words

Vardhan Walavalkar

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
What comes between 'liking' and 'fetish' in increasinig order of desire?

thanks
Vardhan.

Stephen Wilson

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
Vardhan Walavalkar wrote:

> What comes between 'liking' and 'fetish' in increasinig order of desire?

I think obsession comes too close to fetish to be very useful. Spanish
has "aficion" which we use in the form "aficionado." I think this
carries the sense of a liking beyond reason. Perhaps "crazy" as in "He's
crazy about her."

Steve

JUST AN H

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
>What comes between 'liking' and 'fetish' in increasinig order of desire?

I guess that would depend on the person you're talking about, VARDHAN. -grin-

Serenleono

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
var...@bu.edu ( Vardhan Walavalkar) scripsit:

>What comes between 'liking' and 'fetish' in increasinig order of desire?

The truly sexotropic would let nothing come between his "liking" and
his "fetish". If the setting involves amomaxia, however, the answer
might be "the steering wheel". :-)

Seren

Vardhan Walavalkar

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
Serenleono (ve...@mindspring.com) wrote:
: var...@bu.edu ( Vardhan Walavalkar) scripsit:
Thats interesting. Unfortunately (for me) it leaves me, the
*whats the word for that?* person, nearly where he began, and no,
the steering wheel is not gonna take me anywhere, except perhaps
keep me looping around in strange circles.

Vardhan.

:
: Seren

Tabbie

Jul 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/18/98
Maybe 'adore' or even 'love'

Vardhan Walavalkar wrote in message <6ollrn$2am$2...@news1.bu.edu>...

>What comes between 'liking' and 'fetish' in increasinig order of desire?
>

>thanks
>Vardhan.

Serenleono

Jul 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/18/98
var...@bu.edu (Vardhan Walavalkar) scripsit:

>Thats interesting. Unfortunately (for me) it leaves me, the

>*whats the word for that?* person, nearly where he began.

I apologise. You were asking a serious question, and I merely seized
the opportunity to demonstrate my feeble wit.

The truth is, I don't know the answer you're searching for. If I find
it, though, I'll be sure to contribute it to the group or send it by
e-mail.

BTW sexotropic means "constantly thinking about sex" and amomaxia is
"lovemaking in a parked car", as in the movie TITANIC.

Seren

janelaw

Jul 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/20/98
Vardhan Walavalkar wrote:

> What comes between 'liking' and 'fetish' in increasinig order of desire?
>
> thanks
> Vardhan.
>
> --

Lust, infatuation, preoccupation, fixation, compulsion,
obsession, mania. You might put them in a different order.

Vardhan Walavalkar

Jul 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/21/98
Thanks Jane.

I would reorder them as follows:

liking, preoccupation, infatuation : group 1
fixation, compulsion, obsession, lust : group 2
fetish, mania : group 3