NORTHSAT BUSTED

dude

Oct 27, 2000, 2:14:40 AM10/27/00
just happen to live close by ,looks like a massive raid by r.c.m.p going on.

-=ADAM=-

Oct 27, 2000, 2:16:07 AM10/27/00
Are you serious? Are you sure?
i may just take a drive down there to see this for myself?
either that or go to bed hmm
Adam

Richard

Oct 27, 2000, 2:22:19 AM10/27/00
Looks like it might be true. Check out
http://www.escape.ca/~northsat/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000222.html

Rich

Stephen

Oct 27, 2000, 2:35:06 AM10/27/00
I thought they were winning the battle?
Or will they try to kill them with lawyer fees and no prosecution for any
real crime?

"dude" <du...@mb.sympatico.ca> wrote in message

cncdoc

Oct 27, 2000, 2:42:19 AM10/27/00
Not good.

--
cncdoc
VCC

Barry Cran

Oct 27, 2000, 7:25:16 AM10/27/00

cncdoc wrote:

> Not good.

I can see all the dishnet dealers in canada getting busted, ecause you can
use a dishnet card to see bell's expressvu... DOOH!!!!

m...@my.house

Oct 27, 2000, 7:20:13 AM10/27/00
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 01:14:40 -0500, "dude" <du...@mb.sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>just happen to live close by ,looks like a massive raid by r.c.m.p going on.

If he's shut down by dave then maybe his revenge will be to release
his HU ZKT extraction stuff as freeware...

Well, I can hope can't I?

Resqtech

Oct 27, 2000, 8:35:47 AM10/27/00
Barry Cran wrote:

NorthSat isn't a Dishnet dealer,,,,yet and I don't believe that a Dishnet card
decodes ExpressView.
Since that would be a criminal offence here in Canada, a person would have to
be stupid to do it,,,and Eddie certainly isn't stupid!

Anthony

Oct 27, 2000, 8:37:14 AM10/27/00
Its sad that some people are thinking about how can I get the HU ZKT
extraction process out of this, when one of this hobby's greatest
contributors is undergoing an ordeal like this. Anyone that knows
Northsat personally tell him the majority of the group is supporting
him. :-)

Anthony

Truck Driver©

Oct 27, 2000, 8:49:09 AM10/27/00
The thing is....if he has had his stuff confiscated. Then I hope he has had
the sense to have had some backup else ware.
If I were have been busted I would have made sure every one knew about the
information...to take the heat off me.
I have also have known ppl that were busted and spilled there guts...and
turned everyone in! Even if they never had proof on that person or not.
I don't know how the law goes in Canada....but I see that nothing happened
to Vcipher technologies after they were busted. As I see it; they are still
in business!

"Remember JuneBug"

"Beer and Smokes to Ding........."

The trouble with life is, you're half way through it before you realize it's
a "do it yourself" thing

As you know being cautious is not a fault, it is something one has learned.
"Truck Driver"

<m...@my.house> wrote in message

**^##PuterS

Oct 27, 2000, 9:53:30 AM10/27/00
Good old Kanada, ..Let me guess , Bell (Expresspuke) probably
provides the phone service to the province , so they will have a
Sh#tload of tapped info for the koyboyz in Red. and since Bell (Expresspuke)
recently
had a case in BC and Quebec tossed out they need fresh meat for their
lawyers and will no doubt have this splashed all over their news channels
for a few days ( Got to keep the Canadians scared dontchya
know )...Northsat is one of the best around and I hope they kick Bell
(Expresspuke) in the
balls
Stephen <Non...@nowhere.org> wrote in message

DSS Technician

Oct 27, 2000, 11:52:07 AM10/27/00
Yea right... after the 4 court decisions this year, I doubt it.

--

the dimedealer

http://www.dimedealer.com
All Major Credit Cards Accepted
WTX Sales and Image Support
1-416-657-2579

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 12:43:20 PM10/27/00
"DSS Technician" <test...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> Yea right... after the 4 court decisions this year, I doubt it.

Well I don't know if it is true, but the fact that they openly ask their US
customers to understate the value of packages going through customs (to
avoid taxes) I believe is illegal. Not to mention that they undervalue
packages that go to the USA, and misrepresent the contents of the package.
So tell me, what are the "4 court decisions this year" that cover such
actions?

Discount Satellite was taken down for similar actions, and the "charges"
were not directly connected to "satellite theft"

scatterman

Oct 27, 2000, 12:57:47 PM10/27/00
Do they look like Dudley Dorite?

DSS Technician

Oct 27, 2000, 1:09:15 PM10/27/00
The BC, Ontario, Quebec cases etc... Read www.legal-rights.org

There have been at least 4 court decisions in the past couple months (krazy
kelly, tech electronics, can-am sat etc...) that have given the green light
to dss sales in Canada.

At least I hope so....
--
the dimedealer

http://www.dimedealer.com
All Major Credit Cards Accepted
WTX Sales and Image Support
1-416-657-2579

Steve <***********@******.com> wrote in message

DSS Technician

Oct 27, 2000, 1:14:02 PM10/27/00
I agree for sure... Although I even like to rip in to Northsat for their 2+
month shipping standard and lack of response to their patient customers, I
still believe that they account for some of the best DSS hacking minds
around. With them gone, this could be an uphill battle.
--
the dimedealer

http://www.dimedealer.com
All Major Credit Cards Accepted
WTX Sales and Image Support
1-416-657-2579

Anthony <ant...@spamaway.com> wrote in message

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 1:19:58 PM10/27/00

> The BC, Ontario, Quebec cases etc... Read www.legal-rights.org
>
> There have been at least 4 court decisions in the past couple months
(krazy
> kelly, tech electronics, can-am sat etc...) that have given the green
light
> to dss sales in Canada.

That depends if this alleged raid is related to dss sales, which it probably
isn't. It wasn't the case with discount satellite, none of the charges
brought against them had anything to do with unauthorized satellite signal
interception, or DSS sales.

its_m...@my-deja.com

Oct 27, 2000, 1:16:53 PM10/27/00
I dont know how things are released to the media in Ca-but shouldnt
there be some mention of this somewhere? Or does Ca have a better leash
on their media?

~dub

"dude" wrote:
> just happen to live close by ,looks like a massive raid by r.c.m.p
going on.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

DSS Technician

Oct 27, 2000, 1:36:41 PM10/27/00
I remember reading on scrambling news last year that the vcipher raid had to
do with weapons charges (including posession of military style ak47s
etc...). I doubt the police would raid about customs declarations.... it
should be interesting

--
the dimedealer

http://www.dimedealer.com
All Major Credit Cards Accepted
WTX Sales and Image Support
1-416-657-2579

Steve <***********@******.com> wrote in message

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 2:20:32 PM10/27/00
Yeah, I'd like to know what they are claiming myself. Anyways, I guess we
will know soon enough (but this is NS so maybe not).

PS- Okay people don't forget, this is a long(er) weekend, one whole extra
hour.....ohhh yeahhhhh...

"DSS Technician" <test...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

thesatguy

Oct 27, 2000, 2:24:17 PM10/27/00
Let us know what is going on there since we now know all the rulings went
against DirecTv.

Risestar

Oct 27, 2000, 5:01:35 PM10/27/00
Raided yes, RCMP, no.

From the Pirates Den:

This just in. Many other sites have also reported that North-Sat Technologies
was raided yesterday, we have confirmed it. However, the RCMP or Revenue Canada
is apparently not involved, as was speculated on some other sites, rather it
appears to be a civil Anton Pillar order issued by Bell Expressvu, L.P., and
News Data Systems. Apparently it was simply court-appointed sheriffs that were
seen, rather than RCMP. An Anton Pillar order is a rarely issued, one-sided
civil order where a plantiff that claims is being damaged by the actions of
another individual can apply to seize and record evidence for a future civil
court proceeding. It is likely that this is just a setback for North-Sat, and
they will not be out of action for very long at all. More on this later as it
becomes available.

Risestar
The Pirates Den
http://www.pirateden.com/den

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 7:18:45 PM10/27/00
"Risestar" <rise...@direct.ca> wrote in message

> Raided yes, RCMP, no.
>
> From the Pirates Den:
>
> This just in. Many other sites have also reported that North-Sat
Technologies
> was raided yesterday, we have confirmed it. However, the RCMP or Revenue
Canada
> is apparently not involved, as was speculated on some other sites, rather
it
> appears to be a civil Anton Pillar order issued by Bell Expressvu, L.P.,
and
> News Data Systems. Apparently it was simply court-appointed sheriffs that
were
> seen, rather than RCMP. An Anton Pillar order is a rarely issued,
one-sided
> civil order where a plantiff that claims is being damaged by the actions
of
> another individual can apply to seize and record evidence for a future
civil
> court proceeding. It is likely that this is just a setback for North-Sat,
and
> they will not be out of action for very long at all. More on this later
as it
> becomes available.

What is your definition of confirmation? Ten other people say it is the
case, so it is the case? I have seen rumors spread as fact in a matter of
hours. Only before they were rumors, they were "confirmed facts". Besides
which, a court order executed late in the evening? Not usually done in a
case which is not a threat to public safety, or there is reason to assume
flight, or destruction of evidence.

First off, an Anton pillar order is an order of search and seizure, not an
application of such. As you stated these things are not given out willy
nilly (or is that silly willy...ahh who cares), and they also have been
issued in criminal cases prior to the laying of charges. For "them" to get
such an order (if that is what happened), they would have to be able to
prove damages. Expressvu would have one hell of a time proving damages
against North-Sat altering DTV cards, and you did say it was a conjunctive
measure. DTV would have to prove ownership of the cards, in which case they
could claim that they altered private property. However, I don't see either
of these two scenarios enough to get a court to issue such an order, and how
ExpressVu factors into this order is beyond understanding.

So, given this "confirmed fact" what is the exact nature of this Anton
Pillar order?

PS - I wonder how Anton Pillar feels having an order named after him. He
must be a proud daddy.

dude

Oct 27, 2000, 7:47:51 PM10/27/00
Not to step on anybodys toe's but i should have posted the raid i seen was
taking place at fast eddie's residence (my apologies)but as for RCMP not
being involved ,yes they were there, just spoke with a reliable source from
the same area ,rcmp special investigations from toronto,sheriffs and nds
people were all involved,the sheriffs were the one's seen at NST''S place of
business.

dude

"Risestar" <rise...@direct.ca> wrote in message

Risestar

Oct 27, 2000, 8:05:52 PM10/27/00
umm...confirmed court filed documentation maybe...

Barry Cran

Oct 27, 2000, 8:24:54 PM10/27/00

Risestar wrote:

> umm...confirmed court filed documentation maybe...

Cool... Can you scan it so we can see it?

Pablo Helpless

Oct 27, 2000, 8:29:59 PM10/27/00
Their website is down!

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 9:17:23 PM10/27/00

> umm...confirmed court filed documentation maybe...

I don't think so. I now know the person behind this rumor (note even he
claims its a rumor), and people believe him because they are usually more
naive then he is, and will believe anything. I guess when you are dealing in
rumors, you can't cover all the fantasies to make it sound plausible.
Following is the quote of a post probably spreading this bullshit like
wildfire. If this is an Anton Pillar order, then your facts (rumor) are
lacking in the actual knowledge as to what an Anton Pillar order is. BTW, I
find it interesting that they didn't apply for a Mareva order, do they plan
on laying criminal charges? Perhaps you can explain to me how Bell ExpressVu
factors into this.

"Hi Everyone,
I heard a very reliable rumor that it was an "Anton piller" order by
MacKenzie and NOT Rev Can (CCRA) at all but IF that is true, (and I believe
it is) whom is it on behalf of? It was NOT able to get that info."--TTRK

Note the word rumor. Note the fact that he has no clue as to what an Anton
Pillar order is. An Anton Pillar order is on behalf of an entity who is
claiming intellectual property infringement.

"Remember that MacKenzie represents, at various times D T V , N D S, B E V,
WIC and who knows who else. So this could be on behalf of a wide variety of
people if it is an Anton piller. That should be fairly EASY to have reversed
if they allege a RC Act offence."--TTRK

Well, first off an Anton Pillar order is an order of search and seizure to
gather and protect evidence of intellectual property infringement. That
infringement could either be criminal or civil in nature depending on the
event. So it can't be for "who knows who". If it is an Anton Pillar order
then it's either for BEV - and an intellectual property infringement against
them, or DTV/NDS - and in intellectual property infringement against them.
Not both. At least not both in one order, and I had no idea that North-Sat
was altering BEV Cards, to be served an Anton Pillar order on their behalf.

"Remember that in an Anton Piller order, the defendant does not even address
the court until after the raid has taken place. He knows NOTHING about it
until the actual raid as its a totally "one-sided" procedure, usually taken
by COWARDS who like telling only their side of the story without
opposition."--TTRK

The Anton Pillar order is to gather and protect evidence on intellectual
property infringement, which could otherwise be destroyed if the individual
knows about it.

"And did they tell the justice of the Peace that the 'Anton Piller' against
CanAm was overturned and that overturning was upheld by the Appeals court. I
highly doubt that as its a totally one sided procedure, often favored by
COWARDS. If its overturned later, hell much of the damage has been done
already."--TTRK

The Norsat international case had to do with the selling of american DTH
satellite service using US postal addresses to get programming for
Canadians. That case was filed by BEV, in no way would they get an Anton
Pillar order, the very nature of such an order makes this one of the most
idiotic things I have ever heard. Not to mention that there is no mention in
the court documents of such an order, nor could I find such an application
in an online search of court documents of such an application.

"One of the problems is that we do not know if this was taken under the
Radiocommunications act (where it should easily be rejected) or are they
trying some new nonsence and on behalf of WHOM? When we know that then the
reality can begin to emerge."--TTRK

Yeah, the reality can emerge alright.

"So please stop these rampant rumors as I am sure that the truth will emerge
when people get time. The first days after a raid are VERY BUSY for the
defendant who's main duty is to try to MITIGATE the damage and get his legal
team together to fight it."--TTRK

Yeah, only your rumors should run rampant.

"I am SURE this was a MacKenzie taken "Anton Piller" so it is NOT Rev Can
(CCRA) or the RCMP. More than that, I do not know but lets keep the
speculation down if possible."--TTRK

Yeah, lets keep it to unsubstantiated rumor, and incorrect information.

"If it is the Anton piller order I think then Eddie will probably be under a
"GAG ORDER" so please do NOT exppect him to come here and post what is
happening. He would NOT be allowed to do that under the usual conditions of
the Anton Piller."--TTRK

You don't even know what an Anton Piller order, yet you know what the usual
conditions of the order are. Yeah, okay.

"And to the IDIOTS worrying about their cards today, there is MUCH MORE at
stake than a few cards. This is about RIGHTS and IMPROPER Actions that
REMOVE peoples RIGHTS, not stupid cards."--TTRK

Okay, we won't discuss the rights of the individuals who gave their hard
earned money along with their cards for a service, and may not see either
returned. I guess this is about the rights of a company charging for such a
service. This is not a case of John Q public who's charter of rights and
freedoms were trampled on. This is a case of a profiteer, and the actions
perpetrated against this profiteer have not proven to have taken away our
rights. When John Q publics rights are trampled on for having a hacked card,
or paying a subscription to exercise his freedoms, then I will lobby, but I
won't lobby for any corporate entity.

"WAKE UP!!!
To The REAL King!!"

So you wake up, and take some meds, maybe that little voice you talk to will
go away, and take you along with it.

DSS Buddha
Buddha, is always better then margarine!

Risestar

Oct 27, 2000, 9:22:30 PM10/27/00
I should have it available on my site a little later today...

Risestar

Oct 27, 2000, 9:39:16 PM10/27/00
Umm, no...

You want proof? http://www.pirateden.com/den/dssnews.html

Read what Northsat themselves state on todays news entry.

I don't post rumors or propaganda sucka...

This is CIVIL , not criminal, perhaps get your facts in order before opening
your mouth.

Risestar
The Pirates Den
http://www.pirateden.com/den

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 10:06:38 PM10/27/00

> Umm, no...
>
> You want proof? http://www.pirateden.com/den/dssnews.html
>
> Read what Northsat themselves state on todays news entry.
>
> I don't post rumors or propaganda sucka...

"If this is an Anton Pillar order, then your facts (rumor) are lacking in
the actual knowledge as to what an Anton Pillar order is." --Me

You obviously can't understand the English language either, fool. If you
knew what a "Anton Pillar" order was, you would know that the "facts" that
you have written (probably copied from TTRK) are bullshit. It can't be on
behalf of ExpressVu, so I guess when you scan it as you stated, you can show
that I am wrong and prove what you stated in your previous post (and I
quoted them for you). I never claimed it wasn't an Anton Pillar order. Think
you can understand the subtleties of those differences.

" rather it appears to be a civil Anton Pillar order issued by Bell

Expressvu, L.P., and News Data Systems."--Risestar

Now, why do I think you won't be posting on your site as you claim?

"I should have it available on my site a little later today..."--Risestar

> This is CIVIL , not criminal, perhaps get your facts in order before
opening
> your mouth.

You must really have a fucking comprehension problem. Maybe if you read it
over and over a few hundred time, your delusions of what you believe you
see, will go away for what is truly before your fucking eyes. One was a
statement of fact of possible actions, and one was a question. None were
statements of what IS being done. Think you can get that through your
fucking skull?

"That infringement could either be criminal or civil in nature depending on

the event."--Me

"BTW, I find it interesting that they didn't apply for a Mareva order, do

they plan on laying criminal charges?"--Me

Now golly gee Risestar, I wonder where I said it was criminal....Perhaps
sesame street can educate you in the comprehension skills you obviously
lack.

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 10:21:21 PM10/27/00

> Umm, no...
>
> You want proof? http://www.pirateden.com/den/dssnews.html
>
> Read what Northsat themselves state on todays news entry.
>
> I don't post rumors or propaganda sucka...

"If this is an Anton Pillar order, then your facts (rumor) are lacking in

the actual knowledge as to what an Anton Pillar order is." --Me

You obviously can't understand the English language either, fool. If you
knew what a "Anton Pillar" order was, you would know that the "facts" that
you have written (probably copied from TTRK) are bullshit. It can't be on
behalf of ExpressVu, so I guess when you scan it as you stated, you can show
that I am wrong and prove what you stated in your previous post (and I
quoted them for you). I never claimed it wasn't an Anton Pillar order. Think
you can understand the subtleties of those differences.

" rather it appears to be a civil Anton Pillar order issued by Bell

Expressvu, L.P., and News Data Systems."--Risestar

Now, why do I think you won't be posting on your site as you claim?

"I should have it available on my site a little later today..."--Risestar

> This is CIVIL , not criminal, perhaps get your facts in order before
opening
> your mouth.

You must really have a serious comprehension problem. Maybe if you read it

over and over a few hundred time, your delusions of what you believe you

see, will go away for what is truly before your eyes. One was a statement of

fact of possible actions, and one was a question. None were statements of

what IS being done. Think you can get that through your thick skull?

"That infringement could either be criminal or civil in nature depending on

the event."--Me

"BTW, I find it interesting that they didn't apply for a Mareva order, do

they plan on laying criminal charges?"--Me

Now golly gee Risestar, I wonder where I said it was criminal....Perhaps
sesame street can educate you in the comprehension skills you obviously
lack.

> Risestar

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 10:26:19 PM10/27/00

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 10:35:54 PM10/27/00
> Umm, no...
>
> You want proof? http://www.pirateden.com/den/dssnews.html
>
> Read what Northsat themselves state on todays news entry.
>
> I don't post rumors or propaganda sucka...

"If this is an Anton Pillar order, then your facts (rumor) are lacking in
the actual knowledge as to what an Anton Pillar order is." --Me

You obviously can't understand the English language either, fool. If you
knew what a "Anton Pillar" order was, you would know that the "facts" that
you have written (probably copied from TTRK) are bullshit. It can't be on
behalf of ExpressVu, so I guess when you scan it as you stated, you can show
that I am wrong and prove what you stated in your previous post (and I
quoted them for you). I never claimed it wasn't an Anton Pillar order. Think
you can understand the subtleties of those differences.

" rather it appears to be a civil Anton Pillar order issued by Bell

Expressvu, L.P., and News Data Systems."--Risestar

Now, why do I think you won't be posting on your site as you claim?

"I should have it available on my site a little later today..."--Risestar

> This is CIVIL , not criminal, perhaps get your facts in order before
opening
> your mouth.

You must really have a serious comprehension problem. Maybe if you read it
over and over a few hundred time, your delusions of what you believe you
see, will go away for what is truly before your eyes. One was a statement of
fact of possible actions, and one was a question. None were statements of
what IS being done. Think you can get that through your thick skull?

"That infringement could either be criminal or civil in nature depending on
the event."--Me
"BTW, I find it interesting that they didn't apply for a Mareva order, do
they plan on laying criminal charges?"--Me

Now golly gee Risestar, I wonder where I said it was criminal....Perhaps
sesame street can educate you in the comprehension skills you obviously
lack.

> Risestar

> The Pirates Den
> http://www.pirateden.com/den
>

> Steve wrote:
>
> > "Risestar" <rise...@direct.ca> wrote in message

> > > umm...confirmed court filed documentation maybe...

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 10:43:51 PM10/27/00
for some strange reason all my responses to you are being blocked. The only
ones that are coming through are ones labelled test with no message in the
body, and responses to others which I labelled test. So its not an issue of
size, but don't worry I will respond, one way or another. There must be some
keyword in the post which B*** is looking for and cancelling. Strange...

Risestar

Oct 27, 2000, 10:49:55 PM10/27/00
Dude,

Are you on glue or something? Have you been asleep for the past several years?
Have you read anythign before opening your mouth?

NOW READ THIS CAREFULLY...
---------------

My posts are NOT based on this post by TTRK, however yours are. Why do you try
and make believe that what TTRK posted in anyway relates to what I said other
than the fact that it shares a common subject? I am not TTRK, he is not me, so
what he posted is quite illrevelant

---------------

How does Bell Expressvu factor into this? Are they planning to lay criminal
charges?

Those are 2 of the questions that you asked. Firstly, Bell Expressvu are one of
the PLAINTIFFS. NDS is another PLANTIFF

They are private corporations, and since the RCMP or the CROWN was not
involved, this would make that a CIVIL matter. So, no criminal charges are not
at all likely. As they did against CAN-AM Satellites here in B.C., where they
again won an anton pillar and then it was overturned in court and all inventory
ordered returned.

-----------------------

A message from North-Sat himself:

Good evening.

It is important for me to clarify many of the 'rumours and speculation' going
on, however at this point in time I have been enjoined by MacKenzie Crawford
King, through an ex-parte injunction and anton pillar order.

Although I am restrained from discussing the specifics of what occurred, I don't
see anything wrong with saying what is WASN'T: It was NOT the RCMP, Revenue
Canada or ANY Governmental agency.

Rest assured that as the industry leaders in both technology and the law, we
will fight vigourously to protect Canadian Citizens rights in Canada to view
whatever programming from whatever country they choose.

At this I am further enjoined against soliciting or counselling people to do
anything related to Satellite TV, so please do not take any of my comments as a
solicitation or encouragement to do anything other than enjoy your freedom of
expression.

We will be in court first thing monday morning to deal with these issues. I will
update as soon as this gag order is lifted.

I am wondering if anyone knows how to contact Peck on the weekend, as I am
curious if he could clear his Monday schedule and join the North Sat 'Dream
Team'.
__________________

Thank You.
North Sat Technologies
...the leader in technology...

You will now no doubt conclude that North-Sat themselves is also dispensing
unfound rumours about themselves perhaps?

As I said, I don't post rumours sucka...

Risestar
The Pirates Den
http://www.pirateden.com/den

Steve wrote:

> You obviously can't understand the English language either, fool. If you
> knew what a "Anton Pillar" order was, you would know that the "facts" that
> you have written (probably copied from TTRK) are bullshit. It can't be on
> behalf of ExpressVu, so I guess when you scan it as you stated, you can show
> that I am wrong and prove what you stated in your previous post (and I
> quoted them for you). I never claimed it wasn't an Anton Pillar order. Think
> you can understand the subtleties of those differences.
>

> You must really have a fucking comprehension problem. Maybe if you read it
> over and over a few hundred time, your delusions of what you believe you
> see, will go away for what is truly before your fucking eyes. One was a
> statement of fact of possible actions, and one was a question. None were
> statements of what IS being done. Think you can get that through your
> fucking skull?

Risestar

Oct 27, 2000, 11:03:00 PM10/27/00
For your records...

An anton pillar is usually used to gather evidence for a future attempt at a
civil injunction...

The curious Anton Pillar order, named after the company that first successfully
argued for powers of search to be issued without warning so that goods could not
be spirited away, becomes just a search order"

----

"In acting against copyright "piracy", plaintiff copyright owners may seek an
Anton Pillar (24) order. This amounts to a private (in the sense that it is not
executed by the Police or other public authority) search and seizure order. The
plaintiff applies to the court ex parte and receives an order permitting it to
make a surprise raid on the defendant's premises to search for and to seize
infringing copies and other evidence of infringement. "

----

"If you are commencing, or are already involved in, litigation, and you have
proof that can persuade a judge that the other party may destroy evidence, you
may be able to obtain an Anton Pillar Order, which is a private search warrant
allowing you to seize evidence"

--------

Mareva injunction which is taken in the Supreme Court and in which a defendant
is prohibited from selling or otherwise transferring property until the law suit
is concluded. This is a very exceptional remedy and requires evidence of a very
strong risk that the assets could disappear if the court did not grant the
Mareva injunction.

----------

Bagwell

Oct 27, 2000, 11:17:26 PM10/27/00
Risestar,

I wouldn't waste the calories on this guy...at least until he figures out
how to post messages on a newsgroup without flooding.

Bags

P.S. Keep up the good work on one of the most respected forums in this
hobby.

"Risestar" <rise...@direct.ca> wrote in message

: Dude,

: >
: >
:

Steve

Oct 27, 2000, 11:52:24 PM10/27/00
"Bagwell" <w...@where.com> wrote in message

> Risestar,
>
> I wouldn't waste the calories on this guy...at least until he figures out
> how to post messages on a newsgroup without flooding.

Sorry about that, they were not showing up as being posted on this end,
while my test messages were. Strange thing is that they were not even being
shown as read, which is the first thing I checked.

> Bags

Steve

Oct 28, 2000, 12:58:07 AM10/28/00
"Spacemonkey Gleep" <Ficti...@Dont.Bother.Its.invalid> wrote in message

> Please, guys... Have we learned nothing from the Crusher/DeeEssEss
> imbroglio? It takes two or more to have a flamewar.
>
> Until we get the full story, which NEITHER of you has, as evidenced by
> your own statements thus far, why hold a pissing contest over it?
>
> Which one of you is going to prove himself the posessor of the higher
> intelligence by walking away from this one right here, right now?

Fine I will walk away, but I still want to see if that Anton Pillar order
gets posted on Risestars site as he claims he will. Yes, posting what you
believe as fact, does not make it so, and neither does trying to change what
you said by cutting out statements you yourself have made....but I will walk
away, but not so far away that I can't see that Anton Pillar order that will
not be posted.

> --
> GLEEEEEP!!!!

Risestar

Oct 28, 2000, 12:59:52 AM10/28/00
Fortunately, I have accepted morons as part of the human race and so their
babblings don't bother me...

People have been posting unfounded rumours for a couple days now and so I
spend a little time finding out EXACTLY what IS happening and then the bozos
come out.

Bozos like steve, are the reason people leave, make no mistake about that.
they leave for places where bozos are banned when they get outta line.

Spacemonkey Gleep wrote:

> In article <39FA3DEE...@direct.ca>, Risestar <rise...@direct.ca>
> wrote:
>
> : Dude,

> :
> : Are you on glue or something? Have you been asleep for the past several
>

> <chop rest>

> Please, guys... Have we learned nothing from the Crusher/DeeEssEss
> imbroglio? It takes two or more to have a flamewar.
>
> Until we get the full story, which NEITHER of you has, as evidenced by
> your own statements thus far, why hold a pissing contest over it?
>
> Which one of you is going to prove himself the posessor of the higher
> intelligence by walking away from this one right here, right now?
>

> --
> GLEEEEEP!!!!

Risestar

Oct 28, 2000, 1:01:59 AM10/28/00
I will post it as soon as I have a digital copy.

It is fact. Believe it.

Steve

Oct 28, 2000, 1:03:51 AM10/28/00

> I will post it as soon as I have a digital copy.
>
> It is fact. Believe it.

Just give me a shout when it's up.

Steve

Oct 28, 2000, 1:27:11 AM10/28/00
I have walked away. This is more fact

I find this hilarious, this came 20 minutes after TTRK posted asking two
guys on North-sat's forum where do they came from (I guess he was implying
they were stupid), and that the the site will not go down. The response was
to one who stated this morning that the site would probably be down within
24 hours, and the other one asked what to do when the site goes down.

Temporarily offline
This website has been taken offline pending a review of a
massive pile of paper served on our internet service provider
by Crawford, McKenzie, McLean & Wilford pursuant to a statement
of claim and interim order.

It should be noted that this should NOT be construed as an
opinion on the merits of the case, but is simply a temporary
measure taken pending clarification of the order by the court

Putonio

Oct 28, 2000, 1:35:36 AM10/28/00
Hey Steve,

Please back off and don't pull a Crusher on us. Arguing over trivia
obscures the bigger issues. The truth will come out shortly.
Risestar is well respected, and has great intregity. This is not
meant to flame you or antagonize you, Steve.

Respectfully,
Putonio

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 02:26:19 GMT, "Steve" <***********@******.com>

Risestar

Oct 28, 2000, 3:07:35 AM10/28/00
You, sir are an idiot.

This is a supplementry news post on my ecm reports:

------------------

An update to the North-Sat situation. It seems that in addition to an Anton
Pillar Order, which allowed agents from Bell Expressvu and News Data Systems to
enter the premises of North-Sat Technologies, they were also slapped with an
"Ex-Parte" civil injunction until such time as a ruling is heard on the
matter. I might add that the Anton Pillar Order is also an "Ex-Parte" order,
meaning that it is a one-sided decision, granted by a justice of the peace
where Bell Expressvu and News Data Systems would plead only their side of the
story and North-Sat was not allowed to defend himself prior to the order and
injunction being served. This absolutely sickens me and I have also heard that
the reasons for granting the order may have been equally one-sided, where any
dissenting judgements that would not in in favor of the order being granted,
may have been ommitted. This, in my opinion is an absolutely disgusting abuse
of process and not only extremely un-ethical, but it may not have even been
fully legal. Especially in a case like this where North-Sat was not even
entitled to any defense.

I am told that first thing on Monday morning, North-Sat will be in court to
fight this. Until that time, an injunction is in effect for them, meaning they
are legally prevented from conducting business. In addition, I am also told
that a gag order is in effect which prevents North-Sat from even discussing the
details. This, by far is one of the most outragous acts yet. I might also add
that the law firm representing Bell Expressvu AND News Data Systems is the same
firm that has been hassling this and other sites in Canada in recent weeks.

Let us all hope that North-Sat is able to kick some legal ass on Monday.

--------

Risestar
The Pirates Den
http://www.pirateden.com/den

Steve

Oct 28, 2000, 11:26:18 AM10/28/00

> You, sir are an idiot.

Taking cheap shots at me after I walked away? It's morning, where can we
find the scanned document you stated would be on your site later today (as
in yesterday evening).

Steve

Oct 28, 2000, 11:46:08 AM10/28/00

> You, sir are an idiot.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/WinnipegNews/05n3.html

"RCMP spokesman Sgt. Steve Saunders said Mounties participated Thursday in a
joint operation with the provincial Sheriff's office, who were "under a
specific authority in relation to satellite dishes." "

Would you care to explain this. You told me the RCMP wasn't involved. Is
this the way you report the facts, as you so call them? Do you have any clue
about the law, or about court procedures? I suggest you stop reporting the
"facts", your facts are blowing up in your face.

Charged with trafficking too. This makes a great case for a charter of
rights violation, doesn't it?

Where is the scan of the document?
-----

> Dude,

> Those are 2 of the questions that you asked. Firstly, Bell Expressvu are
one of
> the PLAINTIFFS. NDS is another PLANTIFF
>
> They are private corporations, and since the RCMP or the CROWN was not
> involved, this would make that a CIVIL matter. So, no criminal charges
are not
> at all likely. As they did against CAN-AM Satellites here in B.C., where
they
> again won an anton pillar and then it was overturned in court and all
inventory
> ordered returned.

-------

tere...@my-deja.com

Oct 28, 2000, 12:42:51 PM10/28/00
I copied this from today's (Saturday) Winnipeg Free Press:
--------
Businessman charged after raids

Sat., Oct. 28, 2000

By Kevin Rollason

A Winnipeg businessman already facing charges of selling black-market
satellite dishes had all of his store's equipment and customer records
seized during a raid yesterday.

As well, Dean Michael Love was charged with drug offenses and
possession of the proceeds of crime after a raid of his Henderson
Highway residence on Thursday found both marijuana and more than
$100,000 in American and Canadian currencies.

RCMP spokesman Sgt. Steve Saunders said RCMP officers were outside the
businessman's residence when sheriff's officers, armed with a Court of
Queen's Bench civil court order, told them they'd stumbled onto 45
plastic bags containing marijuana.

Saunders said when RCMP officers went inside, they also found the cash.

Meanwhile, sheriff's officers, armed with the same civil court order,
yesterday swooped into Love's business, Northern Satellite
Technologies, at C-451 Henderson Hwy., and carted off all the satellite
dishes, equipment, and company records inside.

But Love's lawyer Tim Killeen said both he and his client were
surprised by the raid and seizure and will be fighting the civil motion
in court on Monday.

Killeen said the civil court action was initiated by Bell ExpressVu, a
satellite television provider, and NDS, a United Kingdom-based company
providing equipment to protect satellite programming from being
unscrambled by non-subscribers.

He said the two companies were able to persuade Mr. Justice Walter
Darichuk--without Love or his lawyer knowing about the motion--to issue
the order allowing the seizure of all of Love's assets and records.

------------
Teresa

The best DSS forum on the 'Net: http://www.speedsdss.com

In article <DX8K5.996$ae5....@news1.mts.net>,

"dude" <du...@mb.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> just happen to live close by ,looks like a massive raid by r.c.m.p
going on.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Zip

Oct 28, 2000, 1:42:09 PM10/28/00

<tere...@my-deja.com> wrote

> He said the two companies were able to persuade Mr. Justice Walter
> Darichuk--without Love or his lawyer knowing about the motion--to issue
> the order allowing the seizure of all of Love's assets and records.

Is this Nazi Germany they're talking about? Communist China?
No?

CANADA?
WTF?

Even the US is better than that! ;-0
Zip

John

Oct 28, 2000, 3:02:18 PM10/28/00
If our liberal government has it's way it will be called Communist
Canada. They even are trying to control freedom of speech!

