Drabble: Ministerial Interest

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Dec 8, 2006, 7:02:20 AM12/8/06
Ministerial Interest

"...And so," Jonathan Creek concluded, "I realised the poison
was added to the bottle *before it was sealed*, and the
poisoner took special steps to ensure it arrived here, adding
the antidote to the lemon cake, so no-one else would be
affected."

Around the table five humans were hanging on his every word,
anxious to know who murdered UNIT's civilian head. Only the
Time Lord looked bored.

"And who both worked at the winery *and* knew Sir Robert was
allergic to lemons? Only his son-in-law!"

The Minister of Chance shook his head. "I'm sorry, Jonathan,
but that is far too *obvious*..."

(Inspired, of course, by John Elliott's Stephen Fry
crossovers)

--
Dave
Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc

John Elliott

Dec 8, 2006, 2:27:28 PM12/8/06
Daibhid Ceanaideach <daibhidc...@aol.com> wrote:
: The Minister of Chance shook his head. "I'm sorry, Jonathan,
: but that is far too *obvious*..."

The Minister as QiMaster. That is such a brilliant idea I'm going to have
to st^H^H adapt it myself.

Drabble: Ministerial Infraction

The three of them looked up once more at the grim fortress.

"I'm sure that with this young lady's help I'll be able to distract the
guards," agreed the Minister, glancing at Peri.

The Doctor had nearly reached the top of the wall when the Minister's
distraction became obvious. The air was filled with the wailing of klaxons
and multicoloured lights flickered across the ancient flagstones. As the
Doctor topped the wall and dashed across the courtyard, no defender saw him;
every eye in the castle was staring at the sky, where GEORGE WASHINGTON was
written in words of fire.

--
John Elliott

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Dec 8, 2006, 6:27:19 PM12/8/06
The time: 08 Dec 2006. The place: alt.drwho.creative. The
speaker: John Elliott <j...@seasip.demon.co.uk>

> Daibhid Ceanaideach <daibhidc...@aol.com> wrote:
>: The Minister of Chance shook his head. "I'm sorry,
>: Jonathan, but that is far too *obvious*..."
>
> The Minister as QiMaster. That is such a brilliant idea
> I'm going to have
> to st^H^H adapt it myself.

Brilliant. Who *was* the first President, again?

William December Starr

Dec 23, 2006, 7:42:51 PM12/23/06
In article <0becle...@seasip.demon.co.uk>,
John Elliott <j...@seasip.demon.co.uk> said:

> The Doctor had nearly reached the top of the wall when the
> Minister's distraction became obvious. The air was filled with the
> wailing of klaxons and multicoloured lights flickered across the
> ancient flagstones. As the Doctor topped the wall and dashed
> across the courtyard, no defender saw him; every eye in the castle

> was staring at the sky, where <spoiler_word1> <spoiler_word2> was

> written in words of fire.

Cute, but I might have gone for OBVIOUS DISTRACTION myself.

-- wds