Drabble: Vampire Thread

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Apr 15, 2007, 6:07:24 PM4/15/07
Vampire Thread

The Haemovore rose. "I live again," she muttered, "How?" she
asked herself, remembering the Ancient One dismissing her life
force, before she could rise.

"With my help," came the response. She turned, and saw a
saturnine, bearded man.

"I have resurrected you to perform a simple task for me. After
that you are free to do whatever you will. The last
Haemovore," He grimaced, "An ugly word. Latin and Greek roots.
Sanguivore would be more appropriate, but it doesn't exactly
trip off the tongue. Plasmavore, perhaps."

The being who had once been Nurse Crane smiled. Plasmavore it
was, then.

(As you may have noticed, the "Appearances Deceive" challenge
has got me thinking about casting coincidences, even if not
all of the resultant stories fit the challenge...)

--
Dave
Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc