Challenge double drabble: Recurring Appearances

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Apr 15, 2007, 5:33:05 PM4/15/07
Recurring Appearances
Written for the Appearances Deceive challenge

"I still don't like it, Romana," the Doctor insisted, "Taking
the form of another person like that. I know you say it's a
tribute to Princess Astra, but..."

"Doctor," Romana said, thoughtfully, "If you recall, it turned
out my first incarnation, purely by coincidence, was *also*
identical to a princess."

"Well, yes, but I don't see..."

"And you told me that your first incarnation was mistaken for
a sixteenth century Abbot, and your second was able to pass as
a megalomaniacal politician?"

"I remember but..."

"And you also told me that some of your previous associates
seemed to resemble people you met before or since."

"Yes," This was particularly true with UNIT, where he had
often had real trouble telling some of the soldiers apart, but
was an oddity he'd been aware of ever since he'd realised
Steven Taylor resembled that American chap.

"It seems to me," Romana concluded, "that the chances would be
rather high my new incarnation would resemble someone else
whatever I chose. At least this way we know who it is, and
what time period she's in."

The Doctor nodded.

(Author's note: It occured to me too late that, by setting it
where I did, I couldn't mention Nyssa and Ann Talbot. Then
again, even in a double, I couldn't fit in Bret and the Brig,
so it's probably just as well; once you get to "triple
drabble", you're probably missing the point...)

--
Dave
Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc