Blade Runner Panel at Comicon 2007

wwhamer

Jul 28, 2007, 1:31:12 AM7/28/07
Just got back from Comicon In San Diego. Great Panel on Blade Runner The
Final Cut. Ridley Scott, Joanna Cassidy, Sean young, Syd Mead, Joe
Turkel, James Hong, were among the panelists. Great presentation. Sean
and joanna both were radiant and had seemingly had escaped the ravages
of time. The DVD sets will be released in December with the 5 DVD set
,Deckart's Briefcase, being the penultimate version. Apparently the
included Spinner in the Briefcase is much more detailed with openable
doors. There will also be a two DVD set combining the New BR Final Cut
with a Making of BR 3+ hour disc with extras . 45 minutes of deleted
Scenes! As I recall the Making of disc is to be titled Dangerous Days.
The new BR Poster shows the addition of J F Sebastion , Pris, Tyrell,
Batty, and Zhora. Eldon Tyrel recounted his "Kissing" Scene with Rutger
Hauer. He said that for some reason he kissed Rutger with an open mouth
and some tongue resulting in his being ribbed about that for a week or
so. Scott hinted that he wanted to revisit science fiction as well as do
an epic western movie. He said that a sequel of BR was not out of the
question given the ending of the original BR. Hearing that, Sean Young
humorously chimed in that it would of course include her in such a BR
sequel. Scott repeated his belief that Deckart is a replicant. Great
fun for a diehard BR fan. Took a bunch of pictures. Can't wait for the
Deckart's Briefcase!
If anyone would like a JPG of the panel participants just send me an
e-mail Shurts @ Verizon . Net

Eagle 1

Jul 28, 2007, 2:47:45 AM7/28/07
That's great that you got to be there in person for that event !

The only panel I have ever had the priviledge of being at was in 2001, with
the TV stars: Batman, Cat Woman, & The Riddler..

Gues you'll get a shot at seeing the theatrical re-releaase in October, as
it's slated for NY & LA (only ?) so far..

"wwhamer" <w3sh...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Father Viv

Jul 28, 2007, 10:33:01 AM7/28/07
wwhamer wrote:
> Scott repeated his belief that Deckart is absolutely not a
> replicant.

Uh-huh.

> Took a bunch of pictures.

I'm sure we can find a way to host them, if you'd like to share them? It
would be appreciated.

> If anyone would like a JPG of the panel participants just send me an
> e-mail Shurts @ Verizon . Net

I'll do that too.

--
Father Viv

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips
over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
- Matt Groening, "Life in Hell"

Lukas Mariman

Jul 28, 2007, 10:43:09 AM7/28/07
Father Viv wrote:
> wwhamer wrote:
>> Scott repeated his belief that Deckart is absolutely not a
>> replicant.
>
> Uh-huh.

You falsified wwhamer's post, samn you!

Once again, the evil deckahumanicons are at it! They must be stopped - no
matter the cost!

>> Took a bunch of pictures.
>
> I'm sure we can find a way to host them, if you'd like to share them?
> It would be appreciated.

I heard someone posted pics of dancing bears and neon signs, being
choreographed by Paul Sammon, but DAH's deleted the originals! This is an
outrage!