Iv'e grown headphone between 11am-3pm

Bill Collan

Aug 7, 2001, 11:07:50 PM8/7/01
Honest to god, I've spouted a new appendage during middays.
A blue Panasonic headphone set tuned to WNEW.

I can't help it, it's like some kind of fungus (amoung-us)

Bill from NJ

Zero

Aug 7, 2001, 11:14:52 PM8/7/01

I bet Dr. Sal Calabro could lop that sucker right off

Norm DePloom

Aug 7, 2001, 11:25:47 PM8/7/01
I've been wearing yellow Sony Walkman am/fm headsets for years so I could
listen to D and M in the office. I laugh and the people around me say 'Oh
well, he's listening to Don and Mike again'.

--

Fella me amabo te.
Norm DePloom

"Bill Collan" <bco...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Alice From Hell

Aug 7, 2001, 11:54:49 PM8/7/01
Yeah, I get that at work too...
except people don't notice that I laugh so much lately. Why? CAUSE THE SHOW
HASN"T BEEN FUNNY FOR THE LAST YEAR

Norm DePloom wrote:

--
"My name is Luka. I am your father. Prepare to die."

Darrin Schiebel

Aug 8, 2001, 12:20:32 AM8/8/01
I can't help but think that this is a planted message from one of the shows
personnel. If I'm wrong I'm sorry but based on the show so far I see NO
reason to bother with headphones at all. I've taken to reading during the
lunch hour, it's great. I highly suggest it to all.

Norm DePloom

Aug 8, 2001, 12:23:14 AM8/8/01
It seems to be an automatic assumption on the parts of several members of
this news group that any positive statement made about the Don and Mike show
has to be a plant. Face it people there are some of us who still enjoy the
show no matter what you may think of it.

--

Fella me amabo te.
Norm DePloom

"Darrin Schiebel" <dru...@lvcm.com> wrote in message

Norm DePloom

Aug 8, 2001, 12:26:50 AM8/8/01
I often read and listen to the radio at the same time, it doesn't have to be
one or the other.

--

Fella me amabo te.
Norm DePloom

Darrin Schiebel

Aug 8, 2001, 12:39:13 AM8/8/01
Norm I've noticed your comments as well as your protestations that you are
not a part of the show. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's but then again
so is mine. The guys have mentioned that they lurk in this group. So it's
not an especially great leap to think that they might plant a positive
message here, particularly considering the general feeling of many that the
guys haven't always been above board in dealing with the fans. I also just
want to mention that I've been a long time, sporadic lurker and as such I
haven't seen your nome de plume before all this shit hit the fan. Not that
I am accusing you of being from the show but your completely uncritical
comments are quite different from the vast majority in the group. If you
were reading you own comments, considering all that has happened, wouldn't
you be suspicious???

"Norm DePloom" <normdeploo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Norm DePloom

Aug 8, 2001, 1:15:15 AM8/8/01
My comments have not been all non-critical. One day I posted a message that
I switched from don and mike to an all news station because I thought their
program was not worth listening to that day. I took a two or three year
vacation from the don and mike show and started listening to it again about
a year of so ago. Not everything they do is knee slapping funny but there
is enough that I find humorous to keep listening for the time being. If I
decide that their show is not worth listening to I'll switch back to KCBS
the all news station and see what's happening with the world.

Meanwhile, some of the posters to this news group sound like addicts who are
upset because their drug of choice no longer gets them high like it used to.

--

Fella me amabo te.
Norm DePloom

"Darrin Schiebel" <dru...@lvcm.com> wrote in message

John Willoughby

Aug 8, 2001, 2:14:21 AM8/8/01
FWIW, I still like the show. It's not what it was, but helps the time pass.

Metakomm

Aug 8, 2001, 7:33:57 AM8/8/01
As bad as they have been, positivity around here seems rare...LOL...I
wouldn't be surprised if this was staff...LOL

-Meta

Metakomm

Aug 8, 2001, 7:40:03 AM8/8/01

>"Norm DePloom"<

Hmmmm...Newsgroup Bama

> Meanwhile, some of the posters to this news group sound like addicts who
are
upset because their drug of choice no longer gets them high like it used
to.<

Why are you setting yourself up for a Usenet Asswhippin'?

-Meta

ColonelHawk

Aug 8, 2001, 8:43:00 AM8/8/01
Normy boy or girl writes>>>>>It seems to be an automatic assumption on the

parts of several members of
>this news group that any positive statement made about the Don and Mike show
>has to be a plant.

Well Norm the reason we think that is because usually the person doing it just
suddenly appears out of nowhere. several long time mebers here do defend the
boys a lot if you just look.

As I said we tend to get suspicious about new people who post "The guys are
great I really love the show you people all suck and are not fans" and then we
never hear from that person again.

You have hung around so I assume you are okay. I made my comment about you
being from the show as a joke. Notice at the end where I say something like
ColonelHawk
who loves to be suspicious

That was my lame D&M style attempt at humor!

ColonelHawk
Who is really suspicious now

Norm DePloom

Aug 8, 2001, 9:38:43 AM8/8/01
I'm just a positive kinda guy.

--

Fella me amabo te.
Norm DePloom

"Metakomm" <meta...@nospammetakommnospam.com> wrote in message

Tanukichan

Aug 8, 2001, 9:46:24 AM8/8/01
<< I can't help it, it's like some kind of fungus (amoung-us) >>

A mushroom walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Get out of here! We don't
want your kind around."
And the mushroom says, "Why not? I'm a fungi."

Tanukichan

Aug 8, 2001, 9:47:47 AM8/8/01
<< any positive statement made about the Don and Mike show
has to be a plant. >>

It must be a plant - it obviously doesn't have the intelligence of an animal.

Tanukichan

Aug 8, 2001, 9:50:05 AM8/8/01
<< FWIW, I still like the show. It's not what it was, but helps the time pass.

I can think of better ways to assassinate time.

Kareem Ofweet

Aug 8, 2001, 11:06:51 AM8/8/01
>It seems to be an automatic assumption on the parts of several members of
>this news group that any positive statement made about the Don and Mike show
>has to be a plant.

yes, when it's someone who is posting here for the first time with a ridiculous
name and heaping undue praise on the boys, like that bigg winner guy.

Kareem Ofweet

Aug 8, 2001, 11:07:34 AM8/8/01
>> Meanwhile, some of the posters to this news group sound like addicts who
>are
>upset because their drug of choice no longer gets them high like it used
>to.<

my kind bud still works.

alex

Aug 8, 2001, 12:02:16 PM8/8/01
Ohhh !!!
Man, that's COHHLD !!

>"Tanukichan" wrote . . .

John Willoughby

Aug 8, 2001, 1:44:58 PM8/8/01

>I can think of better ways to assassinate time.

It's about the only form of chronocide that my work allows me.

dudalb

Aug 8, 2001, 2:36:04 PM8/8/01
I think what we are suspcious of is extreme praise from people out of
nowhere and saying how D n M are going to kick Rush Limbaugh's ass. When
Bigg claimed they are going to draw away 25% of Limbaugh's audience I had to
laugh. No body believes that.

Bill

Aug 8, 2001, 3:38:15 PM8/8/01
Heeeeeeeey, I'm no plant!!!

I just happen to love the show **as it is**-.
Since I'm from the NYC area, I've never heard them when they were "good",
so I don't know what I'm missing.

And I never claimed to have good taste (or to taste good)

Bill from NJ