Drabble: Sword in the Stone

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Nov 23, 2006, 6:24:05 AM11/23/06
For the Crossed Swords challenge.

Sword in the Stone.

"There!" the Doctor said, "It's made of an alloy your people
haven't discovered, so it'll be pretty impressive."

The young warrior took the sword. "Shiny."

"Just for now. It needs to look good for the demo. While I'm
hoping you won't actually have to use it much, the important
thing is it's *sharp*. It'll keep that edge through anything."

The warrior swung at a rock, to see if it dulled the blade.
Then he stared.

The Doctor grinned. "Cirune, if putting a sword through a
stone doesn't convince people you're the true King of Ankh, I
don't know what will."

Doctor Who owned by the BBC.
Discworld owned by Terry Pratchett.

--
Dave
Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc

BKWillis

Nov 25, 2006, 7:54:12 PM11/25/06

<Daibhid Ceanaideach wrote:>

> For the Crossed Swords challenge.
>
> Sword in the Stone.

<snip>

I'm not that familiar with 'Discworld', but I know enough to context the
punchline of this one. Very nice, Daibhid.

BKWillis

--

"He was a man born out of his time -- a strange blending of Puritan and
Cavalier... a knight errant in the somber clothes of a fanatic."

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Nov 26, 2006, 7:21:13 AM11/26/06
The time: 26 Nov 2006. The place: alt.drwho.creative. The
speaker: "BKWillis" <wil...@hiwaay.net>

> <Daibhid Ceanaideach wrote:>
>
>> For the Crossed Swords challenge.
>>
>> Sword in the Stone.
>>
> <snip>
>
> I'm not that familiar with 'Discworld', but I know enough
> to context the punchline of this one. Very nice, Daibhid.

Thanks. Glad to know I'm managing to write crossovers that
don't hinge on knowing the source material as well 8-).