Bernie's Maggie Williams

1 view

Ron Hardin

Jul 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/28/97

McCord: And uh, California entrepreneur Johnny Cheung charging
that aides to first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton solicited a $50,000
campaign contribution from him.

Imus: And he turned the check over there to Maggie Williams, didn't he.

McCord: That is uh, that's our understanding, Iman..

Bernie (voice): ..I'll take that..

McCord: ..according to Mr. Cheung.

Imus: Pardon me, Maggie?

Bernie (voice): I will take that.

Imus: Oh, okay.

McCord: At the time he was seeking VIP treatment for himself and
six Chinese executives. Says he met with White House aide Evan
Ryan asking if the Chinese execs could visit with the first lady
and dine at the White House..

Bernie (voice): ..I'll put it right in my hand bag..

Imus: ..that will be fine..

Bernie (voice): ..ain't nobody touching this..

McCord: Mr. Ryan left for about twenty minutes and then..

Imus: (unintelligible)

McCord: ..came back according to Mr. Cheung and made a
pitch for a contribution to the DNC.

Bernie (voice): ..that's all you're coughing up?..

McCord: ..and a day later Cheung gave the check to Maggie
Williams.

Imus: ..who claimed that she was taken totally by surprise there,
and ..

Bernie (voice): ..I had no idea what was happening..

Imus: ..was so flustered she just didn't know what to do..

McCord: ..that's right..

Imus: ..first time anybody's ever handed her a check, apparently.
Most days ..

McCord: ..yup..

Imus: ..I suppose it had been cash.

Bernie (voice): ..I had just had my hair straightened out..

Imus: ..God, oh god..

Bernie (voice): (unintelligible) I was awful (unintelligible) that day..

Imus: .. we don't need to go there, I don't think, do you?

Bernie (voice): ..I was traumatized..

Imus: ..It add Jesus God, no wonder I mean, oh God, it's thirteen
after the hour, what else?

Duck: Quack quack..
--
Ron Hardin
r...@research.att.com

LGatoGordo

Jul 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/30/97

I was on the floor laughing my ass off when I heard this particular
colloquy. Does that make me a racist?

El Gato Gordo

'A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a danish." Ty Webb.

GWLucky

Jul 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/30/97

No, it doesn't! I think Bernie doing either a male or female black voice
is some of the funniest stuff ever.