Elvis Movies

Broadway

Jan 10, 2004, 11:38:19 AM1/10/04
On another thread, Jim asks Marty a few questions about 'Kid Galahad' and as
some of you know I just found a cheap copy on VHS the other night, so it's
fresh on my mind.
I haven't seen many of these movies since adolescence and they were a treat
when they'd come on TV because many times, I already knew all the songs from
the soundtracks or the Camden albums, so it was great to see finally see the
movie itself.
I can't say I get the same thrill out of them now, in fact, there are a few
that are just unwatchable.
Kid Galahad is about an hour and a half?
It felt like four hours.
To see Elvis act in most of the films makes me uncomfortable. He was just sort
of lousy beyond the musical segments. His timing and readings are so on their
own planet and even worse, he always looks like he doesn't want to be there.
Bronson and Young deserved Oscars for just doing that film.
I know the films were light fare, but....
Well, maybe it's just me, but musicals suck in general. People breaking out in
song with unseen orchestras is just too hokey to watch.
I saw the gorgeous 'West Side Story' last week, Best Picture 1961, easy on the
eyes, but dumb as hell, particularly when it came to the ridiculous
relationship. I was hoping both of them would get knifed.
At least if you see it on stage, it's fairly interesting and loud enough to
keep you awake, but on TV? Yikes.
Back to Elvis, oddly enough, I find his acting much better in what people
consider his worst stuff, 'Change of Habit', 'Trouble With Girls', 'Live A
Litttle..', 'Charro'.
It's like he was either more interested, more relaxed or just finally got the
hang of acting, but the later sixties showed a much better Elvis all around.
What do you think?

Richard

Jan 10, 2004, 12:37:53 PM1/10/04
On 10 Jan 2004 16:38:19 GMT, broadwa...@aol.comisGroovy (Broadway)
wrote:

>On another thread, Jim asks Marty a few questions about 'Kid Galahad' and as
>some of you know I just found a cheap copy on VHS the other night, so it's
>fresh on my mind.

I bet it's ten years since I watched an Elvis film. I know that I saw
about fifteen minutes of Harem Holiday last year, but that's about it.
I bought all the films on VHS whenever I saw them cheap in the sales,
but never watched them. They might all be wrongly copied Disney
cartoons for all I know.

>I haven't seen many of these movies since adolescence and they were a treat
>when they'd come on TV because many times, I already knew all the songs from
>the soundtracks or the Camden albums, so it was great to see finally see the
>movie itself.

An enterprising TV company ought to try and get the rights to just the
musical numbers, and make a few half hour shows based around them.
Watching an Elvis film these days is a bit like watching porn. You
should always fast forward through the acting.

>I can't say I get the same thrill out of them now, in fact, there are a few
>that are just unwatchable.
>Kid Galahad is about an hour and a half?
>It felt like four hours.
>To see Elvis act in most of the films makes me uncomfortable. He was just sort
>of lousy beyond the musical segments. His timing and readings are so on their
>own planet and even worse, he always looks like he doesn't want to be there.
>Bronson and Young deserved Oscars for just doing that film.
>I know the films were light fare, but....

I said as much about Wild In The Country a few weeks ago, and a few
people thought he was great in it. But he wasn't. He stank.

I know he always said he wanted to be a better actor, but I never saw
any evidence that he could have been great. I thought he was good in
Follow That Dream and Change Of Habit, but "good" as in "watchable".
He was no Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino, or Robert DeNiro. He wasn't even
a Clint Howard.

>Well, maybe it's just me, but musicals suck in general. People breaking out in
>song with unseen orchestras is just too hokey to watch.
>I saw the gorgeous 'West Side Story' last week, Best Picture 1961, easy on the
>eyes, but dumb as hell, particularly when it came to the ridiculous
>relationship. I was hoping both of them would get knifed.
>At least if you see it on stage, it's fairly interesting and loud enough to
>keep you awake, but on TV? Yikes.

I don't know about that. I think that up to about the 1950s musicals
generally work, because I can suspend my disbelief and say to myself
that "well, it's the 30s or whatever, and that's how they did things
back then". But once it got past then I don't know what happened
exactly, but they just look crap. A Hard Days Night being an
exception, but for me the epitome of the bad musical is the Rocky
Horror Show. So many people rave about that and I think it's a tragic
waste of celluloid.

>Back to Elvis, oddly enough, I find his acting much better in what people
>consider his worst stuff, 'Change of Habit', 'Trouble With Girls', 'Live A
>Litttle..', 'Charro'.
>It's like he was either more interested, more relaxed or just finally got the
>hang of acting, but the later sixties showed a much better Elvis all around.
>What do you think?

Maybe he just stopped trying. That's my theory. Up to then he tried
too hard, and it shows. By the end of the sixties I think he knew his
movie career was going nowhere and so he figured 'what the hell', and
took the money and ran. In the process he became more natural.

Richard

NaVyGoAt

Jan 10, 2004, 1:34:22 PM1/10/04
Hey Broadway its funny I was just thinking about the Elvis movie thing, my
17 year old daughter loves all of his movies and always makes it a point to
watch them, but other than that she does not care for Elvis as a musician,
I guess I am getting of the subject but I like his real early movies and his
real late ones, its as if he was having fun in the first few (LMT, KC, JHR
and LY) and in the last ones his hair was longer and he knew he was about
done with that side of his career.

Mike - NaVyGoAt

"Broadway" <broadwa...@aol.comisGroovy> wrote in message

Jan 11, 2004, 1:26:59 AM1/11/04
I have always said that i thought that Elvis was an average actor at best
when i keep hearing people say he could have been a great actor. I think he
did a lot better in the light musicals like "Gi Blues", "Fun In Acapulco",
"Viva Las Vegas" and those type films. But when it came to the serious stuff
he is so- so. In the late 60's he did seem to relax and look more
comfortable and it shows in "Change Of Habit", "Live A Little, Love A
Little", "The Trouble With Girls". Another thing i liked about the last few
movies was that his sideburns returned, he actually got in bed with a woman,
and he was even smoking those thin cigars he liked. Stuff which he was not
allowed to do in his other movies. And to top it off Change Of Habit was
actually topical unlike most of his films.

.H.

NaVyGoAt <navygo...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

HCVEGAS

Jan 11, 2004, 5:48:56 AM1/11/04

> An enterprising TV company ought to try and get the rights to just the
> musical numbers, and make a few half hour shows based around them.
> Watching an Elvis film these days is a bit like watching porn. You
> should always fast forward through the acting.

Exactly my wish for years. You see...to me... no matter how good Elvis
could have been as an actor, I don't care. He would always be Elvis the
great singer to me. I could never see him as a character other than Elvis.
Give me the tunes.

Broadway

Jan 11, 2004, 11:35:39 AM1/11/04
>I don't know about that. I think that up to about the 1950s musicals
>generally work, because I can suspend my disbelief and say to myself
>that "well, it's the 30s or whatever, and that's how they did things
>back then". But once it got past then I don't know what happened
>exactly, but they just look crap. A Hard Days Night being an
>exception, but for me the epitome of the bad musical is the Rocky
>Horror Show. So many people rave about that and I think it's a tragic
>waste of celluloid.

Ugh.
There are few fates worse than finding yourself at one of those midnight
retardfests that involve anything 'Rocky Horror.'
There's just something about 'early' musicals that makes it easy to suspend
disbelief. Maybe it's the ease of knowing this was long ago, before me, that
make them workable.
Or maybe, those guys just knew how to make a musical.
Not being much of a musical fan, I very much didn't want to bother with 'Moulin
Rouge' or even 'Chicago', sure that musicals could no longer be done, but both
were surprisingly good (my darling liked Chicago more than I did).
I guess they have to be done right.

Mphsrick43

Jan 14, 2004, 12:56:25 AM1/14/04
as a motorsports fan i lean toward the 4 movies with motorsports involved.
just seeing the old shots of ascot speedway in spinout was interesting, of
course the premise that a street car is able to run with the finely tuned race
cars is a little much or the fact that a crew chief can not find a broken
wire.. then there is a chance to see some of the earliest videos of nascar in
speedway. it is fun trying to pick out some of the ledgends of the sport in the
race shots. the race scenes in viva las vegas were decent, with shots of the
surrounding territory. i guess the one i can relate to most has to be clambake
based on it's relationship to my racing. elvis's insistance that the boat be
painted red,numbered 99 and named the rawhide was his way of saluting a racer
in his hometown of memphis. memphis racing legend hooker hood always ran a red
number 99 and his dog was named rawhide. of course it doesn't hurt that in the
final scene when he showed his drivers license to shelley fabare to prove who
he was, that the date of birth on the drivers license was my birthday(except
for the year). of course my father did on several nights work over night
keeping the local fairgrounds open just so elvis and his friends could enjoy
the park. maybe elvis chose to thank him by using his sons birthdate in the
movie ha ha ha well i can dream can't i.

Richard Palmer

Jan 14, 2004, 4:33:26 AM1/14/04

you can dream but you can't punctuate properly. this is a nightmare to
read.

richard

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 14, 2004, 4:39:08 AM1/14/04
>From: Richard Palmer

>you can dream but you can't punctuate properly. this is a nightmare to
>read.
>richard

From a guy who said he can't tell the difference between one car and the
next...
you put down the punctuations? You are so sensitive and understanding. NOT! : )
~AL~

Richard Palmer

Jan 14, 2004, 6:29:09 AM1/14/04
On 14 Jan 2004 09:39:08 GMT, coolroc...@aol.com (Coolrockndaddy)
wrote:

That's right, I can't tell a Ford from a Volvo. My life is a nightmare
because of it. Every job I go for, every woman I ever asked out, all
fell through because I didn't know about cars. My kids hate me, the
world at large thinks I'm stupid.

But punctuation, and not knowing when to use a capital letter? Who
cares about shit like that!

I'm glad you have no problem reading a block of badly set out text.
Me, I just pass it by, having better things to do with my life than
deciphering the ramblings of a moron. I'm sure the original poster
doesn't mind, after all it's not like he wanted anybody to read it, he
was obviously just doing it to waste a few minutes.

That's sarcasm. Do you get it? Huh? Huh?

Richard

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 14, 2004, 8:11:58 PM1/14/04
From: Richard Palmer@virgin. net

>That's right, I can't tell a Ford from a Volvo.

How about a Porsche Cayanne Tubo from a Ascari ZX 4?

>I'm glad you have no problem reading a block of badly set out text.
>Me, I just pass it by, having better things to do with my life

You just pass it by? It doesn't appear that way.

>than deciphering the ramblings of a >moron.

Why be so cold and pompous to other Elvis fans? For all you know English is a
second language with this person.

>I'm sure the original poster
>doesn't mind, after all it's not like he wanted anybody to read it, he
>was obviously just doing it to waste a few minutes.

I for one enjoyed the references, he made, to car racing in Elvis's movies.

>That's sarcasm.

More like someone who comes off as arrogant.

>Do you get it? Huh? Huh?
>Richard

Yes, I get it Richard. You always wanted to be an English professor. Now if you
are, then save it for class.
~AL~

Richard Palmer

Jan 15, 2004, 5:02:53 AM1/15/04
On 15 Jan 2004 01:11:58 GMT, coolroc...@aol.com (Coolrockndaddy)
wrote:

>From: Richard Palmer@virgin. net
>
>>That's right, I can't tell a Ford from a Volvo.
>
>How about a Porsche Cayanne Tubo from a Ascari ZX 4?

It's probably "turbo" not "tubo", but I bet you can spell "anal
retentive" all the same.

>>I'm glad you have no problem reading a block of badly set out text.
>>Me, I just pass it by, having better things to do with my life
>
>You just pass it by? It doesn't appear that way.

I pass it by, inasmuch as when I see a great big block of text, with
no capitals, no paragraphs, then I don't even bother to read it. And I
bet a lot of people are the same.

I assume that when somebody takes the time to post on here, they do it
because they want people to read what they wrote? So why wouldn't they
make the effort to make what they write easier to read?

>>than deciphering the ramblings of a >moron.
>
>Why be so cold and pompous to other Elvis fans? For all you know English is a
>second language with this person.

Other Elvis fans? You say that like I am supposed to be part of some
great big community,and give a bit more slack to somebody simply
because they share a small part of my musical taste. An idiot is an
idiot.

>>I'm sure the original poster
>>doesn't mind, after all it's not like he wanted anybody to read it, he
>>was obviously just doing it to waste a few minutes.
>
>I for one enjoyed the references, he made, to car racing in Elvis's movies.

That's because you could be bothered to read it. I couldn't.

>>That's sarcasm.
>
>More like someone who comes off as arrogant.

Oooof. That hurts. Nobody has ever said that before.

See? More sarcasm.

>>Do you get it? Huh? Huh?
>>Richard
>
>Yes, I get it Richard. You always wanted to be an English professor. Now if you
>are, then save it for class.

Al, you're getting into a fight with the wrong person. If you want to
call me arrogant, do it for something other than this, OK? I don't see
what the problem is with wanting to click on a message and be able to
read it without straining my eyes. I don't see where the problem lies
in somebody remembering a few basic rules, ie Full Stop/Capital
Letter. And the occasional paragraph. Everybody here reads books, or
papers, or even comics, surely some of what they see must sink in? You
don't pick up a book or a newspaper, and see a foot of solid text from
the top of the page to the bottom, do you?

It's not, as they say, rocket science.

Richard

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 15, 2004, 7:01:58 PM1/15/04
>From: Richard Palmer

>For all you know English is a
>second language with this person.

Richard, you never addressed this part of my question.

>Al, you're getting into a fight with the wrong person. If you want to
>call me arrogant, do it for something other than this, OK? I don't see
>what the problem is with wanting to click on a message and be able to
>read it without straining my eyes. I don't see where the problem lies
>in somebody remembering a few basic rules, ie Full Stop/Capital
>Letter. And the occasional paragraph. Everybody here reads books, or
>papers, or even comics, surely some of what they see must sink in? You
>don't pick up a book or a newspaper, and see a foot of solid text from
>the top of the page to the bottom, do you?
>It's not, as they say, rocket science.
>Richard

Bottom line for me is .... Why put down other fans? We come from all walks of
life with lots of likes, dislikes, educated & non-educated in many diffferent
fields but the one common thread that brings us to this site is ELVIS!
You would go carzy on the Eminem sites with all the ebonics being used. : )'s
~AL~
PS The Ascari ZX4 is a high performence British super car (check it out on the
web) ...... and yes I know turbo is spelt with an "r".... we do make typos now
and then .... even you Rich! : )

Dawn in Memphis

Jan 15, 2004, 7:51:32 PM1/15/04
>Subject: Re: Elvis Movies
>From: coolroc...@aol.com (Coolrockndaddy)
>Date: 1/15/2004 6:01 PM Central Standard Time

People are judged by the way they write, spell, punctuate...etc.
Sad but true.
Especially on the internet since the written word is the only form of
communication unless you have a video camera hook up.

Dawn
www.altelvisking.com

Mphsrick43

Jan 15, 2004, 8:36:03 PM1/15/04
><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: Elvis Movies
>From: freed...@aol.com (Dawn in Memphis)
>Date: Thu, Jan 15, 2004 19:51 EST

personally i do not care what any snooty snoot may care about myself or the way
i choose to present myself. hey roberta start paying my bills and i will care
what you think.
hey dawn: david allan coe is at the new daisy on beale saturday night, party
time.

Devildog

Jan 15, 2004, 9:23:27 PM1/15/04
>Subject: Re: Elvis Movies
>From: mphsr...@aol.com (Mphsrick43)

>personally i do not care what any snooty snoot may care about myself or the
>way
>i choose to present myself.

Snooty Snoot?

atomic_elvis

Jan 15, 2004, 11:05:16 PM1/15/04

"Devildog" <devild...@aol.comsuckthis> wrote in message

That's a cocaine tester.

ALADDIN137

Jan 16, 2004, 12:38:05 AM1/16/04
>Subject: Re: Elvis Movies
>From: devild...@aol.comsuckthis (Devildog)
>Date: 1/15/2004 6:23 PM Pacific Standard Time

That part was indeed cute....lol.
~Aladdin

Richard Palmer

Jan 16, 2004, 4:16:39 AM1/16/04
On 16 Jan 2004 00:01:58 GMT, coolroc...@aol.com (Coolrockndaddy)
wrote:

>>From: Richard Palmer

>>For all you know English is a
>>second language with this person.
>
>Richard, you never addressed this part of my question.

Yes, fair enough.

Show me the book written in another language that uses the same
character set as we do, which doesn't use paragraphs. And capital
letters.

It isn't even about spelling. OK, it is, but let me explain. I know
people who can't spell to save their lives, but they're nice decent
people and really who cares if they muddle up their letters every now
and again? But I bet if I said to them "You don't spell (whatever)
like that", they'd at least make the effort to remember next time. Or
If I said "look, this is really hard to read because you haven't
broken it up into paragraphs - it isn't just me who thinks like this,
it's going to affect the way that everyone looks at what you write",
they would at least try and make it better in future.

What they wouldn't do is say "fuck you, it's my business if I want to
write like that, and if it stops me getting a job in the future then
fuck them too". Which is the attitude you get round here, and which is
frankly so childish that it's criminal.

Plus, on the subject of spelling, we're talking about inputting text
into a computer here - if the programme that they use doesn't have a
spell checker, then there's a dozen that can be downloaded for free.
But that would come under the heading of "giving a shit", which these
people clearly don't.

>>Al, you're getting into a fight with the wrong person. If you want to
>>call me arrogant, do it for something other than this, OK? I don't see
>>what the problem is with wanting to click on a message and be able to
>>read it without straining my eyes. I don't see where the problem lies
>>in somebody remembering a few basic rules, ie Full Stop/Capital
>>Letter. And the occasional paragraph. Everybody here reads books, or
>>papers, or even comics, surely some of what they see must sink in? You
>>don't pick up a book or a newspaper, and see a foot of solid text from
>>the top of the page to the bottom, do you?
>>It's not, as they say, rocket science.
>>Richard
>
>Bottom line for me is .... Why put down other fans? We come from all walks of
>life with lots of likes, dislikes, educated & non-educated in many diffferent
>fields but the one common thread that brings us to this site is ELVIS!

But the bottom line for me is...what does that have to do with
anything? Throw me into a room with a dozen randomly chosen Elvis fans
(oh God, don't take that literally, that would be my worst nightmare
come true) and I'm supposed to ignore the fact that they beat their
wives, molest kids, don't wash except on birthdays, have bad
breath...just because we all happen to like Elvis???

Yeah, you can't compare a child molester to somebody who can't use
punctuation. I know. I'm just taking the argument to extremes.

>You would go carzy on the Eminem sites with all the ebonics being used. : )'s
>~AL~

Yes I would, so I wouldn't go there. White people who think they are
black. That makes me want to hurl.

>PS The Ascari ZX4 is a high performence British super car (check it out on the
>web) ...... and yes I know turbo is spelt with an "r".... we do make typos now
>and then .... even you Rich! : )

Not many though. You know why? I use a spell checker.

Richard

Broadway

Jan 16, 2004, 8:02:00 AM1/16/04
>What they wouldn't do is say "fuck you, it's my business if I want to
>write like that, and if it stops me getting a job in the future then
>fuck them too". Which is the attitude you get round here, and which is
>frankly so childish that it's criminal.
>
>Plus, on the subject of spelling, we're talking about inputting text
>into a computer here - if the programme that they use doesn't have a
>spell checker, then there's a dozen that can be downloaded for free.
>But that would come under the heading of "giving a shit", which these
>people clearly don't.

And you're talking to the president of the club.
Al doesn't give a fuck that he looks dumb when he writes about Bruce's 'stage
presents', repeatedly.
Only 'snobs' and 'eggheads' give a shit for such details.
And it wouldn't even come off as ignorant as it does if the arguments defending
the ig-nance weren't so fucking dense.
OK, Al, enjoy your Xmas presence and your mule-ish approach to the most basic
forms of written communication. You'll continue to be the dumbass you were when
I found you.

Broadway

Jan 16, 2004, 8:24:20 AM1/16/04

Yeah, if you actually absorbed some of that boring shit the teacher wasted your
precious time with all those years ago, you may very well be a 'snooty snoot'.
I was initially going for a joke about Al and this genius being divided at
birth, but sadly, this level of presentation is so common among the lonely,
half-wit AOL trolls that somehow gather the $23.95 each month.
Punctuation? Spelling? Capitals? All for suckers and snooty snoots.
Beside, the trolls, while knowing little else, put alot of thought into not
getting caught, so they like to write like they're on the FBI's most wanted
list.

Charles Thomas

Jan 16, 2004, 11:42:18 AM1/16/04
In article <20040115190158...@mb-m07.aol.com>,
coolroc...@aol.com (Coolrockndaddy) wrote:

> Bottom line for me is .... Why put down other fans?

Unless they insult Bruce or swear. Then WATCH OUT!

CT

Charles Thomas

Jan 16, 2004, 11:44:43 AM1/16/04
In article <7r8f00h3tabrv2ohl...@4ax.com>,
Richard Palmer <r.pa...@virgin.net> wrote:

> >You would go carzy on the Eminem sites with all the ebonics being used.

I KNEW IT! Al's secretly going to the Eminem sites!

He's a closeted Eminem fan!

CT

P.S. Just teasing you, Al. Don't get mad.

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 16, 2004, 3:44:44 PM1/16/04
>From: freedom94d

>People are judged by the way they write, spell, punctuate...etc.
>Sad but true.
>Especially on the internet since the written word is the only form of
>communication unless you have a video camera hook up.
>Dawn

Yes...so true but I prefer not to put other fans down because it tends to
intimidate
them.
~AL~

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 16, 2004, 3:48:19 PM1/16/04
>From: mphsrick43

>personally i do not care what any snooty snoot may care about myself or the
>way
>i choose to present myself. hey roberta start paying my bills and i will care
>what you think.
>hey dawn: david allan coe is at the new daisy on beale saturday night, party
>time.

One of my all time favorite C&W tunes.. David Allan Coe's "Mona Lisa Lost Her
Smile".
~AL~

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 16, 2004, 3:51:37 PM1/16/04
>From: broadwaychris1

>I was initially going for a joke about Al and this genius being divided at
>birth,

Gee he loves me, really loves me! : )
~AL~

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 16, 2004, 4:18:49 PM1/16/04
>From: broadwaychris1

>And you're talking to the president of the club.
>Al doesn't give a fuck that he looks dumb when he writes about Bruce's 'stage
>presents', repeatedly.
>Only 'snobs' and 'eggheads' give a shit for such details.
>And it wouldn't even come off as ignorant as it does if the arguments
>defending
>the ig-nance weren't so fucking dense.

All you have to do, Chris, is skip any post with my screen name in it! Try it
for awhile and you won't get so upset! You may even like it.

>OK, Al, enjoy your Xmas presence and your mule-ish approach to the most basic
>forms of written communication. You'll continue to be the dumbass you were
>when I found you.

If you can read then you would have noticed I never said not to speak (type)
properly. I said putting down other fans because of their lesser skills, in
grammar, was not my cup of tea.
You seem to derive great pleasure out of insulting others! I feel very sad for
you, Chris. If that's what it takes to make you happy then by all means keep it
up!
Crookland tends to do that to lesser people, like yourself. You know ... the
kind that suffer from a severe inferiority complex!
~Al~

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 16, 2004, 4:25:41 PM1/16/04
>From: Charles Thomas

>> >You would go carzy on the Eminem sites with all the ebonics being used.

>I KNEW IT! Al's secretly going to the Eminem sites!
>He's a closeted Eminem fan!
>CT

I was wondering if you would comment on that, Charles. LOL
I have gone to some of his sites when the Elvis put downs tend to be in vogue
only to try balance the arguments.

>P.S. Just teasing you, Al. Don't get mad.

Not mad at all. : )

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 16, 2004, 4:26:44 PM1/16/04
>From: Charles Thomas

>> Bottom line for me is .... Why put down other fans?

>Unless they insult Bruce or swear. Then WATCH OUT!
>CT

I knew that was coming. : )
~AL~

Devildog

Jan 16, 2004, 7:23:30 PM1/16/04
>Subject: Re: Elvis Movies
>From: coolroc...@aol.com (Coolrockndaddy)

Maybe, but don't look for him to ask for you to donate a seaman sample because
he wants his very own little Al. ; )

Broadway

Jan 16, 2004, 7:32:37 PM1/16/04
>Yes...so true but I prefer not to put other fans down because it tends to
>intimidate
>them.
>~AL~

Huh?

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 16, 2004, 9:51:03 PM1/16/04
>From: broadwaychris1

>>Yes...so true but I prefer not to put other fans down because it tends to
>>intimidate
>>them.
>>~AL~

>Huh?

I meant to say ... I prefer not to put "new" fans down because it tends to turn
them off to this site.
Never leave posts or replys when you're in a rush!
~AL~

Broadway

Jan 17, 2004, 11:05:03 PM1/17/04
>You seem to derive great pleasure out of insulting others! I feel very sad
>for
>you, Chris. If that's what it takes to make you happy then by all means keep
>it
>up!
>Crookland tends to do that to lesser people, like yourself. You know ... the
>kind that suffer from a severe inferiority complex!
>~Al~

Oh forgive me, O'Toughguy of The Swamplands!
It ain't me who offers to beat up everybody who I can't best on a message
board, so as complexes go, I'm inclined to think you have a better grasp of the
emotional termoil that comes with that sort thing.
And again, Jerkoff, you meant to type 'Crooklyn', whatever that means, but
again, you were too fucking dumb to work that out.
Try again, schmuck.

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 18, 2004, 2:46:59 AM1/18/04
>From: broadwaychris1

>Oh forgive me, O'Toughguy of The Swamplands!
>It ain't me who offers to beat up everybody

Everybody? I only recall you!

>who I can't best on a message
>board,

Says who?

>And again, Jerkoff, you meant to type 'Crooklyn', whatever that means

I meant Crookland and you know exactly what it means.
Maybe, someday you can work you way out from under the trash of Brooklyn and
leave like so many other loyal Brooklyners have. Good luck for you'll need it.
LOL
~AL~

Broadway

Jan 18, 2004, 8:07:53 AM1/18/04

And what do you give a fuck? Are you the mayor of AEK Land?
Stop this horseshit about being in a rush. Being in a rush to do what? Ride
your bike?
Half read the rest of the posts so you can respond in the dumbest fashion
possible-fast?
Just lay the cards on the table, you're dumber than you'd like to be, you
misused the ferret all these years and turned it into a useless waste of flesh
that does nothing more than dress up your bicycle pants and then of course,
you're angry when women talk to you because of it only to quickly figure out
you're a fucking dunce and run, make sense?
Thank God for the internet, otherwise no one would talk to you outside of your
internet love bunny and the old lady working the supplement counter at GNC.
And Al, take it easy on those nutritional supplements, they may well be making
you dumber.

Broadway

Jan 18, 2004, 9:39:15 AM1/18/04
>>From: broadwaychris1
>
>>Oh forgive me, O'Toughguy of The Swamplands!
>>It ain't me who offers to beat up everybody
>
>Everybody? I only recall you!
>
>>who I can't best on a message
>>board,
>
>Says who?

Me.

>>And again, Jerkoff, you meant to type 'Crooklyn', whatever that means
>
>I meant Crookland and you know exactly what it means.
>Maybe, someday you can work you way out from under the trash of Brooklyn and
>leave like so many other loyal Brooklyners have. Good luck for you'll need
>it.
>LOL
>~AL~

Jerkoff,
I know your prestigious blood line probably left good 'ol Brooklyn for that the
trip over The Guinea Gangplank to the world's most toxic garbage dump, the joke
of New York...no wait....even worse, they were part of the mass exodus of
cheap-ass guineas that didn't even benefit from the Verrazano Bridge, they
boated over in the forties and fifties, thinking they were gonna get something
for nothing in Staten Island. The Big Dream.
Nothin' like something for nothing, did your pops teach you that, Al?
Where hundreds of years worth of New York's garbage got dumped and still does,
but the houses were/are cheap.
Where stone gatherers, like your famiglia, were too dumb to notice the
pervasive stink of rotting garbage in the air and like circling cancer
vultures, the hungry seagulls overhead anywhere you look up on the bargain
filled guinea Island.
Where brighter, better healed families headed to Long Island, the better parts
of Brooklyn and out west, the stone gatherers headed for the Promised
Land....Staten Island!
The problem with people like you and your parents before you, you couldn't
handle city living, you thought you were better than the the other immigrants,
Blacks, Jews and Latinos, and if you had the nuts, you'd just say it instead of
calling them 'the trash of Brooklyn', which is really what you mean.
So your very bright pops was so afraid of the schwartzas, he ran his family to
a place where his son's head would glow, but not because he too was bright, but
because at least he didn't see 'a nigger' in front of his pallazzo. Who gives a
fuck for toxins?
The American Dream, to be with other stone gatherers of the same mentality,
yes?
I always hated those guys who exposed their families to cancerous toxins just
to be away from other people. It really was detestable.
Do you realize what you might've been had you not lived on top of New Yorks
decaying garbage? You might have been able to actually read, write and a
capacity to reason like most of us if you stayed in the lovely borough of
Kings.

Now, as for Brooklyn, I can't say enough about it. I do know that while your
family was beginning to glow in a bargain pallazzo, I grew up in a lovely
neighborhood where your pops most likely couldn't afford to buy a home then or
now.
It's a beautiful place. Everything I like is there and it's close to Manhattan,
you can't beat it.

I've been in Manhattan for sometime now, lived here through school before I
married, but I go Brooklyn to shop, visit and eat often.
I mean, it's not like those fancy joints on Hylan Boulevard or the new 'all you
can eat' buffet in the sticks where you live now (and where the fuck is that,
Al?), but it's pretty good.
And I know, I'm missing out on all the culture and square dancing Outer
Whitelandia has to offer, but once a city boy, always a city boy. I like it
here and consider myself lucky that I don't live with dunces like you, you
stupid, stupid motherfucker.

(I can't wait for your brilliant reply....)

Coolrockndaddy

Jan 18, 2004, 11:57:46 AM1/18/04
>From: broadwaychris1
>Jerkoff,
>The Guinea Gangplank
>cheap-ass guineas
>Who gives a
fuck for toxins?
>and where the fuck is that,
>stupid motherfucker

BWC, I'm not going to dignify your ranting for you will never change.
~AL~

ALADDIN137

Jan 21, 2004, 1:39:30 AM1/21/04
>Subject: Re: Elvis Movies
>From: broadwa...@aol.comisGroovy (Broadway)
>Date: 1/18/2004 5:07 AM Pacific Standard Time
>

>Thank God for the internet, otherwise no one would talk to you outside of
>your
>internet love bunny

Hey! Please use proper screen names, or names that identify so that I know if
it is alright for me to get ticked off or not...
~Aladdin

ALADDIN137

Jan 21, 2004, 2:05:47 AM1/21/04
>Subject: Re: Elvis Movies
>From: broadwa...@aol.comisGroovy (Broadway)
>Date: 1/16/2004 5:24 AM Pacific Standard Time

Your not feeling well, huh Chris?
It appears that some of our best including you are on AOL. So what the heck is
going on with this remark?
Too much cough medicine? Too much sunlight cross your coffin while sleeping?
lol
~Aladdin

ALADDIN137

Jan 21, 2004, 2:33:41 AM1/21/04
>Subject: Re: Elvis Movies
>From: Richard Palmer r.pa...@virgin.net
>Date: 1/16/2004 1:16 AM Pacific Standard Time

Spell check?
I seldom bother. This is for fun not a manuscript.
I must say having a touch of the flu causes one to loose track of important on
line issues.
I don't want to take sides here, so may I just slide down the middle?
I am always very embarrassed by my typo's or miss-spelled words. Poor grammar,
and so forth.
My dear Brother has dyslexia and there is nothing he writes that I treasure
more, or cannot read and understand, even when it is sorely missing, and an
inappropriate word inserted.
I have a high tolerance for these things. I would not however care to read a
book written in this manner. loll
It does reflect on talent, thought pattern, astute social aberrations if any,
as well as education and intellect. Slang words being often the worst of all.
When our mind goes temporarily blank or we don't give a bleep. Everything turns
up Freaking this and Frigging that, from the utmost on this board. So, my point
being, it really proves very little except for our own eye comfort and
tolerability if we hate someone. Again, I must laugh. (that seems irritating as
well)
~Aladdin