Follow-Up to my post 5-17-1999

MaureenJ

Nov 14, 2008, 3:00:36 PM11/14/08
I just re-discovered this group, after almost 10 years. Looking thru
old files on my computer, I found my old dream post from May 1999
(below). I also found a website on the significance of the number "11"
as it relates to the attacks on the WTC in 2001. It struck me that
flight 11, the flight in my dream in 1999, was the first flight to hit
the WTC.

I had completely forgotten about this flight 11 plane crash dream by
the time my husband and I were supposed to tour the WTC just prior to
Sept 2001. Standing there in NYC, looking at the WTC, I came down with
a feeling of foreboding and could not enter it. I wondered if I had
suddenly developed acute acrophobia. We had to leave, I could not even
tolerate being near the WTC, I felt so bad, like I was about to die.
It was a dark, soul-crushing feeling. We went to the Empire State
building instead, which I had no problem with. This experience was
very weird for me.

I am looking forward to reading about the dreams of others.

Maureen

To: alt.dreams
From: Maurjonson
Date: May 17 1999, 2:00 am
A couple of hours ago I had a depressing dream that woke me up. I
sure
hope it's not precognitive or anything. About 7 AM EDT I was dreaming
that
I woke up to find my sister (whom I haven't seen in years) hanging a
note on my bedroom doorknob. She saw I was awake, and said to me,
"You're not going to like this." Then she walked away. I see the
note
looks like a "Do Not Disturb" sign, but when I go up to examine it
more
closely, she has written on it, "Flight 11 went down suddenly. All
lost."
In my dream I think a plane has gone down. Then I start to wake up,
and
I think that I had better not take that flight coming up soon after
all. Then when I was fully awake, and I realized I am not flying
anywhere. What was this all about? I am not sure if she wrote
Flight
11, or Flight 1111, now that I think about it, it seems she may have
written only, "11 went down suddenly. All lost." (Without the word
"flight" -- I am not sure. It might have said, "11 11 went down
suddenly. All lost." With two 11's.)
Is this dream literal, or symbolic? I just remembered a good friend
is flying
to California soon, should I tell him about my dream (or maybe just
check his
flight number first).
I am looking for an explanation for this dream as it seemed so
significant and
so frightening.
It seems whenever I have a dream with this much power to alarm me,
that
something always comes of it, it means something significant. I feel
worried.
Maureen

http://www.greaterthings.com/News/911/Eleven/index.html
Elevens on Sept. 11
. Flight #11 was the first plane to attack.
. The attack on America was on the 11th
. The World Trade Center's twin towers, standing side by side
resembled the number eleven.
. The twin towers each had 110 stories.
. The first plane to hit the towers was Flight 11 by American
Airlines or AA. A is the first letter in the alphabet, so we have
again 11:11.
. September 11th was the 254th day of the year, 2+5+4 adds up to
eleven.
. After September 11th there is 111 days left in this year.
. Flight #11 had 92 passengers, 9+2 adds up to eleven.
(There is a lot more at this site)

M Winther

Nov 25, 2008, 2:46:34 AM11/25/08

It is quite likely that you had a foreboding dream. A colleague of
mine dreamt before 9/11 that a plane crashed into a skyscraper
creating a cleft in the house. Your dream could, additionally, point at
the societal problems that we are now facing due to the global
financial problems. The 11th year of the 21th century is likely to be
very tough.

I, too, have recently had foreboding dreams. I dreamt about airplanes
breaking up in the air, and people and metal parts fell to the ground
all around me. In one dream I saw that a fire had broken out in the
plane's middle, and it started to break up. It began to undulate in
the air while the crack widened more and more. In the dream I realized
that now is happening what I had predicted long ago.

This, I believe, illustrates the financial instability that society
now undergoes. This went on for some time, while right-wing youth
began to march. I knew I had to find a hiding-place, while society was
cracking up. So my dreams told me that we will experience an
economical depression, and that many companies will go bankrupt. Many
individuals will face an economical disaster, falling out of the
airplane and come crashing to the ground. But in my dreams I seem to
live in a soundproof apartment, a good protection from the turmoil on
the street. However, shop assistants say that sales are going badly,
shelves are half empty, and articles are sometimes of inferior
quality. In one dream I observed a once public place that had turned
into a desert-like area, and the public bath is being pulled down.
This, also, pictures a societal crisis, it seems.

First I tended to interpret these dream on the personal level, for
instance, I feared a somatic disaster. But I soon suspected that they
were societal dreams, and now it seems obvious what they mean. The
question is why my unconscious registers this. Perhaps it is a
function of the unconscious to present the future to the community.
The pharao's dream about the seven lean years (Gen 41:02), interpreted
by Joseph, is an obvious example. Such dreams have helped people to
prepare for the future. So I have dreamt about these things although
the looming depression isn't likely to affect me much personally. But
it's like my unconscious worries about my fellow beings, young people
who buy expensive houses or apartments, have invested in their first
business, etc. Many personal tragedies will take place.

Mats Winther