The Wreck of the Jefferson Clinton

GWLucky

Aug 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/16/98
The Wreck of the Jefferson Clinton

(with apologies to Gordon Lightfoot)

The legend lives on
From the Beltway on down
Of the Big Chief they called William Clinton.

The pundits all say
He have stayed the whole way
If he'd put just 10 more lies behind him.

<music>

At quarter to five
On CNN live
A transcript of him at the jury.

And Hillary said
Stay outta my bed
If you can't keep your hands off the interns.

At quarter to six
More sick'ning picts
Of arms around Monica's body.

At quarter to nine
"I'll try a new line"
And Kendal said goodbye to Lanny.

At quarter to ten
With subpoenas rushing in
He said "Fellas, it's been good to know you".

Does anyone know
Where the evidence goes
When the Big Chief resigns from his office?

<music>

The legend lives on
From the Beltway on down
Of the big Chief they called William Clinton.

And President Gore
(A bit of a bore)
Has done a good job to unite us.

The country lives on
Our laws are all strong
In spite of this national crisis.

<music and fade…>

Twodobes

Aug 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/16/98
>From: gwl...@aol.com (GWLucky)
>Date: 8/16/98 12:20 PM EST
GW -

Thanks...that was great! : )

Peace
John Kenney
Boston MA USA

Lupine159

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98

I could just picture Rob as Rush singing it!
(except for that verse about Gore, that is)

Pat, ecv

Beast of Bourbon

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
On 16 Aug 1998 17:20:33 GMT, gwl...@aol.com (GWLucky) wrote:

>The Wreck of the Jefferson Clinton

GW, this is was mostly excellent. I imagine Larry or Rob could do a Gordon
Lightfoot voice and try this one on the air. Then Imus may hire you as a
writer. Then would come scripts, hit shows, directing and producing jobs,
Hollywood parties, bimbos, Oscars, cocaine, and your eventual fiery downfall.
Ask yourself: Is it really worth it at all? Well?!? IS IT?!?!?!!?
<g>

GWLucky

Aug 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/17/98
Yeah, not to mention my "Coming Out" party...

Rob&Larry have free reign to use anything I post here...