Charlie's Service Info

Mychael Wordsmythe

Feb 11, 2003, 7:16:30 PM2/11/03
This was sent to me today by Doeri Welsh-Greiner of Sheer Pandamonium.
My heart is so very heavy at this news. Charlie was a man who's
kindness and generosity was exceeded only by his talent. His gentle
voice and guitar will be missed. Now when I hear thunder I will no
longer think it's the angels bowling, I'll think, "Charlies snoring
again."

Mychael

To help with Charlie's final arrangements (his desire was to be
cremated and his ashes spread at various places) please send check to:
Michael Groomes (aka Kender)
15421 Smoke Tree Street
Hesperia, CA 92345
or call him at (760)912-6200

(make checks payable to him as Jean doesn't have a bank account)

There will be a memorial get together on February 23 at 12 noon at the
Crossroads Corona Fair Site. It's a pot luck - please bring food and
drink to share. Bring instruments. Please also bring memories and
copies of pictures to give to Jean and share with others.

For information on how you can help with that or directions call
Michael Groomes at (760)912-6200

THANKS for all the support everyone has been showing. I spoke with
Jean today about how things are going and she is overwhelmed with the
outpouring.
doeri

Tyma the Jester

Feb 12, 2003, 11:30:45 AM2/12/03
So I haven't posted here in... wow, well over a year, and I really had
no intentions of doing so again - no offense intended.

However, the loss of Charlie MacGowan - while certainly not a suprise
- is a huge loss to not only the renfaire circuit but to music and
humanity in general. Charlie was a good man.

For quite a few years - specifically around the first three years of
the Corona faire - I remember many, many faires out here in California
where it seemed like Clan MacGowan was located right next to my first
faire gig - I was a jester doing comedy relief for a really cheesy
magic show. I remember he would share the stage we brought - it would
be our magic show, then Charlie, then us, then him, then another
random act, then us, then him, and so on and so forth until the end of
the day. He'd sit in the audience during our show and heckle us, we'd
sit in the audience during his show and sing along.

Heh, I remember one of the first time I brought my son out to faire in
his wee kilt. He pretty much attached himself to Charlie's group, and
came running over to me one afternoon all proud, because Charlie had
taken one of his favors off his chest and pinned it on my son.

I think it's time for a good listen to his CD, and a Guinness in his
honor.

Charlie, you will be missed, my friend.

Tyma the Jester
Cocoacololo of Sarcastica, the Red Tinned Knight
Rogue #292, Bard #012

Mychael Wordsmythe

Feb 12, 2003, 12:35:11 PM2/12/03
myki...@yahoo.com (Mychael Wordsmythe) wrote in message news:<d27489da.03021...@posting.google.com>...
This is the latest from Kender:
Hello everyone, Mikey/Kender here, with info about the wake for
Charley. As all of you would agree, Charley wouldn't want a bunch of
sad people sitting around crying in their Glenfiddich, after all, that
would ruin the whiskey, right? So, we are putting on a wake, at
crossroads in Corona. (fitting huh?) First off, let me say once again
that Jean is OVERWHELMED by the outpouring of support she has received,
and she sends heartfelt thanks to all. Now, the details: Sunday,
February 23rd, noonish, (this is keeping in sync with Charley-time, I
mean, really, can any of you honestly say the man was punctual?:)) This
is a potluck thing, so bring your favorite food to share if you can,
and don't forget something to toast with, and no, I am not talking
about sticks for marshmallows. I for one am going in garb, as that
seems fitting, and anyone that wants to join me is more than welcome.
If you need directions to crossroads, click here:

http://www.renaissanceinfo.com/Park/maps.htm

If anyone would like to contribute to Charleys final arrangments,
please feel free to mail me a check, as Jean doesn't have a bank
account at the moment. The address is:
Michael Groomes (aka Kender)
15421 Smoke Tree St.
Hesperia CA. 92345
Or feel free to call me about anything at: (760)-912-6200 (cell) or
(760)-956-5553 (home)

I want to personally thank everyone for their calls and emails, Charley
will be missed by so many. Two more things, one, I want to get any
video that anyone may have of Charley, to edit into one piece and put
on DVD for anyone that would like to have one. All videos will be
returned to their owners. Second, if anyone out there knows how to get
ahold of Lucie Redfern, AKA Grandma Lucie, Please either call me or
have her call me. And please forward this along to anyone you know
that may want to know about this, of course, that means that alot of
you will be receiving this many times over, maybe even to the point of
mild aggravation, but then, that is something else that would make that
mischievious old bard snicker into his beard, wouldn't it?

Later all, Mikey/Kender

Mychael Wordsmythe

Feb 12, 2003, 9:19:48 PM2/12/03
spam_ty...@yahoo.com (Tyma the Jester) wrote in message news:<3bb36b3.03021...@posting.google.com>...

> So I haven't posted here in... wow, well over a year, and I really had
> no intentions of doing so again - no offense intended.
>
> Charlie, you will be missed, my friend.
>
> Tyma the Jester
> Cocoacololo of Sarcastica, the Red Tinned Knight
> Rogue #292, Bard #012

and you have been missed my brother. Your humor and your wit have been
sorely lacking. Drop me a line or give me a call sometime. I hope you
and your boy are both well. Talk to you soon.
Ohhhh you know who it is, it says at the top.