Elvis & George Bush photo at Jaycee Awards

liber...@hotmail.com

Apr 24, 2006, 3:41:00 PM4/24/06
I've always wondered if a photo existed of Elvis and George Bush snr at
the Jaycee Awards as both men were present. I think I may have found
one:

Look at the Elvis at the Jaycee Awards photo halfway down this page

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/ElvisPicturesFamily.html

What do think? Is that Bush shaking hands with Elvis?

David.
UK.

Marty

Apr 24, 2006, 4:09:37 PM4/24/06
I don't think so as I remember Bush getting through with his speech and
walking away out of the room.

Marty

<liber...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Tony

Apr 24, 2006, 4:09:28 PM4/24/06
It looks like him. Doesn't it say "Bush" on the photo?

Bill

Apr 24, 2006, 5:44:07 PM4/24/06

Marty wrote:

> I don't think so as I remember Bush getting through with his speech and
> walking away out of the room.
>
> Marty

Yeah, that's Bush. You can tell by the shape of his head and the side
of his face.

And he signed the photo.

Bill

Marty

Apr 24, 2006, 6:44:45 PM4/24/06
If he signed the photo it would have been signed much later because that
wasn't done with a polaroid camera.

Might be Bush, I just remember him walking away after his speech and i don't
recall seeing him again that day.

Marty

"Bill" <batca...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

Bill

Apr 24, 2006, 7:02:13 PM4/24/06

Marty wrote:

> If he signed the photo it would have been signed much later because that
> wasn't done with a polaroid camera.
>
> Might be Bush, I just remember him walking away after his speech and i don't
> recall seeing him again that day.
>
> Marty

The signature is dated 8-21-95. If you send photos or books to the
ex-presidents, they will generally sign them for you and send them back.
I have a signed photo of Bush the Senior and the singature matches.

Bill

Marty

Apr 24, 2006, 7:26:03 PM4/24/06

"Bill" <batca...@adelphia.net> wrote in message

That would make a good dart board especially if you include his idiot sons
and big mouth wife.

Marty

Blairomatic

Apr 24, 2006, 7:53:48 PM4/24/06
Bill wrote:
> Yeah, that's Bush. You can tell by the shape of his head and the side
> of his face.

I'll second that Bill, that is GHWB for sure.

The height also looks right as well. Remember he is quite tall isn't
he? A lot taller than his eldest son and quite possibly a little
smarter too.

Blair

Blairomatic

Apr 24, 2006, 8:02:27 PM4/24/06
Marty wrote:
> I don't think so as I remember Bush getting through with his speech and
> walking away out of the room.

Marty,

What type of regular human being would leave the room without wanting
to meet Elvis?

Remember during the '92 campaign when GHWB made that sarcastic Elvis
comment about Clinton?

Actually his target was obviously WJC, Bush was having a go at him
about his campaign tactics (which involved a lot of people contact), so
Bush said "He's been spotted in more 'shopping malls' (or something
similar) than Elvis Presley!".

He knew Clinton was an Elvis fan, so I saw it as a bit of a put down of
both men.

Blair

Broadway

Apr 24, 2006, 8:53:52 PM4/24/06
\

I was in George Bush Airport (yes, there's a George Bush International)
in Houston last month and as I'm moving along OJ style to get a
connecting flight when I spot this heroic statue of a youthful man
running with his jacket over his shoulder, the jacket riding the wind.
Of course it was Bush Sr.- Texas Hero...

Tony

Apr 24, 2006, 9:03:31 PM4/24/06
Blair said,,,"Remember he is quite tall isn't he?"

6'1" according to his driver's license. He showed it on "Larry King
Live."

Rick

Apr 24, 2006, 9:23:22 PM4/24/06

> Marty,
>
> What type of regular human being would leave the room without wanting
> to meet Elvis?

Bush. that's who. He did meet him as shown in the picture. They are shaking
hands. However, Elvis invited everyone to Graceland for an after party I
believe it was, and Bush refused to go. I don't remember the reason off
hand, I'm sure someone here does. It turns out he's not a very big EP fan.

Blairomatic

Apr 24, 2006, 10:23:34 PM4/24/06
Rick wrote:
> It turns out he's not a very big EP fan.

Thats sounds right.

Bush was a bit of square of course, and a little 'out of touch' to say
the least.

Clinton exposed this side of his personality badly in '92.

Clinton wasn't perfect either, as we all know, however he got my vote
twice!

Blair

atomic prune

Apr 24, 2006, 10:50:43 PM4/24/06
i hope elvis washed his hands after shaking hands with daddy bush.

