Assignment: X

1 view

Daibhid Ceannaideach

Mar 15, 2004, 10:40:08 AM3/15/04
This is very silly, and strictly speaking has no Doctor WHo content whatsoever,
but I couldn't resist:

Assignment: X

Steve Taylor and Susan Walker were eating breakfast. Steve looked through the
post, and saw one letter with a BBC stamp on it. He tore it open, and shouted
"Yes!"

"What is it?" asked Susan.

"Well, you know my writing career..." Steve began.

"You send half-thought out sitcom ideas to the BBC, and once wrote a short
story based on a children's sci-fi series. I'd hardly call that a career."

"It was two short stories, actually," retorted Steve. "They just didn't use the
second one. And Colonel X isn't just a children's sci-fi series."

"He's right, you know," said Jeff, who'd arrived half an hour ago to get a lift
from Susan, and had been sitting on the couch watching GMTV ever since. "People
think Colonel X fans are all saddoes with no lives, but I always liked it."

"Yes, thank you, Jeff," said Steve, "The point is, they're making a new series.
And the head scriptwriter told me at a convention that he'd seen my story, and
the stuff I sent to the Beeb, and been impressed. And this," he held up the
letter proudly, "is an official letter of acceptance from Mr Davies!"

"Mr Davies?"

"Fraser Davies, the writer I spoke to."

"Well, if that makes you happy, I'm happy for you. Especially if it means
you're going to stop trying to sell that sitcom based on our relationship."

--
Dave
The Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc