Lazarus Unbound (drabble-and-a-half)

Daibhid Ceanaideach

May 6, 2007, 11:38:46 AM5/6/07
Lazarus Unbound

"Where are we now?" Lethbrige-Stewart asked, as they left the
TARDIS.

"London," the Doctor said, "about ten years after your time,
Alistair."

The retired soldier looked around, "Hasn't changed much," he
said.

"What were you expecting? It's only 2008. Anyway..." he
stopped.

"Alistair," he said quietly, "Do you see what I see?"

In the window of an electronic goods shop, beneath a sign
reading "Special sale - two for joy!", a bank of TVs showed
News24. The image behind the newsreader looked very familiar.

Lethbridge-Stewart blinked, "Good God! It's the Master!"

But when the image cut to a still of the same man looking
about ninety, the Doctor relaxed. "It's just someone who
*looks* like the Master. Happens all the time."

"Are you sure?" the Brigadier asked.

"Well, if you like, we could go and meet him. But I can
guarantee we won't find weird experiments that destroy
people's humanity."

--
Dave
Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc