughly!)
>
> BENJY MOUSE: *trying to not look too baffled* I beg your pardon?

FORD: *Realising that the conversation hadn't improved after all*
Oh - I'm sorry, I thought you were proposing a toast.

(these particular lines have people looking strangely at me, because
whenever I am in drinking company with anyone knowing of Hitchhiker's, I
propose a toast to business)

Best
Kåre

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Jan 31, 2007, 6:05:06 PM1/31/07
Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <ne...@kaarefc.dk> hit the keyboard.
Afterwards the following was on the screen:

>> > F/X: *GLASSES CLINK (also, if you listen carefully, Ford and Zaphod can
>> > be heard enjoying a drink thoroughly!)
>>
>> BENJY MOUSE: *trying to not look too baffled* I beg your pardon?
>
> FORD: *Realising that the conversation hadn't improved after all*
> Oh - I'm sorry, I thought you were proposing a toast.

BENJY MOUSE: *Looking serious, looking irritated at Ford and Zaphod,
then focusing at Arthur*
Now, Earth Creature, we have, as you know, been more or
less running your planet for that last ten million years
in order to find this wretched thing called the Ultimate
Question.
*pauses and looks at Arthur*

iain

Jan 31, 2007, 5:26:47 PM1/31/07

> Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <ne...@kaarefc.dk> hit the keyboard.
> Afterwards the following was on the screen:

>>> BENJY MOUSE: *trying to not look too baffled* I beg your pardon?
>>
>> FORD: *Realising that the conversation hadn't improved after all*
>> Oh - I'm sorry, I thought you were proposing a toast.
>
> BENJY MOUSE: *Looking serious, looking irritated at Ford and Zaphod,
> then focusing at Arthur*
> Now, Earth Creature, we have, as you know, been more or
> less running your planet for that last ten million years
> in order to find this wretched thing called the Ultimate
> Question.
> *pauses and looks at Arthur*

ARTHUR: Why?

--
iain

af...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/
"how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen

Johan

Feb 1, 2007, 10:46:59 AM2/1/07
On Jan 31, 11:26 pm, iain <a...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
> spa...@zz9.dk (Rasmus =?utf-8?Q?B=C3=B8g?= Hansen) wrote innews:874pq6p...@eddie.zz9.dk:
>

> > Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <n...@kaarefc.dk> hit the keyboard.

> > Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> >> FORD: *Realising that the conversation hadn't improved after all*
> >> Oh - I'm sorry, I thought you were proposing a toast.
>
> > BENJY MOUSE: *Looking serious, looking irritated at Ford and Zaphod,
> > then focusing at Arthur*
> > Now, Earth Creature, we have, as you know, been more or
> > less running your planet for that last ten million years
> > in order to find this wretched thing called the Ultimate
> > Question.
> > *pauses and looks at Arthur*
>
> ARTHUR: Why?
>
> --
> iain
>
> a...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

> "how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen
>
> --

FRANKIE: No, we already through of that one, but it doesn't fit the
answer. `Why?',
`Forty two'. You see, it doesn't work.

iain

Feb 1, 2007, 4:30:31 PM2/1/07
"Johan" <johan....@gmail.com> wrote in

>> > BENJY MOUSE: *Looking serious, looking irritated at Ford and
>> > Zaphod, then focusing at Arthur*
>> > Now, Earth Creature, we have, as you know, been more
>> > or less running your planet for that last ten million
>> > years in order to find this wretched thing called the
>> > Ultimate Question.
>> > *pauses and looks at Arthur*
>>
>> ARTHUR: Why?
>
> FRANKIE: No, we already through of that one, but it doesn't fit the
> answer. `Why?', `Forty two'. You see, it doesn't work.

ARTHUR: No, I mean why have you been doing it?

--
iain

af...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

Johan

Feb 13, 2007, 7:21:38 AM2/13/07
On Feb 1, 10:30 pm, iain <a...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

> >> ARTHUR: Why?
>
> > FRANKIE: No, we already through of that one, but it doesn'tfitthe
> > answer. `Why?', `Forty two'. You see, it doesn't work.
>
> ARTHUR: No, I mean why have you been doing it?
>
> --
> iain
>
> a...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

> "how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen
>
> --

FRANKIE: Well, eventually just habit I think, to be brutally honest.
And this is more
or less the point. We're sick to the teeth of the whole thing and
the prospect
of doing it all over again on account of those whinnet-ridden
Vogons quite
frankly gives me the screaming heeby-jeebies, you know what I mean?

((Sorry guys, I could've sworn that I'd done this line.)

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Feb 13, 2007, 5:39:17 PM2/13/07
"Johan" <johan....@gmail.com> hit the keyboard.

Afterwards the following was on the screen:

>> > FRANKIE: No, we already through of that one, but it doesn'tfitthe
>> > answer. `Why?', `Forty two'. You see, it doesn't work.
>>
>> ARTHUR: No, I mean why have you been doing it?
>

> FRANKIE: Well, eventually just habit I think, to be brutally honest.
> And this is more
> or less the point. We're sick to the teeth of the whole thing and
> the prospect
> of doing it all over again on account of those whinnet-ridden
> Vogons quite
> frankly gives me the screaming heeby-jeebies, you know what I mean?

BENJY MOUSE: *enthusiastic* We've been offered a quite enormously fat
contract to do the 5D TV show and lecture circuit, and
I'm *very* inclined to take it.

(sorry for the delay - my ISP suddenly changed my IP which my usenet
provider didn't recognise as one I was allowed to have)

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

A computer without Windows, is like a fish without a bicycle.

Amro Bank

Feb 15, 2007, 2:21:33 PM2/15/07
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:39:17 +0100, spa...@zz9.dk (Rasmus Bøg Hansen)
wrote:

ZAPHOD: (Promptingly, because there's something in it for them)
I would, wouldn't you, Ford?

--
Amro

Kaare Fiedler Christiansen

Feb 15, 2007, 3:37:03 PM2/15/07

FORD: *quickly catching the drift* Oh yes! Jump at it like a shot!

Johan

Feb 21, 2007, 11:48:29 AM2/21/07
On Feb 15, 9:37 pm, Kaare Fiedler Christiansen <n...@kaarefc.dk>
wrote:

FRANKIE: /I mean, yes idealism, yes the dignity of pure research, /
yes/ the pursuit of truth in
all its forms, but there comes a point I'm afraid where you begin
to suspect that if
there's any /real/ truth it's that the entire multi-dimensional
infinity of the Universe
is almost certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs; and that if
it comes to a choice
between spending /another/ ten million years finding that out and
on the other
hand just taking the money and running, then I for one could do
with the
exercise.

iain

Mar 6, 2007, 12:59:15 PM3/6/07
"Johan" <johan....@gmail.com> wrote in news:1172076504.593824.291060
@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

>> > ZAPHOD: (Promptingly, because there's something in it for them)
>> > I would, wouldn't you, Ford?
>>
>> FORD: *quickly catching the drift* Oh yes! Jump at it like a shot!
>

> FRANKIE: /I mean, yes idealism, yes the dignity of pure research,

> /yes/ the pursuit of truth in all its forms, but there comes a

> point I'm afraid where you begin to suspect that if there's any
> /real/ truth it's that the entire multi-dimensional infinity of
> the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of
> maniacs; and that if it comes to a choice between spending
> /another/ ten million years finding that out and on the other
> hand just taking the money and running, then I for one could do
> with the exercise.

ARTHUR: But that's exactly the attitude those philosophers took. Does no
one in this galaxy do anything other than appear on chat shows?

--
iain

af...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

Johan

Mar 7, 2007, 5:01:44 AM3/7/07
On Mar 6, 6:59 pm, iain <a...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
> "Johan" <johan.teng...@gmail.com> wrote in news:1172076504.593824.291060

> @j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

> >> FORD: *quickly catching the drift* Oh yes! Jump at it like a shot!
>
> > FRANKIE: /I mean, yes idealism, yes the dignity of pure research,
> > /yes/ the pursuit of truth in all its forms, but there comes a
> > point I'm afraid where you begin to suspect that if there's any
> > /real/ truth it's that the entire multi-dimensional infinity of
> > the Universe is almost certainly being run by a bunch of
> > maniacs; and that if it comes to a choice between spending
> > /another/ ten million years finding that out and on the other
> > hand just taking the money and running, then I for one could do
> > with the exercise.
>
> ARTHUR: But that's exactly the attitude those philosophers took. Does no
> one in this galaxy do anything other than appear on chat shows?
>
> --
> iain
>
> a...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

> "how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen
>
> --

FRANKIE: The point is this . . . we are in a position to give you a
very important
commission. We still want to find the Ultimate Question because
it gives us
a lot of bargaining muscle with the 5D TV companies, so it's
worth a lot of
money. (They giggle avariciously) I mean quite clearly if we're
sitting
there very relaxed in the studio mentioning that we happen to
know
the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything and then
eventually have
to admit that it's forty two, then I think the show's probably
quite short.

iain

Mar 9, 2007, 6:27:12 AM3/9/07

> On Mar 6, 6:59 pm, iain <a...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
>> "Johan" <johan.teng...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> news:1172076504.593824.291060 @j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com:

>> > FRANKIE: /I mean, yes idealism, yes the dignity of pure research,
>> > /yes/ the pursuit of truth in all its forms, but there
>> > comes a point I'm afraid where you begin to suspect that
>> > if there's any /real/ truth it's that the entire
>> > multi-dimensional infinity of the Universe is almost
>> > certainly being run by a bunch of maniacs; and that if it
>> > comes to a choice between spending /another/ ten million
>> > years finding that out and on the other hand just taking
>> > the money and running, then I for one could do
>> > with the exercise.
>>
>> ARTHUR: But that's exactly the attitude those philosophers took. Does
>> no one in this galaxy do anything other than appear on chat
>> shows?
>>

> FRANKIE: The point is this . . . we are in a position to give you a
> very important commission. We still want to find the Ultimate
> Question because it gives us a lot of bargaining muscle with
> the 5D TV companies, so it's worth a lot of money. (They
> giggle avariciously) I mean quite clearly if we're sitting
> there very relaxed in the studio mentioning that we happen to
> know the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything and then
> eventually have to admit that it's forty two, then I think the
> show's probably quite short.

ARTHUR: Yes, but doesn't that mean you've got to go through the whole ten
million year programme again?

--
iain

af...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

Johan

Mar 10, 2007, 9:02:55 AM3/10/07
On Mar 9, 12:27 pm, iain <a...@imb.clara.net> wrote:
> a...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

> "how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen

FRANKIE: We think there might be a short cut. Your agent . . .

Amro Bank

Mar 21, 2007, 6:34:57 PM3/21/07
> FRANKIE: We think there might be a short cut. Your agent . . .

ZAPHOD: That's me.

--
Ah. Here it was... lalala

iain

Mar 23, 2007, 6:21:02 PM3/23/07
Amro Bank <am...@nothing.tuig.nl> wrote in

>>> ARTHUR: Yes, but doesn't that mean you've got to go through the
>>> whole ten million year programme again?
>>>

>> FRANKIE: We think there might be a short cut. Your agent . . .
>>

> ZAPHOD: That's me.

ARTHUR: *startled* Is it?

--
iain

af...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

Johan

Mar 24, 2007, 8:01:33 AM3/24/07
On Mar 23, 11:21 pm, iain <a...@imb.clara.net> wrote:

> >> FRANKIE: We think there might be a short cut. Your agent . . .
>
> > ZAPHOD: That's me.
>
> ARTHUR: *startled* Is it?
>
> --
> iain
>
> a...@imb.clara.net http://www.zootle.net/afda/

> "how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen

FRANKIE: You agent has suggested that both you and the Earth girl, as
last generation
products of the computer matrix are probably in an ideal position
to find
the question for us and find it quickly. Go out and find it and
we'll
make you a reasonably rich man.

Amro Bank

Apr 3, 2007, 4:05:40 AM4/3/07
On 24 Mar 2007 05:01:33 -0700, "Johan" <johan....@gmail.com>
wrote:

ZAPHOD: We're holding out for extremely rich.

--
Amro, I wish I did as well

Johan

Apr 9, 2007, 3:40:56 AM4/9/07
On Apr 3, 10:05 am, Amro Bank <a...@tuig.nl> wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2007 05:01:33 -0700, "Johan" <johan.teng...@gmail.com>

FRANKIE: All right, extremely rich. You drive a hard bargain,
Beeblebrox.

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Apr 9, 2007, 9:42:37 PM4/9/07
"Johan" <johan....@gmail.com> hit the keyboard.
Afterwards the following was on the screen:

> FRANKIE: All right, extremely rich. You drive a hard bargain,
> Beeblebrox.

F/X: LOUD SIRENS GO OFF - * wiuuu wiuuu wiuuu *

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.

Dave Adalian

Apr 10, 2007, 12:32:36 AM4/10/07
"Rasmus "Bøg" Hansen" <spa...@zz9.dk> wrote in message

P.A. VOICE: Emergency, emergency ... hostile ship has landed on planet.
Intruders now within works reception area. Defense stations, defense
stations.

-- Dave

Read my latest astronomy column!
http://starry-starry-nights.blogspot.com/

Rasmus Bøg Hansen

Apr 10, 2007, 8:36:41 AM4/10/07
"Dave Adalian" <dave.a...@sbcglobal.net> hit the keyboard.

BENJY MOUSE: *startled, whiskers whirling around in curiousity* Hells
bells, what is it now???

--
-- [ Rasmus "Møffe" Bøg Hansen ] ---------------------------------------

Tell them we are not Gods but SysAdmins,
which is the next best thing.

MEow

Apr 10, 2007, 2:06:14 PM4/10/07
Rasmus =?utf-8?Q?B=C3=B8g?= Hansen spoke thusly:

TRILLIAN: *Startled and worried* Zaphod! Are you thinking what I'm
thinking?

--
Kind Regards,
Nikitta.

"Ah! Let that be a lesson to me to guide me in my further life: When you
are travelling backwards in time on a website, always remember to click
the duck on the right!" Kaare Fiedler Christiansen, afdaniain.

It is loading more messages.