On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 13:42:09 -0400, "Zip" <szi...@mia.bellsouth.net>

Keith Medcalf

Oct 28, 2000, 3:12:47 PM10/28/00
On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 01:17:23 GMT, "Steve" <***********@******.com> wrote:

>Well, first off an Anton Pillar order is an order of search and seizure to
>gather and protect evidence of intellectual property infringement. That
>infringement could either be criminal or civil in nature depending on the
>event. So it can't be for "who knows who". If it is an Anton Pillar order
>then it's either for BEV - and an intellectual property infringement against
>them, or DTV/NDS - and in intellectual property infringement against them.
>Not both. At least not both in one order, and I had no idea that North-Sat
>was altering BEV Cards, to be served an Anton Pillar order on their behalf.

>"Remember that in an Anton Piller order, the defendant does not even address
>the court until after the raid has taken place. He knows NOTHING about it
>until the actual raid as its a totally "one-sided" procedure, usually taken
>by COWARDS who like telling only their side of the story without
>opposition."--TTRK

>The Anton Pillar order is to gather and protect evidence on intellectual
>property infringement, which could otherwise be destroyed if the individual
>knows about it.

>"And did they tell the justice of the Peace that the 'Anton Piller' against
>CanAm was overturned and that overturning was upheld by the Appeals court. I
>highly doubt that as its a totally one sided procedure, often favored by
>COWARDS. If its overturned later, hell much of the damage has been done
>already."--TTRK

Anton Pillar orders can be used in Civil Matters other than intellectual
property matters. They must be obtained on motion without notice *after*
issuing the Statement of Claim and *before* it is served. The motion must
be made to a Section 96 (High Court -- Superiour Court Judge exercizing
Civil Jurisdiction over both Common Law and Equity matters) Judge (not a
local Judge) either in chambers or at sittings, or to a Justice of the Court
of Appeal for the Province in which the order is sought. Of course,
procedural safeguards may be lesser in other Provinces than they are in
Ontario.

In any case, once the order is made, it is a matter of public record, as are
all the other "documents" in the proceeding. They can be obtained by ANYONE
who attends at the registry office and requisitions the file for inspection.

DishDude

Oct 28, 2000, 3:36:33 PM10/28/00

Apparently you have never heard what the US government can do under the
RICO statute, or through IRS 'regulatory powers'. :)

Rick

DishDude

Oct 28, 2000, 3:36:49 PM10/28/00

Apparently you have never heard what the US government can do under the

Keith Medcalf

Oct 28, 2000, 4:50:29 PM10/28/00

But only because your government exempts itself from the RICO statute. Such
an exemption would be fatal to such a statute in any Province of Canada (and
the Federal Government cannot pass a RICO type statute, only the Provinces
can -- Property and Civil Rights are matters of exclusive Provincial
Jurisdiction, not Federal jurisdiction).

Ontario plans to enact a RICO type statute early next year, which will be
applicable to both the Government of Ontario and the Government of Canada
and all their assets and actions within the Province.

mElmo

Oct 28, 2000, 3:02:53 AM10/28/00
Might just be a bullshit filter doint its job.

"Steve" <***********@******.com> wrote in message

thesatguy

Oct 28, 2000, 9:42:58 PM10/28/00
Their discussion groups are still up though.

"Steve" <***********@******.com> wrote in message

DISHBOY

Oct 28, 2000, 10:08:33 PM10/28/00
These people got what they deserve. Pitifully slow service. I hope they
keep their stuff for months. Send them to the slammer for a few years and
let them bend over for a few of those aboriginal bucks!

RCCS

Oct 28, 2000, 10:19:49 PM10/28/00
You are a very short sighted individual.
Marcus

on Sat, 28 Oct 2000 21:08:33 -0500, "DISHBOY" <mr_up...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>These people got what they deserve. Pitifully slow service. I hope they
>keep their stuff for months. Send them to the slammer for a few years and
>let them bend over for a few of those aboriginal bucks!

Marcus

RCCS
Card Cleaning Services
www.go.to/rccs
http://rccs.i.am/
Racecr...@aol.com

*** Note: This email or news group message should have been posted
via a Bell Atlantic (Verizon) DSL connection and Internet account.
But since Verizon has such lousy customer service,the DSL line is now
45 days past the installation date Verizon promised. ***

DISHBOY

Oct 28, 2000, 10:33:53 PM10/28/00
You're right. I think I need new glasses.

Steve

Oct 29, 2000, 1:06:21 AM10/29/00
"RCCS" <Mar...@idt.net> wrote in message

> You are a very short sighted individual.
> Marcus

In what sense?

Risestar

Oct 29, 2000, 3:37:43 AM10/29/00
In no sense, just like you make no sense steve,

You two should be married, you are 2 peas of a pod

If indeed ignorance is bliss, then you should make for a very, happy
couple.

WhoGoesThere

Oct 29, 2000, 10:40:07 AM10/29/00
The cutting edge in the quest to hack HU and you want them in jail.
You may want to think before you post. I don't support their ways, but
do support their work which will eventually end up here.