ICHM fraud "Cooks the books"

Shiela Jones

Jul 18, 2001, 6:21:55 AM7/18/01
An audit reported the following problem with the ICHM.

*The non-recognition of the full cost of indirect expenses and
corporate overheads by ICHM has masked the true financial result of
its operations. This is particularly evident in 1998 as the internal
reporting mechanism of ICHM did not include all indirect expenses and
overheads despite their recognition in the Department’s general
ledger.*

Tranlation: They were using their expertise in *Culinaire* to COOK THE
BOOKS.

Dave Durbin

Jul 18, 2001, 7:57:47 AM7/18/01
The fact that ICHM were subject to a financial audit by the
Auditor-General's Department of South Australia is good evidence of their
legitimacy, regardless of all the spamming on this topic by "Shiela" and
"Benny". For full text of the report that "Shiela" is quoting, see:

http://www.audit.sa.gov.au/98-99/b1/edtraining.htm

"Shiela Jones" <cordon...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

Peter French

Jul 18, 2001, 1:30:31 PM7/18/01
This report quoted in part only, of course by the menace who resides on this
group and attacks George Brown, should be read more fully, as it COMPLETLY
defeats all of the menace's arguments, and TOTALLY exonerates George Brown.

And I quote:

International College of Hotel Management

Background

The International College of Hotel Management (ICHM) at Regency Park is a
unique venture involving the integration of two international hotel training
schools (Swiss Hotel Association and Regency Hotel School) and a
world-renowned French cooking school (Le Cordon Bleu). It was officially
opened at the Regency Institute of TAFE in January 1993.

The International College of Hotel Management has six key partners: Regency
Hotel School, Le Cordon Bleu Ecole De Cuisine Et De Patisserie (LCB), Swiss
Hotel Association (SHA), Professional Conferences International Pty Ltd
(PCI), Corporate Counsellors International Pty Ltd (CCI) and the
International College of Hotel Management Inc (ICHM Inc).

On 30 September 1992, separate agreements between the Minister of Employment
and Further Education, LCB, PCI and CCI and the Minister, SHA, PCI, CCI and
ICHM Inc were signed.

On 24 July 1993, the Minister of Education, Employment and Training entered
into an agreement, which will continue until 31 December 2004, with SHA,
PCI, CCI and ICHM Inc. This agreement terminated the previous SHA Agreement
dated September 1992, however, the LCB Agreement of the same date still
applied.

The agreements, inter alia, provide for the Minister to write the curriculum
and provide qualified teaching staff, the establishment of an Academic Board
and the payment of various fees to the Minister.

An economic impact study undertaken by the South Australian Centre for
Economic Studies in February of 1996, projected income to the State based on
enrolments of 300 students, of between $5.5 million and $6.5 million
annually, in addition to the creation of 100-120 full time jobs.
Furthermore, the study suggested that ICHM graduates future influence on
purchasing for employers will increase demand for South Australian food and
beverage products, representing a potential increase in the order of $35 -
$70 million per annum over a period of 10 years. The increase in demand is
projected to result in additional full-time and part-time jobs of between
500-1100.

So may I suggest that someone esle is now slected for the vitriolic attacks.

Peter French
Australia

Dave Durbin <durb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Shiela Jones

Jul 18, 2001, 5:59:19 PM7/18/01
"Peter French" <pjfr...@celestial.com.au> wrote in message news:<4Kj57.29$Ef5....@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>...

> This report quoted in part only, of course by the menace who resides on this
> group and attacks George Brown,

I do not believe I have ever mentioned George Brown.

Should I have?

Let's have some more quotes shall we?

*Audit&#8217;s view is that as no formal amendment was made to the
existing Agreement, the action taken was therefore not authorised. Any
change to a legal agreement needs to be properly formalised and
express the obligations of each party so as to minimise the risk of
future legal difficulties.

The shortfall in the Special per Capita Fee due in accordance with the
terms of the Agreement amounts to $1.2 million.*

Douglas Harper

Jul 18, 2001, 7:16:16 PM7/18/01
"Scott Porter" <jpo...@ptd.net> wrote in message news:<M_g57.8035$dh4.1...@nnrp1.ptd.net>...

> The fact that ICHM were
> subject to government audit, is an indication of their legitimacy.

"Dave Durbin" <durb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<%Qe57.61136$qs5.10...@news02.optonline.net>...

> The fact that ICHM were subject to a financial audit by the
> Auditor-General's Department of South Australia is good evidence of their
> legitimacy

Scott/Dave, you should try to vary the bullshit, this is nearly word for word.
If you are going to pretend to be two people, at least make an effort to change
the wording.

And Scott/Dave, Al Capone was subject to a government audit, is that also
good evidence of his legitimacy. I'm sure every crook and every degree mill
will be glad to hear it. Remember folks, if a company or a person is audited
by the government it's good evidence of their legitimacy. What kind of
moron would write that. Are you related to Huffman? Have you been
stealing his prozac?

Shiela Jones

Jul 21, 2001, 8:27:23 AM7/21/01
"Dave Durbin" <durb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<%Qe57.61136$qs5.10...@news02.optonline.net>...
> The fact that ICHM were subject to a financial audit by the
> Auditor-General's Department of South Australia is good evidence of their
> legitimacy, regardless of all the spamming on this topic by "Shiela" and
> "Benny". For full text of the report that "Shiela" is quoting, see:
>
> http://www.audit.sa.gov.au/98-99/b1/edtraining.htm

What total hypocrisy by "Dave Durbin" to accuse me of only quoting the
parts I want to highlight. I recommend that people *do* visit the
above link, were they will see a catalog of outlandish deceit and
incompetence.

"Dave Durbin" , quotes below the marvelous predictions for the profit
to South Australia the ICHM was expected to generate based on the
enrollment of 300 students.

He then stops short of qouting the remainder of the audit which points
out that far from producing the projected income to the State based on

enrolments of 300 students, of between $5.5 million and $6.5 million

annually, in addition to the creation of 100-120 full time jobs, the
ICHM went on to LOSE the State 1.8 MILLION DOLLARS.

Further, the incompetence is compounded when we note that In 1999,
on-campus accommodation for students will total 184 places. The Deed
of Agreement provides that &#8216;ICHM will not accept as students of
the course such numbers of students who would exceed the numbers who
can be accommodated at the on-campus residential facility&#8217;

The audit goes on to note: Enrolment projections for the first
semesters of 2000-2004 indicate that student enrolments will
considerably surpass the 184 available places. If the enrolment
projections are fulfilled, then there will be a breach of the Deed of
Agreement.

Translation: The ICHM can only make money if it breaks its own
enrolment rules. It has broken its own rules and has still lost money.

But hey! Who cares? It's only taxpayers money yeah?