What are 'stroller nazis'?

ra...@netcom.com

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

I've heard the term 'stroller nazis' used alot here and I was just
wondering what it means? Are these people who are running over feet or
something? Or are there just bad feelings about the use of strollers in
the park?

Thanks -

Carol Koster

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96
to ra...@netcom.com

Yoo Hoo, rayg!

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996 ra...@netcom.com wrote:

> Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 23:06:51 GMT
> From: ra...@netcom.com
> Newsgroups: alt.disney.disneyland
> Subject: What are 'stroller nazis'?

When I rejoined reading the Disney Usenet newsgroups there was a raging
flamewar going on regarding the use of strollers in crowds at Disney theme
parks. Some resented being nicked by strollers in close quarters where
manuverability of those things is very difficult, those who have used
strollers defended the practice by stating it preserved the child's energy
level when touring the theme parks. I guess some stroller accidents were
more serious and annoying to a few, and in their heated emotion came up
with the term you mentioned.

--Carol Koster ()~() FidoNet Disney Echo Moderator
FDC Walk-Around Minnie Mouse (_) FidoNet E-mail to Rich Koster
1994 FDC Rookie of the Year at 1:3828/1.3
Minnie on EntertainMuck & FDCMuck
"....Scourge of Whispering Canyon..." --Graham Allan, Dis' 'n' Dat,
October 1994, Volume 2 Number 10, Page 6 "A Life in the Day of
rec.arts.disney"

Melissa Bammel

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

When we were there in June (5 wonderful days), while coming out of
Fantasmic, this woman behind my sister repeatedly shoved her child's
stroller into her legs, as if that would make her move or something....she
left a mark...I couldn't believe anyone could be that rude...if it was an
accident, or just the crowd, that'd be one thing, but this woman just
wanted to be pushy...

--
Melissa :-[ pon...@bga.com, http://www.realtime.net/~ponine, Ponine on IRC
"Water the music, plant the seeds in the pot, music's the life flowing

Carl Brown

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

Melissa Bammel wrote:

> When we were there in June (5 wonderful days), while coming out of
> Fantasmic, this woman behind my sister repeatedly shoved her child's
> stroller into her legs, as if that would make her move or something....she
> left a mark...I couldn't believe anyone could be that rude...if it was an
> accident, or just the crowd, that'd be one thing, but this woman just
> wanted to be pushy...

I know what you're talking about, there's so many rude people in the world.
But when I was last at DL, I couldn't believe how offended people seemed
that I was "in their way" with my two sons in a double stroller. I'm always
very careful to not run into folks legs (or anything else) or stop in the
middle of a traffic flow area. Ah... which bring up one of my pet peeves.

I can't stand it when people stop right in the middle of a walkway or such.
Man, that bugs me. You know the type, they seem to act as if they are the
only ones in the park. I just want to yell "HELLO! Do you see the many
people struggling to get around you?".