New Barry Blog Post

1 view

Dunbar

Aug 9, 2010, 3:08:46 PM8/9/10
Barry Manilow offers Once-In-A-Lifetime opportunity for Music Students
BARRY MANILOW INVITES LOCAL MUSIC STUDENTS
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SYMPHONY SHOW
WITH THE NEW YORK POPS IN ATLANTIC CITY!

MANILOW GIVES BACK FOR ATLANTIC CITY BOARDWALK HALL PERFORMANCE
ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 14

Atlantic City, NJ (August 9, 2010) –Dozens of local music students
from the Atlantic City Unified School District will be attending the
rehearsal for Barry Manilow’s Saturday night show as part of his
ongoing commitment to preserving music education. This behind the
scenes glimpse of a professional musician crafting a live show is
something Manilow and The Manilow Music Project (MMP) have generously
offered these students throughout the school district. MMP was formed
music programs, and works towards highlighting these programs.
Additionally, MMP adds these programs in the form of donations of
instruments and materials to further music education around the
country.

Manilow will be performing with the country’s largest pops orchestra,
The New York Pops, at Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall on Saturday, August
14th for his only east coast appearance this year. Backed by The New
York Pops 60-piece orchestra along with a band and vocalists, “Caesars
Atlantic City Presents Barry Manilow with the New York Pops” will
showcase the icon’s many hits in addition to songs featured on his new
album, “The Greatest Love Songs of All Time.” Opening for Manilow is
talk show staple Comedian Gordie Brown and showtime is 8:00 pm.

“Music has shaped my life and to give these kids a window into what
professional musicians experience is a genuine gift,” says Manilow.

Atlantic City's high school music programs will benefit from Manilow’s
show by sharing in the proceeds of the special Platinum Experience
Tickets. Proceeds from Platinum Experience Tickets go directly to the
Manilow Music Project. The Manilow Music Project is part of Manilow’s
non-profit, The Manilow Fund for Health and Hope and will put
instruments into the hands of middle school and high school students
in the Atlantic City Unified School District.

Manilow recently began his most celebrated run at the Paris Théâtre at
Paris Las Vegas, where he’ll perform more than 78 shows each year for
two years. The shows are produced by STILETTO Entertainment in
conjunction with AEG Live and Paris Las Vegas. All those who attend
the concert at Boardwalk Hall will have the opportunity to win a trip
to Paris Las Vegas to see Manilow’s new show.

Tickets for “Caesars Atlantic City Presents Barry Manilow with the New
York Pops” are available via Ticketmaster.com, Charge by phone
800.745.3000, and at Boardwalk Hall box office.

For more information visit www.manilow.com or www.aeglive.com

Read more:
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=51357011&blogID=538054742&TemplateId=25&utm_source=ORM&utm_medium=notification&utm_term=bloglink&utm_campaign=25_NewBlog&emailId=5444261151219558526#ixzz0w8ZzotV3

marvin

Aug 9, 2010, 3:36:21 PM8/9/10
This is very impressive and a good opportunity for the music students
to learn about putting a professional show together.
Congratulations to Barry and the NY Pops Orchestra for making
themselves avaliable to these students that are the future of the
music business. Marvin

Dunbar

Aug 9, 2010, 3:41:38 PM8/9/10

Absolutely, they're very lucky!

Choo Choo

Aug 9, 2010, 4:00:54 PM8/9/10
> Manilow will be performing with the country’s largest pops orchestra,
> The New York Pops, at Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall on Saturday, August
> 14th for his only east coast appearance this year.

I guess this means that there will be other shows added. ;)

Sorry, Garry. Too much history.

Brenda

Aug 9, 2010, 8:19:51 PM8/9/10
On Aug 9, 3:08 pm, Dunbar <nsand...@cox.net> wrote:
 Opening for Manilow is
> talk show staple Comedian Gordie Brown and showtime is 8:00 pm.
>
> “Music has shaped my life and to give these kids a window into what
> professional musicians experience is a genuine gift,” says Manilow.
>
> Atlantic City's high school music programs will benefit from Manilow’s
> show by sharing in the proceeds of the special Platinum Experience
> Tickets. Proceeds from Platinum Experience Tickets go directly to the
> Manilow Music Project.  The Manilow Music Project is part of Manilow’s
> non-profit, The Manilow Fund for Health and Hope and will put
> instruments into the hands of middle school and high school students
> in the Atlantic City Unified School District.

You know ... now I wish I were going to this show.

I keep hearing about the orchestra and thinking, "That's going to be
so cool!" And then Barry does these nice things for the kids and I
think, "Oh, that is so nice! I sorta like him! Sure wouldn't mind
hearing him sing."

Oh well!

I hope everyone who gets to go to his show will give the rest of a
full report!

Brenda

Dawn

Aug 9, 2010, 8:45:49 PM8/9/10

I know what you mean. LOL. School starts for the kids tomorrow, I
went back last week, so there would be no way I could go to something
like that.

Dawn

wac...@aol.com

Aug 10, 2010, 10:03:45 PM8/10/10

Yeah, I remember that one well, but if there are other shows added and
those platinums benefit those districts then that's a good thing:)
Susan