Kennedy Conspiracy Theories

MCHamster

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
Well now that we know that his plane went down like a bat out of hell...
doesn't it seem likely that Jack Ruby or somebody did it?

--
M C Hamster
"Big Wheel Keep on Turnin'" -- Creedence Clearwater Revival

James Gifford

Jul 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/20/99
MCHamster wrote:
> Well now that we know that his plane went down like a bat out of
> hell... doesn't it seem likely that Jack Ruby or somebody did it?

I understand Pierre Salinger is claiming it was a missile.

--

| James Gifford - Nitrosyncretic Press - gif...@nitrosyncretic.com |
| See http://www.nitrosyncretic.com for the Robert Heinlein FAQ |

Rich Clancey

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
MCHamster (mcha...@aol.com) wrote:
+ Well now that we know that his plane went down like a bat out of hell...
+ doesn't it seem likely that Jack Ruby or somebody did it?

+ --
+ M C Hamster
+ "Big Wheel Keep on Turnin'" -- Creedence Clearwater Revival

Mosey on over to alt.conspiracy for a spell. One guy there is
convinced the Illuminati have eliminated him because he was about to
announce his candidacy for the Senate from New York.

ra...@westnet.poe.com

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Rich Clancey <r...@world.std.com> wrote:
> Mosey on over to alt.conspiracy for a spell. One guy there is
> convinced the Illuminati have eliminated him because he was about to
> announce his candidacy for the Senate from New York.

At least Kennedy _lived_ there.

John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Ask me about joining the NRA.

JmG

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
ra...@westnet.poe.com wrote:

>At least Kennedy _lived_ there.

We catch your cut. But I'd be willing to bet Rudy couldn't find Schenectady on a
map, name a Finger Lake, tell you what a cow looks like or name one city along
the Erie Canal.

cens...@china.com - [www.bongoboy.com]

rob...@bestweb.net

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
On 1999-07-21 r...@world.std.com(RichClancey) said:

>Mosey on over to alt.conspiracy for a spell. One guy there is
>convinced the Illuminati have eliminated him because he was about to
>announce his candidacy for the Senate from New York.

Not the way I heard it. The Illuminati had to sacrifice him and a number of
other humans to gain energy for the procedure they're planning for Aug.
11-13 to open the Earth's 3rd eye. The method used was the Rapture, which
took place that night and took a large number of bodies, the vast majority
of whom were not celebrities. That'd mean that the body found today is an
impostor.

Robert
Net-Tamer V 1.11 - Registered

Deborah

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
>One think I'll say for JFKjr; he had better legs than a grand piano...

Yes, he was a real side of beef, as my sister would say.

Best regards from Deborah "that's a compliment, mind you" Finn

FAQ file: http://members.aol.com/SJF1959/index.html
Archive: http://www.listbot.com/archive/in.box

JmG

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
rob...@bestweb.net wrote:

>Not the way I heard it. The Illuminati had to sacrifice him and a number of
>other humans to gain energy for the procedure they're planning for Aug.
>11-13 to open the Earth's 3rd eye. The method used was the Rapture, which
>took place that night and took a large number of bodies, the vast majority
>of whom were not celebrities. That'd mean that the body found today is an
>impostor.

Then how do you explain the burn marks, holes and missile fragments?

Carl Fink

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:42:38 GMT JmG <jmg...@bestweb.net> wrote:

>We catch your cut. But I'd be willing to bet Rudy couldn't find
>Schenectady on a map, name a Finger Lake, tell you what a cow
>looks like or name one city along the Erie Canal.

And this is a problem why?

(I live on Long Island and was born in Manhattan. I can't do any of
those things except recognize a cow.)
--
Carl Fink ca...@dm.net
"This fool wishes to reverse the entire science of astronomy."

JmG

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
ca...@panix.com (Carl Fink) wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 21:42:38 GMT JmG <jmg...@bestweb.net> wrote:
>>
>>We catch your cut. But I'd be willing to bet Rudy couldn't find
>>Schenectady on a map, name a Finger Lake, tell you what a cow
>>looks like or name one city along the Erie Canal.
>
>And this is a problem why?

The Republican party in NYS has been calling Mrs. Clinton a 'carpetbagger'
because she does not live in NYS and so should not run for Senate from here.
Buckley too, I presume... Anyway, I'm sure Rudy has about as much knowledge of
the state of New York as Mrs. Clinton does. It's a non-issue basically because
anyone living north of the Bronx can easily consider Rudy to be a carpetbagger
himself since he's probably never been there either.

There will be issues as the campaign season develops and residency is not one of
them. Unless you want to make residency the price for employment for NYC cops!

Yeechang Lee

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
JmG <jmg...@bestweb.net> wrote:
> The Republican party in NYS has been calling Mrs. Clinton a 'carpetbagger'
> because she does not live in NYS and so should not run for Senate from here.
> Buckley too, I presume...

For what it's worth, Buckley lived in CT but worked in NY for years
before his election.

> Anyway, I'm sure Rudy has about as much knowledge of the state of
> New York as Mrs. Clinton does.

That's silly. The mayor knows NYC well, obviously. Even if Giuliani
doesn't know a *single thing* about upstate NY (something I find
dubious, as even the most diehard NYCers--like me--know places like
Niagara Falls, etc.), isn't that a considerable advantage to someone
who has *never* lived in NYC, let alone the state, like Mrs. Clinton?

> There will be issues as the campaign season develops and residency
> is not one of them. Unless you want to make residency the price for
> employment for NYC cops!

A non sequitur. The question of whether NYC cops should be NYC
residents is irrelevant to the discussion of whether it's proper--not
legal, but proper--for Mrs. Clinton to run for the Senate in NY.

Yeechang "A tip for out-of-towners: no New Yorker would *ever* say
'upperstate New York.' It's always 'upstate' New York" Lee
--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/>

Randy Poe

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Yeechang Lee wrote:
> That's silly. The mayor knows NYC well, obviously. Even if Giuliani
> doesn't know a *single thing* about upstate NY (something I find
> dubious, as even the most diehard NYCers--like me--know places like
> Niagara Falls, etc.), isn't that a considerable advantage to someone
> who has *never* lived in NYC, let alone the state, like Mrs. Clinton?

Well, as someone who grew up in upstate New York, I have to
say that it's a huge uphill climb for somebody from "The City"
to convince the rest of the state they know or care about anything
outside the NYC area. In NYC, "upstate" seems to refer to anything
north of Yankee Stadium. And I say this as somebody who has a lot
of fondness for NYC, heck I have family there.

At the end of "Tootsie", we see a New Yorker's vision of what
it means to play in upstate theater: opening in Syracuse means
you are in the "Theater in a Barn".

Ed Koch was the last NYC resident I saw make a run for governor
before I left. In Syracuse, based on some misstatement he made
in an interview, the front-page of the Herald Journal featured
his picture with the caption "Hiya, hick!" every day throughout
the campaign. Of course, the editors missed the point that
such a hick-town stunt would just reinforce the stereotype, but
anyway he was slaughtered in the elections.

If anything, an out-of-stater has a better chance upstate
than a city resident does.
- Randy

ra...@westnet.poe.com

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Yeechang Lee <yl...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Yeechang "A tip for out-of-towners: no New Yorker would *ever* say
> 'upperstate New York.' It's always 'upstate' New York" Lee

"Upperstate New York"? What's that?

Ontario or Quebec?

rogermi...@my-deja.com

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
In article <19990721201647...@ngol07.aol.com>,
> this is a conspiracy, but it's no theory:

Bush's former SoBlicitor General spent more than a full
presidential term trying to put a hole in Bill
Clinton's head. Tampering with a plane's fuel line
to make it run out of gas before it lands is child's
play:

Oh no, we didn't repeat the bullshit mainstream media party
line. It was bad judgment, bad judgment,bad judgment,
bad judgment, bad judgment,bad judgment, bad judgment,
bad judgment, bad judgment,bad judgment, bad judgment,
bad judgment, bad judgment, bad judgment, bad, bad, bad,
bad, bad, bad, bad judgment, bad, bad, bad cautious pilot.

http://welcome.to/thenews

JFK JR. was murdered because he was a Democratic asset. It isn't
difficult to arrange an accident if you are a psycho spook. JFK is
certainly not the only one who has had a plane crash because he
furthered the interests of the Democratic Party. There was at least
one other Clinton fundraiser, besides Ron Brown, who had a
mysterious plane crash. The vast right wing conspiracy went too far
on this one:

http://welcome.to/thenews

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Yeechang Lee

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Randy Poe <q...@dgsys.com> wrote:
> Ed Koch was the last NYC resident I saw make a run for governor
> before I left. In Syracuse, based on some misstatement he made
> in an interview, the front-page of the Herald Journal featured
> his picture with the caption "Hiya, hick!" every day throughout
> the campaign. Of course, the editors missed the point that
> such a hick-town stunt would just reinforce the stereotype, but
> anyway he was slaughtered in the elections.

Koch was never the Democratic nominee for Governor in 1982; he lost to
Mario Cuomo (whom he had defeated in the mayoral primaries in 1977).
Considering Cuomo--who, of course, served as governor for 12 years)
was every much a NYCer as Koch, I suspect the latter's origins were
rather unimportant in the long run.
--
<URL:http://www.pobox.com/~ylee/>

Randy Poe

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Koch was never the Democratic nominee for Governor in 1982; he lost to
> Mario Cuomo (whom he had defeated in the mayoral primaries in 1977).

Perhaps it's the primary season I remember then. 1982 would have
been the year.

> Considering Cuomo--who, of course, served as governor for 12 years)

Yes, I thought of Cuomo as a counter-example, but he was
Lieutenant Governor, which gave him that incumbent head
start thing.

> was every much a NYCer as Koch, I suspect the latter's origins were
> rather unimportant in the long run.

Speak for yourself.

Koch was very much associated with NYC, as a very visible
personality-cult mayor. He was very strongly associated
with that "sneering at the hicks" thing that upstaters love
to hate in downstaters. Cuomo probably held NYC office at
some time, but few upstaters would have known or cared. What
they knew about him was the fact that he was already serving
statewide office. Da Mayor of Da City, walking daily down his
streets waving to the TV cameras, asking "How'm I doin'?"
is going to be perceived very differently from some city
prosecutor or councilman.

As I said, one comment (I think in Playboy) using the
word "hick" was enough to garner Koch angry headlines
for months.

Randy

rob...@bestweb.net

Jul 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/22/99
On 1999-07-22 jmgreenATbestweb.net said:

>rob...@bestweb.net wrote:

Hey, don't look at me! I didn't do it.

Deborah

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99

>> Yeechang "A tip for out-of-towners: no New Yorker would *ever* say
>> 'upperstate New York.' It's always 'upstate' New York" Lee
>
>"Upperstate New York"? What's that?

I've heard of "Upstate Manhattan" - heck, I've even been there. It's a cluster
of neighborhoods considerably above Harlem. But I've never heard of
"Upperstate New York" - not even when I lived near the Vermont-New York border.

Best regards from Deborah

Lalbert1

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
>I've heard of "Upstate Manhattan" - heck, I've even been there. It's a
>cluster
>of neighborhoods considerably above Harlem. But I've never heard of
>"Upperstate New York" - not even when I lived near the Vermont-New York
>border.

You are correct about "Upperstate New York", it's just a malapropism. But you
are absolutely and irrevcocably wrong about "Upstate Manhattan". There has
*never, ever* been such a designation. What you may have heard is a reference
to "upper Manhattan".

For extra, extra credit, what does the jazz title "UMMG" refer to?

Les

Deborah

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
>You are correct about "Upperstate New York", it's just a malapropism. But
>you>are absolutely and irrevcocably wrong about "Upstate Manhattan". There
has
>*never, ever* been such a designation. What you may have heard is a
>reference>to "upper Manhattan".

Well, it's not an official name of a neighborhood, but I know people who live
there and refer to it that way. They use jokingly, but they use it.

Best regards from Deborah "I've also heard joking references to 'Baja
Manhattan' " Finn

JmG

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
yl...@pobox.com (Yeechang Lee) wrote:

>JmG <jmg...@bestweb.net> wrote:
>> The Republican party in NYS has been calling Mrs. Clinton a 'carpetbagger'
>> because she does not live in NYS and so should not run for Senate from here.
>> Buckley too, I presume...
>
>For what it's worth, Buckley lived in CT but worked in NY for years
>before his election.

Yes, I know. He was a neighbor of mine. But working in NYC (as a bazillion
people do) does not really qualify either.

>> Anyway, I'm sure Rudy has about as much knowledge of the state of
>> New York as Mrs. Clinton does.
>

>That's silly. The mayor knows NYC well, obviously. Even if Giuliani

And that's about the extent of his knowledge, NYC.

>doesn't know a *single thing* about upstate NY (something I find
>dubious, as even the most diehard NYCers--like me--know places like
>Niagara Falls, etc.), isn't that a considerable advantage to someone
>who has *never* lived in NYC, let alone the state, like Mrs. Clinton?

No. It's a moot issue, a straw man, an attempt to deflect from the fact that the
opposition to Mrs. Clinton has no issues... and we're not even into the primary
season yet!

>A non sequitur. The question of whether NYC cops should be NYC
>residents is irrelevant to the discussion of whether it's proper--not
>legal, but proper--for Mrs. Clinton to run for the Senate in NY.

Why? Ah, don't bother.... there'll be plenty of time for this soon enough.

>Yeechang "A tip for out-of-towners: no New Yorker would *ever* say
>'upperstate New York.' It's always 'upstate' New York" Lee

And refers to anything above da Bronx.

JmG

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
lalb...@aol.com (Lalbert1) wrote:

>>I've heard of "Upstate Manhattan" - heck, I've even been there. It's a
>>cluster

Hehehe. I think the folks in Washington Heights would get a kick out of that!

Look, New Yawk has three parts, da city, da Island and upstate. Den dere's da
rest of the country, you know, da left coast.

J (who's father said 'erl' and 'terlit')
--
cens...@china.com - [www.bongoboy.com]

Stephen Anthony

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
JmG (jmg...@bestweb.net) waxed poetically:

: Look, New Yawk has three parts, da city, da Island and upstate. Den dere's da

: rest of the country, you know, da left coast.

nonononono...

There's the City, the Island, the Catskills, the SouthernTier, the
CapitalDistrict, the 'Daks, the NorthernTier, CentralNY, and
WesternNY. At least that's what I remember from my years in NY (both
up&down state).

I remember a (probably apochraphal) story about a guy in Buffalo whose
friend flew into LaGuardia and called him up to ask for directions to
give to the taxi driver.

Steve
--
Stephen Anthony
NEBC Email Meister

Lalbert1

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
In article <379b4af1...@nntp.bestweb.net>, jmg...@bestweb.net (JmG)
writes:

>lalb...@aol.com (Lalbert1) wrote:
>
>>>I've heard of "Upstate Manhattan" - heck, I've even been there. It's a
>>>cluster
>
>Hehehe. I think the folks in Washington Heights would get a kick out of that!

I never said it, SJF did. As a New Yorker I would never make such a mistake.
Read the postings again, and see my response to her "Upstate Manhattan". You
got your ">" and your ">>>" mixed up.

Les

J. Michael Looney

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99

On 22-Jul-1999, sjf...@aol.commotion (Deborah) wrote:

> Best regards from Deborah "I've also heard joking references to 'Baja
> Manhattan' " Finn

My NYC geograph is a bit flaky at time. I though the "New York Islands"
more or less ran east - west.

This would make "Baja Manhattan" a bit tricky.

Mike "On the other hand I have heard 'Baja Oklahoma' used a lot" Looney

--
Silliness is the last refuge of the doomed P. Opus
Geek Code: GAT d-- s:- a39 UL+++ P++ L+++ E- W+++ N++ K++ w++ O- M- V--

Randy Poe

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
"J. Michael Looney" wrote:
> My NYC geograph is a bit flaky at time. I though the "New York Islands"
> more or less ran east - west.

Long Island, which contains Queens and Brooklyn, runs E/W.
Manhattan Island runs North/South.
Staten Island is just sort of a round blob, but nobody has
ever actually been verified as living there anyway.

- Randy

Randy Poe

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
Stephen Anthony wrote:
> There's the City, the Island, the Catskills, the SouthernTier, the
> CapitalDistrict, the 'Daks, the NorthernTier, CentralNY, and
> WesternNY. At least that's what I remember from my years in NY (both
> up&down state).

To those in the City, everything on your list past "the Island"
is known as "Upstate". Used to drive me crazy.

> I remember a (probably apochraphal) story about a guy in Buffalo whose
> friend flew into LaGuardia and called him up to ask for directions to
> give to the taxi driver.

Yep. And I remember the X-files episode that took place in
Buffalo, where all the cops had NYC accents. They must have
been from East Buffalo. Really, really, East Buffalo.

- Randy

mlo...@lobo.civetsystems.com

Jul 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/23/99
jmg...@bestweb.net (JmG) writes:

> No. It's a moot issue, a straw man, an attempt to deflect from the fact that the
> opposition to Mrs. Clinton has no issues... and we're not even into the primary
> season yet!

The *opposition* to Mrs. Clinton has no issues? Other than the fact
that their opponent is a serial felon with no experience in government
and legs like a grand piano?

La Clinton, by contrast, has health care...

M.

MC Hamster

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
>On 1999-07-22 jmgreenATbestweb.net said:
>
> >Then how do you explain the burn marks, holes and missile fragments?

No one has yet made the link between JFK Jr.'s demise and Nostradamus'
prediction of the end of the world, which was, I believe, supposed to happen
today.

Is everybody OK, by the way?

M C Hamster
"Big Wheel Keep on Turnin'" -- Creedence

David Lentz

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99

Can Mrs. Clinton be trusted as senator? She is lifelong Marxist,
pro Palestinian, an abusive spouse, can't remember how she lost
her billing records, and won't admit to hiring Craig
Livingstone. I say no.

David

JmG

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
mlo...@lobo.civetsystems.com wrote:

>jmg...@bestweb.net (JmG) writes:
>
>> No. It's a moot issue, a straw man, an attempt to deflect from the fact that the
>> opposition to Mrs. Clinton has no issues... and we're not even into the primary
>> season yet!
>
>The *opposition* to Mrs. Clinton has no issues? Other than the fact
>that their opponent is a serial felon with no experience in government
>and legs like a grand piano?

Yaaawwwwwwnnnnn.....

And, I used to mow Al D'Amato's lawn on a town salary along with every other
elected Town of Hempstead official who got their lawn mowed, or driveway plowed
while the common man had to do their own. If it's mud you'd like to sling around
for a while then you're part of the problem with the American political system.
However, if you'd like to talk about gov't expenditures, health care, highways,
noise pollution, money for teachers and education and other issues that MATTER
then we can most certainly play.

Today in NYS the opposition to Mrs. Clinton (who is not yet officially a
candidate) chafe at the bit of the shit trough they have created and have
already brought the campaign into the gutter. I'm not surprised - saddened, but
not surprised.

As an American citizen I reject completely personal attacks on people who run
for office and the mudslingers who are responsible for them.

Enough of this.

J. Michael Looney

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99

That would make Baja Manhattan possible then.

Not that I would go there....

Mike "I have never liked any of my trips to NYC" Looney

Anton Sherwood

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
BOB WARD <BOB...@EMAIL.COM> writes
: Who do you think has been running the country for the last few years?

Thanks to Billary's medical disaster, nobody!

And they say anarchy can't work.

--
Anton Sherwood *\\* +1 415 267 0685 *\\* http://www.jps.net/antons/

mlo...@lobo.civetsystems.com

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
jmg...@bestweb.net (JmG) writes:

> mlo...@lobo.civetsystems.com wrote:
>
> >The *opposition* to Mrs. Clinton has no issues? Other than the fact
> >that their opponent is a serial felon with no experience in government
> >and legs like a grand piano?

> As an American citizen I reject completely personal attacks on people who run

> for office and the mudslingers who are responsible for them.

Her lack of experience at government and her utter contempt for the
law are both perfectly legitimate issue for public debate. The legs
thing was a joke.

If she actually had any positions, we could discuss those, but she
doesn't, so I guess we can discuss her lack of positions.

M.

mlo...@lobo.civetsystems.com

Jul 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/24/99
RCW...@GTE.NET (BOB WARD) writes:

> When was she convicted of these "serial felon"ies?

So Al Capone never bootlegged liquor and Nicole Simpson is still
alive?

Courts of law are not supposed to establish truth; under the Clinton
regime, even rough justice is a forlorn hope.

M.

StarChaser <Anti spam feature in address.>

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:33:52 GMT, jmg...@bestweb.net (JmG) wrote:

>rob...@bestweb.net wrote:
>
>>Not the way I heard it. The Illuminati had to sacrifice him and a number of
>>other humans to gain energy for the procedure they're planning for Aug.
>>11-13 to open the Earth's 3rd eye. The method used was the Rapture, which
>>took place that night and took a large number of bodies, the vast majority
>>of whom were not celebrities. That'd mean that the body found today is an
>>impostor.
>

>Then how do you explain the burn marks, holes and missile fragments?

Weather balloons filled with swamp gas reflecting the light from
Venus...or from Elvis's jumpsuit, one...
--

Visit the Furry Artist InFURmation Page! Contact information,
and information on which artists do and do not want their

Address munged for the inconvienence of spammers:
My address is starchsr <at> icubed dot net

Dutch Courage

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
mlo...@lobo.civetsystems.com writes:

>RCW...@GTE.NET (BOB WARD) writes:
>
>> When was she convicted of these "serial felon"ies?
>
>So Al Capone never bootlegged liquor and Nicole Simpson is still
>alive?

Right, and certainly you've never been brought to justice for those dozen
bodies buried in your basement. The absence of proof is proof, the old
conspiracy nut premise.

>Courts of law are not supposed to establish truth;

Ehhhh...well, they are sup-hosed to.

> under the Clinton
>regime, even rough justice is a forlorn hope.

Right.

"Papa don't take no mess."

Max C. Webster III

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
sco...@UNSPAM.together.net

>mlo...@lobo.civetsystems.com writes...

>> If she actually had any positions, we could discuss those, but she
>> doesn't, so I guess we can discuss her lack of positions.
>

>Not completely true. Methinks you've forgotten the position that,
>presumably, she must have assumed at least once, given the existence of
>the heart-wrenchingly ugly child that crawled from her womb...

Now, Scott, it's not fair to make fun of poor Chelsea's looks. It's not her
fault Janet Reno is her real father.

<sorry to have snipped your "Trees" quote>

- Max -
Max said to them, "Come and have breakfast."
None of them ventured to question him, "Who are
you?" knowing that it was Max. -- Max 21:12

Rich Clancey

Jul 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/25/99
J. Michael Looney (j...@spellbooksoftware.com) wrote:
[snip]
+ That would make Baja Manhattan possible then.

+ Not that I would go there....

I thought Staten Island was Baja Manhattan.

JmG

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
r...@world.std.com (Rich Clancey) wrote:

> I thought Staten Island was Baja Manhattan.

Whoah there! Staten Island (Richmond County) is as far from Manhattan (New York
COunty) as Mars is from Venus. You'd never guess in a million years that the two
places were part of the same city.

Jeff
--
cens...@china.com - [www.bongoboy.com]

Bossman

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
Jonathan Wagner wrote:

> > Not completely true. Methinks you've forgotten the position that,
> > presumably, she must have assumed at least once, given the existence of
> > the heart-wrenchingly ugly child that crawled from her womb...
> >
> > --
> > Scott K. Stafford
> > <sco...@UNSPAM.together.net>
>
> You should hear yourself. Regardless of your political views, that seems
> like a pretty strange comment to make. By the way, are you suggesting we
> should elect politicians based on their looks?

Since one can run but not hide on the USENET, it is easy enough to see
from Scott's posting history that he is the genuine article...A
reliable, predictble sort of fellow.

He arrives with bb-gun, shoots out some street lights, leaves a bag of
burning shit on your doorstep and rings the doorbell or calls to ask 'is
your refrigerator running?'.

The good news: His type usually gets a dose of attention from a group
(as a contrarian) and moves on.

Michael

--

Please direct e-mail to both of the following addresses :

mitc...@image-link.com
mitc...@att.net

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

rob...@bestweb.net

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
On 1999-07-26 jmgreenATbestweb.net said:

>Whoah there! Staten Island (Richmond County) is as far from
>Manhattan (New York COunty) as Mars is from Venus. You'd never
>guess in a million years that the two places were part of the same
>city.

Reminds me of an educational TV program in the 1980s about how the entire
Colgate toothpaste TV commercial (The one with a jingle that went something
like, "The smile on your face is there because you know that your mouth
tastes great...." was shot in NYC, but made to look like it was from all
over the continent -- rural, urban, etc. This city is that big and diverse.
Many cities could be like that if they annexed enough of their suroundings!
Like the towns in New England that have expanded their borders to jointly
occupy their entire states.

Robert

Gilbert George Neal

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
rob...@bestweb.net wrote:

> On 1999-07-26 jmgreenATbestweb.net said:
>
> >Whoah there! Staten Island (Richmond County) is as far from
> >Manhattan (New York COunty) as Mars is from Venus. You'd never
> >guess in a million years that the two places were part of the same
> >city.

(snippage)

> Many cities could be like that if they annexed enough of their suroundings!
> Like the towns in New England that have expanded their borders to jointly
> occupy their entire states.

What do you mean?

http://www.mindspring.com/~emtjb/index.html

rob...@bestweb.net

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99
On 1999-07-26 g...@oup-usa.org said:

>> Many cities could be like that if they annexed enough of their
>>suroundings! Like the towns in New England that have expanded
>>their borders to jointly occupy their entire states.

>What do you mean?

Towns in New England have expanded so that in at least some of the N.E.
states, every point in the state is within exactly one town. Like the way
counties tile a state. So some of those states have eliminated all official
functions of counties.
A New England town typically consists of the village which it started as,
plus other villages and rural areas it has incorporated. Other nearby
states are close to (or, for all I know, in) this condition too: few (or no)
parts of the state are not in a township, which is erected around a town.
It's not unusual for cities to expand too. You didn't think New York
City started out with 5 boroughs (each of them an entire county), did you?

Gilbert George Neal

Jul 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/27/99

Is that why Pittsburg, Maine (or NH) is one of the largest towns in the
country? I always wondered about that....

Anton Sherwood

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
BOB WARD <BOB...@EMAIL.COM> writes
: Who do you think has been running the country for the last few years?

Thanks to Hillarycare, nobody! Ain't it grand?

Rich Clancey

Aug 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/1/99
Anton Sherwood (das...@netcom.com) wrote:
+ BOB WARD <BOB...@EMAIL.COM> writes
+ : Who do you think has been running the country for the last few years?

+ Thanks to Hillarycare, nobody! Ain't it grand?

It was Magazinercare which derailed the Clinton
Administration. Mrs. C. certainly deserves plenty of criticism, but
let's not forget Mr. Three-Ring-Binder hisself, Ira Magaziner.