Deviled eggs at theatre??!

Rev Chuck

Apr 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/5/99
DJ CALAMARI 2000 wrote:

> In alt.bobgoblin-extraordinaire, DJ CALAMARI 2000 said...
> > In alt.fan.cecil-adams, David Ciesnik said...
> > >
> > > Lately, here in Colorado, United Artists theatres have been showing some
> > > commercial as part of their preview screening that depicts people eating deviled
> > > eggs before popcorn came around. I forgot what the commercial is for, but it
> > > shows people -- in the 60's? --with big bags of deviled eggs scarfing down dozens
> > > of these delicious treats.
> > >
> > > So, is this some stupid joke? or did people really eat deviled eggs before
> > > popcorn became the norm????
> > > -David
> > >
> > > _
> > > David Ciesnik
> > > ciesnik(at)ucsub(dot)colorado(dot)edu
> > >

> > I love deviled eggs but can't imagine
> > scarfing down _dozens_ of them!
> > That would make me sick!
> >

> are you sure you weren't
> screening a Flintstones episode?
> Deviled eggs and brontoburgers?
>
> --
> - goblin
> - e-mail: ly...@iglou.com
> - Website: http://come.to/bobgoblin
> - newsgroup: alt.bobgoblin-extraordinaire

Does nobody remember the toothless old codger eating the tomato from
"The Night They Raided Minsky's"?

--
Nothing says you're insane like prayer.
Rev Chuck, Alt.Atheism #203, Ordained Reverend, ULC, 17 March, 1997.

David Ciesnik

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99

DJ CALAMARI 2000

DJ CALAMARI 2000

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99
In alt.bobgoblin-extraordinaire, DJ CALAMARI 2000 said...
> In alt.fan.cecil-adams, David Ciesnik said...
> >
> > Lately, here in Colorado, United Artists theatres have been showing some
> > commercial as part of their preview screening that depicts people eating deviled
> > eggs before popcorn came around. I forgot what the commercial is for, but it
> > shows people -- in the 60's? --with big bags of deviled eggs scarfing down dozens
> > of these delicious treats.
> >
> > So, is this some stupid joke? or did people really eat deviled eggs before
> > popcorn became the norm????
> > -David
> >
> > _
> > David Ciesnik
> > ciesnik(at)ucsub(dot)colorado(dot)edu
> >

> I love deviled eggs but can't imagine
> scarfing down _dozens_ of them!
> That would make me sick!

are you sure you weren't

screening a Flintstones episode?
Deviled eggs and brontoburgers?

Canadian

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
On 6 Apr 1999 18:21:30 GMT, cie...@ucsub.Colorado.EDU (David Ciesnik)
wrote:

>Lately, here in Colorado, United Artists theatres have been showing some
>commercial as part of their preview screening that depicts people eating deviled
>eggs before popcorn came around. I forgot what the commercial is for, but it
>shows people -- in the 60's? --with big bags of deviled eggs scarfing down dozens
>of these delicious treats.
>
>So, is this some stupid joke? or did people really eat deviled eggs before
>popcorn became the norm????

And goddam! $6.50 for a deviled egg!

--
Chris Foley (cana...@drunkenbastards.org)

Alan Hamilton

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
wrote:

>Lately, here in Colorado, United Artists theatres have been showing some
>commercial as part of their preview screening that depicts people eating deviled
>eggs before popcorn came around. I forgot what the commercial is for, but it
>shows people -- in the 60's? --with big bags of deviled eggs scarfing down dozens
>of these delicious treats.
>
>So, is this some stupid joke? or did people really eat deviled eggs before
>popcorn became the norm????

It's a Moviefone ad (showing in a number of different theater chains),
and yes, the deviled eggs are a joke.
--
/
/ * / Alan Hamilton

Mark Hanson

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99

David Ciesnik wrote:

> Lately, here in Colorado, United Artists theatres have been showing some
> commercial as part of their preview screening that depicts people eating deviled
> eggs before popcorn came around. I forgot what the commercial is for, but it
> shows people -- in the 60's? --with big bags of deviled eggs scarfing down dozens
> of these delicious treats.
>
> So, is this some stupid joke? or did people really eat deviled eggs before
> popcorn became the norm????

> -David

It's a joke, although apparently only "stupid" because you didn't laugh.

Mark

Shane Glaseman

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
Rev Chuck wrote:

> DJ CALAMARI 2000 wrote:
> >
> > In alt.bobgoblin-extraordinaire, DJ CALAMARI 2000 said...
> > > In alt.fan.cecil-adams, David Ciesnik said...

Uh... it's a joke. You're supposed to remember it (which you did),
remember its relation to the popcorn now sold (which you did), and buy
more popcorn.

lonepine

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
No one ever ate deviled eggs in the theater in the 60s, we popped up about 5
gallons of popcorn, hid 6 people and 6 six packs in the trunk, and paid only
one admission to the drive in theater.