Battle of the Daleks

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Mar 20, 2009, 9:37:26 PM3/20/09
Battle of the Daleks

The two Special Space Security agents looked over the hill at the Dalek
outpost.

"Did you call for back up?" asked Vyon.

"Yes." Cory replied. "I asked for the agent you mentioned by name." He
looked up. "That must be him now."

A SSS shuttle landed near them. The hatch opened and out came a small,
cylindrical robot, that looked vaguely like one in an 20th century
science-fiction film Vyon had seen once.

In a voice reminiscent of the *other* robot from the film, he said "Oh,
dear! I'm not designed for fieldwork. When I was with G-Force I just
stayed in the control room..."

"You fool, Cory!" Vyon said angrily. "I asked you to request top robot
agent *Mark* Seven!"

DISCLAIMERS
Doctor Who characters are the property of the BBC
Mark Seven and the Daleks are the property of the Terry Nation Estate
7-Zark-7 is *probably* the property of Sandy Frank Entertainment

--
Dave
"All those with psychokinesis, raise my hand."

vj

Mar 21, 2009, 6:00:22 AM3/21/09
Aha! Cartoon crossovers... :-) (If I could remember any beyond
vague: Silly helmets, squeaking person and Scary Baddie from battle of
the Planets, I'd say something more.)

;-D

Helen

Mar 21, 2009, 4:00:14 PM3/21/09

"vj" <vje...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Aha! Cartoon crossovers... :-) (If I could remember any beyond
> vague: Silly helmets, squeaking person and Scary Baddie from battle of
> the Planets, I'd say something more.)

Thankfully, after seeing the original Gatchaman at long last, BotP is now a
fading bad memory... ;-P But someone HAD to remind me, didn't they?? <thwap>
(BTW- is it just me who sees Eric Roberts' performance in the TVM and thinks
of Berg Katse?? ;-P)

Besides, the Xmas special seemed to be channeling Mazinger Z, so we have a
precendent!!

It does, as Brad will know, also work the other way... Space Pirate Captain
Harlock (1978) contains something that can only be described as a green
sontaran... and Cyberman analogues seem to be rife in 70's anime for some
reason...<g> Bluetits and milk-bottle tops...

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Mar 22, 2009, 1:46:42 PM3/22/09
On 21 Mar 2009, "Helen" <thirteen.w...@tntlworld.com> wrote:

> "vj" <vje...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> ..
>> Aha! Cartoon crossovers... :-) (If I could remember any beyond
>> vague: Silly helmets, squeaking person and Scary Baddie from battle
>> of the Planets, I'd say something more.)
>>
> Thankfully, after seeing the original Gatchaman at long last, BotP is
> now a fading bad memory... ;-P But someone HAD to remind me, didn't
> they?? <thwap>

I apologise. I was reading the DWM article about Nation's plans for
turning The Dalek Outer Space Book into a TV series, and I suddenly
thought "What does the name Mark Seven remind me of?" And once I
realised, I *had* to write a story about it...