Highest IQs and highest academic accomplishments

M.McCoy

Apr 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/13/00
In article <38F45271...@eskimo.com>, big...@eskimo.com wrote:

> M.McCoy wrote:
> <snip>
> > big...@eskimo.com wrote:
> > Actually the best group of blacks I could find were these:
> >
> > The 30 Negro children in the elementary schools of
> > Washington, D.C. The IQs of the group ranged from 129 to 175; the mean
> > was 143. - Reference: Proctor, Lillian S. :_A case study of thirty
> > superior colored children of Washington D.C. unpublished Master's
> > thesis. Chicago: University of Chicago, 1929. Pages 592-593 of Journal
> > of Educational Psychology 25,1934.
>
> Ah, yes....the 1934 syndrome again raises its ugly IQ-75 head. Any scientist
> knows that if you have a million data points
> that tell you one thing and one data point that says something
> totally different, the latter is 99.99% likely to be bogus.
> More likely, there was some systematic error in the testing,
> data processing, or outright fraud, since such astonishing
> performance has never again been found since Nineteen-
> Thirty-fkg-Four.....

A modern day example of very high IQs and highest academic accomplishments
of a group of Negroes in the U.S. (higher than any other ethnic group in
the U.S.).

There is the example of Today of Philip Emeagwali and the ethnic group he
belongs to, the Nigerian-Immigrants (Nigerian-Americans).

http://www.emeagwali.com/education/new-jersey/philadelphia-inquirer-intellectual-inspiration-02-26-99.html
Philip Emeagwali, a man of immeasurably high intelligence....
Emeagwali, whose IQ is too high to be measured on conventional tests....
http://emeagwali.com/speeches/montgomery-alabama-october-9-1999/nigerian-afr
ican-brain-drain.html

According to the United States Census Bureau, Nigerians are the most
educated ethnic group in the United States....Sixty-four
percent of Nigerians in this country has one or more university degrees.
There are about 250,000 Nigerians living in the United States.

According to Dr. Emmanuel Oranika, half of the members of Association of
Nigerians, Montgomery have masters and doctorate degrees.
http://www.jhu.edu/~soc/pcid/papers/8

Program In Comparative International Development

Department of Sociology
Johns Hopkins University
Baltimore, MD. 21218 USA
Working Paper #8

DIVERGENT DESTINIES:
IMMIGRATION, POVERTY, AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
IN THE UNITED STATES

Alejandro Portes
and
Min Zhou

April 1992

Written for the project on Poverty, Inequality, and the
Crisis of Social Policy, Joint Center for Political and
Economic Studies, Washington DC.

The foreign-born
population as a whole has 13 percent less high school
graduates than the U.S. total population, but the number
of college graduates is about the same. As shown in the
table, a number of nationalities exceed the U.S.
averages, often by a considerable margin. Notable in this
regard, are the educational profiles of Iranians,
Egyptians, Taiwanese, and Nigerians.

The economic situation of Iranians and Nigerians is
noteworthy since, as seen in Table 3, they figure among
the most highly educated immigrants.
http://www.ingress.com/jbhe/pressrel.htm

African Immigrants to the U.S.
Are the Nation's Most Highly Educated Group

According to an analysis of Census Bureau data by The Journal of
Blacks in Higher Education, African immigrants to the United States are
more likely to be college educated than any other immigrant group.
African immigrants to the U.S. are also more highly educated than any
other native-born ethnic group including white Americans.

Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma. This
is slightly more than the percentage of Asian immigrants to the U.S.,
nearly double the rate for native-born white Americans, and nearly four
times the rate for native-born African Americans.

In 1997, 19.4 percent of all adult African immigrants in the United
States held a graduate degree, compared to 8.1 percent of adult whites
and 3.8 percent of adult blacks in the United States.

The high percentage of African immigrants who hold college and graduate
degrees appears to drive another nail in the coffin of the scientific
racists who consistently hold the position that blacks are
intellectually inferior to whites.

--
Elijah McCoy (1844-1929)
Automatic Oil Cup