"Mostly Harmless"

1 view

em...@vax5.cit.cornell.edu

Jan 13, 1992, 2:26:14 PM1/13/92
Rumors were a-flying a month back concerning the publication of Douglas Adam's
5th Hitchhiker's book titled "Mostly Harmless" - where the heck is it? Thanks.

P. J. Remner

Jan 13, 1992, 3:20:59 PM1/13/92

In a previous article, em...@vax5.cit.cornell.edu () says:

>Rumors were a-flying a month back concerning the publication of Douglas Adam's
>5th Hitchhiker's book titled "Mostly Harmless" - where the heck is it? Thanks.

(tries out a Christopher Lloyd/Doc Brown voice)

No, no, the appropriate question is WHEN the heck is it? It hasn't even
been printed yet!!

:-)
--
aj...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Peter "Lizard King" Remner)

I bought me an illusion and I put it on the wall
I let it fill my head with dreams and I had to have them all...

Robert Herbert

Jan 13, 1992, 6:20:38 PM1/13/92
aj...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (P. J. Remner) writes:

>In a previous article, em...@vax5.cit.cornell.edu () says:

>>Rumors were a-flying a month back concerning the publication of Douglas Adam's
>>5th Hitchhiker's book titled "Mostly Harmless" - where the heck is it? Thanks.

>No, no, the appropriate question is WHEN the heck is it? It hasn't even
>been printed yet!!

On the South Bank Show broadcast on ITV in Britain about two weeks ago,
DNA was saying that he hadn't even finished it - let alone printed it.
He was even considering major plot alterations, saying that so far the
plot had been largely 'L-Shaped', and he thought that he could make it
more 'Y-Shaped'. (?)(!)

Whatever, it should be well worth waiting for - even if he does what he
seems to be doing and make the book into a Dirk Gently follow-up rather
than a Hitch-Hiker follow-up.

*-Rob-----------------------+--------------------------------------------------*
rp...@uk.ac.ed.dcs - JANET | `for though he was master of the world he was not
rp...@dcs.ed.ac.uk - others | quite sure what to do next' - Arthur C. Clarke
*-Quotes of the day---------+--------------------------------------------------*
`But there aren't any real people here at all' 'So what's new': Roosta & Zaphod
*------------------------------------------------------------------HitchHiker's*
`Photographs, `he asked him knowingly'': Norman
*------------------------------------------------------------------Monty Python*

Scott Telford

Jan 14, 1992, 9:42:13 AM1/14/92
In article <16...@castle.ed.ac.uk>, rob...@castle.ed.ac.uk (Robert
Herbert) writes:

> On the South Bank Show broadcast on ITV in Britain about two weeks ago,
> DNA was saying that he hadn't even finished it - let alone printed it.
> He was even considering major plot alterations, saying that so far the
> plot had been largely 'L-Shaped', and he thought that he could make it
> more 'Y-Shaped'. (?)(!)

However, this programme was made sometime last year (prolly about 3rd
Q, I'd say), as somebody has stated here before. Melvyn Bragg (the
presenter) more or less implied it was out now (which it isn't, as far
as I know) but he prolly recorded that last year too.

--
Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science, / "I think she's one of the
University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Rd, / greatest composers of the

Fodrules

Jan 15, 1992, 5:35:01 AM1/15/92
In <24...@skye.dcs.ed.ac.uk> s.te...@ed.ac.uk (Scott Telford) writes:

>In article <16...@castle.ed.ac.uk>, rob...@castle.ed.ac.uk (Robert
>Herbert) writes:

>> On the South Bank Show broadcast on ITV in Britain about two weeks ago,
>> DNA was saying that he hadn't even finished it - let alone printed it.
>> He was even considering major plot alterations, saying that so far the
>> plot had been largely 'L-Shaped', and he thought that he could make it
>> more 'Y-Shaped'. (?)(!)

>However, this programme was made sometime last year (prolly about 3rd
>Q, I'd say), as somebody has stated here before. Melvyn Bragg (the
>presenter) more or less implied it was out now (which it isn't, as far
>as I know) but he prolly recorded that last year too.

Ah! Well, the date at the end was 1992, so therefore, we can
assume that only parts of it were made last year. Presumably it was
brought up to date for showing.

< Richard Underwood - wre...@uk.ac.soton.ecs >

The correct way to punctuate a sentance that starts "Of course
it is none of my business but -" is to place a period after the
word "but." Don't use exessive force in supplying such moron
with a period. Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure
and is bound to get you talked about.
- L.L.