Jake's Story - WOW!

Smlp0tat0

Nov 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/27/98
I finally got my unrated copy of "Jake's Story"!!!! OK you guys you were all
definitely holding back on me! My GOD! Every scene, every gesture, every look
- just absolutely drop dead gorgeous! I was butter from the get go - when he
was just sitting at the cafe counter sipping coffee! And when Kate said, "You
have nice eyes. They're sad, but nice." - the way he looked!!!!!!! I've never
seen anyone look so sexy just sitting and hardly doing a thing! And of course
the subsequent scenes later - well if I was butter in the opening few minutes
you can imagine where I went from there! (VBG)

Oh my! OK, I've been reading a lot of idiotic postings lately about how David
is getting "puffy" or "he's old looking" or "it's the hair right?" ARE THESE
PEOPLE BLIND???? This man affects me like no other actor ever has - he's just
so drop dead gorgeous it's not even funny! And to me he just keeps getting
better looking all of the time. So what about the rest of you? What are your
thoughts on this subject?

And I've always loved David's body, but oh my, isn't he getting nice and buff?
I personally do not like a guy who looks too pumped up, but I thought I was
going to fall over last week when I saw his arms in the hospital scene in
"Triangle"! Someone somewhere mentioned Skinner bringing Mulder flowers and I
was l like, "What? Who could possibly have noticed Skinner when Mulder was
lying there like that?" And were any of you other ladies looking to see if the
back of his hospital gown was open? (VBG)

Oh, well as you can see I'm a little high on seeing "Jake's Story"! ABSOLUTELY
LOVED IT and though I've been going on about his looks, I thought he gave a
very fine performance in it as well (I'm not THAT superficial). I especially
loved when he was walking to meet Kate for their first date. Just the way he
was walking you knew that he was thinking about Alex and that he was not going
to go out with Kate. He definitely has great body language!

Thanks for catching my drool!!

Cindy

P.S. BTW, for those of you who have seen botht he rated and unrated versions,
which parts are cut out in the rated one?

ro...@ridgefield-ct.com

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
I think my exact words were, "Oh My God!"

Carolyn

Sally700

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
>Oh, well as you can see I'm a little high on seeing "Jake's Story"!

LOL, I swear that after finally seeing the RSD pilot for the first time, I was
in a good mood for a whole damn week. <g>

-Ali

Sunflower seeds for all! C> C> C>
Co-founder: Fox William Mulder on the Web (FWMW)
members.aol.com/Sally700/fwmw.html

Joa1058394

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
> smlp...@aol.com wrote:

>I finally got my unrated copy of "Jake's Story"!!!!

Congratulations !

> OK you guys you were all
>definitely holding back on me!

Holding Back? Not many of us on this ng hold
back when it comes to DD.. <BG>

> My GOD! Every scene, every gesture, every look
>- just absolutely drop dead gorgeous! I was butter from the get go

Yeah , I feel the same when I watch it . All warm and gooey inside... <g>

>Oh my! OK, I've been reading a lot of idiotic postings lately about how
>David
>is getting "puffy" or "he's old looking" or "it's the hair right?" ARE THESE
>PEOPLE BLIND???

That haircut could account for some of the
silly posts about DD looking puffy shorter
hair can make one's face look larger but to me
he looks terrific and he about blew me away
last week with those biceps . Now I admit I like
his hair a little bit fuller and longer but
Short hair , Long hair , buff or skinny the boy
IS drop dead gorgeous I totally agree !!

> And were any of you other ladies looking to see if the
>back of his hospital gown was open? (VBG)

Of course !

>Thanks for catching my drool!!

Your Welcome ! your'e in good company
here with DD droolers.. <VBG>

~Joan

Dreamn34

Nov 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/28/98
Where can I get one of these unrated copies of Jakes Story? I wanna know what
everyone else is talking about. I've caught the beginning of those RSD's a few
times but theres not enough DD in them for me.

Fionulla

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98
<< I thought he gave a
very fine performance in it as well (I'm not THAT superficial). I especially
loved when he was walking to meet Kate for their first date. Just the way he
was walking you knew that he was thinking about Alex and that he was not going
to go out with Kate. He definitely has great body language!

Thanks for catching my drool!!

Cindy>>

Oh yes!!! How about that basketball scene?!? What lucky girls they were to be
there to drool! He was so YUMMY!!! No shirt, sweaty, mad, need I say more?!?
LOL, as you may tell I pretty much LOVED it!

PS I'm still hoping someone out there has a copy of "Triangle" I really don't
want to wait till summer! Real Scully or no, I'm a shipper and I'll take what
I can get! Please email me if you can help.

TIA

Laura Stone
<fion...@aol.com>

GeoRed

Nov 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/29/98

In article <19981127153705...@ng08.aol.com>, smlp...@aol.com
(Smlp0tat0) writes:

>Oh my! OK, I've been reading a lot of idiotic postings lately about how
>David
>is getting "puffy" or "he's old looking" or "it's the hair right?" ARE THESE

>PEOPLE BLIND????

Yes. They are.

He gets better and better with every episode......due in large part, IMO, to
the fact that he is HAPPY. He seems so happy he is glowing. Beautiful.

Heidi
::::::::with head in hands, rocking slowly::::::::::
"It just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter."
<Mulder: He's not just lean.......he's cuisine.>

Marcusfam1

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
>he is HAPPY. He seems so happy he is glowing. Beautiful.

He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but thats
cute too !

Harriet

gwaihir

Nov 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/30/98
In article <19981130202544...@ng16.aol.com>, sall...@aol.com
says...

>>He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but
>>thats
>>cute too !
>>
>>Harriet
>
>I didn't notice any weight gain...?

I saw muscles and larger biceps, but weight gain? He has more of
a muscular look than he had before, but I haven't noticed any spare
poundage. Believe me, in Dreamland I, I was *looking*. <g>

Joyce
"... a desire to have all the fun is
nine-tenths of the law of chivalry." PDBW

Sally700

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98

>He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but
>thats
>cute too !
>
>Harriet

I didn't notice any weight gain...?

-Ali

JLDolphin

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
>>He gets better and better with every episode......due in large part, IMO, to
the fact that he is HAPPY. He seems so happy he is glowing. Beautiful.<<

I've really noticed this this season.. He really seems to be enjoying himself
and we are the grateful beneficiaries.

Jill, I'll-do-it-tomorrow Twit

Joa1058394

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
>sall...@aol.com (Sally700)

>>He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but
>>thats
>>cute too !
>>
>>Harriet

>I didn't notice any weight gain...?

Me either ! Interesting last night on EW they
had a segment on how the stars get back into
shape after eating a big holiday meal .Guess
who was one of the "stars" Yep DD.

It was some sort of yoga excercise craze out
there in Califonia and they
had a clip of a unknown DD excercising
then they showed Tea saying she would
get back into it as soon as she felt better
it was just a head shot but one taken recently.

~Joan

kab...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
In article <19981130174805...@ng123.aol.com>,
marcu...@aol.com (Marcusfam1) wrote:

> He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but thats
> cute too !

I don't see where he's gotten heavier. He's gained muscle and is more toned
than before, but no way has he gotten heavier.

Kabrina aka Perpetually Cranky Twit

GeoRed

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
(Marcusfam1) writes:

>>he is HAPPY. He seems so happy he is glowing. Beautiful.
>

>He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but
>thats
>cute too !

You obviously didn't catch him dancing in his underwear. Not a spare ounce on
that boy.......you could even see the abs through the t-shirt. Yummy. If he
is gaining any weight, it is in MUSCLE. And that is good.

FRANK STEINBERG

Dec 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/1/98
to GeoRed
GeoRed wrote:

> In article <19981130174805...@ng123.aol.com>, marcu...@aol.com
> (Marcusfam1) writes:
>
> >>he is HAPPY. He seems so happy he is glowing. Beautiful.
> >
> >He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but
> >thats
> >cute too !
>
> You obviously didn't catch him dancing in his underwear. Not a spare ounce on
> that boy.......you could even see the abs through the t-shirt. Yummy. If he
> is gaining any weight, it is in MUSCLE. And that is good.
>
> Heidi

I bet you couldn't even pinch an inch as they say:) The man does not
have an ounce of fat on him. Pure muscle.
Marlene S

Kasia

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
In article <19981201173853...@ngol01.aol.com>,

geo...@aol.com (GeoRed) wrote:

> In article <19981130174805...@ng123.aol.com>, marcu...@aol.com
> (Marcusfam1) writes:
>
> >>he is HAPPY. He seems so happy he is glowing. Beautiful.
> >
> >He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but
> >thats
> >cute too !
>
> You obviously didn't catch him dancing in his underwear. Not a spare ounce on
> that boy.......you could even see the abs through the t-shirt. Yummy. If he
> is gaining any weight, it is in MUSCLE. And that is good.
>
> Heidi

<juvenile comment> Mmm! And I know which muscle. </juvenile comment>

--
Kasia
David Duchovny in His Own Words

Marcusfam1

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
Heidi ,
I was referring to the weight gain in the face and upper arms <G>! If you
look at the first two seasons , DD has a much thinner face .

Harriet

gwaihir

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
In article <19981202093132...@ng-fd1.aol.com>, marcu...@aol.com
says...

Those are muscles in them thar biceps. ;-) He's been working out
with weights, so his upper body is much more muscular.

As for the face, it may be a bit fuller, but if you take a long,
loving look at his stomach in the mirror dance, there isn't a
trace of fat. Besides, I think the fuller face suits him. <g>

I suspect we're seeing the results of weight training and genuine
relaxation.

Joa1058394

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
><gwa...@dejanews.com>

>As for the face, it may be a bit fuller, but if you take a long,
>loving look at his stomach in the mirror dance, there isn't a
>trace of fat. Besides, I think the fuller face suits him. <g>

Yes, ITA not an ounce of fat and believe me
if you have ever seen yourself on tv which I
did once you would realize just how thin
DD really is ..

.I suspect we're seeing the results of weight training and genuine
>relaxation.

Yes I think you've nailed it .

~Joan - who thinks DD is absolutely fucking
gorgeous. pardon the language but I mean it!.

FRANK STEINBERG

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
gwaihir wrote:

> In article <19981202093132...@ng-fd1.aol.com>, marcu...@aol.com
> says...
> >
> >Heidi ,
> > I was referring to the weight gain in the face and upper arms <G>! If you
> >look at the first two seasons , DD has a much thinner face .
> >
> >Harriet
>
> Those are muscles in them thar biceps. ;-) He's been working out
> with weights, so his upper body is much more muscular.
>
> As for the face, it may be a bit fuller, but if you take a long,
> loving look at his stomach in the mirror dance, there isn't a
> trace of fat. Besides, I think the fuller face suits him. <g>
>
> I suspect we're seeing the results of weight training and genuine
> relaxation.
>
> Joyce
Talk about gaining weight, well this is a little off topic. One person
that I use to positively drool over was Alec Baldwin. In fact he was
another person that I use to think that David reminded me of. I guess
it was his pouty mouth. Well anyway boy has that man gained weight.
His face is so full now that I don't even find him as handsome anymore.
It has really aged him. I think he is about David's age and i think he
looks 10 years older then him. As far a David, he has never looked
better. He was a little to thin at the start of the show. Although you
could always see how well defined his abdominal muscles were. But I
use to think that his upper arms were kind of thin untill Little Green
Men, that's when I noticed him beginning to really fill out. I think he
is now just perfect in every way. More handsome than ever.
Marlene S

GeoRed

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98

In article <7440bs$3...@drn.newsguy.com>, gwaihir <gwa...@dejanews.com> writes:

>As for the face, it may be a bit fuller, but if you take a long,
>loving look at his stomach in the mirror dance, there isn't a
>trace of fat. Besides, I think the fuller face suits him. <g>

Believe me when I say that in person, David's face is very angular. And it
hasn't been that long since I've seen him. I can only imagine what he looked
like *before*. IMO, he had a runners upper body before......somewhat narrow
through the shoulders, kinda on the skinny side (of course with runners'
shoulders, come a runners *butt*....lordy). Now, he has broadened considerable
although he is still quite thin. In person, wearing street clothes, he seemed
taller than I would have thought........and wearing a t-shirt, sweater *and* a
leather jacket, he still looked like he could easily handle a few extra pounds.
He was perfect, IMO, though.

gwaihir

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98
In article <19981202234209...@ng-cd1.aol.com>,
jldo...@aol.comstopjunk says...

>>>I bet you couldn't even pinch an inch as they say:)<<
>
>:: raises hand::
>I volunteer to try.
>
>Jill, I'll-do-it-tomorrow Twit

Age before beauty. ;-)

I'm feeling very shallow right now, but loving
every minute of it. Time to rewatch the mirror
scene.

Sleep? Who needs sleep? ;-)

JLDolphin

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98

BSirious

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
Have you seen Julia Has Two Lovers yet?
You thought Jake's Story was hot....
Hard to get this one for purchase, but I found it at a Blockbuster for
rent...definitely a must see!

JinaKh

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
> As far a David, he has never looked
>better. He was a little to thin at the start of the show

I always thought so, too. In fact in some shots he looked positively skinny -
too skinny. He's looking a lot better now. Marriage and being happy and cared
for obviously suits him. Good job done Téa!

Jina

Dreamn34

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
I just got my video of Jakes Story in the mail today and OMG that girl is
sooooo lucky. They need to show more David D. skin and it needs to last longer.
But that was enough for me.. mmmm

Cynthia Amaya

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
Joa1058394 wrote:

> ~Joan - who thinks DD is absolutely fucking
> gorgeous. pardon the language but I mean it!.

Great minds think alike.

Now don't bother me for awhile. Reading "DD" and "fucking" in the same
sentence sends me into deep space.
--
Cynthia Amaya Reis
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luna457954

Dec 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/11/98
<< He is also gaining some sympathy pounds along with his pregnant wife but
thats
cute too !

Harriet >>

I like a man with a little meat on his bones...

Kelly
Carry on my wayward son,
There'll be peace when you are done.
Lay your weary head to rest,
Don't you cry no more.

--Kansas

Luna457954

Dec 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/11/98
<< I bet you couldn't even pinch an inch as they say:) >>

Maybe not, but I'd be more than willing to try....