Who is this Brian Humphrey Guy?????

TOWaterBoy

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98

Hey Brian: I just wanted to take a moment...yeah it's Christmas and say a word
of thanks...i just started reading these things and your input has been
valuable to people all around the world...literally!!

Soooo...thanks Brian for the part you've been playing...

and thanks to all of you who are regular contributors to this stuff...it is
helpful...(at least sometimes... ;) ...

cheers
gary

Brian Humphrey

Dec 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/10/98
TOWaterBoy wrote...

>Hey Brian: I just wanted to take a moment...yeah it's Christmas and say a
word
>of thanks...i just started reading these things and your input has been
>valuable to people all around the world...literally!!

OK, there is a secret. Who is Brian Humphrey? Since 1886, the LAFD has
*always* named their spokesperson "Brian Humphrey". He doesn't really exist.
"He" is actually a group of 30 or more highly dedicated employees. Yes,
simply a figment of the The FD Admin's imagination.

Oh, it isn't April 1? <grin>

Oops! In that case, Gary (and all).. Happy Holidays!

Yes, I do exist in the flesh: http://www.lafd.org/gif/brianof1.gif

...and thanks for your kind words. To those of you who are not aware, the
door to my office (at the LAFD 9-1-1 center) is always open. Dispatchers are
always welcome... and lunch is on me!

Stay Safe!

Brian Humphrey
Firefighter-Paramedic / PIO / EMD / Webmaster / etc. etc.
Los Angeles Fire Department