Firefox New Window with history?

Greg Goss

Jan 31, 2006, 12:17:04 AM1/31/06
Firefox New Window with history?

I had this in a previous Firefox installation, but I don't remember
the name of the extension and now cannot find it. I have a decade of
experience with IE, and when I control-N to get a new window, or
right-click-new to get a new window or tab, I expect the new window to
know everything that the old one did.

I've found an extension to duplicate the history to a new tab, but it
sounds like it does this by adding a NEW function rather than by
"correcting" the behaviour of existing new window/tab commands.

Can any of the FF gurus here point me to the correct extension that
will change FF behaviour to clone history when opening in new window
or tab, and to change control-N so that it duplicates the current
window instead of opening a virgin window?
--
Tomorrow is today already.
Greg Goss, 1989-01-27

Tim Wright

Jan 31, 2006, 12:32:56 AM1/31/06

IANAFFG, but what I do is go to "View", "Sidebar", "History", and then
select the "view" button in the sidebar for the sort option of your
choice. This will persist into the next window. At least on V1.5.
--

Tim W

As happy as an idiot in Idiotland on Idiots Get In Free Day.

Greg Goss

Jan 31, 2006, 2:06:56 AM1/31/06
Tim Wright <tlwri...@verizon.net> wrote:

I'm not talking about a history WINDOW. I'm talking about the current
state of the window, including a history.

If I do control-N then alt-left, what happens. In IE, the new window
is a copy of my current one. In Firefox, I need to copy the URL,
control-N a new window, then paste the URL back into place. But there
is no history with this work-around. In a previous copy of FF, I had
a clone-window extension that re-worked the control-N and right-click
W or T.