Time Agents (drabble)

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Oct 10, 2008, 8:54:46 AM10/10/08
(Contains SPOILERS for "Kiss, Kiss Bang, Bang")

"Have you wondered," John Hart said, "what the Agency was thinking
partnering us up? We're pretty bad for each other."

"Because we're supposed to be scanning for zeta emissions, but instead you
dragged me to a Chelonian strip-club?"

"I don't remember you needing dragged, Jack, but yeah."

"I figure they're tired of us driving the other agents nuts."

John laughed, "Probably. When I saw you with your last partner, he looked
on the point of snapping."

"The guy had no sense of humour. He's on some special mission now." Jack
raised his glass, "Best of luck, Daniels, whenever you are."

DISCLAIMERS:
Doctor Who property of the BBC
Star Trek: Enterprise property of Paramount

--
Dave
So I looked, and behold, a pale horse.

Paul Gadzikowski

Oct 17, 2008, 10:03:46 AM10/17/08
Daniels said his agency was based only about a thousand years from
now. He named the century, and I forget exactly when it was, but it
was late twenties or at the latest early thirties (I could probably
look it up in my own fanfiction if I were inclined). You could,
however, argue with me that that was an only operations base for the
Temporal Cold War, like the Eighth U.S. Army in Korea was based in
Seoul.

I laughed before I nitpicked.

Paul Gadzikowski, scar...@iglou.com
http://arthurkingoftimeandspace.com New cartoons daily
http://webcomicsnation.com/pgadzikowski/3faces/ Fanfiction cartoons

"Don't do anything heroic, Barbara! Think of the paperwork."

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Oct 17, 2008, 11:20:04 AM10/17/08
On 17 Oct 2008, Paul Gadzikowski <scar...@iglou.com> wrote:

> Daniels said his agency was based only about a thousand years from
> now. He named the century, and I forget exactly when it was, but it
> was late twenties or at the latest early thirties (I could probably
> look it up in my own fanfiction if I were inclined). You could,
> however, argue with me that that was an only operations base for the
> Temporal Cold War, like the Eighth U.S. Army in Korea was based in
> Seoul.

Memory Alpha (which I have in my favourites folder, and didn't think of
checking until *afterwards*) says 31st. It also specifies this as
Daniels' home timeframe, not just somewhere he's been posted.

But using time periods as locations is always tricky. Maybe the Agency
was founded in the 31st century and survived for two millennia, until
Jack joined. So to Daniels it's based in the 31st century, but for Jack
it's based in the 51st. And the nature of the organisation means that
this doesn't preclude them being partnered. Or something.

> I laughed before I nitpicked.

Glad you liked it.

My own nitpick with my own story is the disclaimer: as a Jack'n'John
story, it should of course refer to Torchwood, not DW.