Home indoor electricity monitor/meter?

mik...@freewwweb.com

May 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/14/99
Is there an indoor electricity meter or monitor for home use?
Something simple that might plug into an outlet or even your PC and lets
you monitor your electricity usage just like the one outside of the
house?

Mike

Robert2011

May 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/14/99
Try Bryant Industries 503-362-0172.

He sell a small metal housed unit that plugs into any outlet. It has a voltage
meter and a frequency meter, both analog.

It used to go for $80.

George Estep

May 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/15/99
Hi Mike,

I bought a Brand power meter and love it!

You can read about them at:

http://www.brandelectronics.com/

There is also a review in homepower magazine. I think there is a link to it
from the Brand site.

Regards,

George Estep

Wilhelm Heyne

May 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/16/99
In Germany, indoor el. meters are used almost solely. They are standard
commercial items. One of the makers is Lahmeyer AG at Bad Homburg, another
one is Siemens AG. You will find Siemens everywhere in the US. The meters
are not very expensive (over here) without certificate of accuracy they are
somewhere around US$ 50,- to 80,-. We can't ship a European model (used,
recycled item from utility) as we have 3 phase 230 V AC each at 50 cycles as
you have ? phase 120 VAC each at 60 cycles. Best would be to ask your
nearest Siemens station.
Wil

mik...@freewwweb.com schrieb in Nachricht <7hg73q$dlf$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

Edward C. Boganski

May 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/18/99
Try Realgoods.com and look for a watt-up meter. Simple little thing
that measures watts , watt/hours, and even tells you how much it costs
if you program in you power costs. ( around $99US) I used it to get my
loads straight before setting up solar.

Later
Bogy

bogy.vcf