B7 repeats on BBC2 from Feb 12

Julia Jones

Feb 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/3/00
Posted to the Lyst earlier today:

*********
From: "David A McIntee"
Subject: Blake's 7 on BBC2 from February 12th...

At 4:05pm. They're rerunning the complete series, though we can look
forward to frequent postponements for whatever sport they still have the
rights to.

Just thought you'd all like to know!
********

Yes, David McIntee as in writes Dr Who novels.
--
Julia Jones
Redemption 01 - The Blakes 7/Babylon 5 convention

ads...@hotmail.com

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
<avon)
Well now...
</avon>

This really seems to be enthralling the UK contingent of the NG, doesn't
it?! Let me for one say 'YAY!' anyway.

Have you seen how much flack B7 is getting on radw?

Seeing as the repeats are on at the weekend, I'll have to try and find
my B7 drinking game. Is it in a back issue of Horizon, or did I dream
it in an andrenalin & soma haze?

A./

In article <S1$nGfAEY...@jajones.demon.co.uk>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Ian Lay

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00

<ads...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:87p6p4$g44$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> <avon)
> Well now...
> </avon>
>
> This really seems to be enthralling the UK contingent of the NG, doesn't
> it?! Let me for one say 'YAY!' anyway.
>
> Have you seen how much flack B7 is getting on radw?
>
> Seeing as the repeats are on at the weekend, I'll have to try and find
> my B7 drinking game. Is it in a back issue of Horizon, or did I dream
> it in an andrenalin & soma haze?

Zipadee do dah zipadee day.. my oh my what a wonderful day....

Okey I've got the lot on Video and I have UK Gold but this is great news. I
reckon it will pull in a fair few viewers.

I would think that that makes a tv movie more likely to be next year now...
once they've shown the four series (all 52 episodes) but I may be wrong.

I'm surprised they didn't put it on one of the 6pm midewek slots like Star
Trek... they would have got more viewers.

--
Take care,

Taz

////
8-)
\\\\
Watford Internet Football Club
www.display.co.uk/watford/wifc
Pacific Cricket Club
www.pacific-cc.demon.co.uk

Julia Jones

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
In article <87p6p4$g44$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, ads...@hotmail.com writes

>Have you seen how much flack B7 is getting on radw?

Don't subscribe to that. Maybe I should.

>Seeing as the repeats are on at the weekend, I'll have to try and find
>my B7 drinking game. Is it in a back issue of Horizon, or did I dream
>it in an andrenalin & soma haze?

You'll find it on Sue Clerc's page, which was at
http://members.xoom.com/sjcinct/blakes7.html
the last time I looked. It may have moved again, but she usually leaves
a pointer up for a couple of months.

Julia Jones

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
In article <950028892.3230.0...@news.demon.co.uk>, Ian Lay
<i...@pacific-cc.demon.co.uk> writes

>I'm surprised they didn't put it on one of the 6pm midewek slots like Star
>Trek... they would have got more viewers.

It's probably to do with the recent deal the BBC did with Equity, which
cut the repeat fees that have to be paid to the actors and production
crew for repeats on terrestrial channels (the fees are much, much lower
for satellite and cable). This made it affordable, but it only applied
to off-peak slots. The BBC2 weeknight SF slots might not have been
included in the deal.

At least we've *got* terrestrial repeats. Broadcast quality is so much
better than VHS, and round my way it's a lot better than cable as well.

We are all going to write to the Radio Times to express our
appreciation, aren't we?

Philbo

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00

Julia Jones wrote in message ...

>At least we've *got* terrestrial repeats. Broadcast quality is so much
>better than VHS, and round my way it's a lot better than cable as well.
>
>We are all going to write to the Radio Times to express our
>appreciation, aren't we?

No!
I've just spent the best part of £300 collecting a series on video that was
never ever repeated - even during its heyday. In those
pre-video-for-the-masses days if you missed an episode of Blakes 7 that was
it.

Why has it taken so long to repeat the show?

Has their been one of those situations seen with the Professionals where
Martin Shaw refused to allow repeats even though the public and Lewis
Collins wanted them?

Philbo

Julia Jones

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
In article <Q8S3UYAJ...@jajones.demon.co.uk>, Julia Jones
<jajone...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes

>In article <87p6p4$g44$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, ads...@hotmail.com writes
>>Have you seen how much flack B7 is getting on radw?
>
>Don't subscribe to that. Maybe I should.

I downloaded a week's worth and settled in for some fast-forward
lurking. Oh my!

Pamela Boxall

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
Ian Lay <i...@pacific-cc.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm surprised they didn't put it on one of the 6pm midewek slots like Star
> Trek... they would have got more viewers.

I'm a huge fan of sci-fi in the middle of a Saturday afternoon - it's
how I finally caught up on Space 1999. Since I don't get home from work
until 6.30 in the evenings I always miss Star Trek et al.

Brilliant news - I reckon the Beeb were just holding out until I turned
40 (last Saturday) before they re-ran it!

Pamela

Serpiente

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00

Pamela Boxall <pa...@dircon.co.uk> wrote in message

I too think Saturday afternoon is a great time for Blakes7. It's a great
alternative to Granstand or some crappy Black and white film on Channel4.

It's about time the beeb got something right.

Serpiente

Prof

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
In article <87pvts$p0u$1...@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk>, Philbo
<PHI...@chater.safc.co.uk> writes

======

> collecting a series on video that was
>never ever repeated - even during its heyday. In those
>pre-video-for-the-masses days if you missed an episode of Blakes 7 that was
>it.
>
>Why has it taken so long to repeat the show?

I think you've answered your own question there :-)

I've got all the tapes too (from the days when Horizon first started
doing them 'cheap' LOL) but there's nothing like the real think - i.e.
broadcast on proper telly.

Oh happy happy joy joy

Prof.

Phill Harvey-Smith

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
In article <87vdgg$jpt8$1...@fu-berlin.de>,

Yeah, but unfortunatly they are running it oposite Daria (on C5), good
job my mom had a video too, and also likes B7 :)

>It's about time the beeb got something right.

Yeah !

Phill. (posting for the first time on a.f.B7).

ads...@hotmail.com

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00

> <jajone...@nospam.demon.co.uk> writes
> >In article <87p6p4$g44$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, ads...@hotmail.com writes
> >>Have you seen how much flack B7 is getting on radw?
> >
> >Don't subscribe to that. Maybe I should.
>
> I downloaded a week's worth and settled in for some fast-forward
> lurking. Oh my!
> --

Thanks for the URL! I expect my household to have descended into a
state of 'advanced refreshment' by around 5pm next Saturday.

Re. radw - it's bizarre, don't you think, that a show like B7 which is
so redolent of DW in terms of its production values, props, music etc.
(Dudley Simpson take a bow, you god, you) and which can so easily be
accommodated into the DW universe should be slammed so hard by DW fans.
I can't figure it out; I for one am enamoured with both shows for
similar reasons - although I guess B7 was my first love...

Anyway - we sat on the sofa on Saturday in a state of complete euphoria
(no, it wasn't just the medication) just to see those opening credits
rolling in 'real time', as it were. This may have had something to do
with the fact that we haven't had a working video for the last two
months, though!

A./