The APCU makes contact

1 view

Bill Gossett

May 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/13/00
George Brown wrote:

>So - any advice on what I should do? Do you think this bird is
fair dinkum?

In a pig's eye. APCU gives WAUC and ACI someone to look down on.

Bill Gossett

Larry McQueary

May 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/13/00
If Joyce Wallace really even exists, she is full of crap. As long as this group
is operated by "Al Wainright" (aka Brett Loebel) and co., it's a bogus
operation.

By the way, they have apparently switched to calling themselves "Academia
College", rather than "Trinity College and University". I suppose that people
who matriculate there could be considered Academia Nuts?

<cough>

At any rate, this is a bogus, unrecognized, imaginary accrediting agency that
exists solely to prop up the scams of Brett Loebel and company.

Larry

"George Brown" <gbr...@virtualuniversities.net> wrote in message
> I received the following e-mail from the 'new' administrator of the APCU
> website:
>
> Dear Sir, Madam
>
> Let me introduce myself, my name is Joyce Wallace BS-ASL, and I have now
> taken over the responsibility of approving private colleges and universities
> through the Association of Private Colleges and Universities. My new
> responsibilities include a thorough search of private institutions, complete
> with background searches, credit checks, institution policies as well as
> checks through the Regional Accreditation Association and the Distance
> Education Training Council.
>
> I will have to agree that when this site was conceived, they (the student
> who developed it) did not check out applicants too well. I however, have
> spent a lot of time and effort making this a reputable site, and will
> continue to do so. Paperwork has been submitted to make this a true
> non-profit organization which donates 50% of annual fees to scholarship
> programs. When the site was originated, the student gave out seals of
> approval and did not charge a fee. I am now trying to identify these sites
> and check out their credentials.
>
> So what am I asking? I would like you to give me a month to sort through
> these "degree mill" institutions. With that done I would appreciate you
> taking our link off your page.
>
> Thank You
> Joyce Wallace
> APCU-Administrator
> http://www.apcu-edu.org/

> So - any advice on what I should do? Do you think this bird is fair dinkum?
>

> Cheers,
>
> George.
> ~~~~~~~ Virtual Universities of Australasia & the World ~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.virtualuniversities.net ~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~ e-mail: gbr...@virtualuniversities.net ~~~~~~~~

Bill Gossett

May 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/13/00
Larry McQueary wrote:

>At any rate, this is a bogus, unrecognized, imaginary
accrediting agency that
>exists solely to prop up the scams of Brett Loebel and company.

Interesting. The new APCU pages state: "The APCU is not an
accrediting agency, and makes no claim to be so." One wonders
what this does to the claims made by Trinity and Capitol of being
accredited by this non-accreditor?

George Brown

May 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/14/00

Chip

May 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/14/00

> I received the following e-mail from the 'new' administrator of the APCU
> website:
>
> Dear Sir, Madam
>
> Let me introduce myself, my name is Joyce Wallace BS-ASL, and I have now
> taken over the responsibility of approving private colleges and
universities
> through the Association of Private Colleges and Universities. My new
> responsibilities include a thorough search of private institutions,
complete
> with background searches, credit checks, institution policies as well as
> checks through the Regional Accreditation Association and the Distance
> Education Training Council.

Hmmm. Well, my "SCAM" flag is still up. I sent an email to the
organization more than a week ago basically asking them to demonstrate why
they weren't a scam, and heard nothing back.

Just now, I tried calling the phone number listed as the APCU's number in
the whois database, and got a recording for the Government Printing Office.

And our friend Joyce Wallace hasn't offered any indication of who set up the
organization, how it is funded, what its mission is, or anything else. As
for the "paperwork" submitted to make it a "true nonprofit organization", I
doubt it very seriously. It takes a *lot* of effort to submit a viable
application for a 501(c)(3), and I find it difficult to believe that this
has already been completed when they've apparently done nothing (yet) to
determine who they may have "accredited".

I also find it interesting that in the same sentence, Ms. Wallace refers to
"they" and "the student". She can't even decide if there is one or more
people in the organization!

For my money, it's still a fraud, plain and simple. When Ms. Wallace
provides some evidence to the contrary (for example, access to a copy of the
501(c)(3) application that's been submitted, a copy of the nonprofit
incorporation filing, a listing of all staff members and organizational
affiliations) then it would make sense to reconsider. But if it looks like
a duck, quacks like a duck and shits like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Chip

May 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/14/00

> By the way, they have apparently switched to calling themselves "Academia
> College", rather than "Trinity College and University". I suppose that
people
> who matriculate there could be considered Academia Nuts?

YES!!!

John Bear

May 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/14/00

Chip wrote, re the accreditor Academia University:

> . . . if it looks like

> a duck, quacks like a duck and shits like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Quackademia.

John Bear
jo...@ursa.net