Marty

Apr 24, 2006, 11:11:29 PM4/24/06

"Blairomatic" <blair...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Marty wrote:
> > I don't think so as I remember Bush getting through with his speech and
> > walking away out of the room.
>
> Marty,
>
> What type of regular human being would leave the room without wanting
> to meet Elvis?

Who said he was regular.

> Remember during the '92 campaign when GHWB made that sarcastic Elvis
> comment about Clinton?
>
> Actually his target was obviously WJC, Bush was having a go at him
> about his campaign tactics

The same comment was a put down to Elvis and the fans. He was basically
saying that they were low class, blue collar, dumb hillbillies. Those kinds
of comments are not made by someone unless they are an elitist looking down
on ordinary people. I've met people like that and have heard similar
comments from them. In that same statement he called him a pipsqueak
governor from a pipsqueak state. You think that wasn't a put down of the
people of Arkansas.

If you think the Bushs aren't elitist then I have some swamp land to sell
you.

Marty

Marty

Apr 24, 2006, 11:13:31 PM4/24/06

"Rick" <rl...@cox.net> wrote in message

Rick,

It was a cocktail party at Graceland before the awards and then a dinner for
the other awardees and special guests right after the cocktail party at the
Four Flames Restaurant.
Bush didn't show up.

Marty

atomic prune

Apr 24, 2006, 11:33:43 PM4/24/06
they're freaks.

and god speaks to g.w. heh.

kapow goes the world.

Dawn in Memphis

Apr 25, 2006, 12:48:48 AM4/25/06

You voted for Clinton all the way from Australia?

Blairomatic

Apr 25, 2006, 1:49:43 AM4/25/06
Dawn in Memphis wrote:
> You voted for Clinton all the way from Australia?

I quite like US politics, each election I pick a side and give them my
'vote'.

Not officially of course.

American friends of mine do officially vote though, at the US consulate
in Sydney.

Blair

Luuk

Apr 25, 2006, 4:29:44 AM4/25/06

"Marty" <moon...@bellsouth.net> schreef in bericht

There are a lot of people in the world you don't like, do you?

Or is this your way of saying you have been proven wrong once again?!

Marty

Apr 25, 2006, 4:53:09 AM4/25/06

"Luuk" <lu...@hangingaroundafamousstarforaliving.com> wrote in message

You're at the top of my list imbecile.

What's the matter do you miss me?

You have enough people here pissing on you without starting in with me
again.

Hark! I hear a dog calling you, better run his tongue's hanging out.

Marty

Blairomatic

Apr 25, 2006, 6:33:17 AM4/25/06
Ok historians, we now know that Elvis meet President Nixon, and future
Presidents Carter and Bush Snr.

Are there any more?

Up til today I thought it was just Nixon and Carter.

Blair

Luuk

Apr 25, 2006, 6:51:35 AM4/25/06

>> Or is this your way of saying you have been proven wrong once again?!
>>

> You're at the top of my list imbecile.
>
> What's the matter do you miss me?
>
> You have enough people here pissing on you without starting in with me
> again.
>
> Hark! I hear a dog calling you, better run his tongue's hanging out.
>
> Marty

I miss you like I miss fleas. NOT
Without your constant desire for attention this group would be about your
boss, the guy that paid your living a long long time: Elvis Presley.

By the way, the description of this group is not so nice. Are you the one
that started this group?

WiNK

Apr 25, 2006, 8:01:21 AM4/25/06

"Broadway" <broadw...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Blairomatic wrote:
> > Bill wrote:
> > > Yeah, that's Bush. You can tell by the shape of his head and the side
> > > of his face.
> >
> > I'll second that Bill, that is GHWB for sure.
> >
> > The height also looks right as well. Remember he is quite tall isn't
> > he? A lot taller than his eldest son and quite possibly a little
> > smarter too.
> >
> > Blair
> \
>
> I was in George Bush Airport (yes, there's a George Bush International)
> in Houston last month and as I'm moving along OJ style

You mean you were wielding a knife?

Peach

(Sorry....couldn't resist.)

Devildog

Apr 25, 2006, 10:23:00 AM4/25/06

I prefer to think they met Elvis.

atomic prune

Apr 25, 2006, 10:55:12 AM4/25/06
they like it because they don't have to suffer it.

atomic prune

Apr 25, 2006, 10:56:49 AM4/25/06
bush's suck ass no how.

Marty

Apr 25, 2006, 1:16:48 PM4/25/06
No that was someone named Terri and she had you in mind but Google made a
mistake a put Elvis' name in there.

FOOL!

Marty

atomic prune

Apr 25, 2006, 1:30:49 PM4/25/06
oh yes it's luuk whooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

belch.

oh there they go again complaining abou the news group description
that's like centuries old now. i'm about to say...

don't like it, make a new one and then station yourself there. i
mean you're using the group now aren't ya?