Need White Rum Drink Recipies

1 view

Kirk Bailey

Feb 27, 1995, 3:40:25 AM2/27/95

On Thu, 23 Feb 1995, Darin Michael Wist wrote:

> Our annual texas mickey party is this weekend and the flavor for
> this year's festivities is white rum. I know that there are endless drink
> possibilities for this fine spirit. Please e-mail me your best/fav. drink
> using white rum so I can dazzle my friends with my fine mixology
> knowledge. Any and all are welcome to help make this party a smashing
> success (or is that smashed?).

Here's a good one that'll get em smashed. Save it for the chicks cause
they love the fruit.

Sangria: Blood of the People

3/4 fifth of vodka
3/4 fifth of RUM
3/4 fifth of brandy
1 gallon of cheap burgondy wine

mix it all together and add:
sliced apples, oranges, lemons, limes, any other fruit.

let it ferment for at least an hour, Important. add ice as needed

k.b.

BLACK DOG

Feb 27, 1995, 6:47:23 PM2/27/95
Darin Michael Wist (dmw...@duke.usask.ca) wrote:

: Our annual texas mickey party is this weekend and the flavor for
: this year's festivities is white rum. I know that there are endless drink
: possibilities for this fine spirit. Please e-mail me your best/fav. drink
: using white rum so I can dazzle my friends with my fine mixology
: knowledge. Any and all are welcome to help make this party a smashing
: success (or is that smashed?).

: Also if anyone has any new drinking game (not three man,
: quarters, or red and black-cards) that we can play send them along as
: well. Hope to hear from you D.B.'s.

: Thanx
: dmw...@duke.usask.ca
: Darin Wist (rhymes with pissed)

-FLAMING DR.PEPPER-

3/4 oz. light rum in a tall shot.
Top off with rootbeer schnapps.
Ignite the shot glass,and drop it
into a full mug of MGD(shot glass
and all) Chug as soon as the flame
dies.

Mix in larger portions and pour over
ice for an intoxicating DR.PEPPER like
beverage.

-ESKIMO PUSSY-

In a blender, mix 24 oz. strawberry nectar,
6-12 oz. light rum(BALLS REQUIRED), top off
with ice and blend untill slushy. Fresh str-
awberries are nice too.

-PACIFIC BREEZE- (TYPHOON)

In a blender, mix 2 oz. each of light rum,
Malibu brand laced rum, and Bacardi dark rum.
Add, to taste, equal amounts of guava, peach,
and strawberry nectars. Splash of O.J.and pineapple
juice. Serve on rocks in a tall glass with a pineapple
wedge, a bar cherry, and a kiwi slice on a toothpick.

-LOCONUT-

In a blender, mix 10 oz. pina colada mix, and 5 oz.
Malibu brand laced rum, the meat from one small coconut,
and enough ice to slush it up. Might seem a little too
sweet. If so add water.

And remember rum is good mixed with just about any juice.

Have a TYPHOON for me.

JESTER

Philip Eskelin

Mar 5, 1995, 7:03:07 PM3/5/95
In article <3itoab$g...@news.nevada.edu> hor...@nevada.edu (BLACK DOG) writes:
> -FLAMING DR.PEPPER-
>
> 3/4 oz. light rum in a tall shot.
> Top off with rootbeer schnapps.
> Ignite the shot glass,and drop it
> into a full mug of MGD(shot glass
> and all) Chug as soon as the flame
> dies.
>
> Mix in larger portions and pour over
> ice for an intoxicating DR.PEPPER like
> beverage.

Wow, college kids must have lightned up...we made Flaming Dr. Peppers
with the following:

3/4 Amaretto
1/4 151 proof Bacardi Rum
Turn the lights out
Light the bitch on fire,
drop it into a 16-ounce pint of beer and pound the whole thing.

After six or so, when everyone's getting a little buzzed, we'd start
spiking the beer with 151 to give it more kick. Though, I went to
Washington State, and it was a real party school back in the 80s &
early 90s...the above ritual was usually done in a basement as a
pre-function.

--
/\/\ | Philip B. Eskelin, Jr. pe...@ctp.com
/ /_ \ | Cambridge Technology Partners, Inc.

Christopher Armogida

Mar 15, 1995, 11:58:10 AM3/15/95
In article <3jlb04$e...@usenet.ucs.indiana.edu>,
Mel <mlan...@silver.ucs.indiana.edu> wrote:
>Just a side note...these drinks you are describing with a shot glass
>submerged in a mug of beer...i've seen those in the Midwest...they are
>usually a shot of tequila and amaretto, sunk into some cheap beer like
>Miller, and called a Wisconsin Lunchbucket. ( from the Milwaukee beer
>used, i assume). kinda funny. watching someone drink one is a scream.
>am i the only one who has heard of these?

The best shot-in-mug I've tried is a Flaming Dr. Pepper, where you fill a
shot with 3/4 Amaretto and topped off with 151. Light the shot, laugh at
the blue flame which you're about to inhale, drop it in some beer, and let it
go. Matter of fact, last weekend I just bought a bottle of both for that
occasion, still have some left, too - wohoo!

Chris
Cincinnati - but I'll be in NY and VT this week (Syracuse [sp?] and Rutland)
for St. Patty's... any locals?