Quinn Tyler Jackson a Professor?

Rick

Nov 13, 2002, 10:24:30 PM11/13/02
A friend of mine who is enrolled at American Military University
emailed me yesterday to tell me all about the new courses he is taking
for his undergraduate degree. According to the AMU Website, one of his
courses is being instructed by a person named Quinn Tyler Jackson,
which appears to be the same person from the distance degree
discussion boards. If this is the same person, I cannot understand why
a school like AMU would compromise their good reputation by bringing
on staff with entirely unaccredited degrees. My friend is going to
talk to the dean at the school about this and I have already sent an
email to AMU asking what their policy is.

John Bear, do you know anything about hiring practices and
unaccredited degrees with DETC schools?

John Bear

Nov 14, 2002, 2:04:11 PM11/14/02
One of the important factors in the DETC accreditation process is the
credentials of the faculty. While having faculty with unaccredited
credentials is not, I think, an automatic death knell, it is rare --
especially in fields in which there are many faculty with recognized
credentials.

It will be very interesting to learn what AMU has to say to your friend,
and in response to your email. Please share it here.

John Bear

Rick

Nov 14, 2002, 8:41:23 PM11/14/02
John Bear <jo...@ursa.net> wrote in message news:<3DD3F3AB...@ursa.net>...

Some of the press in Manassas VA have launched an investigation and
are calling the school too. Looks like a huge time bomb if this is all
true. BOOM!

Richard Kanarek

Nov 15, 2002, 3:38:21 AM11/15/02
Dear Mr. Martin:

I must say that I find your bizarre crusade against Mr. (Dr.?) Jackson
as objectionable as your recent tactic for implementing it. While I do
not know you any more than I know Jackson, I'd be willing to bet a
fist full of cash that you have never even met anyone associated with
AMU; you have simply discovered Jackson's employment at AMU whilst
stalking him.

As to why a school like AMU might employ Jackson, perhaps its because
he's a highly qualified and intelligent individual who they are lucky
to be able to employ?

Peter French

Nov 15, 2002, 7:04:14 PM11/15/02
Rick Marin ... South Americanish ... mmmmmmmmmm?

Who is there that is South Americanish who has been quite relentless in
their own critically analytical way, and whose prose is *Very* similar to
that of Rick Martin?

Just wondering :-)

Peter French

"Richard Kanarek" <FirstInitial...@spamcop.net> wrote in message

mikeanderson

Nov 16, 2002, 9:43:39 PM11/16/02
I just purchased your book Mr. Bear and have decided on TESC. I was
considering attending AMU, but after reading about frauds like Quinn
Tyler Jackson that are employed at the school, I have decided not to
enroll. Don't schools have basic standards before bringing on staff?

John Bear

Nov 17, 2002, 2:49:49 PM11/17/02
mikeanderson wrote:

> I just purchased your book Mr. Bear

Thank you.

> and have decided on TESC. I was
> considering attending AMU, but after reading about frauds like Quinn
> Tyler Jackson that are employed at the school, I have decided not to
> enroll. Don't schools have basic standards before bringing on staff?

Of course they do. Since Mr. Jackson apparently did not use his degrees to get the
AMU job (at least they seem not to have been listed in the AMU catalog), perhaps
they hired him because of his knowledge and teaching skills.

Peter French

Nov 17, 2002, 3:19:07 PM11/17/02
...and speaking from a teachers perspective, I or my fellow teachers would
not be at all upset if a person like Mr "Anderson" did not join my school.

Peter French